A Game of Superheroes (Two Heroes needed, villains and others welcome)

Started by Primarch, October 02, 2011, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

In 1991 in the great city of Atlanta, the world watched as a plane nearly crashed into the busy streets below but was saved at the last minute by the worlds first Superhero, Starman! He was a hero the world needed, a courage sentinel of justice and equality, all nations fell under his constant watch and the world breathed a sigh of relief. But for every hero, there must be a villain! Within months of Starman's history making first appearance, The Iron General appeared on the scene. A meta-human world terrorist with technology that would have rendered traditional armies obsolete, if it wasn't for Starman. The mad genius that was The Iron General had the greatest mind the world had ever seen, he developed everything from deathbots and doomrays to mind controlling dust and more deathbots, but the man with the greatest mind was constantly thwarted by the man with the greatest heart.

For two decades Starman held vigil over the world against any threat from without or within. Villains and foes came and went, but his greatest nemesis was always The Iron General. In the winter of 2011 the impossible happened. Starman lost. The Iron General had finally brought his hated rival down with his greatest scheme yet. The world watched live feed as Starman used all his might to hold off a deathray that would have cracked the city of Paris in half! Just as the beam was losing power, The Iron General struck! A legion of his Deathbots attacked, with the General himself manning his power armour. Starman fought with all the courage and tenacity the world had come to admire him for, with the strength every man strived towards and with the stamina many women had appreciated. But alas! It wasn't enough. Scores of machines were destroyed but finally The Iron General slammed Starman with all the might of his power armour, the crater left by Starman hitting the ground was a hundred feet wide. His body was giving out, he was exhausted. As the clocks approached midnight and the rain came down hard, Starman stood alone against a legion, and knew he couldn't win.

The world watched with held breath, a lone reported (his true love, of course) did the only thing she could. She grabbed the nearest camera and sent her message to the world. The only message she could send, just one.

"Help him."

The world did the only thing it could do. It helped. Because as Starman lay battered and broken under the fury of a Mad Man who would have burned it all down, eight people looked inside themselves and found something they never knew they had. The power to make a difference and the heart to use it right! Just as The Iron General was about to deal the killing blow they emerged, with powers fantastic and amazing they rallied to fight the threat that before only one man could challenge. And do you know what happened? They won.

The Iron General was cast back, brought low and locked away. They all knew he'd be back, he always was. But for now the day was saved and the world hailed their new saviors as heroes!

So I'd like to set up a Freeform Superhero game, based around the eight individuals who protect the world after the events described above. Like a lot of modern comics and tv shows, I'd like to explore multiple sides of the characters lives, both featuring them fighting the bad guy, to chilling out back in there homebase or just chilling out as they attend as normal a life as they can when not adorned in capes and fighting crime. Villains will come and go, with popular ones making a return (people are welcome to take up a one time or even recurring villain if they would be so interested! Even if they come and go in one thread). Every hero type from your Batman to your Superman and everything in between will be welcome, and I'll cater to who's present as much as possible.

Character abilities I'm quite open with, so long as you use a touch of reason and common sense in terms of "does this make sense?" (in a comic hero setting of course!) but also "would this character be ridiculously hard to challenge reasonably in anyway?!" But so long as the character isn't Superman without a kryptonite or Scarlet Witch without being batshit insane I'm sure we'll be fine.

The game will take place one year after the events described above, but if there's interest we may start with a "prologue" when the group first discovers their powers and has their world famous showdown with The Iron General.

If you have any questions, please ask! Other characters aside from our eight heroes could also be taken up, if there is interest. Such as classic Superhero roles as the Journalist who's always being kidnapped, or the Detective who's always one step away from discovering their true identities.

Those who are interested already, may create a character using this template:

[center][u]The Person[/u][/center]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Day job:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Real person based image claims only please

[center][u]The Hero[u][/center]

[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Weakness:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Special Equipment:[/b]
[b]Costume:[/b]

Character Roster

Hero: The Cowboy (rocknrolla)
Hero: Yatagarasu (missfire)
Hero: Militia (Foxy Oni)
Hero:
Hero: Heizenbergy (Aybara)
Hero: Honour Guard (Primarch)
Hero: (Reserved for The Truth)
Hero: Watts (Maelyn)

Journalist:
Detective on the Case:
Other:
Other:

Villain: Darkstryke (NileGoddess)
Villain: Meteor (Latooni Subota)
Villain:
Villain:

OOC

Character page

MissFire

Well, color me interested. I've been waiting for a fresh superhero RP to pop up. I'll think about a character concept tomorrow!
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Primarch

Most excellent! I just got a character app into that Saints Row RP, we might be in 3 games together XD

KaelRavenheart

Ahhhh, finally. I've waiting for a roleplay like this for a long while. Finally, an open superhero RP. You can count me most definitely in!
You think you know me? Look deeper. Find the truth.

Aybara

I'm interested although I'll have to consider what character to do, I'll see what I can think of in the morning!

Maelyn

I'm interested as well.  I will think on a character and get back to you.  :)

Latooni Subota

Hot dang, a new superhero advert. It's not Marvel mutants, but I gotta admit, it's pretty darn interesting. I'll have a concept up later tonight! :D

EDIT: Before I start digging too deep, I has a question for the GM. Are you one of the anime-type character image haters? I have TERRIBLE luck finding superheroine images I like, so usually end up using anime-style ones.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Love And Submission

I might be in. How do you feel about Cyborg/Replicant's?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Primarch

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 02, 2011, 10:00:33 PM
EDIT: Before I start digging too deep, I has a question for the GM. Are you one of the anime-type character image haters? I have TERRIBLE luck finding superheroine images I like, so usually end up using anime-style ones.

That depends on the anime for the most part, although in this particular RP in the template it does request the character appearance image be real person based, there is no such requirement on the costume image. So if you can find a suitable actress/model, you can back it up with an anime image for the costume.

Quote from: DTW on October 02, 2011, 11:01:13 PM
I might be in. How do you feel about Cyborg/Replicant's?

So long as you can make it line up smoothly with the opening events I'm fine with a cyborg based character.

rocknrolla

What a fantastic idea, Primarch.

I have the same question as the lovely Miss KaylaM - and me other query is in regards to villains. Would you only accept villain characters from writers playing superheroes, or is there another criteria/character sheet for those? How many characters can a writer make once accepted?

I ask for I am very interested in playing a villain, suffice to say I also have a superhero in the making... so by the time you respond to this you should have a character from me end.

Would you like us to pm you the profile, or put it up here?

Cheers, pal!
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Kate

Name: Shae Onarah
Code Name: Whisper
Height: 5 foot 8 inches
Weight: 70lbs
Eyes: Bluey Grey
Hair: Long Dark Brown
Physical : Very simular to Liv Tyler
Attire : Almost always wears one piece dresses and high heels, plus a long coat if cold
Sexuality: Bisexual

Hobbies: Painting and drawing fairies, researching mythology, reading
Powers:Telekinesis Mastery (she can move objects with her mind at a distance)
Skills: Telekinesis Mastery, Surreal Painting, drawing, reading, storytelling

Shae talks slowly and is incredibly kind to those she finds trustworthy. Shae has refined her abilities by having them constantly in practice. At a young age whenever she was alone she would have pieces of glass fly in patterns about her mimicking the nature of fairies. Even though she was forcing the glass to behave in such a manner seeing their motion reduced a lot of stress teenage years bring and over time these simple fairys assumed increasingly numerous and intricate pieces.

When not around bigots Shae will often be reading while her abilities see a perfectly crafted glass fairy somewhere in the room managing a humorous task one would expect a carefree fairy to do. Primarily she uses this as a practicing technique to control objects perfectly while keeping her primary attention focused on other things but has found it useful to entertain others.

