Slime time?

Started by dready, March 26, 2009, 05:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dready

if you couldn't guess the theme for this rp by the title of it, you can just assume that I am in the mood to play or be partnered with someone who knows how to play a slime. if you are new to the slime scene, or don't know much about it and/or are curious about the happenings of the large amoeba species, don't fear. i'll inform yah on the type that i prefer to play, which is as close to basic as you can get without being microscopic in size. ^-^ i'll drop yah a pm if you tag me via pm or forums in here. :3 i also tend to run around on the chat provided by the site, so you'll be seeing me there as well if you don't feel like having to wait for me to reply each time.

i feel like i've forgotten something... oh, this selection of rp(s) will be unique since i enjoy tailoring a storyline according to each person who is in it, and no one who's been in a slime rp with me has complained of anything besides small mistakes in puncuation. ^^

Oniya

http://www.macguff.fr/goomi/unspeakable/vault37.html ?

I'm not sure I could play this competently, but you have piqued my curiosity about what's involved. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

dready

Oniya

Only humor was intended with the Vault of DOOM link. ;)  I don't know if you've ever played the game Monster Rancher, but she reminds me of one of the possible breeds of pixies from that game (I think they called it a Nagila, but that might have just been the name on my save file.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Arlyn

Nagisa... A Jell/Plant hybrid.  Sorry, that's one of my favorite game series, so I happen to remember the name of the species.

Sorry for the interrupt.

dready

i have played the (what, two?) monster rancher games for the playstation, but didn't get that far since i switched over to digimon and got addicted for about a month. >.<

and information is welcome here, as long as it's not covered in flame. :3

Oniya

I only played the first one, and it was mostly for the sake of going through my CD collection and seeing what was 'hiding' there.  ::)

But back to the RP idea - now that I've gotten my head around the concept better.

I'm assuming that a slime can choose to change shape, but uses the humanoid form for some measure of convenience in interaction?  Perhaps imitating what is seen as 'attractive' to get a better reaction out of those strange solid folks?

dready

indeed, though there is an average set for the slime that i know of and enjoy playing: color set.

red- burned by fire normally instead of evaporating like the others, can also maintain controll in heated environments.
blue- will not die when in a large amount of water, can maintain controll in water and grows faster than the rest.
green- digests/disolves matter the fastest, can also 'spit' it's own filler liquid that can stick like glue or burn like acid, grows the slowest and is killed the fastest when in large amounts of water.
grey- has a membrane that allows it perfect control over their physical shape, can only grow with the absorption of DNA.
white- cannot be frozen, maintains control in lower temperatures, can paralyze creatures, slowest digestion/disolving abilities.
purple- has the most brain cells, can poison creatures through contact, most maleable and elastic than the rest.
yellow- photosynthesis enabled, doesn't dry out in the sun, maintains control in heated environments.

there's more but i can't remember them.

Oniya

You have my science geek excited now.   8-)  Would they be interacting with solid creatures, or among each other?  I can see some possibilities with learning to communicate and learning each other's weaknesses

dready

the slimes i play tend to be more solid-dependant, and will act as a mutualism being where they keep hygiene and sterility up, also act as pleasure providers in exchange for DNA. :3

Oniya

*nods*  I can see that - probably overlooked by most people the same way janitors tend to be.  Of course, then someone takes the time to get to know one...

dready

*nods back* indeed. my slimes tend to be a declining dominant at first since they don't know of boundaries until later, so they'll be rather submissive once a relationship is established.

Max

"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

dready

it can be arranged mr. max. ^^ what sort of rp shall i mark yah down for? :3

Marlow

Sounds fun. I'd be interested as well, if you were willing to add another solid/slime.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

dready

so a group rp or someone plays as a double?

Oniya

If you don't mind a 'willing novice' at this sort of scenario, I wouldn't mind taking up the challenge.  I've run a couple of shapeshifters over the years, so the fluidity wouldn't be a problem, and I tend to take learning curves well in stride.  (Or I can play a solid getting involved with a slime for the first time - whatever works well.)

dready

i'm alright with the three pieces of information, though i prefer solid+slime since i'm rather new to any slime+slime happenings. >.>

Oniya

I wasn't sure if it was going to be a group where balance was needed. :)  I've seen a few posted that add people in pairs just for that reason.

dready

wait... please explain?

Oniya

Possibly confusion on my part - it looked like you had a potential need for a fourth player, and I was offering.

dready

oh, well i can put that up. :3 at the moment i've got a single slime rp and i'm up for a few more, possibly a group rp added onto as well.