Falling Leaf Academy

Started by MzHyde, November 12, 2013, 01:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelisaArtemis

normal
casual
Uniform
Name: Izumi Mizuki (Family name, First name)
Orientation: Bi
Personality: Mizuki is normally a bright and gentle girl who isn't afraid to get close with anyone outside of missions and training. During mission though, she becomes a very reliable support for her teammates, both mentally and physically. Preferring not to stand out too much, she tends to just allowing her team members to take the spotlight in battle while she supports from the back.

Combat Aptitude: (Your character's ability in each style so far, from S [highest] to A, B, C, or D [lowest])
-Kenjutsu: D
-Taijutsu: A. She is skilled in her family's fighting style which is a form to Jiujitsu which concentrates on using the enemy's power against themselves and pressure point to disable them. The latter can also be used as a form of first aid on the field.
-Genjutsu: S
-Ninjutsu: D. She can do basic jutsus just fine but her chakra capacity is not enough for her to pull off the more powerful ones.
-Fuinjutsu: D

Class Aptitude: (Your character's aptitude in each class so far, from S [highest] to A, B, C, or D [lowest])
-Stealth: S
-Survival: B
-Chakra: D

Appearance: Mizuki has knee-length blonde hair, Crystal blue eyes and white skin. As a member of the kitsune race, the only distinguishing feature compared to human are her fox ears and tail which if she so choose, she can hide if necessary with the help of some basic illusion.

History: Mizuki hails from the main branch of an old family of ninjas from the Kitsune clan. As kitsunes, her clan inherently excels in illusions/genjutsu by nature, making them excellent spies, even children of their clan can weave or simple illusions. As they grow, the people of the clan also grows stronger, allowing them to create more complicated and powerful illusions. Even among her clan though, Mizuki is hailed as a prodigy in the illusionary art and had entered the ninja academy since the tender age of 15.

During her time in the academy, she is known to be an honor student who is popular among the students both due to her beauty and her friendly personality. The teachers themselves seem well acquainted with her for being an exceptional and bright student.

Notes: Unknown to pretty much everyone bar a few, the "clothes" she is wearing are actually merely a very complicated illusion which can even "feel" real to the touch though most people would assume that those are normal clothes which are modified to accommodate her fox features. However, as they are illusion, they provide 0 protection and automatically dispelled if she is knocked out.

Yukina

Angaroo

Good morning!  :-) Just wanted to say that I'm working on my character sheet now.

AndyZ

Name: Nara Mitsuhari
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 125 lb.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

Combat Aptitude: (Your character's ability in each style so far, from S [highest] to A, B, C, or D [lowest])
-Kenjutsu: B
-Taijutsu: C
-Genjutsu: C
-Ninjutsu: A
-Fuinjutsu: B
Class Aptitude: (Your character's aptitude in each class so far, from S [highest] to A, B, C, or D [lowest])
-Stealth: B
-Survival: C
-Chakra: A

Appearance: Her shadow talents appear not unlike PVC when exposed to sufficient light, with the shiny and glossy nature easily apparent.  This is an improvement to her first year training, where light would just make the shadows vanish altogether.  Underneath the armored outfit she manifests for herself is a simple cloth ninja outfit so she won't end up completely naked if the armor is dispelled or broken.

Background: Ever since early adolescence, Nara has proven herself adept at shadow magic.  Most children are scared of the night, but Nara couldn't help but enjoy the chance to bring out her toys and play in secret.  Come morning, all her new friends and toys would vanish with the rising dawn, making her quietly resentful of the bright sky.

No one else had that trouble, and a few people she tried to talk to about it didn't quite believe her.  It wasn't until she found a dark cave and showed them that they did listen, at the cost of horrifying them.  Rumors spread, she became isolated, and it wasn't long before the torch-ready mob came after her.

She tried her best to fight, but what could she do against such bright light?  If not for the village elder, she would have been burned alive.

He'd heard of such gifts, but it wasn't until he saw the escalating battle that he truly recognized who she was and what she could do.  So he took her under his personal protection until she could be enrolled to train as a ninja.

Her natural aptitude with shadow magic has caused her to focus on perfecting those abilities, leaving her to specialize in a way which isn't very good for ninja.  A true ninja must be anything which the situation requires, and while Nara's shadow talents are unmatched, she has little ability in much else and often tries to default on her natural abilities.

Notes: Her preferred fighting style is to manifest shuriken made of shadow.  Her listed grades reflect ups and downs based on whether she's able to use her natural shadow talents to manage a particular task.  For example, her stealth ability in darkness is fantastic, but she does much less well in urban environments.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Angaroo

Casual
Uniform/Normal/Combat
Name: Riko Moto
Orientation: Straight, but bi-curious
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Black

Combat Aptitude:
-Kenjutsu: D (Only fights with her hands and feet)
-Taijutsu: S (Known to most as the 'Moto Technique', this is Riko's main style of fighting.)
-Genjutsu: C (Trained briefly by her parents/academy, but doesn't like the technique.)
-Ninjutsu: A (Uses ninjutsu mainly to amplify her taijutsu, but can use it on it's own as well.)
-Fuinjutsu: C (Same as Genjutsu.)
Class Aptitude:
-Stealth: D (Not stealthy at all, instead insists on making an entrance for herself.)
-Survival: B (Knows more about survival than most regular students, but she, by no means, considers herself an "expert".)
-Chakra: A (Trained by her parents, Riko has a very good understanding of chakra and, whenever she is in combat, is seen using it for her technique frequently.)