The fairy she has at the moment has over a hundred separate pieces which stay together by Shaes mental abilities. Shae's mind is disciplined enough for it to keep it so while even is asleep, although the form will be subdued. If she is knocked unconscious or drugged however, the fairy's pieces will loose cohesion. If intricate dynamic behavior is not cared for, Shae can telekines' objects of considerable weight.

"So many unfortunately make fun of others as a habit, Many are quick to jest at anothers expense to make themselves seem superior. As if they need to to be comfortable. Humor which is not at the cost of another's embarrassment is welcoming. Wonder at without the threat of danger...is wonder-ful. Finding these times makes friends, sharing them is lovely. To me without friends, without love, what else is there ?"

... would be a statement she would likely say if asked why she persists keeping the glass fairy doing silly things in the background

Shae abilities do extend to be able to cause others direct harm, so far though, luckily for her, she has avoided needing to. Using her skills to help others manage exotic materials in a laboratory or fathom more about the workings of nature of the mind or to help others or heal others is more her cup of tea.

However she will do what it takes if happiness of herself or others is at threat. As such, although naturally principal-led she is is no pacifist and would take up arms for good causes. Proving a cause is justified in doing so to her though ... may not be so easy.

Equipment

Purse, Phone, Handbag filled with *origami paper

* although her "fairy" she leaves at home, having her mind make origami animals and have them move like such in the background while her conscious mind sees to other things is a hobby she has adopted. She knows this can delight others or make them afraid if done so at a poorly choose time or situation.

If origami paper is not available for such, normal paper or even money notes can suffice.

Primarch

At the moment I have nothing in mind that would stop the game from being placed into the "light" section, possibly bondage but only because people will likely end up captured and tied/chained up at some point more so then any plans for a direct BDSM scene. As for the compulsory to use an image, it is to my great preference to use images of real people when showing a characters appearance with an image, for the sake of consistency. It allows all characters to be pictured in a scene without one being large eyed with a tiny mouth and blue hair, while another looks like he walked off The Simpsons into the real world. Now if a character can't be reasonably represented with an image of a real person (their powers manifesting might have caused bodily changes, an anthromorphic form etc etc) then suitable artwork will suffice. Or you could not use an image base and describe the character with words.

Quote from: rocknrolla on October 03, 2011, 07:18:09 AM
Would you only accept villain characters from writers playing superheroes, or is there another criteria/character sheet for those? How many characters can a writer make once accepted?
I ask for I am very interested in playing a villain, suffice to say I also have a superhero in the making... so by the time you respond to this you should have a character from me end.
Would you like us to pm you the profile, or put it up here?

Although initially intended that players who play a hero could also have a second character who was a villain, on second thought I'm not against anyone wondering in and trying their hand at a villain (You may want to PM a villain app to me, to keep the mystery!). Heroes are limited to one per person, but a player may have as many villains as they can reasonably handle, or cycle through villains as one goes off to prison or what have you.
Hero apps can be placed up here.

@Kate,
If you could stick to the Character template provided, if for just my benefit but possibly the benefit of others, it would be great. Just so I can quickly look and be able to find what I need, be it backstory, personality, skills or her costume. I'll also point out that the characters abilities only manifested in the events described in the original post, one year ago. Also, you may want to include some details (such as how much can she lift with her telekinesis?).

Which is something that might be handy for all of you, when placing powers/skills/special equipment, details such as level of talent, level of power etc (even in simple figures likes tons, mph, black belt etc) would be great. Will allow me to work out ideal challenges and opponents for you guys.....and possibly myself if I decide to put in a character. If there's sufficient interest in villains I certainly could, as it would mean less of me posting against myself.

rocknrolla

Cheers pal, that works. I'll be sending you a villain app as soon as the game gets off the ground.

With that being said, I think the game can fall under the non-con section too, seeing how it involves heroes and villains... though it'll be best once the characters are established, the writers can share any pet peeves they have against any one category i.e non-con, bon, light, etc so the particular storyline can reflect that. Hope that makes sense. :-)
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

rocknrolla

With edits.

The Person
Pictures

Name: Roger Dean

Nationality: American

Day job: Rancher

Personality: Roger is the epitome of suave, having grown up with a family that was conservative and highly religious, the boy found himself developing an outlook in life which bordered on careless but never crossed it. A rebellious soul, he is carefree and carries a happy persona throughout the day. Roger loves making jokes and finds it instils a sense of security in the lad when things in his life go awry, which makes his fun loving personality both a security and insecurity as Roger finds it difficult to focus on the serious aspects of life.

The man is mostly solitary in nature, and prefers to be by himself unless he is amongst friends or close associates. He also struggles with accepting the harsh realities/truths in life where he is powerless, and is renowned for recklessness in such cases as people who know him best can tell.

Thrill seeking, flirty, a gentleman and heroic to a fault Roger can be an asset to a team as he values friendly association over everything else, but does require a nudge every so often to keep focused on the task at hand.

Backstory:

Roger was born to his staunch Christian parents thirty two years ago in times where a man found it difficult to make a decent living on a fair earned wage. His father had just returned from Vietnam and whilst they believed in these strong Christian values to stay true to one another – Roger found out the hard way mama didn’t mind cheating on her husband at his back – and daddy certainly didn’t say no to chasing her across the prairie with a rifle in his hands.

His childhood was mostly uneventful; he spent the majority of his free time helping his dad with the ranch, and did his homework for when he wasn’t in school. The boy yearned for friends, and the few he did make ended up leaving due to one happenstance or another. This carried on until the boy turned twenty.

And soon he enlisted in the army like other young men so that he can go to college and further his life’s prospects, war was thrust upon America and Roger found himself as one of the early deployed. A few engagements and more than few losses later the man found himself in a new regiment and even that proved unsavoury for him as his company was pinned under fire for hours without any support. Surviving due to timely reinforcements, the man witnessed the bitter irony of warfare, and would spend his time struggling with his feelings about the prospect for the next few years until his time was up.

At the end of his commission, the man was soon discharged and on his arrival home more grave news awaited him about his parents passing away, probably shot one another in the back, the man thought... and nobody dared to tell him why to his face. Being the only son he was tasked with the small ranch they were running. Using some help from the military in shape of grants and contracts, he was able to build up the ranch to a point where he started dealing with cattle in hundreds, instead of a mere dozen. From the business point of view, Roger knows the only way to go is forward and the man hasn’t looked back since.

It wasn’t until that one fateful night when Roger joined the other seven to bring the Iron General to his knees. Ousting the man for better or for worse, the only thought that engulfed his mind worried the young man about whether this expulsion would last or not. Roger knew he only had to stick to find out.

The Hero
Codename: The Cowboy

Powers:

Flight: The Cowboy can fly to great distances at a uniform speed of a hundred miles an hour.

Super Fast Reflexes: As the name suggests, the Cowboy has a quick response/reaction time which helps him with his weapons and lassos, and dodge attacks/bullets with ease.

Stitch N’ Time: The Cowboy can flash (disappear/reappear) to small distances immediately (not more than a hundred meters) every couple seconds, but overdoing it (for a few minutes) constantly in a short span of time results in a sudden loss of balance, and in worst cases immobilization.

Mud Slingin’ Whirlwind: The Cowboy can spin around and turn into a whirlwind... calling the sands and dirt to him until he turns into a mud tsunami (twenty five feet in height approximately) and engulfs the area.

Special Equipment:

Guns and Ammo: The Cowboy carries two custom made six shooters he call ‘Salvation’ and ‘Damnation’, he also carries a custom made rifle he refers to as ‘Absolution’ – He carries copious amount of different ammunition such as armour piercing, hollow point, etc.

