Return of the Wolf: Game Thread - VAMPIRES WIN!

Started by Galactic Druid, April 06, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

The village had made their decision. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to pan out as planned. Rafiki had been a Villager all along. Once again, the village headed off to their homes, nervous for what the coming night may bring.

The Night Phase Has Begun!
As always , the next day phase will begin as soon as I have replies to the night PMs.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

Once again, the village didn't make it all the way through the night. Halfway though, a piercing howl woke the village, and once more, a werewolf lay dead in the square. When morning eventually came, a thorough search of the remaining homes determined SunshineSparkle was the wolf corpse that littered the village streets. They could rest a little easier, perhaps, but things were far from over.

Day 9 Has Begun!
From here on out, rounds are going to have a time limit. After 76 hours, Thursday Evening , collected votes will be tallied. Please have them in by then!

Players

• Remiel
  • Blythe
  • James M
  • Silver
  • Moirae
  • persephone325
  • SunshineSparkle
  • yugi006
  • Leorobin
  • BAMF
  • Verasaille
  • LunaLilith22
  • Madame Professor
  • KatKwik
  • Strangefate
  • Queenie
  • Rafiki23
  • Lady Lunarius
  • EmyKat
  • AffablyEvil
  • Ceralilly

Potential roles remaining.

• 0-1 Werewolf players
  • 1 Vampire
  • The Seer
  • The Bodyguard
  • The Priest
  • The Shaman
  • The Diseased Villager
  • The Lycan
  • 2-3 Villagers

Strangefate

“I’m not sure I understand this result.  I thought you said we were down to just one vampire AffablyEvil?  Did you block any attacks last night?  It also seems a little strange that you weren’t targeted.  I thought for sure you would be since you claimed you’re the bodyguard.”
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

AffablyEvil

"I have the ability to protect myself and decided to do exactly that this round in fear for my own life. However, I could've sworn there would only be one vampire left. When I protect Kat, it seemed logical there only would be one vampire left because if there was a werewolf, what was she doing that night? I'm confused... And honestly this is unfortunate for me because this makes me look like a fool. I just cannot fathom logically why a werewolf would not be attacking us when she was here all along."
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

KatKwik

Unless the Werewolf killed A villager who was diseased? So it looks like villagers have been turned and the vampire is weeding them out.

So it's a case of villages make your claim. With so few left there's nothing to lose.

She casts her vote and goes with Lerobin

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

AffablyEvil

"Is it possible she was some kind of Lycan? Appearing to be a werewolf when she really were on our side? I don't even know anymore. We are running out of options here, and with the werewolves suddenly being mentioned, we can't be sure there's not more of them left. This is all so chaotic..."
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

EmyKat

"I really don't know anymore, we're so few in number I don't feel that there's much left to do. Does Kat have any say in what to do now? She is our sheriff after all, and at this point if we don't trust her, who do we trust?" Emy said softly, sitting on a bench near the others, her eyes tearing up a bit, but she fought back the tears.
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629

Zelric Miras

"Me? A monster of those? Nah, I don't have the mettle to go around spilling blood. What about you Strangefate? What did you do last night?" He had a gut feeling about him, and it wasn't due to being the target of an accusation. He was decided to follow his instinct this time and see where it took him.

Strangefate

“What’s your argument against me Leorobin?  I’d be glad to explain any of my votes or actions.  I tried to do that every round actually.  Is this a random accusation because I’m the only other one you think you might be able to get hung and save yourself?  Your gut feeling about me certainly seems to be a sudden thing never mentioned previously.  It doesn’t particularly matter if I get killed but we only have about two more lynchings to get this right.  It would make sense for the vampire to just randomly pick someone to try to escape a hanging though, now that time is running out on this round.  Plus you’ve been extremely quiet, never really venturing a theory about anyone or risking drawing attention to yourself, usually just voting with the majority, probably a smart tactic for a vampire.  I honestly overlooked you as a suspect but you might actually be the right choice after all.  It seems like you’ve mostly been concerned with surviving and going unnoticed.  So I guess I vote Leorobin.” 
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

AffablyEvil

"So it seems we have the vote boiled down to a choice between Leorobin and Strangefate at the moment..." Evil said and sighed deeply. "I must admit my gut goes with Strangefate, but the rational part of my brain cannot make it fit. I fee las if I know too little, and Leorobin jumping to conclusions IS suspicious even though I must admit I almost drew the same conclusion myself. That said, due to how Strangefate had the manners to question me and believe me about the events of tonight instead of jumping to have my name on the gallows, I must say I side with him and vote for Leorobin."

