News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Changed World

Started by LittleKitten, April 13, 2011, 01:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleKitten

FULL. I will post if there are any openings.

I'm looking for 6 players for a small post apocalyptic group role play. I'm not limiting who you play or what gear you have so long as it's reasonable. You will also be given a chance to loot for gear after the game starts, just something to keep in mind.

The location is a small college town in Oregon. It's rural but not so much so you can't get to places. Coffee shops linger next to horse farms and there's  a weekly farmers market. It's a good place to live with little crime and friendly people.

But what monsters lie behind the mask of politeness?  What happens when the government fails?
What happens with civilization collapses?

Some power, be it Godly or alien, changes things. The change is sudden and, without warning, technology fails. Guns cease to fire, cars will not start. There is no internet to reference. No phones to call for help. Suddenly, everyone is on their own. They must survive by their own knowledge and luck.

Somehow every bit of technology invented after the 1600's simply stops working. Was there some previous great change that allowed this technology to be invented, did the world simply return to its normal state? Did something attack us and send us backwards? Did God grow tired of us and decide to punish us? Is the change local or has the entire world changed?

Will you survive? How will you survive?

If you're interested please send me a PM with your character. I'll post it once you're approved.

Character Format:
Name:
Gear: (things you would carry for daily life, not things you will loot)
Biography: (anything useful goes here. Hobbies and the like)

Crovonovin

I'd be interested in this game!  Haven't gotten down and dirty with some post-apocalyptic drama for quite some time.  Just a few questions!

Are there any particularly sort of characters you're looking for?  Any sort you definitely do not want to see?  You can of course approve or deny sheets as you get them, but I just thought it might be good to get that out of the way first.

Do you have an idea of what direction you want to move the story in, or is it more of a "drop a bunch of civvies into a chaotic situation and see how well they fare" sort of game?

LittleKitten

I actually have an entire world created so it's entirely up to the players. I wouldn't stop them from finding a boat and sailing to China and I could make it work so it's basically more or less going to go in the direction the players decide. So, I guess drop a bunch of civvies into chaos and stir :D

I don't want over powered characters. You're more then welcome to play an MMA fighter but not one who carries around a crossbow, armor and sword for daily life. However, you could decide you have such things at your house. I could work that into the storyline easily.

Crovonovin

Alright, great!  Just wanted to test the limits.  I personally will be going for something slightly more mundane than an accomplished fighter. 

What about the college?  Is it a place that would draw people from outside the town, or more of a community college?  Edging more towards the conservative side, or slightly more accepting (if not quite accustomed to, given the rural setting) alternative lifestyles?

LittleKitten

Do you know anything about the university of Oregon on the Eugene campus?

Its a small(ish) town with a slightly community college vibe but it does attract plenty of students because of the great campus, curriculum and teachers. It feels conservative but if you dig deeper there are alternative lifestyles there. It's not that odd to find a lesbian couple living across from a paster. It's generally a don't ask, don't tell. They may not approve but unless you bring it up they won't get preachy

Crovonovin

Alright, wonderful!  I think I may rework one of my older characters that I never really got a chance to use.  I'll send you the bio when I'm done!

Ahaha, and the very first hit in the Image search for the University of Oregon linked me to the Top 10 Gay Friendly Colleges And Universities.  Looks like my question is doubly answered!

LittleKitten

LittleKitten

NAME: Hester Valdenor
ETHNICITY: Brazilian/Greek (American Citizen)

BIO:
Now in her second year of college in Oregon majoring in engineering, Hester is a fairly established figure in the local community.  Though qualified for a great deal of Student Aid due to her situation, she spends much of her free time taking odd jobs around town in order to pay off debts and afford room and board without having to continually rely on her brother back East.  It's quite a different place from what she's used to, but she seems to have taken quite the shine to the quaintness of it all compared to the bustling city she was raised in.

It isn't rare to see her performing some sort of manual labor for the older townies or spending her hours at the gas station or auto-body repair, where her tattoo and distinct features don't seem to stick out quite as much as elsewhere.

Hester is only "out" to a few people at college, but otherwise tends to keep her personal business to herself unless asked outright.

Bloody Rose

wow a long time since I gotten in a good old survival game, count me in for sure

LittleKitten

looks forward to your character

Bloody Rose

Name: Alexander Anzaker
Gear: A typical book bag filled with books, pencils and stuff like that, a pocket knife on his key chain and one or two snacks on his backpack with a bottle of water.
Biography:
He is the strong silent type of guy, he is the person who will always have your back and will always help anybody that needs it. He is studying communications in the university that this takes place. He is the type of guy that apart from his strong appearance he is very intelligent. He loves to work out and always is up to doing some physical labor wich helps him build muscles. His family comes from Russia however he was born in California and then moved to the state where this takes place. He knows Hester and is a somewhat good friend with her, he does not judge her for what she is trying to do, if he wants to be a she then Alex would treat her as a she.