Isabella’s Breach: Again making use of his super reflexes the Cowboy uses a lasso he calls ‘Isabella’ against his foes.

Weakness:

Overexposure to Water: Being in water drains the Cowboy’s abilities thoroughly to a point where he can pass out after an hour long exposure.

Skills:

Years of military service and practice with the six shooters has made the Cowboy an excellent marksman and adept with various weaponry, particularly semi automatic rifles and one handed firearms. The man is a staunch businessman with Southern values, and prides himself for running the Ranch that was almost lost at the hands of its previous owner. The Cowboy is good with money and a thorough negotiator, which allows him to secure the best deal available, once again possible through the running of his ranch. Some of these deals helped him to secure his suit and guns from the military where his service helped him secure a bona fide reputation.

Costume: (I couldn’t find anything on google, so here’s the description for each item)

Metal Alloy Hat: Coloured Suede/Grey.

Light Alloy Suit: Covering the Cowboy from head to toe, which appears two piece but isn't at closer inspection, looks like a shirt and jeans from afar - Coloured Dark Grey.

Face Mask: A metallic mask that fits into the armour covering on the Cowboy's face making it difficult to set apart from the suit, comes with its own gunslinger moustache and a neckerchief - Skin Coloured, black moustache.

Ammo Belts: They run crisscross upon his chest, they run around his waist and carry his repeater rifle on his back - Coloured Light Grey.

Holsters: One on each side - Gleaming white.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Primarch

The overall plan looks solid Rolla, but a few things I could point out. If my math is right, he'd have been 12 when the Gulf war started and as I mentioned to Kate, the characters only came into their powers as described in the events of the original post (the theme of coming into one's powers and learning about them is a classic after all!). His powers are fine (although like I said to Kate, some detail might benefit all included, such as how fast he can fly, or how large his mud whirlwind can get (and where does his hat come into it?). While I'm no expert on ranches, I'm rather sure going from a few dozen to "thousands" of cattle in a few years would be a rather.....unlikely event, even with savy deals and government aid.

The only real issue I'd have is the equipment. I don't see where the "special alloy" comes from, nor do I see how his mechanical horse uses him as a power source. And while I have no issue with the guns, keep in mind killing people isn't very super heroic. :P

As a reminder to all, the game is set in a rather (with the exception of extremely few individuals), realistic modern world. Its not like Marvel or DC where any nation worth anything has had a few super genius's and psychics pushing their technology years ahead. If any governments or evil corporations have been trying to create their own response to Star Man or Iron General, they'll have failed unless something changes in the RP. While you will have access to a team HQ, the details won't be established until later (and likely handed down from Starman). 

rocknrolla

I did struggle with the type of superhero required. Not a huge Marvel/DC fan I wanted him to edge towards realism, more "Watchmen" like (minus Dr. Manhattan of course), but I reckon somewhere along the line I had the premise mixed up and got too excited... my bad.

I missed the part where Starman keeps vigil for two decades (thus respectively thinking 1991 is present day and age, making the character 32). I'll label the profile WIP; is it alright if I PM you the editted version to make certain there's nothing unsavoury to it in regards to the premise, before publicly posting the changes?

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Primarch

Sure thing! I'll be around for the next few hours.

MissFire

Are we allowed to create gadget-based heroes (ie; like Batman) or is it powered heroes only?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Primarch

Quote from: MissFire on October 03, 2011, 02:50:46 PM
Are we allowed to create gadget-based heroes (ie; like Batman) or is it powered heroes only?

That's totally fine.

MissFire

The Person

Name: Monica Yen
Nationality: Asian-American
Day job: Security Consultant, Yen Security

Personality: At work she is very buisness-like and serious. She knows how to do her job well and will stop at nothing to make her clients feel safe. During off-hours she unwinds and becomes a much more approachable, friendly person who loves reading a good book, relaxing with friends, and going clubbing. Prefers to keep her work life and home life separate at all costs - especially considering the double life she leads. Or is that triple?

Backstory: Monica Yen inherited Yen Security from her father when he passed away. She was nineteen at the time, an absurdly young age for someone to be thrust into a position of power as CEO of a high-profile company. She was left to sink or swim and, thankfully, she swam. Using both a crash course in business and her own intuition, Monica helped her father's company stay ahead of the pack. But not all were happy with her rapid ascent - corporate sabotage led to clients being broken in to night after night. Yen Security's reputation plummeted as Monica struggled to find the source of betrayal. One night, she took it upon herself to investigate and followed a VP she'd been suspecting. He was sabotaging security systems and paying hoodlums to break in and smash up the places. Monica caught him in the act but, his hired thugs, thinking it a set-up, killed both the VP and a security guard trying to intervene.

From that night on she dedicated herself to halting this kind of treachery in her own company. But her digging turned up more and more corruption and greed - not only in her own company, but in her competitors as well. Greed was rife in the business world and the people who got screwed, most of the time, were the so-called "little people". The people who did the actual work, the people that literally built these companies were constantly betrayed and used by their employers, most of the time unknowingly. She was in Paris, investigating a pharmaceutical corporation when it happened; the defeat of Starman. That was enough. She was going to have to do more than blow the whistle if she wanted to make a real impact in the world.

Monica would take a stand. First, she would clean out her own house, then she would show those rich pigs that someone would stand up for regular people. She had to become a symbol, even if it was only to herself. Yatagarasu. The three-legged crow of Japanese mythology, the appearance of the great bird is construed as evidence of the will of Heaven or divine intervention in human affairs. She was going to be divine intervention.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The Hero

Codename:Yatagarasu
Powers:None
Weakness:Very Lightly Armored, No Superhuman Ability
Skills:Martial Arts, Lockpicking, Knowledge Of Security Systems, Extremely Intelligent
Special Equipment:Hand-held Grapple Gun, Claws, Collapsible Tonfa, Misc. Gadgets

Costume:
A very light and flexible bodysuit. It will not stop blade or bullet, but the fabric is tough enough to keep her warm and absorb some physical blows. Over this she wears a hood and mantle with shoulder guards. Not pictured, a pair of high-tech goggles designed by Monica herself. They have various vision modes that can analyze structural weakness, let her see in the dark, or use facial recognition software to bring up profiles she has entered into a database. The goggles glow red when she is using the night vision, giving her an eerie appearance. Under her mantle she wears a tactical vest and belt she keeps stocked with a wide variety of gadgets and tools. Her cape is split partway up the middle and the bottom is cut to look like feathers, making it look like she has dark wings when the cape billows out. She has three primary weapons; her grapple gun which fires out three claw-shaped hooks, claws at each finger of her gloves, and collapsible tonfa.
    - Sima Yi

Foxy DeVille

I'd like to give this a shot...