Galactic Druid

That's everyone, but I'll give you until this afternoon's deadline to make any changed you may want to. After work, I'll make the announcements.

EmyKat

EmyKat sighed and shrugged. "I suppose majority rules. Sorry Leorobin you must be lynched."
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~

Galactic Druid

The village had made their decision. Leorobin was lead to the gallows, where his hanging had little to reveal. Once again, the person hanging from the rope appeared to be a villager. Once again, they went back to their homes, fearing the worst.

Night 9 Has Begun!
As always, the next day will start as soon as I have the night PMs.

Galactic Druid

It was likely quite the relief to the 4 remaining villagers that they awoke to find there was no kill the previous night. It hardly shook the feeling, however, that there was something still prowling amongst them, but at the very least, those that remained had a fighting chance.

Day 10 Has Begun!
From here on out, rounds are going to have a time limit. After 80 hours, Tuesday Evening , collected votes will be tallied. Please have them in by then!

Players

• Remiel
  • Blythe
  • James M
  • Silver
  • Moirae
  • persephone325
  • SunshineSparkle
  • yugi006
  • Leorobin
  • BAMF
  • Verasaille
  • LunaLilith22
  • Madame Professor
  • KatKwik
  • Strangefate
  • Queenie
  • Rafiki23
  • Lady Lunarius
  • EmyKat
  • AffablyEvil
  • Ceralilly

Potential roles remaining.

• 0-1 Werewolf players
  • 1 Vampire
  • The Seer
  • The Bodyguard
  • The Priest
  • The Shaman
  • The Diseased Villager
  • The Lycan
  • 1-2 Villagers

AffablyEvil

So to my deep surprise, I protected EmyKat tonight and she actually survived. So that rules out two people for the role of werewolf. With only four of us being left, that leaves who the last person is as pretty obvious, in my opinion.

Strangefate

“Well…  I guess there’s only one person I can name now.  I feel kind of foolish for not making the argument sooner actually.  I’d been suspicious of her for a while but I decided to back off when AffablyEvil argued there was only one monster left and she’d protected KatKwik from it.”

“We now know there were two monsters though.  What must have happened is the werewolf attacked KatKwik and was blocked by AffablyEvil.  KatKwik, as the vampire, had eaten the diseased villager and was unable to attack anyone.  The rest of it then makes quite a bit of sense after that.  I had wondered why both monsters didn’t attack AffablyEvil when she revealed she was the bodyguard but it makes sense she wouldn’t.  AffablyEvil had been defending KatKwik IC so why kill an ally?  She also knew AffablyEvil, believing she was a villager, wasn’t going to hang her.   So it was smarter to go after someone else.  That’s probably why I’ve lived this long as well.  I believed AffablyEvil so KatKwik knew I wasn’t likely to vote for her either.  Better to kill Leorobin who had voted to lynch her in the past.”

“That’s my guess anyways.  AffablyEvil could be the vampire and lying about being the bodyguard.  The werewolf still wouldn’t have been able to kill her because vampires can’t die in the night phase.  She went after Remiel pretty hard though, whereas KatKwik defended him and ultimately voted not to lynch him.   Plus nobody dying last night means the bodyguard must have protected somebody.  If it was KatKwik again, please say, as then I'd have to be wrong about all this.  Otherwise she just makes more sense to me and I shouldn’t have been so cautious.  I should have made the argument for her earlier and risked getting lynched or killed in the night phase.  I still wasn’t sure, AffablyEvil defending her confused me, but now that it’s just the four of us I’m pretty confident.  If EmyKat is the vampire then she’s played a very deceptive game. I vote lynch KatKwik.”
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

KatKwik

Well there seemed a case being made against her for the villain of this piece. She had always been a villager, so anyone suggesting she was Vampire or Wolf must be deflecting. As the Sheriff she had tried to keep the town safe but this was getting harder as their numbers were dwindling.

The questions she had were that it was possible that EmmyKat is the vampire and can't be killed in the night phase. Does Evil as the bodyguard know if an attempt was made on EmmyKat?

