I have a question about private messages

Started by alahendra, May 15, 2006, 10:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alahendra

I tend to clean up my PM inbox fairly often, but I like to hang on to some threads, particularly ones that have to due with plotting and such.  My question is, am I causing an undue burden on storage space by keeping these?  Or do PMs take up an insignificant amount of space?  There are just so many messages here on the actual boards that I have wondered about this.  Thanks!
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

Purple

I don't know the answer to your question, but I've found a better way to keep track of all that is to go to the Elluiki button just up top of here and below the search bar and create a page there.  Then place all the links and addresses there in an easy-to-access place and delete all those pesky pms.  I hope this will help if your question can't be answered to your satisfaction.  :)
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

alahendra

Hmmm... I haven't really looked at Elluiki much yet.  I'll have to check that out.  Thanks for the tip, Purple. :)

Purple

There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Elvi

There is also, the option of cutting and pasting all of your links onto one PM and sending it back to yourself?
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

alahendra

That's probably a simpler idea for me actually.  Thanks Elvi, and for moving the topic, I was not quite sure where it should go.

Elvi

Well, being one of those none technical sorts, I always think of the simplest solution...*smiles*

King_Furby

Or you can use a program like microsoft word to keep track of all the links. That is nice and simple and should be easy to keep track of.

Ellyssa

Could be wrong, but I don't think she was even talking about any game links.. more about back-and-forth PMs on plot ideas and discussions about what might happen. And she wants to know how many PMs we can safely hang on to without making the admin mad :)

Just had to cull my inbox today too, I know how it feels *woeful sigh*

Elvi

Hell, the amount of traffic I have........*sighs*.......fortunately nice and not a pain today.....*smiles*

ZK

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."