The Boundaries (A werewolf RP) - Now Recruiting!

Started by Charlotte Fox, August 28, 2013, 04:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julles

zenpai

can there be a werewolf who does not know there a werewolf.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Charlotte Fox

Quote from: zenpai on September 11, 2013, 09:45:34 AM
can there be a werewolf who does not know there a werewolf.

Hmmm. Maybe... I guess it would depend on how you explained why they don't know they're a werewolf. But so long as you can do that, I don't see why not.

You'd have to explain how they don't know about the change, don't notice waking up the next day in the forest naked, that sort of thing.

Charlotte Fox

Now officially recruiting for exiles. Once we have enough players for them an IC thread for the Boundaries will be put up. Then the exiles can post a bit before the pack members come looking for them. That'd also be when I'll introduce a few of the NPC's. Thank you!

Amelita

Woot! We have a great cast of pack members to play with ;)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

bubby

HHmm... possibly interested. You say the Pack will be seeking to bring Exile's in. Is this only for 'willing' Exile's? Anyone in the Pack possibly interested in taking on a not so willing to begin with Exile?

Amelita

If my boys found an exile they beleved in danger alone, for some reason, they might ... Oh... If she were unconscious they would bring her back and then she can be furious about it when she wakes up. Or were you thinking more non con something?

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Charlotte Fox

With my plans for the plot, I'm thinking that there will be possibility.

There might just be an outsider recruiting exiles for a pack of bitten; with plans to overthrow the Pack. Once the members get wind of that, the pressure would be on to get to the exiled first.

Also, given the nature of the turned, hard feelings towards the pack members would be expected. I mean, basically they've shunned the bitten for years just because they weren't  born the way they are. I imagine not too many of them are going to trust or like the idea of them suddenly recruiting.

Hope that helps.

bubby

Mm... a bit of non-con would be delish...  >:)

And I also like the 'planned overthrow' idea....

Me likey more and more!

Are we wanting more female exiles, or is there room for a gay male? I could do either. I just want to make sure and make a char that won't be set in a corner.

Charlotte Fox

We haven't had any exiles join up yet, though I believe there are two bi's who are pack members, so there should be room for a gay male or a female. It's up to you!

bubby

All righty! I'm off to work for the night, but I'll check in tomorrow, see what's up, and start planning a char. Next couple of days I should have one up!

Charlotte Fox

Added some more information on the exiled (I realized I haven't put much up there on them), also some stuff about the wolves - ie. allergies to silver, age, healing etc. And opened up a few more slots if anyone is interested in joining the pack as a pure looking to join in. Since we lost one of them.

Thanks!

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm interested in joining as a pure, I think. It might take me till tomorrow to get my sheet done though.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Kokaine

I'd be interested in making a Female Exile.

Or if you do open a second pack, a pure for that one.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

Appearance:

Name: Tyra O'Malley

Race: Pure

Sexuality: Bi (prefers men)

Pack Member: No

Pack Rank: N/A

Skill set: Hand-to-hand (kickboxing) fighting, acrobatics/gymnastics, mechanics, riding/driving/racing anything with an engine though she is partial to motorcycles and dirt bikes, dancing/singing (largely unknown and untrained), drawing/sketching, fluent in three languages (English, Irish, and Icelandic)

Character History: Born in Ireland as a twin, Tyra's pack was one with painfully high standards. Everything was about breeding and competition. The females of the pack were often sent to other packs in distant parts of the world to breed with their males before they would come back heavy with child. The children, from there, underwent a harsh childhood full of tests and competition, with the alpha's judging eyes watching on all the while. The weak were rooted out and eventually sent away or allowed to die if nature willed it, while the strong went on to withstand harsher and harsher tests.

Tyra, for her part, seemed to flourish under the pressure, and pushed her older brother to do the same. Mikael didn't take to things nearly as well as his sister, however, and when he was seven, he grew severely ill. Tyra begged their mother to send her brother back to Iceland in hopes their father would take care of him and save him, but the alpha forbid such interventions and Tyra was forced to watch her brother waste away and eventually succumb to his illness. His funeral was a rigid, formal thing and Tyra knew that day that no matter what the alpha decided regarding her fate in the future, that she would not stay. She hated him. Hated the pack. Hated her own mother, for letting her brother die.

