Interest Check - B.I.T.C.H (SM/NC/Con/etc)

Started by rocknrolla, July 31, 2011, 01:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teke

Definitely, dakabn!  What are you thinking you'd like to play?  You'll be my absolute heroine if you want to be an Elite Female!
A&A

rocknrolla

Quote from: dakabn on August 01, 2011, 06:50:38 PM
I'm into NC extreme.... :)  Any room left?

Welcome! There's plenty of room - what would you like to go for; Elite or Dissolute?

If you have any questions about either of the classes please refer to the first post, or don't hesitate to ask me. :-)

Quote from: Teke on August 01, 2011, 06:39:37 PM
50 BC seems fine to me. Could present an interesting back story if need be, though the general lavishness of the time will probably be the main theme.  Edit: And I just saw that 20 years before Spartacus led his gladiator revolt!  I wonder if that should influence my gladiator to be more or less resistant...

The elites better get here quick, us Dissolutes are starting to plot with each other!

Anarchy!!! Hoplites to their stations!! :D

But yeah - I bloody loved the series, kinda nags at me how the animal of a warrior toppled an entire ludus and formed an army for his lost love, but most people would say that was exactly why he did he what he did, still it makes for an awesome read, and a great show too.
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

dakabn

I was counting on Dissolute but... I'll mull over being an Elite. :)

Teke

Be what you want dakabn, don't let me pressure you! Unless you want to be pressured and take it out on me later!
A&A

rocknrolla

Quote from: dakabn on August 01, 2011, 07:04:07 PM
I was counting on Dissolute but... I'll mull over being an Elite. :)

Since your primary choice is Dissolute, how about I add you to that list - its past midnight across the pond anyways so I'll be hitting the bed shortly. In the meantime if we have anybody expressing an interest to be an Elite, that'll be fair and well - otherwise I might ask you if you'd be okay being moved into that category.

Please bear in mind, if you'd rather be Dissolute later that is understandable as well - just presenting the notion since you were lovely enough to offer it. :-)
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Kokaine

So I've been trying to think up why my character (Egyptian female) would have ended up here.

I was thinking something along the lines of her having been acquired by a politician or another prominent figure who intends to use her to his advantage and he needs her tamed and trained but cannot devote the time to it. Or possibly that she is a glory seeker. Since such activities would be frowned upon by the general public in Egypt she might have come her to indulge herself and gain a way into Roman society either by becoming a part of the crew or acquire skills and a reputation that could eventually make her money. Any thoughts?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

rocknrolla

Quote from: Kokaine on August 01, 2011, 07:24:08 PM
So I've been trying to think up why my character (Egyptian female) would have ended up here.

I was thinking something along the lines of her having been acquired by a politician or another prominent figure who intends to use her to his advantage and he needs her tamed and trained but cannot devote the time to it. Or possibly that she is a glory seeker. Since such activities would be frowned upon by the general public in Egypt she might have come her to indulge herself and gain a way into Roman society either by becoming a part of the crew or acquire skills and a reputation that could eventually make her money. Any thoughts?

I actually like that, Kokaine; with the primary idea she could perhaps be part of a regal Egypt, defeated or bought by one of the Roman aristocrats, sent to the B.I.T.C.H to be broken and trained, or merely taught in the lessons of love and respect. Depending on whether you'd like her to be one of the warriors, or a part of the royal family.

With your secondary idea as a Glory Seeker, I find it very fascinating how an Egyptian woman would try to make a name for her in the Roman society. Whilst the people from Middle East were accepted, they were mostly relied upon their cunning and guile, in contrast to their fighting skills as they made for thorough negotiators. However occasionally there were gladiators/warriors from that region who would make a name for themselves, but that was a minority.

Each of the plots allow you to make a character that is both original, and end up in separate dilemmas pertaining to their personality. Looking forward to your character sheet once we have our group together. :-)

A/As (Updated 1/30)

CShades

I'm waiting for the character sheets to have a better idea of what we are going for.

Also: freeform or system?

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Teke

Would she need to have been a warrior to come to the B.I.T.C.H. willingly?  Perhaps she is trying to enhance those negotiating skills by learning the arts of pleasure and of the Roman world and culture.  Maybe as a former noble in Egypt, she is trying to find her new place in the world.  That would have given her the means of traveling to Italy, and there she would have heard of it. But like you said, she'd be in the minority.
A&A

rocknrolla

Quote from: CShades on August 01, 2011, 07:56:22 PM
I'm waiting for the character sheets to have a better idea of what we are going for.

Also: freeform or system?

Freedom. Of course the rules apply how deaths are not allowed or any sort of permanent/extreme bodily injury including ones caused during punishment/training - that is unless expressly requested by the writer.

There are no hefty demands when it comes to a character sheet honestly; to give you (and everyone else) a basic idea, it would require the character's picture, character name, personality, brief history, aspirations, and the sort - hope that helps.

Also please bear in mind if you would like me to add a criteria or reckon something of note, please do not hesitate to pm me or add into the thread. Cheers!