Name: Jordan Fairborne
Day job: Soldier, US Army
Personality: Jordan is a tough and no-nonsense type of person. She takes her responsibilities very seriously. As she lives in a male-dominated climate, Jordan hates being underestimated because of her gender. In her free time, she like having a few beers at a dive and playing softball.
Backstory: Coming from a military family, Jordan Fairborne was eager to carry on the tradition. Always a tomboy, she played a lot of sports and took several fighting classes. When she was finally old enough to join the army, she did so but was disappointed to learn women were banned from direct combat. Never the less, Jordan pushed herself to become the best soldier she could be. When she heard the cry to help Starman, she knew it was her duty to do something. To her surprise she was suddenly surrounded by duplicates of herself. as a one-woman special forces unit, Jordan proved very effective. She revealed her newfound abilities to her superiors. A period of testing found no scientific explanation for her powers, so Jordan was giving a special designation and a codename... Militia. As Militia she is the government's point man in superhuman affairs.
Appearance:

The Hero

Codename: Militia
Powers: Jordan can create perfect duplicates of herself. Her exact limit is unknown but too many can have dire consequences (see Weakness). Militia and her duplicates are telepathically linked and are thus a highly effective fighting force.
Weakness: The telepathic link shared by Militia and her duplicates has its drawbacks. When something traumatic happens to one, it can have a devastating emotional effect on the others. Also, making too many duplicates can create an information overload.
Skills: Militia is a highly trained solider, with skills equal to a Green Beret or navy SEAL. She continuously trains in hand-to-hand combat, making her a dangerous opponent even without her powers.
Special Equipment: Militia has access to the best military gear, depending on her mission.
Costume: Jordan prefers to call what she wears a uniform rather than a costume. While her outfit is made of tough leather, the government PR people decided showing plenty of skin would boost her popularity and so it offers little protection. Militia always has her dog tags with her, its her way of reminding herself that she's just a soldier doing her job.

Primarch

Yatagarasu & Militia are good to go.

DomShark

For Consideration. Possibly a villain? I can edit if needed.

The Person

Name: Tyler Townsend
Nationality: African-American
Day job: Star Athlete
Personality: Cocky, Brash, Charismatic, Narcissistic, Selfish, Outgoing.
Backstory: Growing up in the Atlanta slums, Ty had a rough upbringing to say the least. He became involved with gangs and drug dealers at an early age to help support his siblings. He quickly gained the attention of some high-level thugs who took an interest and made him an offer. They would support his siblings and pay for Tyler to attend college and play football. In return, the organization, known as Hunter Corps. would manage, represent and essentially own his career at the professional level. The deal seemed quite appealing at the time, but when he helped to thwart a global attack, his senior year, everything changed.

The Hunters called him the moment Starman's plea went out, and funded his expedient journey for Paris. They knew this as an opportunity to thrust their golden child into a global hero. Ty fought for all he was worth, and as it turned out, even advanced kill-bots were no match for a .12 guage shell at close range. Using his abilities, Ty managed to stay one step ahead of the assault and just out of the reach of danger.

After that, he wasn‘t just an all-American quarterback, en route to a Heisman Trophy season, he was a hero! A national treasure! There was even a sports magazine that referred to him as “Jesus in Cleats“. But when he was drafted by Atlanta with the number one pick in the draft, it became time to settle up with the men who had supported his college career, and do their bidding lest his family be harmed. Unable to be seen associating with the likes of criminals, “The Truth“ was born.
Appearance:

The Hero/Villain?

Codename: The Truth
Powers: Precognition- Truth can see into the future, but only the immediate future and only a few seconds ahead. He isn’t omniscient, he only sees these visions from his own perspective and can sometimes confuse present and future. How far ahead he can see is variable, from a few seconds to several minutes.
Weakness: Hubris and exposure. Out in the public eye such as he is, he’s very easy to follow unseen. He’s also had knee surgery on his left MCL.
Skills: Above average athleticism, speed, reactions and strength. Also access to lots and lots of guns.
Special Equipment: Dogs- Louis Vuitton: Pit Bull, Gucci: German Shepherd, Dolce: Doberman Pinshcer, Gabbana: Doberman Pinscher, Coach: Pit Bull, Armani: Greyhound, Burberry: Akita
Costume: Black athletic apparel and Mask.
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

Aybara

The Person

Name:  Julius Heizenberg
Nationality: Aboriginal Empire: Subsector Albion
Day job: Foot soldier of the 175th Euro Asian Light Infantry
Personality: Julius likes to try and portray an aura of confidence however sometimes this can come off as brash or smug. He's usually in a state of wonder or very flippant about the differences he sees in the world, for example thinking the internal combustion engine is a work of genius only a mad man could create. He likes to think his own unique viewpoint gives him a fresh perspective on life. He can come across as very rude at points or oddly chivalrous due to his skewed social outlook. He harbors survivors guilt but seeks to atone for this by living up to the new bizarre lifestyle that has been thrust upon him. He is loyal to a fault and once someone has earned his trust he will do whatever he can for them and expect the same in return from his comrades. He is quite adept at art but utterly tone deaf.
Backstory: Julius grew up in the Albion Subsector of the Euro Asian Sector of the Eternal Aboriginal Empire in a small village called Manchester. His father and mother worked hard as factory workers hoping to give their son advantages he could use to further his station. Unfortunately he was very sickly and all they could afford was basic genetic manipulations which barely counter acted his inherent genetic disadvantages. His early life was nothing special, he performed well in school under the circumstances and might have been able to get work in low level management if fate hadn't taken a hand.
The Eternal Aboriginal Empire which stretched from the cradle of mankind to the moons of Jupiter came under attack. One by one colonies stopped communication as the years rolled by and expeditions to uncover the cause all disappeared. The universe was closing in on them until even the moon was lost to them, by this time Julius had reached adulthood. Given the dire circumstances the Empires recruitment agencies went into overdrive trying to get as man warm bodies trained and ready for the coming apocalypse. He signed up and did marginally well in the testings but because of his low born status and poor genetic profile he was assigned to  a Light Infantry Regiment, he was to be cannon fodder. Still he made the best of it and the years rolled by, people began to wonder if the mystery that was besieging them was just some kind of phenomenon maybe cutting the colonies off from each other. Julius waited eight years for the question to be answered and in one night the Eternal Empire was brought to it's knees, and they couldn't even say for sure who or what it was that was destroying them. They fought phantoms and shadows never confirming any sightings but they found the enemies handy work, men, women and children, civilians, grunts and generals the attacks seemed random and they couldn't do a damn thing to stop them, all the years of training were for nothing.
Julius' unit were sent to reinforce the military base in Cornwall but when they showed up the base had come under attack their invisible unknowable foes stalked the halls. By the time his unit got to the command centre there were only three of them left, sudden sharp screams sometimes punctuated their journey there and another would fall but at other times men and women would simply fall over dead with no apparent injuries mid sentence. In the command center Shogun Tybalt Marx explained the situation, the reports showed Sydney was lost, the Empress was dead and they had been given their orders, they were to leave scorched earth. The facility and surrounding countryside were to be destroyed and all foes of the Empire taken with it. As the countdown timer reached it's last second Julius nodded to the other members of his Regiment, far too few and engaged his teleportation device, they all did setting them well beyond safety parameters to get outside the blast zone somewhere off the coast of Normandy hoping against hope they'd beat the odds but a sinking man will grab any straw. He said a quick prayer to Allah and then the searing heat burned through his body and he felt himself being ripped apart a thousand times before finding himself standing in a crater. He could see people rushing into the fray and the sky was blue? He someone in the center fighting a group of odd and unusual people, it was not his fight and he was prepared to leave until he saw a face he recognized, that of Captain Fairborne, one of the officers from his regiment in strange clothes but she was unmistakable, there had been too many hours training too many hours knowing that when the time came they would help each other stay alive. He didn't know what the hell was going on but he knew who he would support regardless and he jumped into the fray handgun blazing bellowing "For the Empire and the 175th Light Infantry! Allons-Y!".
As near as he can tell he's on a parallel world where everything is familiar and yet somehow wrong. When he walks through the streets sometimes he spots someone he knows but no one ever recognizes him. He met the Shogun Marx's double once, his name is Bob and he owns a bar. Sometimes the doubles have different names when he finds them. He even tried to track down his own double but the child died when he was eleven. This world is different some pieces of technology superior and some inferior but the world is fractured into a thousand countries. It's oh so wrong but it's all he has and at least being a so called hero he does some good and at least there's Captain Fairborne in his new squad even if she's not quite right he can still sees some of the Officer he knows and used to follow. He hasn't bothered hiding his identity as since he puts it "I'd be chuffed if somebody actually knew me".
Appearance:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Hero

Codename: Heizenbergy
Powers/Special Equipment:
Julius has access to technology from his home universe, the most important of which is his teleportation device which allows him to instantly teleport distances of ten kilometres safely but this can be increased to greater distances but the risk of the devices processor making a miscalculation grow staggeringly quickly with even going eleven kilometres having a ninety percent chance of him not reappearing his trainers told him. He can make short jumps with others but these are always much shorter distances, two people a kilometre, three people a hundred metres for example. It takes the form of some gauntlets and a breastplate which have roughly the protective value of a bulletproof vest.
The second significant piece of technology he has is Schrodinger Pattern 42 Handgun which after years of training he is quite skilled at using, he explains if asked that the gun sort of ignores armour but other than that its damage potential isn't particularly staggering being roughly comparable to a 10mm round. This has no other special properties aside from not needing ammo or to be reloaded against foes with super toughness it wont do anything and wont ignore force fields etc it simply ignores physical armour but there may be exceptions to this.
Lastly he has a low level force field that reduces the damage of ranged attacks coming into an area within one metre of him, this device looks like a small yellow lamp which hangs off his shoulder. It does nothing to stop close combat attacks or low velocity ranged attacks.
Julius almost finds it humorous that these items devices make him a "Hero" since as he puts it they were standard issue.
He also has a pair of goggles with a hud system but they don't seem to work properly and he lacks the technical skill to repair them but carries them around his top hat.
Weakness: Julius' weakness include that his equipment can be taken off him and he has no inherent powers. He has a limited understanding of culture and technology, finding some pieces of technology to be extraordinary even though they are common place and others to be laughably primitive. There is something different about the atmosphere of this earth evident by the blue sky instead of purple and for some reason his teleportation device throws him off target when it is raining, not seeming to make the jumps different in any other respect but as he knows if you don't know exactly where you are going it might end badly.
Skills: Julius has received what he regards as basic combat training including areas such as hand to hand, navigational skills, advanced mathematics (particularily for calculating distance and angles, he attributes this as necessary for helping call in artillery fire) and ranged combat with a variety of common weapons (sadly he only has one of them on his person so thats kind of a moot point).
Costume: Julius still wears his uniform which many would describe more as bizarre dinner wear, including a jacket over a metallic breastplate. He remains adamant that this was his uniform, camouflage having been obsolete for centuries... but with his goggles no longer working it's something he has grown to be wary of.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok a slightly bizarre character idea but contrast can be good, I can come up with a different idea but I quite like this one. I was hoping Foxy Oni might let me say her characters alternate self from his home was in his regiment or someone else. All it would mean is he'd be more comfortable around them.

NileGoddess

Hm, tempting, but I'm not sure if I should participate. If you have need for a villainess, let me know, but it sounds like you've got the evil side covered. I have some pictures and an idea for an ebony martial arts master, with a touch of teleportation.

Primarch

I'll start with Tyler Townsend. I'm not sure what you have in mind with this character, is he one of the eight? A potential villain? One thing I'll point out is that his powers aren't powers. Money could be considered "special equipment" only in the way that I'm assuming he has access to large amounts of it. If you want to contact me via PM and let me know what you have in mind, or just shuffle things around and make his role in the game more clear that would be great.

Red Fury is fine. Julius Heizenberg....when I was setting up this game I had a very specific few things in mind concerning the world it would be set in and parallel worlds was not a part of it. But this is the kind of character that I can tell could be the teams "zainy" one, and he's just zainy enough that I'm going to allow it. Suppose I can change around a few plans, open up some other ones. Once you have Foxy Oni's approval for the link, but otherwise he's good to go.

Quote from: NileGoddess on October 04, 2011, 09:48:25 AM
Hm, tempting, but I'm not sure if I should participate. If you have need for a villainess, let me know, but it sounds like you've got the evil side covered. I have some pictures and an idea for an ebony martial arts master, with a touch of teleportation.

You would be 100% welcome to create a villainess, the more people who sign on as villains means the less time I need to dedicate to such a task and makes joining the game myself more viable.

DomShark

Yes, I imagined him as one of the eight, but rife with internal struggles as an unseen evil pulls the strings. Internal conflict and deception, eventually leading him to be a traitor to the heroes and a villain with intimate knowledge about the inner workings of the heroes.

Yes I know that "Money, Power and Respect" aren't super-human "Powers" but I didn't envision Truth having any "Super" powers to speak of. Imagine a skinny Kingpin with some Punisher thrown in, cast in the mold of Mike Vick. Also, I imagined his identity would not be secret given his role in the public eye, only his private scandals kept secret.

If this doesn't mesh with the concept, I'll withdraw.

NileGoddess

Let me know if this character works. I kept her small time, more of a notorious cat burglar than anything else. This can change though, as maybe she starts small time, but gets motivation to move on to something bigger.

The Person

Name: Jazmine Jolene
Nationality: African American
Day job: Exotic Dancer
Personality: Materialistic, cynical, and conceited.
Backstory: Jazmine was your typical working black girl in a big city: she worked long nights, usually bare chested while whistling men stuffed wads of cash down her underwear. It might not have been glamorous, but it paid well, and she actually found the dancing enjoyable and challenging. She enjoyed working out staying in shape, and above all, had a love for martial arts since she was little. Somehow, the top-heavy and wide-bottom beauty could move quite fast and hit pretty hard, but there was something about the darkness that made her that much more fluid. She was startled to discover her ability at a younger age, and first tried to keep it buried away. Then she realized what a luxury it was, and the freedoms it could grant. Soon after, after a few nights with some lower tips, she dug up an old black costume from the strip club locker room and went out for a little fun, realizing that with the shadows, there was nothing preventing her from slipping into a bank and getting enough cash to buy that dress she always wanted...she would later don her weapons, and go out on late night rampages after she clocked out, to avoid putting up with thugs, and the occasional cop who stumbled across the scantily clad black woman with an armful of diamonds.
Appearance:

The Villainess

Codename: Darkstryke
Powers: Darkstryke’s truth lethality stems from her short range teleportation. Utilizing shadows, she can disappear and reappear anywhere within the distance of about dozen meters; provided that it is dark enough. She prefers to operate at night, where she can travel from shadow to shadow and strike from nearly any angle with deadly spikes or blades.
Weakness: Darkstryke’s powers need darkness and shadows to be fully effective. Dim shadows cast in daylight or in a lit room are sufficient, but extremely taxing, limit her range, and require stronger focus, and she needs to be touching a shadow in order to initiate a teleportation. She also cannot teleport using her own shadow. The only way to prevent her from teleporting her completely is to keep her in bright light that doesn’t cast any shadows.
Skills: A high skill in various martial arts, with a focus geared towards weapons, though she is still deadly with her bare hands. As a dancer, she can move and bend in many ways, which compliments her fighting, and she is very athletic. She is also known to use her sexuality as a tool against her opponents as well.
Special Equipment: Her trademark weapons are sais, which she uses effectively to stab and bludgeon her opponents. She is also known to use a variety of blades, daggers, and thrown weapons, but most of her equipment is small, rarely consisting of anything larger than a short sword.
Costume: Darkstryke’s costume is skimpy, utilizing her voluptuous sex appeal as a hidden weapon. It is black, with a dull sheen if light falls on it, form-fitting, and composed of a very fine bullet resistant weave (the original outfit she wore was little more than simple latex). Though there’s not enough of it to actually stop a bullet, it is resistant against cutting, burning and most forms of abuse, and allows her to move gracefully as if wearing nothing at all.

Latooni Subota

Hmm. On second thought, even though I absolutely hate the lack of support for my preferred art (for exactly the opposite reason that you'd think), I do think I'd like to join in. Less as a hero, and more as a minor villain, maybe backing up the other villain NPCs and PCs from time to time? If NileGoddess remembers Ms. Hyde, she knows the one I'm talking about. She's basically a pint-sized juggernaut. High levels of invulnerability and a little enhanced strength via tactile telekinesis, but not much else. Not a high level threat, but she has potential.

Thoughts?

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Primarch

Quote from: DomShark on October 04, 2011, 03:58:07 PM
Yes I know that "Money, Power and Respect" aren't super-human "Powers" but I didn't envision Truth having any "Super" powers to speak of. Imagine a skinny Kingpin with some Punisher thrown in, cast in the mold of Mike Vick. Also, I imagined his identity would not be secret given his role in the public eye, only his private scandals kept secret.
As the character is I don't see what he brings to the team, nor why he'd be on it. He's like a famous thug, if not famous for being a thug. If you want to give him some other trait or an ability that would make him somewhat heroic for now (and a touch super perhaps?) but otherwise I just don't see what makes him significant to the team.

QuoteLet me know if this character works. I kept her small time, more of a notorious cat burglar than anything else. This can change though, as maybe she starts small time, but gets motivation to move on to something bigger.
Darkstryke is fine. When I put up the character thread and you're posting if you could move the non-superhuman elements from powers to skills or it would be ideal. Just to keep power & talent separate. Considering her small time but notorious nature would you be interested in her being the opening foe?

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 04, 2011, 04:24:21 PM
Hmm. On second thought, even though I absolutely hate the lack of support for my preferred art (for exactly the opposite reason that you'd think), I do think I'd like to join in. Less as a hero, and more as a minor villain, maybe backing up the other villain NPCs and PCs from time to time? If NileGoddess remembers Ms. Hyde, she knows the one I'm talking about. She's basically a pint-sized juggernaut. High levels of invulnerability and a little enhanced strength via tactile telekinesis, but not much else. Not a high level threat, but she has potential.
You certainly could, since there's such interest I've set up a character roster in the opening post, including a section for a few villains.

NileGoddess

Edited them here as well to streamline it.

I'm not sure how I feel about her being the opening foe. I understand the motivation for the game to start slowly, though. If you're looking for Darkstryke to become a more credible threat, she would need motivation. Otherwise, I was thinking she'd be more the type of person to be content with burglary. She's not really into taking over the world, unless maybe she's there as a hired hand.

Latooni Subota

Assuming you like my lower-tier villain, and she fits, I wouldn't mind if you want her to be the opening villain.

Primarch

Quote from: NileGoddess on October 04, 2011, 04:37:31 PM
Edited them here as well to streamline it.

I'm not sure how I feel about her being the opening foe. I understand the motivation for the game to start slowly, though. If you're looking for Darkstryke to become a more credible threat, she would need motivation. Otherwise, I was thinking she'd be more the type of person to be content with burglary. She's not really into taking over the world, unless maybe she's there as a hired hand.

Sure. If you'd like to plot some stuff for her you can PM me and we can work some stuff up.

DomShark

Primarch: Okay, I hear you. I had originally worked this character up for a "Superbad" parody thread, so I'll add some powers and rework the backstory a bit more. Also, the dogs function as low level NPCs (organic "Kill-Bots") when/if in battle. I'm still trying to get a sense for the setting I guess.

Primarch

Quote from: DomShark on October 04, 2011, 04:52:14 PM
Primarch: Okay, I hear you. I had originally worked this character up for a "Superbad" parody thread, so I'll add some powers and rework the backstory a bit more. Also, the dogs function as low level NPCs (organic "Kill-Bots") when/if in battle. I'm still trying to get a sense for the setting I guess.

The dogs are cool. The thread is more inspired by mainline Marvel/DC comics then Superbad or Kickass, a touch of the recent animated series like X-men Evolution or Justice League Unlimited. Even if not many of the heroes this far are your classic cape wearing heroes :P 

DomShark

Quote from: Primarch on October 04, 2011, 05:04:04 PM
The dogs are cool. The thread is more inspired by mainline Marvel/DC comics then Superbad or Kickass, a touch of the recent animated series like X-men Evolution or Justice League Unlimited. Even if not many of the heroes this far are your classic cape wearing heroes :P

Powers added.

If it's my compitency you're worried about I could PM a sample post. I wrote that up very late AM last night and it took a LONG time to make all those links work.

Primarch

Got no worries about your competency, just had a concern or two about the set up of the character and how he'd slot with the others. He seems fine, last point would be the end of his backstory. As I've stated with the others, each member of the eight came into themselves at the event in Paris. It gives a common event that brings the team together, something they all went through. Birth of a team and all that.

DomShark

Quote from: Primarch on October 04, 2011, 05:28:05 PM
Got no worries about your competency, just had a concern or two about the set up of the character and how he'd slot with the others. He seems fine, last point would be the end of his backstory. As I've stated with the others, each member of the eight came into themselves at the event in Paris. It gives a common event that brings the team together, something they all went through. Birth of a team and all that.

Oh! Paris, that was my misunderstanding. I thought that the Kill-Bot attack happened in Atlanta, I'll fix right away.

Primarch

Quote from: DomShark on October 04, 2011, 05:35:13 PM
Oh! Paris, that was my misunderstanding. I thought that the Kill-Bot attack happened in Atlanta, I'll fix right away.

Atlanta was when "Starman" arrived on the scene, Paris was the big event 20 years later, which had kill bots and a giant death ray from space and everyone getting their powers/becoming gadget-savvy smarty people.

MissFire

Edited in a little blurb about her being in Paris at the time of Starman's defeat to make her story mesh more with the background. Also made mention of some more equipment. Trying to emphasize the bird theme a little more.
    - Sima Yi

Latooni Subota

Got her done! Hope she's okay. She's like . . . a lame (but cute!) Juggernaut!

The Person

Name: Kotobuki Nana
Nationality: Japanese-American (First generation)
Day job: Student
Personality: Nana is . . . well . . not exactly the brightest bulb in socket. A solid C student, she always preferred the lazy life. Things like hanging out with friends at the movies, playing games and movies, and whatnot. She likes the finer things in life . .  but not enough to actually work towards getting them. She also tends to suffer a bit due to a healthy dose of Envy, and not enough Pride. Now that she's become . . more than human, she's become a bit less humble and a lot more reckless. If the easy way to get what you want involves punching through a door and stealing it, then that's just what she's gonna do. Still, in the end she's a follower, not a leader. She tends to let herself fall under the sway of anyone with enough looks, brains, or strength to really impress her.

Backstory: Kotobuki Nana is the youngest of three children, in an exceptionally strict family. Sadly, she's also the least impressive. Her older brother is a physical savant, mastering everything from boxing to football. Her older sister is a certified genius, graduating high school at fifteen, and well on her way to being a doctor. Unfortunately for Nana, she had neither the physical or mental gifts to keep up with her oh-so-perfect siblings. She always wished she had the powers of Starman, or the genius of the Iron General, to make her life easier.

As time went on, she began to see Starman as less and less of a hero. This mysterious guy just shows up, tosses cars around, and suddenly the world loves him? If anything she began to emphasize with the Iron General. He tried again and again, working harder and harder every time he failed. The day Starman finally fell, Nana was sure that she was the only one that cheered. Privately, of course. With the sudden appearance of EIGHT new heroes, and the defeat of the Iron General, Nana cried out in rage . . . And threw her TV through the wall.

Apparently, the world was a believer of fair play. Even though new heroes were born, she was granted power as well to try and oppose them! Well . . . after she stole some jewelry. And some new clothes. Oh, she needed a new TV too!

Appearance:

The Villain

Codename: Meteor
Powers: Nana's latent mutation awakened several of the unused portions of her brain, granting her psychic powers. Specifically, tactile telekinesis. Her subconscious mind surrounds her in an imperceptible telekinetic shield, protecting her from nearly all physical damage. Not only that, but her reflexive telekinesis also acts in a way that . .  effectively increases her strength. In reality, it's merely her mental powers applying force along with her punches, or what she's throwing. Nana is convinced that she gained super-strength and invulnerability though, not knowing the true nature of her powers, or it's side effects.

Weakness: Nana's reliance on her tactile telekinesis, over time, actually weakens the body as she relies on her powers rather than her muscles. Without realizing it, she's actually walking with her telekinesis now, rather than using her body. Not only that, but despite being a psychic, she actually has no resistance to mental attacks OR magic.

Skills: To be honest, she doesn't really have any unusual or exceptional skills.

Special Equipment: Likewise, she has no cool gadgets.

Costume: The girl hasn't really thought up much in the way of a costume. She's literally just using a large scarf to cover her face, over her usual clothes. She uh . . could really use a good tailor.

Primarch

She looks fine. I'll suggest you PM me some specifics on her powers (such as, how much can she lift with her tactile telekinesis? or what punishment would she have to take before her shield that protects her from *nearly* all physical damage) I say PM over posting here as it just may be more interesting the total abilities of the villains are a touch unknown. Makes things risky. Never know if the hero will save the day or get faceplanted for their efforts.

Latooni Subota

Primarch

Name: Johann Brannigan
Nationality: German
Day job: IT Consultant
Personality: Chase is generally considered to be pleasant and warm. Known to enjoy banter and the back and forth between friends. Although never a person to be considered a coward, since his powers have developed he has truly become courageous. He's also one for work hard-play hard, when the day is saved he'll be the first one to pull out the celebration drinks.
Backstory:
Johann's early life was terribly boring, he did everything everyone did and nothing nobody did. He was on the soccorteam for a while, did some hockey, karate, golf or tennis during the season. He did well enough in school but only his parents considered him extremely smart. He got up to mischief when he had the chance, running around chasing girls or sneaking a few drinks in a field or place generally out of view. He was for the most part content with his lot in life, although he always thought he'd have time for things he really wanted to do later on. He'd take up painting once he was in college, then when working. He'd learn guitar when he had more time. He never seemed to get that time. Or else he considered himself too old to start. In college he studied Computing and Software with a first class honours degree.

The most spontaneous thing he ever did was an impromptu trip to Paris. While in Paris he watched what he thought was going to be the world ending, he was no more then a few hundred feet away as Starman was about to be killed, until a reporter appeared on every screen in sight. The rest is history.

Appearance:

The Hero

Codename: Honour Guard
Powers:
Superman human attributes: Honour Guard is super strong, able to lift 15 tons reliable with his upper limit floating something above it, and has matching durability. He can run at forty miles an hour or fly at twice that, and his reflexes allow him to operate at such speeds perfectly comfortably.
Light/Heat Manipulation: Honour Guard is capable of projecting light and/or heat from his body, generally in the form of an aura from his person or beams. His light can get as bright as a car's headlights at full blast and his heat is hot enough to melt anything he can break with his strength.   
Weakness: Honour Guard's powers require him to take in heat on a relatively continual basis, if he's trapped in a cold environment (0°F or lower) his powers will start to fade as they first start to burn themselves out to keep him going. After about ten minutes his powers can be completely drained.
Skills: Aside from being a qualified IT consultant, since taking up the whole hero thing he's taken to learning kick boxing, wrestling & judo. He's got about eight months training.
Special Equipment: None
Costume:

Minus the 'S'

MissFire

- Sima Yi

Latooni Subota

DOes leaving big holes in walls from where you throw yourself through them, count as The Meteor's calling card? XD

Primarch

Sure could, and if you'd like her to be the opening villain she certainly could (unless people want to do that "prologue" against the Iron General?), I'll set up an OOC and Character sheet page tonight after my long day at college. ;_;
If interest continues at the rate it does we'll hopefully have the final members of the eight (next step, ponder team name!) and can start full blown IC.

Aybara

Thanks Primarch and I already got her permission in a PM and edited Militia's characters real name in before you said it.

I for one would be more than interested in doing the fight with the Iron General as that's the point when everyone's characters first interact.

DomShark

Team name ideas: "The Fallen Stars", "Fateful Eight", "Octopals", "Dark Redeemers", "Superstar Saviors", "Able Avengers", "Midnight Militia", "Chaos Creators".

Kate

The Person

Nationality: English
Nationality: Medical Research
Appearance: Very similar to Liv Tyler

Lifestyle

Currently she is on a good salary at a new Medical Research center involving gene therapy, when her focus is through a microscope she has noticed she can perform intricate changes which stun others working with her for her trials greatly aid creating potential cures her lab is hungry to provide the world. So far though these breakthroughs are many years away from human trials, regardless of their promise.
Still it is more than enough to have her career in the bag, for she is a dream team member ... not that any know why she has so many successes but sometimes successes speak for themselves, who cares about the answer to why something happened when what you can focus is an answer to something that others need enough to pay for.

The Hero

Powers:Telekinesis Mastery (she can move objects with her mind at a distance)
Weakness: No armor
Skills: Telekinesis Mastery, Surreal Painting, drawing
Costume : None

Background and Personality

Shae talks slowly and is incredibly kind to those she finds trustworthy. Shae has refined her abilities by having them constantly in practice. When not around bigots Shae will often be reading while her abilities see a perfectly crafted glass fairy somewhere in the room managing a humorous task one would expect a carefree fairy to do. Primarily she uses this as a practicing technique to control objects perfectly while keeping her primary attention focused on other things but has found it useful to entertain others.

The fairy she has at the moment has over a hundred separate pieces which stay together by Shaes mental abilities. Shae's mind is disciplined enough for it to keep it so while even is asleep, although the form will be subdued. If she is knocked unconscious or drugged however, the fairy's pieces will loose cohesion. If intricate dynamic behavior is not cared for, Shae can telekines' objects of considerable weight.

Shae abilities do extend to be able to cause others direct harm, so far though, luckily for her, she has avoided needing to. Using her skills to help others manage exotic materials in a laboratory or fathom more about the workings of nature of the mind or to help others or heal others is more her cup of tea.  However she will do what it takes if happiness of herself or others is at threat. As such, although naturally principal-led she is is no pacifist and would take up arms for good causes. Proving a cause is justified in doing so to her though ... may not be so easy.

CarnivorousBunny

Hm, I'm thinking about sending in a villain character of my own. Are you still accepting female villains?

I could make her a big-time criminal, but she will be more chaotic neutral than any sort of evil alignment.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Primarch

With the approval of Maelyn's character via PM (Watts) all positions of the Eight are filled. (Sorry Kate, if you'd like to redesign her as a villain you'd be welcome).

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on October 05, 2011, 10:54:28 AM
Hm, I'm thinking about sending in a villain character of my own. Are you still accepting female villains?
I could make her a big-time criminal, but she will be more chaotic neutral than any sort of evil alignment.

You'd be absolutely welcome.

Primarch

OOC is up

As is the Character page, approved peeps feel free to post up. ((Yo DomShark, just edit the end of his history and he'll be good to go))

Decrepitdan

Would you be willing to tinker with the idea of a villain whose power was superhuman luck?

I realize the idea isn't very common...but i'd be willing to work with whomever to make it be playable in this game.