It was shortly after her brother's death that Tyra's temper began to show itself. Soon enough, the alpha was ordering her to pursue extracurricular activities that would help hone and control that temper of hers, and she began pursuing kick boxing and gymnastics. This inspired in her a bit of an adrenaline junky leaning, and she soon enough found a love of dirt bikes, often racing with the boys in the pack, not caring that being a girl in such a hobby was unusual or got her sneered at.

Longing for her brother, Tyra's personality shifted and changed over the years, becoming less and less feminine in some ways as she seemed to be trying to compensate for the loss of her twin by taking up more masculine pursuits. She took particular interest in all things with a motor and soon enough showed great promise as a mechanic. One of the older pack members took her in as his apprentice at only 11 and she began working in the shop he owned. What was once promise seemed to grow in to something more... Tyra became a wizard with a wrench and soon enough spent most of her time covered in grease (much to her mother's dismay). Between her love of machines and her tendancy toward more masculine areas of interest like dirt bikes and fighting, she was quickly becoming a topic of concern for her mother.

Despite all of this, Tyra's mother had taught both her children Icelandic from a young age, wanting them to grow up knowing where their father was from and where their blood came from. They grew up learning three different languages and steeped in the culture of both Iceland and Ireland.

By the time she turned 15, it was clear Tyra, despite her odd interests and leanings, was more than strong enough to remain a member of the pack, and the alpha began the work of planning where he would send her and to whom she would be a mate when she turned 18. Learning of this, the headstrong girl balked and refused, insisting that if she chose to take a mate, she wanted the choice to be her own. The alpha did all he could to force his will on her, but this did little more than make her rebel further. Less than a year later she ran, exiling herself willingly from her pack.

She eventually made her way to Iceland, where she hunted down her father's pack, only to find that he'd been killed two years prior. She was told in no uncertain circumstances that she would not be accepted in to their number as it would put a strain on relations with her prior pack, and once more was sent packing.

It would take a full year before she'd end up on the other side of the ocean and eventually, her wandering eventually finding her in the wilderness of British Columbia, where she hopes to find a quiet life, completely unaware of the fact that there's another pack there and she's about to walk on to their territory.

Personality: Rebellious and more than a little jaded, Tyra is a strong willed girl who has seen more hell than she cares to remember. She's not unaccustomed to life on the street or on the run, and has developed a sense of independence and loner habits that make her rough around the edges at best. Despite this, there are a few things that bring her joy and get her smiling... one is the love of working on engines, another is racing, and secretly she enjoys singing and dancing. Around humans, Tyra is quiet and keeps to herself, and other wolves are often met with a wary, careful approach at best, hostility at worst. This is not to imply that she is incapable of being friendly or trusting, but merely that she is not prone to giving trust for trust's sake... it must be earned. That being said, she will often leave well enough alone.

Wolf Form: In her wolf form, Tyra is a sleak thing with lovely red and white fur. She is light and agile, nowhere near as most males are though just as fast. Despite her lack of size, she's a fierce competitor in combat.

Additional Information: There haven't been normal wolves in Ireland since the 1600s, which has made life for the pack Tyra was born to difficult at best. Due to the belief that there are no longer wolves there, the pack's home is hidden in the Irish countryside, secreted away from humans and a severe amount of caution was driven in to every pack member's mind.

On’s/Off's: O/O's
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Charlotte Fox

She looks lovely and is approved. I will move her over to the char approved thread tomorrow. So you know, I changed the rule about age. Now they age slower, so if you want to change anything before I move her over let me know!

Kokaine, you're welcome to join as an exile and if I make a second pack you're welcome to make a character for that pack as well.

Everyone: unfortunateely I suffered a break in last night, so I might be a little slow at getting to stuff tonight, but everything should be back to normal tomorrow. Thanks!

Bloodied Porcelain

Julles

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Charlotte Fox on September 26, 2013, 04:22:57 PM
She looks lovely and is approved. I will move her over to the char approved thread tomorrow. So you know, I changed the rule about age. Now they age slower, so if you want to change anything before I move her over let me know!

Kokaine, you're welcome to join as an exile and if I make a second pack you're welcome to make a character for that pack as well.

Everyone: unfortunateely I suffered a break in last night, so I might be a little slow at getting to stuff tonight, but everything should be back to normal tomorrow. Thanks!
OMG~hugs~ Yes are you ok?