The other option is that Evil has been the vampire all along and not the bodyguard?

Finally Strangefate's defence is that of a desperate man to deflect his guilt onto others?

As sheriff she would decide on her vote once she got an answer from Evil about EmmyKat.

AffablyEvil

"I vote Strangefate, as I think there is only one vampire and it doesn't make sense for anyone else to be a vampire since the others don't know who I am protecting."

KatKwik

As the bodyguard was an attempt made on EmmyKat?

If not is EmmyKat a Wolf who attempted to attack the vampire, hence no kill?

AffablyEvil

I protected EmyKat and nobody died, which means either that EmyKat is either a werewolf attacked the vampire and the vampire attacked Emy, or that the vampire attacked Emy and she got helped by me and she didn't attack anyone at all, or that the werewolf attacked Emy and Emy did not kill anyone tonight. However, given that I have defended both you (KatKwik) and Emy and on the nights I did nobody died, it hints to me that there is only one active bad guy, and since I know I am innocent and you two are both innocent, that leaves only one person in this circle I do not trust.

KatKwik

It seems lynching Strangefate is the way to go for now.

Strangefate

“Well, that’s all I have.  I can’t make a stronger argument then I did.  If AffablyEvil protected EmyKat last night then I’m positive it’s KatKwik.   And that makes sense too.  AffablyEvil already voiced suspicion of me so KatKwik probably figured she’d lynch me this round easy.  It would have been harder for her to convince AffablyEvil to lynch EmyKat out of the blue.  Basically, AffablyEvil, you’re going by the fact you protected her in a round where there were probably two monsters still alive (SunshineSparkle and KatKwik) and you thought there was only one.  Looking back, the person killed the night previous to that was a special villager, Silver.  She could have easily been the diseased villager, preventing KatKwik from killing anyone.  Which means it hardly guarantees she's innocent like you seem to think.  You've provided excellent cover for her though.  I would have named her earlier otherwise and Leorobin probably would have as well. 

"And If I was the vampire why didn't I try to kill you?  KatKwik not doing so makes sense because you've been defending her and declaring her innocence -- I would have had no reason not to target you.” 

“But if you decide to hang me anyways, then I hope you get lucky and block her in the night phase again.  That way you’ll have one more round and an obvious choice.   I suspect that’s why she was trying to cast suspicion on EmyKat right now.  In case it comes down to another lynching.   If you don’t get lucky then the villagers lose the game, plain and simple.  Obviously I hope you and EmyKat vote to hang KatKwik.  Not to save myself but because I’d like us not to lose.  If it’s a tie, she’ll break it in her favor as sheriff, so make a clear choice either way." 

"I hope you at least consider your vote over the next few hours.  It may be the last one cast and a lot of mistakes have been made this game by jumping to rash conclusions on little to no evidence.  I've laid out my argument and I think it's logical, whereas I think going by who you protected in a round with two monsters left and a special villager killed the previous night is flawed.  At least look over the last few rounds and our voting patterns and arguments, and consider things.  This is very likely our last chance to save the village."
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

AffablyEvil

... You make an uncomfortably good point. But this could be you sharing blame... Gah. Its so hard to tell. I retract my vote for Strangefate. I wish to hear what EmyKat has to say about this first before I make any more decisions.

EmyKat

"I have been trying to follow the logic of everything happening," EmyKat said softly, not knowing what to think anymore. "I feel like AffablyEvil is truly the bodyguard, otherwise the real bodyguard would have spoken up about being such. Which would have caused a conflict and so on. As for Kat and Strange, I am not really sure what to think. Affably did guard Kat for that one night, and if I remember correctly was attacked. As for Strange, you haven't really said a whole lot until now, then again neither have I. Which doesn't really make me as suspicious of you, at the same time I feel like you might be hiding something. I know I am a villager but with so few left I feel that it is up to us to work together to figure out who is the bad guy is. I am really conflicted and hope that Affably can help me in deciding what action to take. At first I wanted to vote to lynch Strange, but seeing her argument I don't know anymore." Looking down shyly she sat on a bench by the others and thought about what to do.

EmyKat

"I will finalize my vote to lynching Strangefate. It is nothing personal against you... I just trusted KatKwik so far since Yugi was wrongfully hung. So I will stand by her still."