Name That Song

Started by Ariabella, June 26, 2006, 07:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirliel

Dammit you beat me too it! :P
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Elvi

Awwwwwww....come on Lirliel, if I hadn't got that I would never have lived it down would I?

OOPS......

Need to give another don't I?

Try this one,

But both girl and boy were glad
'Cause one kid had it worse than that

Middle of the song again, because it may be really easy to some.....
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Lirliel

MMmmmm etc. - Crash Test Dummies

Just so happened to have been listening to that, CD I got from the neighbour ;)

Alright here's mine:

*should be a snap for you elvi*

Sah ein Mädchen ein Röslein stehen
Blühte dort in lichten Höhen
Sprach sie ihren Liebsten an
ob er es ihr steigen kann

Sie will es und so ist es fein
So war es und so wird es immer sein
Sie will es und so ist es Brauch
Was sie will bekommt sie auch
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Elvi

*Eyes go crossed as she attempts translation in her head 'cos she doesn't want to cheat.*

Well......not quite a snap......think I know the author....now have to try and get the song out of my heat beffudled brain.

Tigre is into classical, she may get it?

Lirliel

It's not... yeah, the author is pretty much known anywhere in Europe ;)
The song is from there latest album (should narrow it down)

Elvi

*rolls eyes*

But but........it sounds like Brahms and now you is saying that it is them there goff industrial gezzers aren't you?

Lirliel

Hmmm... alright hint (if you've seen the video)

There is quite a lot of blood in it ;)

Elvi

Now that is creepy.....
I was just singing along to Rosenrot, on my other pc's randomiser, when the I realised I had just sung the damned quotation.

My head does ache now.....they are in league with the devil y'know...they are..... 

Lirliel

Jup it's Rosenrot indeed :P

Now common post another piece of lyrics!

Elvi

Now he's moving up onto second base
Behind Nicholas Van wotsisface
At six foot six and a hundred tons
The undisputed king of the slums

A harder one for you

Not sure how well known this UK band is over the other side of the pond though.

Lirliel

Vandren

Well, I figured it out, but I suppose using Google to do so is cheating, so I'll remain silent.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elvi

*lol*
Yes it is......thats why I refused to answer yours.

Would you have had any idea Vandren?
Ever heard of them?

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on July 02, 2006, 01:28:48 PM
*lol*
Yes it is......thats why I refused to answer yours.

Would you have had any idea Vandren?
Ever heard of them?

Nope, though I found out two groups recorded it.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elvi

Well I was talking of the origional and I'll give it because I think it may just be too random for you over there, even though they do have quite a following in the states.

Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine - Sheriff Fatman

Vandren, I can't find a reference to it being recorded by anyone else, whats the name of the band?

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on July 02, 2006, 02:05:04 PM
Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine - Sheriff Fatman

Vandren, I can't find a reference to it being recorded by anyone else, whats the name of the band?

Actually, that's the only band name I found.  Though the reference said it was a second (1991), but they may have "misspoke" and meant rerecording instead of cover.

Elvi

*nods*

It was recorded, then re recorded by Carter and released again for it to be a hit.

strangely made

This hasn't been posted on for ages, so I thought I put one up and see if any one gets it.

This is a list of malformations
But it would cost one hundred dollars for alterations
We all know that the pressed leather is in
But you can't keep warm in the winter in December in the city when it's 32 degrees below zero
with a safety pin!

Becky

Since october noone has figured that out eh? Darn, I wanna quote songs, alas, I have no idea about that one.

Lirliel

Please awake
And see the truth
He can only be
If you believe what he tells you
Remember who you are
What you stand for
And there will always be a way

From my Favourite band! :D

Becky

Within Temptation: Deceiver of Fools

Becky

Assuming I am right (And I am pretty sure I am since I was just listening to the song)

They suck the fat from your hips
And put it into your lips
Now your ass is in your mouth
And you can't stop talkin' shit

(First song that came to mind hehe)

Ariabella

Oh! The Britney Spears Theme!

heehehehehee
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Lirliel

I have no clue Becky, as for the WT, that one was correct.

Becky

Because that was just a dorky one on my part

Hilltop Hoods: Sojourn

But now for realz

I'm not sure what's worse
The waiting or the waiting room
"You're next sir" becomes a cruel taunt to you
recycled air, the smell of sleep and disinfectant
Your God is a two door elevator