The New Avatar

Started by Dray, March 20, 2010, 11:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

This would be a spin off from the series of Avatar: The Last Airbender, though with original characters, concepts, and our own little plots/story lines, twists and what not.  It keeps the same idea that the world is at war once again, years after the peace brought on by Aang the world prospered.  Though in the last stages of his life he faced an old, powerful Azula who once again sparked the Fire Nation into war as the Fire King Zuko fell ill and died.  Years later Aang passed away and so did Azula, leaving the war to the next generation.  Years passed and finally the Avatar of the water nation was recognized.  Though through training he soon fell as well to the war, not being able to complete the elements as there was no one to teach him the mastery of Air Bending.  It is the goal of the Fire Nation, being lead by descendants of Azula, was to destroy every Avatar until the next Avatar was born into the Fire Nation in which case they could harness and warp the power of that child and use it for their own selfish reasons...thus turning the avatar into a mass weapon of destruction.

The only thing that stood in their way now was 16 years later the Earth Nation Avatar was discovered, a boy by the name of Takashi.  The Fire Nation needs to get to him and kill him, then wait another sixteen years for themselves.  However, of course this new Avatar would be heavily cared for and protected and assigned to masters right away.

This is when the females come in, I was thinking at least 2 females, aging from 18 to 30 will play the parts of the masters that teach Takashi Fire Bending, Water Bending, or even weapon mastery and what not.  They would be presented and meet this avatar at the age of 18 when he is ready after mastering Earth bending completely as well as the sill of the earth Nations fighting style.  He would of course have been a key role in a few battles to ward off the fire nation.  Now that the Fire Nation realized the resistance of the earth Nation they had retreated back a bit to gather up their strength, resources, and plan their next step.

So Takashi and his the female sensei would travel from place to place between the earth and Water nation to train as war as take place in certain key battles, missions, quests and other things.  They would also visit the old air temples to try and get a grasp on air bending as Takashi realizes that with only Earth, Water, and Fire in his arsenal he will need the help of the entire world and anything else he can get in order to stop this war.  Technology and weapons have changed dramatically over the past century and a half.

So there would be action and adventure in this, some political vies and discussions in the terms of war, planning, plotting, things like that.  There would also be a romance, which is kind of why I would need bisexual females.  A relationship of passion being formed between the avatar and his bending masters in privacy, behind doors and away from the war.  They would become close and good friends, open with each other, then forming into something more between them.  What twists and turns it also takes depends on who is interested and what you are looking for.

PM me or drop a line here.  I am always open for discussion for ideas, questions, suggestions, anything.

Carlissa

Ahh! I would have loved to join this RP, but I’m not a big fan of the female partner being older than the male…maybe if two females are interested, I could join as just a random girl?...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Dray

Well yea we could have other roles besides sensei and what not.  I mean you could just play a teenage girl who is his friend that travels to help learn with him...kind of like the role Katara played an what not.  Also I tend to role play Takashi at the age of 18 in this, that is where it will start out and everything to give you an idea for age.  So already have known he was the avatar for two years now and has mastered Earth Bending and what not.

sinoraa

I'd like to apply as Fire bending, teacher if that ones free?

Switched to water bender

Carlissa

I guess that works with me.

Would PREGNANCY be a problem? ^^
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Dray

Sure fire bending teacher works

I have no problem with pregnancy.

Tydorei

Hmm... you think I can be one of the earth benders that instructed Takashi, fought battles alongside him, and decided to stay with him until he mastered the other elements? A bodygaurd of sorts. (Female of course.)

Dray

Now that Sinorra is switching to the Water Bending Teacher, did you want to be the Fire Bender, Tydorei?

Tydorei

Sure, I can be the fire bender if no one else wanted to join.

sinoraa

Is this going to happen?

Wolfy

<_< I'd be a male Airbending Teacher/person that follows along....if this is going to happen.

Carlissa

That isn't allowed, honey. All the air-benders are dead...Unless you are a non-bender that knows the style...

Quote from: Wolfy on March 26, 2010, 07:22:05 PM
<_< I'd be a male Airbending Teacher/person that follows along....if this is going to happen.

Wolfy

Quote from: Carlissa on March 27, 2010, 11:42:00 AM
That isn't allowed, honey. All the air-benders are dead...Unless you are a non-bender that knows the style...

Well, the only way for him to Learn Air Bending is from someone who knows how to do it..lol.

sinoraa

Perhaps a monk-like character who learned the basics from Aang? Lets not forget all bending is based around basic martial arts, perhaps he could know martial arts, based around air bending?

Dray

Well that was the point of the story...the fact that the Avatar could not learn Air Bending because of the broken chain, thus relying more heavily on the other elements as well as the Avatar State and the other nations for support.  Then of course he would be the last hope to end the war as he is the Avatar from the Earth Nation.  If he dies then the next Avatar will be born into the Fire Nation in which case they can use against the other nations, then when the Fire Nation Avatar died there would be no Air Bending nation to be born into, thus the Avatar would cease to exist.

The Alchemist

Unless, perhaps, the "energy bending" technique that Aang learned in the finale could be used to give someone bending abilities (as opposed to taking them away), allowing Aang to bring airbending back to the world.

Just a thought, of course.