LittleKitten

Reia

I'm definitely interested. Now, to figure out which character to use.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Brandon

Wooo a good old survivalist game in a post apocolyptic setting. Count me in! Im thinking 1 of 2 concepts, either a military man who was on leave when the apocolypse happened and aspires toward a career in law enforcement or alternatively a somewhat shy and introverted genius whos been struggling to find his place in the world and has interests in medicine.

Any preference for either?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

LittleKitten

Both would be useful in this game. It's really what calls to you the most

Brandon

Ok, in that case Ill write out both and see which one I like more
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Reia

Name: Bailey Laurent

Gear: She carries a large canvas bag (her friends tease her because of how huge it is) that slings over her shoulder. Inside she has: large sketch-pad (11"x14"), drawstring bag full of drawing pencils and erasers, small wooden box holding all her X-ACTO knives and blades, her vintage zippo lighter, iPod, flip-flops, socks, 2-3 novels, wallet, homemade lip-balm, 35mm film camera, extra rolls of film, large 32oz sports bottle filled with water, fruit, homemade granola, nail polish, an original Game Boy, and a rare textbook or two

Biography: Bailey is the only child of two eccentric hippies. Her parents own a large bit of acreage and she lived there all her life. She was homeschooled and hadn't stepped into an actual classroom until her first day of Freshman year.

She definitely takes after her parents, doing what she can to minimize her impact on the planet while still enjoying her life. A definite spree-spirit, she often skips her general education classes to go exploring - be it on campus or around town.

Because of her upbringing, she has great skill in gardening and raising livestock.

[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Brandon

Rough draft and kind of a tie in character to another character of mine

Name: Jonathan Melre'
Gear: A backpack that has a few essential items for survival like a pocket knife, bottled water, and flint and steel as well as an old photo album of his family and an old hand written leather bound journal in a secret language (the Book of Melre' details his family history in a code only his coven knows)
Biography:John was born in Salem Massachusetts nearly two decades ago as the youngest in his family with his Father, mother, and sister Emily. Similar to his sister John was brought up by a secret society of witches called a coven but unlike her has never expressed interest in the society, history, or lore of his ancestors. Instead John looked toward the future, with society's turning away from tradition and the coven's loosing their noterity and even their existance being thought of as myth he found little interest in his heritage. However men in the covens had always been seen as guardians and protectors and that aspect of his heritage did call to him.

From an early age John often read from the book fo Melre' about important figures who protected the family and entire societys through sacrifice and hard work. As a boy and even as a man he romantisized the conficts, seeing them and himself as a protector of the weak and innocent. Those dreams combined with a desire to get away from his heritage drove him to look at doing the same thing but for everyone in the world of man. Unfortunately John didnt get the brains in the family, that all went to his older sister.

Having little money, no experience, and no scholarships to help him with college instead John decided to enroll in the US army as an MP and further his education through them. It has been a year since then. His education in law has been doing fine and as an MP he's gained invaluable experience in the field that can only help him down the road. Yet when a year comes around he decides to take some leave and visit some friends across the country, it just so happens that he was in Oregon when the apocolypse happened. Now he finds himself worried as hes cut off from friends and family but at the same time happy that now he can stand alone against the evil of a post apocolyptic world, just like his ancestors of old.

LittleKitten

Everything looks good so far. I'd like another female player though before we start

TheScarletBlade

Is this based off S.M. Stirlings Novel's of the Change?
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

LittleKitten

*shifty eyes* noooooo

Yes, it is. I haven't gotten far enough in the books though to know the reason behind the change so I've created my own. And yes, there will be a Protectorate to fight

Crovonovin

I'm going to resist the urge to look up the wiki for that then!  I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by what's to come.   ;D

LittleKitten

Kate

happy to be on this but need to check a few things

a) I am more of an extreme role player than most (i am a domme who does like overt sexuality and are more inclined towards exotic strangeness than anything vanilla... no idea what ex / mul / light group this may be in.

b) because of the circumstances i would be interested in exploring the opportunity to do things that the modern culture does not permit (ie extreme selective breeding etc)

I wouldnt necessarily be doing this to other players though (So although I am a domme character I wouldnt necessarily have power or influence over other player characters

Crovonovin

I'll just throw my two cents in here.  I am okay with a fairly broad spectrum of things, from the plainest vanilla to the raunchiest material at the opposite end of the scale.  That doesn't mean I always participate in such things, merely that I'm open to and tolerate them.

With a world suddenly plunged back into the dark age of technology, there are bound to be a number of people who let the sudden collapse of civilization drive them to some pretty extreme actions, either through desperation or loss of inhibition.  That's just a fact.  I mean, just look at what can happen to a city when there's a total power blackout for a few hours.  Rampant looting and mayhem and total chaos.  Make that permanent and worldwide and you've got a major recipe for disaster and some pretty twisted shit.

Ultimately it's up to LittleKitten what parts of the raping and pillaging and murder are glossed over and which are expounded upon, but I just wanted to say that there's very little that makes me uncomfortable.