Personality: Riko is a very calm person all around. Despite this though, her personality is sometimes clouded by her goals and ambitions. She loves to kid around and acts more like an idiot than the woman she actually is but, contrary to her persona, Riko lives for others, sweats for others and would even die for others, if it meant lives could be saved. She is a very honorable person, but is easily offended and is quick at the mouth with smart comments. She is modest and can be incredibly headstrong at times, but she is very friendly to be around.

Most of her friends see her as a shoulder to lean on in rough times. In other words, she is known to be a very reliable friend to turn to. She has a strong heart and is known to fight for her beliefs and dreams. She will listen to any problems her friends have, and she never judges others. Patience is one of Riko's virtues, and she demonstrates it every day.

Background: Riko grew up under the protection of her mother and father and, during most of her childhood, learned a great deal about how to become a shinobi, seeing as her parents were chūnin. Riko's father, Ryotu Moto, is still a very well known shinobi and taijustu master. Both of her parents were skilled users of ninjutsu, as well as taijutsu, and she learned the basics about chakra before entering the academy. When Riko's parents finally thought she was ready, they enrolled her in the academy at the age of 13.

During the four years that Riko has been at the academy, she has built quite a reputation for herself, mostly for being hotheaded and quick to prove herself. Despite this, she is a very intelligent individual who excels when it comes to learning something new. For this, she is very well respected among the teachers and students.

Notes: The taijustu technique, appropriately named the 'Moto Family Technique', that Riko uses is a technique that has been passed down ever since her great-great grandfather developed it. The technique mainly focuses on making attacks a lot stronger and faster through the usage of ninjustu.

Wargtass

Name: Tengu (Actually a series of squawks and ticking noices, but no one ever bothered actually pronouncing it)
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 130 lbs
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Black

Combat Aptitude:
-Kenjutsu: B
-Genjutsu: D
-Ninjutsu: D
-Fuinjutsu: D
Class Aptitude:
-Stealth: A
-Survival: S
-Chakra: D

Appearance: A very tall and thin young man, Tengu stands a head above most and certainly has some very birdlike qualities. For one feathers seem to grow out of his arms, hair and back, not nearly enough to enable him flight but certainly enough to make him stand out even more in a crowd. There is also his very impressive dexterity with his hands and feet, further helped by his talon-tipped fingers and toes, which he has used for everything from climbing and combat to picking up single rice seeds from the air. He moves in a rather birdlike fashion as well and can be surprisingly stealthy in spite of his very unusual appearance.

Background: The Tengu Clan of birdmen was once a rather powerful faction hailing from the dense jungle-like forests of their homeland. Sadly they were a bit too ambitious and proud of themselves and as such they found themselves in conflict with a lot of the other nations, even including the Academy at one point. In an effort to bring peace between the two after a devastating conflict, the Academy was given a nobleborn son as hostage to ensure the peace treaty was kept until his 18th birthday. However the Tengu were just about eradicated by the other nations they were at war with and today not many remain, not the least their nation.

As such the boy was effectively raised by the Academy from a very young age. The boy was simply called Tengu because his true name was simply too hard to pronounce for regular folk. Since he was eight years old he has sneaked out of his confines of the academy to live on his own in the wild for extended times, possibly because some sort of genetic propensity for it since the Tengu Clan lived in and of the wild forests of their land.

Ever since he started studying at the Academy itself it has become increasingly obvious that he might not actually fit for it. His only strengths are his talents for stealth and survival and his skill with bow and arrow has kept him from flunking kenjutsu (barely, since he can barely handle a fork without hurting himself). With his final exam coming up the faculty of the Academy doubt that he will make the cut, but he is strangely determined to do so no matter what.

Notes: Picture coming up soonish.
O/O

KnightNelson20

Is this still open? If so id like to join. Ill be making a cs soon but wanted to leave a bump of sorts

MzHyde

More or less. It needs a couple more to start.

KnightNelson20

Name: Ryujin Matsumoto
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135
Eyes: red
Hair: silver

Combat Aptitude:
-Kenjutsu: S
-Taijutsu: B
-Ninjutsu: C
-Fuinjutsu: A
Class Aptitude:
-Stealth: S
-Survival: B

Appearance: Ryujin's sword is as long as his body and hangs from a string over his shoulder and both sides of the sheathe are open. Ryujin's sword style is his own creation yet only a variation of his family's quick draw sword style.