Charlotte Fox

Oh yes, no one was hurt, and nothing was stolen besides cash, which is insured. I just can't get inside until the police finish their investigation. So yeah! Hopefully done by tomorrow.

Karasu

I am very interested for playing a Male Pure.. if your still seeking that is.
Removed, due to vandalism.

Julles

Awesome!

Were you looking to be part of the pack, or an exile?

Wolfie

I was thinking of a male pure as well, for pack please.

Julles

Exciting!

I do know that Charlotte wants to keep the male/female ratio even. So, I dont see why you cant go ahead and submit a profile. :)

Winterborn

Recommended by: Bloodied Porcelain

Played by: Winterborn

Appearance:

Name: Reese Wallan.

Race: Bitten.

Sexuality: Heterosexual.

Pack Member: No.

Pack Rank: N/A

Skill set: Street fighting, athletics, survivalism, carjacking.

Character History: Born in Texas, Reese's story began much like any other. A working-class upbringing, a school that didn't teach, parents too wearied to help. So, like so many other young men and boys, he struck out at the system. Smoking, fighting, tagging walls, cutting class, or worse yet, showing up absolutely hammered on cheap liquor. Detention, suspension, expulsion. Grand theft auto, drunk driving, vandalism through a combination of the earlier two. Juvenile hall, youth counseling, threats of jail time. No job for a juvie convict in this economy, no way out, just a downward spiral.

So he ran, out into the scrublands, to the old family acreage that had been foreclosed on a generation ago, never to be reclaimed. Somewhere to be alone, to get away from it all, to scream and rage and howl at the moon. Not that he was the only one howling that night, and the moon was quite full. Thus it was the Reese found himself on the run for his life, the first time it wasn't just to escape a night in lockup or a month in the hall, or a thrashing by some gang or other. Unfortunately for him, wolves run much faster than men over broken ground and through mesquite brush, and he still bears the scars of that encounter; puncture marks on the meat of his shoulder, his calves, his forearms where he had tried to defend himself. Then a fight broke out amongst his assailants, a vicious rip-roaring combat that ended with the pack beating a hasty retreat into the night.

Lucky to be alive, they told him. Coyotes big and mean enough to bring down a man, rare and dangerous, and the diseases they carried... The pack was never found, of course, though the signs of their passing were all around the old family pastures, and in the skin and blood of their victim.

That was when he turned it all around. He hadn't drug himself up a hill through thorns and brambles, bleeding from a dozen bites, to a place where he could call an ambulance, just so he could die from shakes and fever and horrible agony. He hadn't lived through that fresh hell just to lose his mind when the next full moon brought on the change; luckily for him, he'd been out at the land again, waiting for a repeat performance with a borrowed twelve-gauge. No wolves showed themselves... Well, just one. And after all of that, he sure as shit wasn't sticking around here to live out the life of a wild child, then an aging drunkard, then a dead junkie.

He got a few answers along the way, though maybe not the ones he wanted. Just a bunch of fresh-changing youngbloods out for a good time on the full moon, they would tell him later in Oklahoma, shrugging and spitting. Too many teeth, not enough brains, said the old man in Nebraska, sitting on a rocker in the corn. They called it "bad manitou" in Montana, whatever the fuck that was supposed to be. It was werewolves, was what it was, and no two ways about it. But he could handle that, in fact, he could own that. If he had to be a werewolf, he was going to be the biggest, baddest werewolf in North America.

It didn't quite work out that way, of course. It took him two years to wend and work and walk all that way, hitchhiking and stealing his way to the Canadian border. After all that, it took him about five minutes to realize he might as well have just stayed down south for all the difference it made.

Personality: Despite the easy smile and bluff exterior, he's not the easiest man to get along with. For one thing, he looks out for himself first and just about anyone else never; social and sociable he may be, but pack minded? Forget it. He doesn't feel any need to make himself good enough for a pack membership; he's more than good enough, so the pack will have to earn him. Next on the list is that animal fury boiling away just beneath the surface, something he can be rather good at controlling for an exile, except for those frequent times when he just forgets why he wanted to chain himself up in the first place. A unpredictable fighter, a survivor, a backstabbing slime ball, and if you're very lucky, your best friend. Above all, he's a law unto himself, doing whatever he chooses, because he chose to do it.

Wolf Form:

Additional Information: (Anything else you’d like to add that is not listed here)

On’s/Off's: Here.