News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Funny warnings on products

Started by Thesunmaid, June 21, 2014, 04:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesunmaid

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. I have thoroughly enjoyed the features and even though it was a bit heavier than I expected it to be no complaints. But....the user guide with its warnings. its starting to make me wonder if I should be using the thing in anything but a hermetically sealed room in a hazmat suit.. These warnings sort of make me wonder if i bought a tablet or a weapon of mass destruction..

Now some of them make sense. such as Do not use power cords or plugs  that are loose or damaged,do not pull the charger out by the cord or do not drop and try to avoid using harsh solvents on the screen.

And yes these things are in the quick start safety info.

Do not damage the power cord...this to me seems to be sort of common sense and does not need to be in a safety info booklet.

Do not use your device outdoors during a thunderstorm...because that's what I always do during a thunder and lightning storm in a torrential downpour...play angry birds or check my email.

Do not store your device near(this is not the part that makes me raise my eye brows...near is one thing..) Or in(in? really inside...) heaters,microwaves,hot cooking equipment or high pressure containers...dammit! but I wanted to keep it in my microwave which is also where I put my pressure cooker.

This one made me stare a moment..Do not bite or suck the device...seriously? You need to be told this...biting your nails or pens or pencils...fine...but if your oral fixation extends to gnawing on your tablet...seek help.

This one also made me wonder..Do not insert this device or supplied accessories into eyes,ears or mouth...So....other orifices are OK apparently? Or someone was trying to recharge their heads? Why would you try to plug yourself into it or shove anything into your eyes ear or mouth that came with a tablet?

Turn off the device in potentially explosive environments....I...am not actually sure what this would cover....don't use around dynamite? don't use in an oxygen chamber? Please elaborate.Do not use around wile E coyote?

If you notice strange smells or sounds coming from your device,or if you see smoke or liquids coming from your device stop using device immediately and take it to a Samsung service center.....Right...so...wait !what? strange smells...or liquids.....I am thinking the way that sounds I will be getting a young priest and an old priest not a Samsung tech.

Keep your device dry....aww....but the screen is dirty..what do you mean I can't run it through the dish washer..you told me I could clean it .(yes I have actually had this call when I did tech support and then did not understand why it would not work later...no idea how this woman did not electrocute herself when she plugged it in..Or how she remembers to breathe..)

Use caution when using the device while walking or moving...right....this is also common sense...when you are walking..look where your walking...stop looking at your phone..tablet or anything else in your hand.

Do not use the device for anything but its intended use....now this...leaves it nice and wide open...what exactly is Samsung thinking I want to use it for? You know other than apparently chewing on it or storing it in my pressure cooker.

Also makes my head hurt they seem to feel the need to tell people do not use while driving...but that's another angry rant all together.But still a good idea even though this should just be common sense.

I have also seen a stroller that said Remove child before folding...you need to be told this?!

Also once and this is probably one of the oddest I ever saw...it was on a box of hair color..do not use as an ice cream topping. Because what is it every one who dyes their hair do when they are bleaching? Make a sundae of course and think hey...wonder what this tastes like?

So anyone have anything else they wanna share? I mean I realize that companies need to warn people of things...but...have they really been sued because someone thought hair dye and ice cream was a good combo or that they chewed on their tablet and it stopped working?

So anyone else have a stupid warning on a product they would like to share?
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Beorning

Well, it's just like you said: many of these warnings originate in past lawsuits...

I once heard a story of a woman who sued a company producing microwave ovens. The reason? She claimed that the company didn't warn her that you shouldn't... get this... try to dry your cat by heating it up in an oven (shudder). And, apparently, the woman *won*.

So, the companies tend to put all kinds of warnings into the operating instructions. Just in case someone really turns to be immensely stupid.

Blythe

I saw this one floating around.

I've always wondered the origin of any warning that tells people not to use batteries as toothpaste. I just need to know why it needs to be said at all; I felt it was obvious....but I must assume someone has proved me wrong.  >_<

KitsuneKisses

I once had a cold, and was taking some over the counter cold medicine After about three weeks I started to wounder why I was not getting better. Then I read the label and I am not joking.

Warning: May cause Cold like symptoms.

MiraMirror

I always laugh when I see things like those Orelda 4-minute fries, and there's the obligatory warning...

"Caution: Fries may be hot upon removal from the microwave."

Well...yeah, isn't that the point?...
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

GermanCake

Not exactly a warning, but I still think it deserves a spot here.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas