3.5/Pathfinder dungeon (Closed from recruitment)

Started by Wandering Mind, December 13, 2017, 06:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wandering Mind

I suppose I should get the disclaimers out of the way first.  I've never run a game on the site before so I'll be learning how to run a game here.  I do not anticipate being very active.  I can post on average, weekly.  And I only have a small amount of experience with smut.

I have a dungeon crawl with a sexy twist to it.  The game is going to rely on the interactions between the players, given my activity level.  My activity level may change in the future but I'm unsure at the moment.  Work, medical issues, family, and real life in general tend to interrupt my plans.  This game will be starting at level 1.  The game will use official 3.5 and Pathfinder materials.  If you want, I will allow sexy fluff as long as the overall rules are the same.  For example, perhaps you hit someone with 'stunning fist', you strike at some esoteric pressure points that induce sexual pleasure.

If I have some people who are interested, I'll start posting character creation and house rules.
Estimated response rate: 3 to 10 days.
Owed Posts: Too many
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

InoshimaLance

I think I would like to try this out. If you post at least once a week, then I don't see much of a problem.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Thorne

Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Chulanowa

intrigued; what kind of dungeon crawl are we looking at?

HopeFox

I'm certainly up for giving this a try! I don't mind posting being slow, as long as it moves forward. A smutty dungeon crawl sounds like a lot of fun!
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Muse

A smutty dungeon crawl does indeed sound awesome.  What do you mean by relly on the interaction between the players? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Wandering Mind

Looks like we have some good initial interest.

The general premise is fairly standard.  Someone is hiring the adventurers to stop.  At first glance, the dungeon is fairly standard as there's combat, treasure, and traps with a little plot.

As for what I meant about relying on players, I meant that the game wouldn't succeed if it focused on interactions between player characters and NPCs.  It'd be different if it was a one to one game, but games with multiple characters is doomed to failure if it relied on a slow GM.  Loss of interest and attrition is always an issue for any game/story collaboration, and this is especially true for slower posting rates.

The rules for the game itself are as follows...

Let me know if you will be using 3.5 or Pathfinder since this game will be using both simultaneously.

For character creation:

You start at level 1.

Use the standard point buy system for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 characters (Dungeon Master Guide p.169).

Use the standard fantasy purchase for Pathfinder characters (Pathfinder Core Handbook p.16).

This is a non-evil campaign.

Starting wealth is double starting average gold for your class and 1000 gold.

This game accepts any Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
The only exceptions are the following:
No Dragon magazine.
No Dungeon magazine.
No third party material.
No home-brew material.
While it is possible to break the game with the material available, please do not.

This will take place in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.  Knowledge of the setting is not needed.  Since the game is predominately about exploring the dungeon, the campaign setting will play only a minor part of the game.  Golarion pantheon material is usable for this game if you don't want to use Forgotten Realms deities.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re Z L

Hmm...that opens a lot of possibilities.

I'll try and see if I can put together a proper healslut healer for the group  ;D

I think the only point of confusion would be with the skills between the two systems, I would opt to use Pathfinder skills for all characters as they're a bit simpler to use
A&A

Thorne

Huhn. Alright. I'll stick with Pathfinder myself.

Uh.. Rez is building a healer, that frees me up to ... um.. hang on, lemme dig in the folder. Mebbe I has a useful rogue or fighty-type...

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Cataclysmic Archangel

HopeFox

I think I'll make a proper dungeoneering rogue, since I don't play many actual dungeon campaigns. Maybe a dwarf, drow, ratfolk or kobold, for the true subterranean feel.

Thorne

Hm. I've been wanting to muck about with Pathfinder's Brawler class a little; if I pull one of those out, is it going to cause a problem?
Was going to run it either as half-orc or tiefling; the concept doesn't really care which.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chulanowa

Cool sounding stuff, will have to apply some brain once I get home :-) assuming all the roles aren't filled, of course :p

HopeFox

I'll be using Pathfinder rules, mostly because there's so much stuff in the SRD to use.

Any preferences for race? I could do a very sexy male drow rogue (probably chaotic neutral). I also have a cute idea for a kobold snare setter rogue who used to work in a dragon's lair. Or a very friendly ratfolk lady.

Chulanowa

Muse

Ooh!  The realms? 

Of course, the blend of editions is going to be confusing. 

*ponders...* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Wandering Mind

As for races, you're open to using whatever you want as long as there's no level adjustment.  No custom races either even though you can build your own with Pathfinder rules. 

I'll be able to handle 3.5 and Pathfinder side by side.  Nobody has to worry about a system that they are not familiar with.  Just pick one and use that system exclusively for your character.  I have experience using both systems simultaneously in tabletop and online games.  I find that things only get confusing for players when they contest each other and someone is not familiar with the other system when the GM is not around. 

One of the things I can toot-my-horn about is my experience.  It doesn't mean I have all the answers or the best writing but I'll be able to handle some of the things coming my way.  That being said, I will include a few house rules to help smooth things over.  I will try to keep them to a minimum to prevent too much confusion.  I know some of you are in other d20 games which have their own house rules.

While I am experienced GM, I have never ran or played a game here so I'll have to ask for your patience and occasional help.  In that respect, I am a complete noob.  For instance, I don't know how to roll dice on the site.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

HopeFox

Sounds great! I'm going to go with a kobold lady, then. It might not be the most effective build, but it should be fun!

So I get 1280 gp for my starting gear? Any restrictions on how we spend that (e.g. no more than half on any one item)?

Chulanowa

I'm feeling like Barbarian, but as mentioned, gotta go over options; been a LOOOONG time since I cracked open a 3.5 book.

HopeFox

Oh, for Pathfinder characters, do we get traits? I'm looking at Smoke Resistant and Trap Savvy for my little red kobold girl, because she was the trapslave for a red dragon before she got away.

Wandering Mind

Missed this question before but if anybody wants to be a brawler, go for it.

There will not be any purchase restrictions.  If you feel splurging on a magical item, go for it.

I'm okay with Pathfinders gaining up to two traits.  Anymore would require the 'additional traits' feat.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Thorne

Alrighty then! I've been wanting to mess around with this class for a while. Hee!

Er. Pathfinder tieflings don't come with level adjustments, but 3.5e tieflings do; is that going to be an issue? I'm leaning more towards the tiefling here..

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies