Seeking Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD, lots custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, April 08, 2015, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Anima mage would be definitely be strong one.....also taking wizard levels would be suitable for Karsus familiar :P. Anycase you can add +13 insight bonus to binder levels to calculate how some vestige powers works and to binding checks (but do not get any additional pact augments nor new vestiges). Naturally you may swap spellbook for the thought crystal which can store 100 spells (and gave some boost to mental stats). But it could be expanded to be legendary item to be equivalent of Boccob's Blessed Book (so it can store infinite amount of spells).

Also naturally think would you be generalist or conjurer; as wizard you can have familiar or as immediate action 10'ft teleport (using PHB II option for wizard). Conjuration being one more flexible schools of magic.

Snake

I'm intrigued to try a hybrid dragon. like a half red/ half white dragon calling it an albino red ;3

Kunoichi

A dragon with the half-dragon template, eh?  That could certainly be interesting.  I'd recommend the red dragon as the base dragon for that, though, since white dragons kind of suck.

And instead of being an albino red, I think you'd be a pink dragon, instead. ;)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 17, 2015, 08:49:51 AM
Also naturally think would you be generalist or conjurer; as wizard you can have familiar or as immediate action 10'ft teleport (using PHB II option for wizard). Conjuration being one more flexible schools of magic.

Do what I do. Exchange familiar for class feature. Then take the arcane familiar feat.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

I say you cannot be red and half-white dragon because it's same as your human but also a half-elf; which is plain weird. But if speaking pink dragons;

It's possible :). Although I think it would be more a red dragon and half-fey or other template which adds fey element (explain the pink). Or add another template to give other origin to it. Albeit official pink dragon would be prismatic dragon from epic handbook.

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 17, 2015, 12:09:58 PM
Do what I do. Exchange familiar for class feature. Then take the arcane familiar feat.

Item familiar would also make good sense.

Snake

no by raw and the wording of half dragon; you can apply it to dragon bases to make hybrids ;3

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 17, 2015, 12:11:16 PM
Item familiar would also make good sense.

I have to say half-dragon destrinctily says that you can be a half dragon dragon. It's not an exploit it was actually considered to answer "what happens if a black and red dragon mate". Your call , of course, Zaer, but I did want to mention it's not "legal because they didn't think about it" but something purposely included.

I took Item familiar with The Velvet Darkness they Fear. Yes, the evil cockstaff talks. Since Zaer gives out levels and not exp the xp bonus wont do anything for you but it's still a powerful and fun feat.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 17, 2015, 12:11:16 PM
I say you cannot be red and half-white dragon because it's same as your human but also a half-elf; which is plain weird.

Unlike combining the human and half-elf races, though, dragons are a completely legal target for the half dragon template.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that the half dragon template is actually officially used to represent cross-breeds between different dragon varieties in at least one of the books.

And it certainly won't be overpowered compared to what we've already got in the game...

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on April 17, 2015, 12:14:05 PM
no by raw and the wording of half dragon; you can apply it to dragon bases to make hybrids ;3

Aha, ok then. Red dragon with half-prismatic dragon?

Snake

Yeah all it'd do is give an immunity to blindness and a single use per day "searing light" breath weapon  (which is kind of shit for a dragon but what can I say :3

Kunoichi

On the bright side, there is a feat in Races of the Dragon that will turn that 1/day breath weapon into a proper 1d4 rounds recharge breath weapon. ^^

PaleEnchantress

I looked a metabreath feats for my familiar. Then I realized despite being able to slap an old silver dragon around like it was a worn out whore, his breath weapon is still only 2d10 damage.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 17, 2015, 12:27:24 PM
On the bright side, there is a feat in Races of the Dragon that will turn that 1/day breath weapon into a proper 1d4 rounds recharge breath weapon. ^^

Also as note I have house ruled that half-dragons can do 1d4 breath attacks (than 1/day per day).

PaleEnchantress

Starting to really look at what Sahlkonir is capable of. I need to get that boy a gargantuan warhammer and a large whip.

Kunoichi

Gargantuan warhammer? Ah, so one of his preferred Draconic Polymorph forms is a Titan...

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 17, 2015, 01:16:24 PM
Gargantuan warhammer? Ah, so one of his preferred Draconic Polymorph forms is a Titan...

I somehow knew you'd realize right away what I was thinking. The whip should be pretty obvious too.

Also, Unrelated:

Snake

man I'll get on it when I get back to where i can make the char.

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 17, 2015, 01:18:35 PM
I somehow knew you'd realize right away what I was thinking. The whip should be pretty obvious too.

It was something of a coincidence that I realized the gargantuan warhammer was for a titan, actually. ^^; I was looking into the titan bloodline in unearthed arcana last night, and creatures with that bloodline get the same ability to wield absurdly-oversized weaponry that titans get, so it wasn't too difficult to check your familiar's stats from there and see that he could use Draconic Polymorph, and then connect the dots.

As for the whip, that one I'm less familiar with, but at a guess...  Balor?

PaleEnchantress

So at the end of a chapter our reward is a level, an artifact, or a companion? I have great personal methods of securing companions so unless Zaer purposely creates an amazing companion I can't resist who is also immune to all those things, I can't see myself choosing that.

The Level up is so enticing, id get level 7 spells, my cohort would get control creature, so many other goodies too.

Still I think im going to go for artifact. Ive wanted the Despoiler of Flesh in every D&D game and have never gotten my claws on it in any of them. The Ruby Rod of Asmodeus is pretty tempting too but I can't think of many reasons he would just let me have it.

And yes, Kunoichi. The whip is for Balor, he would get the Balors entangle ability and potentially it's body of flames too making whip attacks drag foes kicking and screaming against his body and holding them there.

Kunoichi

avorae

Question... Since Ninja and Spellthief are now combined as one do you use sneak attack or sudden strike or both since they are different abilities?
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Zaer Darkwail

You use sudden strike feature instead sneak attack. Not both (and you use spellthief sneak attack progression to count many sudden strike dice you get in 20 levels). It may sound unfair but considering spellthief is mystic class you can take levels in rogue....and thus get quite lot sneak attack dice that way and use sudden strike for spellthief spellsteal stuff instead.

avorae

Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

schnookums

Is the Chaos Monk *really* supposed to receive the bonus to their flailing strike roll for extra attacks? Getting like 15 extra attacks in a round is insane.