Lockdown! (LF a m/m oriented switch/sub male, but also accepting others!)

Started by Roen, May 08, 2013, 08:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

'Looking back, it doesn't seem like much. To us, though, high school was everything.
In no other period of your life, do you allow yourself to indulge so intensely in anything and everything this miserable world has to offer. You hate passionately, you love relentlessly, your agony is of the most sincere form, when you're happy- you're thrilled and when you're wicked- people are going to suffer. Why is that, then, that people are so shocked every time something extraordinary happens within the walls of these pseudo-educational institutions? Teacher-student affairs, secretive cults, the random gang-rape and, yeah, the shooting sprees. To be perfectly honest, at my worst high school days, I can imagine myself having grabbed a gun and going out there for some live-targets practice.
Some say it's overrated, some say it's only four years of your life- and then it's done. To us, though, it seemed like a lifetime. We barely even survived.

Fucking high school.'

^Just to set the tone to better fit the RP.

Right, this is LOCKDOWN, my running survivor horror high-school group game. It revolves around a group of recently graduated high-school students, being locked inside their school come prom night. As you can see by the IC and OOC thread, it's already in its advanced preliminary stage, where the horror aspect of the RP has revealed itself, being quite successful, if I may say so myself, but it is nowhere near its peak (we're just getting started! Long way to go). The concept is all about the various ties, intense relationships and interactions developed on the high-school scene, and how they change and evolve/devolve in situations of intense terror, necessity and the race for survival. Add to that is the action of battle scenes and puzzle solving, for those that might seek them. No one dies in this game unless they want to/leave, by the way, pretty important to mention. Mostly it's running smoothly, problem is- I've lost my character's designated romantic interest :/

Caehlim, my brilliant co-GM, has gone MIA, and as much as I love GMing this game for the rest of my gang, I need my happy fun inter-characters relationship too!
I'll tell you a little bit about my character, Brad. As the name might suggest, I've taken to the blonde, athletic, machoistic, aggressive, passionate, antagonistic and slightly dimwitted alpha jock cliché- star quarterback, boyfriend to the captain of the cheerleaders, main tormentor of many weaklings around the high school corridors and secretly gay :) He can be a jerk, but also a great source of amusement(see the end of the same post) and comedy (and also, a sworn southerner).

What I'm looking for in his partner is someone with a personality that would best complete his, even if conflicting his at first, in a way that would make it highly unlikely for them to connect under any other circumstances. For instance, the player that has gone missing (Caehlim) played a nerd, and his most favorite victim, which he was actually pranking as the game started and ended up protecting when harm threatened to rain down on them. So- I wouldn't necessarily want another nerd, though it is possible, but it has to be someone that would clash with Brad's personality nicely. Also, I'd prefer your character to be a sub/switch, but if you want to make it into a power struggle between two alpha males, that's possible as well. As long as it's interesting and dynamic, I'm easy going.

Now, if you're feeling discouraged by how much you'd need to read, fear not! We can sort something out, I'll help you with the catching up and find a creative way to introduce your character to the game, that won't be a problem. All I need from you is the interest and the will!

Edit:
Here is the format for the character sheet. If you're interested, send it to me via PMs only, please.

[u][b]Name:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Age:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Gender[/b][/u]:

[u][b]Sexual Orientation:[/b][/u]
[u][b]D/S:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Appearance:[/b][/u] *a picture, description is only necessary if the image isn't accurate*

[u][b]Clique:[/b][/u] *popular-jock/nerd/outcast/art geek etc*

[u][b]Subjects[/b][/u]: *three most favorite subject/choice classes in school*

[u][b]Personality:[/b][/u]

[u][b]On's[/b][/u]:
[u][b]Off's:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Fears:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Other:[/b][/u] *Whatever else you might want to add, like background and added information*

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

SeraphBlade07

I am very interested in this idea. I've always wanted to try a survivor rp. I'd be interested in playing the submissive to Brad to fill in for
Caehlim.

Roen

Thank you so much for taking interest, Seraph! I'm curious about the character you're gonna come up with! Just PM it to me, if you have any questions, just ask :) Since chemistry and interaction are very important to me and I want to find the player and character that would be "just right", I'm not gonna base my decision on the 'First come first served' system, characters' dynamic is crucial to this game :)

-Nathan Alterman.

kingmaster1

hopefully this position gets filled soon, roen needs a new boy toy >.>

Roen

-Nathan Alterman.

Lockepick

I'm always interested in playing a switch/sub male in a group game. Brad seems exactly like the kind of guy I love playing opposite.

As for a character, I was thinking maybe somebody a little more 'alternative.' Dark clothes, piercings, eccentric haircut. Somebody who rebels against authority just for their attention. Somebody who pushes boundaries because they crave them.

As for how he got there: He could easily be at prom, of course, but more likely is that maybe his band was playing the reception. Or maybe they were supposed to and didn't show up.

Let me know if you have any other questions to help your selection process, or if you want to work out any specific details. Then I can submit a full character sheet. Thanks for your time! 
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Roen

I've added the format for the Lockdown character sheet.
I appreciate all that have expressed their interest, all seems very nice so far. I haven't made up my mind yet, I am still accepting and searching for more applicants, so if anyone else wants in- please let me know (: I might actually accept additional players for the game, and not just for that particular position, since I am short on characters at the moment.

-Nathan Alterman.