Personality: Ryujin is a quiet kid. He always keeps his head on his shoulders and looking a step ahead. But he is quite naive at times and can over look things at times. He speaks bluntly at times and at other times his tongue is as silver as his hair.

His family raised him in style traditional with samurai, but Ryujin considered himself more of a ninja at heart. As such he conducts himself honorably around people but the true intent behind his smile is rarely seen. Always a gentleman around girls but secretly a perv, Ryujin will never miss a chance to feel up a body while making it look like an accident. He loves Strawberry pocky and is never without a box. If someone breaks one of them he loses his temper and must fight them.

Background: Ryujin is the youngest sword master of the Matsumoto clan. The Matsumoto's a skilled clan of swordsman that were known around for their services as protectors of royalty and skill in sealings and barriers. The reason behind his title lies with his sword. The Burakkuraion. A sword that was wielded by one of the greatest Matsumoto's in history. After he died the sword was never able to be drawn from its sheathe again. So they sealed it and protected it as a family treasure.

His father was in charge of watching over the sword. It sat in their dojo and they meditated in front of it before practice. One day when Ryujin was 10 and he sat with his father in meditation he asked his father why no one used Burakkuraion. His father said that no one has been able to unsheathe Burakkuraion for many years. Ryujin stood up and walked over to the sword stating, "It doesn't look that hard.", before pulling Burakkuraion from its sheathe. He even effortlessly broke all of the seals placed over the sword through the years.  Burakkuraion is a long sword, even now as Ryujin is 17 the swords length matches Ryujins height, but Ryujin always held it with ease. It was meant for him.

Ryujin's sword skill is well known throughout the academy. His family name also being well known for the quick draw style and fuinjutsu prowess. He isn't normally one to start conversation so he is often times seen watching others until talked to. But He's a nice guy. Unless you break his pocky. There was one kid who thought he was a bully and broke a whole box. Ryujin cut all of his clothes to ribbons without warning. If he wasn't thrown another box who knows where that could have gone.

KnightNelson20

How do i know if im accepted?! *pouts needing approval*

Rogue

I'm withdrawing interest. My muse is deciding to be a pain. Good luck to all. :)

KnightNelson20

One more and we have 6. that could be 2 teams of 3 :)

MzHyde

Everyone is approved. I'll make the OOC topic and create the sixth character tomorrow.

MzHyde

Kaisude

Man I am so interested in this. Any room?

MzHyde

MelisaArtemis

if we can get 1 more interest, I think I can get someone I know to join in too for another team of 3

KnightNelson20

I hope we do. Kaisude is my friend he already has side plots in his head for our characters *laughs*

Oldknight

If you need one more for a team of 3, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

Kaisude

MelisaArtemis

lets wait for MzHyde's decision first. We're still in introduction section anyway so there is still plenty of time

Kaisude

Well I have a cs ready if MzHyde is okay with more characters for this story.

MzHyde

I'm fine with more characters but that means the final teams will be unbalanced when it comes time for the tourney. Three more folks means an odd number of fighters.

Oldknight

Rouga
Name: Rouga Sensui
Height: 5'11
Weight: 155
Eyes: Gray
Hair: White

-Kenjutsu: S
-Ninjutsu: A
-Fuinjutsu C
-Stealth:C
-Survival:S

Background:: Rouga is was born to a fire mage of a father and a kenjutsu expert of a mother. He was thus shown both skills from a early age, and grew to adopt both styles combining them together as best as he combing the skills as best as he could. It was decided very early on in his life that he would be attending the Falling Leaf Academy, as it was customary for him as his parents had many years before.  He was thus trained for his time in the academy long before went there at the age of 14.

Rouga, was given his grandfather's sword before entering into the academy, it was also a bit of tradition as was passed on for 5 generations before landing into his hands. In his first years at the academy, the young warrior preformed well, improving his swordsmanship as well as his skills with the fire element. Rouga having been able to show his natural genius in school has done quite well, advancing each year on course to become a graduate in time.

Personality: Rouga his a focused young man, a man whom believes in destiny and works towards what he feels is his own fate or destiny with each step and each day he lives. His life is focused on the skills passed down to him. He can be a rather serious person most of the time, and rather driven, something that being in the academy so far hasn't changed in him yet. Still he does what is needed to accomplish his mission, putting that and the bettering of his skills as his top priorities in life.

MelisaArtemis

@MzHyde: well, it just means someone need to fight an NPC in preliminary fight. Depending on how you gonna decide who win/lose the tournament fight, its not that much of a big deal, really.

Btw, now that I browse through our list of characters. Some of the characters seems to be rather overpowered at lease statistically. I mean... I can understand someone being "jack of all trade" but that also means they have to be a "Master of nothing". Meaning, if they either have to have a specialty (S - A Rank abilities) while scoring poorly on the others (C - D Rank) or Scoring average across the board (B - C rank everywhere). A character with pure S - B rank abilities across the board would be incredibly overpowered.

I'm not asking for a systematic stat system but I think a few of our player need to nerf their character a little.