A/As (Updated 1/30)

abandoneddolly

Teke

Current count shows that Rock is looking for 3 more Elites and 2 more Dissolutes.  Any idea what you'd like to be Dolly?
A&A

rocknrolla

Quote from: abandoneddolly on August 01, 2011, 09:30:28 PM
I m interested if theirs still room.

There absolutely is, abondoneddolly; either let us know here if you'd like to be an Elite or a Dissolute, for explanation of either please check the first post or pm me and I'll be happy to help. Cheers!

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Joy

I like the time frame, I was just asking as I've not done a lot with Roman times, so wanted to know what to google, etc.  I've come up with a time and character appropriate name, and started on some of the details for the character and finding a portrait for an androgynous roman is not so easy ;)

Quote from: Kokaine on August 01, 2011, 07:24:08 PM

Since this is right around cleopatra's time, perhaps a member of the royal household who hopes to find advantage by becoming a consort to a roman noble?  It would fit the relationship between rome and egypt at the time.  Similar to what Teke was suggesting.  Regardless of the backstory, the diversity will make this a lot more fun!

Keeper of the Lost Emoticons of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

abandoneddolly

rocknrolla

Quote from: abandoneddolly on August 02, 2011, 10:23:25 AM
I was thinking about being a Dissolute

Added you to the list, darling - welcome aboard. Waiting for a couple more able hands and then we can begin.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Teke

Any word on any more interested parties?  What about character sheet stuff?
A&A

Haloriel

This set up intrigues me, Rocknrolla.  I've never written anything for any of the Roman Periods, however, I have studied it, and read some detail.  If you are willing to take a new member to the site, I would happily attempt an Elite, if it pleases.  I merely would like to know what kind of Elite you are lacking at this point.  As you've a number of people, I would rather play a character archetype that is needed, rather than one you've several of already. 

When you are ready, I can either post or send you a possible Character Sheet/Study, or a writing sample, if you need it. :)  Do inform me of your preferences.

Teke

Thanks Haloriel!  Truth be told, I don't think we really know what kind of elites we really need yet.  As you can see from the thread, a few of us have shared ideas for our Dissolutes: Joy 's minor noble male needs to be transformed into an obedient female, we have Egyptian and Middle Eastern female dissolutes, but their exact needs are unknown, and then my own dissolute will be a strong and violent former gladiator, freshly bought and needing to be tamed and turned into a suitable toy for a Roman mistress. 

My own idea is definitely up for modification, but overall, I don't think we know a lot of what exactly would be expected of an elite.  Is there any part of being an elite that you really think you'd enjoy? 
A&A

rocknrolla

Lovely to make your acquaintance, Haloriel. We were all new members once, so its never a bother. :-)

Elites are expected to be teachers more than trainers - they are to be an example their Dissolute can follow, either that of manners, or discipline. All Dissolutes will come to the establishment with their own objectives - some wish to be a better wife, a better lover... others may have come to establish a stronger fortitude in life. There are many who are sold, or handed over as slaves to be broken down and returned to their Masters/Mistresses.

I have put you in me list of Elites, however I understand how the extremities are not everybody's cup of tea, so once we have the character sheets for everyone, the Elites will then gather and distribute the Dissolutes amongst them with what seems best suited to their traits. I'll be doing a follow on post about the character sheets shortly.

Edit: I hope this clears any doubt for you too, Teke. :-)

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Joy

Welcome Haloriel!  I'm fairly new to E to, so glad to have some company.

Rock set this up and he may have other PM's, but as Teke said the field is wide open.  I read your O/O's and had a vague idea that may give you better ones.  There will be a need for Elites that teach the finer things in life, Greek, Philosophy, Patrician Comportment, even Poetry?  You're char may want to stay above the ugliness of breaking the slaves and the dungeons ;)

Mostly Teke had it right, if there's an aspect of Elite that appeals to you just post the idea.  I'd rather have you participate with a character you really enjoy, we'll all have more fun that way.  It's not like we've started yet, so there's really no established story you need to fit into.

Keeper of the Lost Emoticons of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Teke

Doubt?  I never had any doubt, just desire to see more elites come to get this started, I'm excited!  Thanks for the further information though Rock!
A&A

rocknrolla

Quote from: Teke on August 03, 2011, 06:14:33 AM
Doubt?  I never had any doubt, just desire to see more elites come to get this started, I'm excited!  Thanks for the further information though Rock!

And I never questioned your resolve, my friend. Just wanted to clarify a bit about the Elites. :-)

We are good to go! Check the first post about your character sheets!

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Haloriel

That is a thought, poetry. :D I've sent over my character sheet already just to update folks.  This should be quite a lot of fun!  I'm really looking forward to this roleplay.  Thanks everyone for the welcome.

--Haloriel

rocknrolla

Quote from: Haloriel on August 04, 2011, 07:33:54 AM
That is a thought, poetry. :D I've sent over my character sheet already just to update folks.  This should be quite a lot of fun!  I'm really looking forward to this roleplay.  Thanks everyone for the welcome.

--Haloriel

You're very welcome, Haloriel - should you wish, feel free to join the OOC for the general natter, banter and tips on how Justin Bieber can best Rome's finest gladiators.

A/As (Updated 1/30)