Interest Check Serenity/Firefly Freeform/System RP

Started by Pretty in Pink, November 23, 2011, 04:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pretty in Pink

"Come a time there won't be room in the 'verse for naughty men like us to slip about.  So here we are, on the raggedy edge.  Don't push me.....
And I won't push you."

There came a time when Earth-that-was could no longer support human life...

Yeah, you all know the story.  So I won't bore you with a history lesson.

However, after the broadcast put out from Mister Universe's station by Captain Malcolm Reynolds of the Serenity, Alliance Command has begun cracking down on smugglers, as well as ferreting out the various Reaver holdout areas on the fringes.  Most smugglers have gone completely legitimate, with the remainder dealing through networks and various false monikers.

However, all is not well with the Alliance.  Rumors are growing both in Parliament and in the general populace of a revival of the Independence movement, or 'Browncoat Rebellion' as it was called during the war.  Of course, the Alliance Parliament scoffs, discounting these rumors as the ramblings of idle minds, with nothing better to complain about now that most freighters are legitimate and the Reavers are being pushed back.

You are members of the crew of one of the last remaining smugglers (one of the players, hopefully.  I would prefer not to NPC him/her.)  This game is going to chronicle your adventures through the 'verse, and the hilarious antics that will ensue.

I'm going to leave this open to five, MAYBE six people.  It's set some twenty years after the events of Firefly and Serenity, combining the two slightly.  Mal has gone legit, but is making more than enough money to keep the Serenity as one of the top small freighters in the 'verse.

Once I get enough interested players, we'll make a decision over whether we're going to use system or just freeform it.

SO.  Who's interested?
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Shiny

' always liked Firefly/Serenity. Consider me interested! *sign*

Nothing great, but for someone to share their thoughts.

Pretty in Pink

drezdock

Pretty in Pink

Yay!  That's two now.  Three more spots for sure are open, and one additional if I get a really badass concept from someone.

Drezdock
Shiny

Starlequin

Conjure I'd like to sign on with this crew, as well. Course, I ain't seen the boat yet...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Haloriel

Pretty in Pink

Wow.  That's four.  Only one spot open as of right now.  And @Star: I guess I should go hunting for that, shouldn't I?  :P  Thought I was waiting to see if one of my players took captain so I could see what THEY had in mind too.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on November 23, 2011, 05:04:46 PM
Shiny

Heh. I find it supremely ironic that someone who wants to join a Firefly RP is named Shiny.  :P

Pretty in Pink

ZOMG REIJI!  *glomps*  Are you in or out, btw?  And I know, right?  Hence my comment immediately after the initial interest post.

ReijiTabibito

Most likely.  If we did a system, would we be using the actual Firefly system, or no?

And we all need to get onboard with nicknaming Shiny's character Shiny.  :P

RubySlippers

Have room for a defrocked Companion who well has all the classic skills and some new ones, well damn it so she was funding a lovebot factory they didn't have to kick her out.
:-*

Pretty in Pink

MEEP!  I wasn't expecting interest to explode like that.  I can open it to six, I guess....  Yeah, sure.  Why not.

@Reiji: Yes, it would be the Firefly/Serenity system if we go system.

Uhm....  Oh!  Character sheet!

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Special Skills:[/b]
[b]Job on ship:[/b]
[b]Anything I should be aware of?[/b]

ReijiTabibito

What level?  Greenhorn, Veteran, or Big Damn Hero?

Pretty in Pink

We have yet to decide if we're actually going to do system yet, Reiji.  Hehe.  So slow down a second.  I'll take that post, however, as a vote for System.

So!  Everyone involved.  Would you prefer System or Freeform?  If it comes to a tie, I will be the breaker vote.

Starlequin

*glances in again* This is starting to remind me of the last tub I was on...look away for five minutes and everything blows up on you.

As I'm not actually familiar with the system, however, I believe I'll have to vote freeform, unless someone is kindhearted enough to explain it to me in bitty words.

ReijiTabibito

Starlequin, given how the company that makes the system is out of business, I might be able to point you in the direction of the book in question...

Pretty in Pink

I also have it on PDF... somewhere...  *goes digging in computer*

*two minutes later*

Dawww.  THat's right.  That was my netbook.  I have the Beast now, so yeah.

endiemyon

This filled up FAST!  I'm in if there is still room.

Cheers,
END

Pretty in Pink

Wow.  Was seriously NOT expecting this much interest.  Had it been a Doctor Who thing, I KNOW I'd get people within ten minutes.

Haloriel

Pretty in Pink

So that's 2 Freeform, 1 System.

@Endymion: I'll have to see what I end up with for character concepts, and then I'll drop you a line to let you know.  Keep your eyes open, however, as I may ask you to play a specific role.  :P

Starlequin

Hrm, yeah...thats about where Im afraid I'll have to start complicating things. I don't have internet access at home on anything but my phone, so ordinarily I would take my laptop into town to surf on a hotspot and...acquire the requisite source books from there. However, thanks to getting spanked with a breakdown, I'm currently without a car and thus housebound until Dec 1st or so, meaning i wont be having any opportunities to go...er, shopping, as it were. So. Scale of 1-10. How hard is this system to  pick up?

Edit: damn my furiously slow thumbs and tendency for distractions...

Edit, part II: I'm just gonna go ahead and stick with my vote to freeform this puppy.

endiemyon

It looks like most of the material for the system has been taken off the website to be reposted later.  Anybody have soft copies?

Pretty in Pink

I'm in the process of finding my copy of the book and getting it scanned into PDF format (gotta love high-tech stuffs)  As for how hard...  Uhm...  No clue?  :D  I'll be doing a lot of learning in the next couple of days myself, so don't feel too out of place.