I think some hard limits on it would be relatively simple. Any thing that happens as a result of the villains powers to another character would have to be agreed on out of game.

It would also not necessarily always work. Sometimes, even the luckiest luck out. I think these occasions could be determined by rolling some sort of dice in the OOC thread for a given encounter, if the die came up a given result...bad luck would be written in for the character.

Primarch

That would be easy enough actually. Take a look at Marvel Comics Domino, might give you an idea or two.

Decrepitdan

*grins* Alright. In what other ways would you suggest to add limitations to the power itself, so that it's fair?

And what sort of odds would you use on the die roll? It obviously can't be too long of odds, or it would never come up in a role play at all. I was thinking...a 10 percent chance of bad luck. 5 percent chance of a minor setback, 5 percent chance of a terrible setback. Determined by rolling either a 1 or a 20 a die 20 perhaps?

Primarch

Sure, you could do something like that, if you don't trust yourself to freeform it. :P

CarnivorousBunny

I'm thinking about creating a super villain that is a manifestation of negative energy.
This villain will be like a ghost/banshee that cannot be destroyed with brute strength, but that is only during her first growth stage. 
At first, she is only a nuisance, coming out at night while the host is asleep, breaking a few windows and petrifying a few people for a few hours.  Even if the heroes cannot hurt her, they don't mind too much because she does no real damage, but slowly this energy is becoming an entity, growing more powerful each night. 

What this battle would be is a race against the clock, trying to find out what the banshee is, then who it's spawning from, and how to finally stop her from reappearing before she becomes powerful enough to, say, drain peoples' life forces.

I'm also thinking that eventually the negative energy will fully consume the host if the heroes cannot find her in time.
OR maybe I could just jump to the end, and the clock has already stopped and the character is already a super villain.
my  o&o and a&a

Kate

ok will redesign her as a villy :)

Tomrrow ok ?

I will keep her code name as whisperer ... and that she is a telekinisies master.

Any other villy want to already know her ? / have had dealings with her in the past ?

rocknrolla

I'm in the process of creating mine; definitely up for meshing as that would add a nice, coherent ardour.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

CarnivorousBunny

The Person

Name: Margaret Abaya
Nationality: Filipino
Day job: Self-Employed pasty chief
Personality: Margaret has been described as a sweet, and intelligent girl.  She has a strong sense of duty, and has a tendency to want to please people, even at her own expense. There is no denying her simplicity.  She claims that she feels no need to make a name for herself in any field, as long as she has a roof over her head and food in her belly, she is says that she will be content with her life. 

One of the reasons Margaret became a pastry chief was because she enjoys putting smiles on people’s faces.  She also feels the constant need to create things.  Before she settled down in the kitchen she pursued sculpture, pottery and sewing.
Despite her compulsion to make people happy, there is something that people pick up on, something that keeps them from sticking around her for too long.

What people sense is Margaret’s other half: a detached, anti-social, and self-centered personality. If she could, she would live on her own, in a place without any human contact.  She tries to deny it, but in truth, Margaret is afraid of people. Somewhere deep inside her, under her quiet and timid consciousness is a festering resentment for the world and all the selfishness and greed in it.

Backstory: This hatred of hers did not come from hardships in life.  As a matter of fact, Margaret comes from a very rich family.  Her hate and distrust for people most likely spawned from her being raised in a very safe environment. 
When she saw what happened outside the safety of her own home, she was shocked and disgusted by the behavior of people: their apathy towards the environment, greed, racism, and every other ugly word you can think of.

Consciously, Margaret turned away from politics and tries to avoid watching news of current events because it only upsets her and aggravates the ugly twisty feeling inside her, but that is not the case when she goes to bed.

Once asleep, Margaret’s second personality is let loose to do as it pleases.  It started out as nothing more than an annoying ghost with no form, scaring people and simply making a lot of noise, but as time passed it seemed to grow stronger.  This ghost-like entity first became able to break brittle objects like glass and ceramics.  Then it gained the power to petrify people for a couple of hours, but the time of effect is getting longer and longer.

What was once a nuisance is now a threat.  The simple ghost has become a cruel banshee, with a singular purpose to destroy everything in it’s path, and with each night its rampages have been increasing in both intensity and duration, and the hours Margaret is fully conscious and awake seem to be getting shorter and shorter.
Appearance:

The Villain

Codename: The Wraith
Powers:
Ghost Form She cannot be harmed by physical attacks and cannot be contained by physical restrains, but she is also unable to inflict melee damage.
Banshee Wail A strong, ear splitting cry that can shatter glass. Splash damage.
Prettification The power to paralyze a person.  The duration of paralysis depends on the person’s will power.
Flight
Weakness: In its early stages, this ghost’s actions are chaotic and driven by pure anger and fury, making it weak against mental and telepathic powers.  It is easily distracted and duped.  Its level of power is directly proportional to Margaret’s mood and health, and can only manifest when Margaret is asleep.
Skills: Baking, pottery, analyzing human behavior, a sociopath's ability to lie and manipulate people.
Costume: None.  In this point in time, the Wraith has a more solid form and vaguely resembles Margaret, but the facial features still shift and swim in the air like smoke.  The wraith has no real definite body shape.
my  o&o and a&a

Kate

The Person

Job: Head of Fertility clinic
Appearance: Very similar to Liv Tyler

Lifestyle

Currently she heads a Fertility clinic that specializes in designer babies she quickly established after realizing when she focuses her powers through a microscope she can perform intricate gene changes to stem-cells which direct specific genes. Such blatant and direct use of human genes to the elevation of options to those with money is unethical to all who have any ethics at all.

Shae's ethics however depends on how much money her bank account can be lined with.

The Villian

Powers: Prodigious Telekinesis Mastery (she can manipulate matter her mind at a distance)
Weakness: No armor
Skills: Expert Medical knowledge concerning genes and stem cells, painting.

Background and Personality

Even placing her desire to milk while feeding the ambitions, elitism and vanity of rich people at the clinic aside, Shae has a dark soul set on becoming as black as pitch. For while fooling with a oougie board at a party once, in the attempt to scare those who were dealing with forces they did not understand,
she ... contacted something else. A true poltergeist, a truly powerful one.  But it wasnt something sort to play her game against her, it was a spirit that relates to her, loves her and choose to link its own poltergeist abilities to hers.   A spirit which is power hungry, proud and wanting to make a statement on this world, one her values have been changing to match. Weeks after doing so she had became more blatant with her own incredibly improved powers. Coupled with a good imagination and a belief she deserves to be more relevant than others, is a fast path to be proven right or wrong either way ... quickly.

Latooni Subota

This is for the guy that wants a luck-based Villain. With the power of luck, you too can be BATMAN! :O

supernatural dean is batman

Primarch

Right, KaylaM has stepped out so we have one hero spot open! First app in approvable condition gets it. (That includes you Kate, if you want to go back to hero which you are of course welcome to do. Just actually follow the template, no merging personality and backstory, and give me a figure on how much she can lift with her telekinesis, in tons please, or pounds if she can't lift a ton).

CarnivorousBunny

Is my villain in acceptable condition, or would you prefer an opponent that one could actually brawl with?
my  o&o and a&a

Altair1983

Im interested but im just wondering what criteria are you looking for  the other slots?

Primarch

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on October 06, 2011, 08:07:17 PM
Is my villain in acceptable condition, or would you prefer an opponent that one could actually brawl with?

Fine for the most part, just give her a weakness that's more of an achillies heal.

Quote from: Altair1983 on October 06, 2011, 08:24:05 PM
Im interested but im just wondering what criteria are you looking for  the other slots?

I'm not looking for anything specific, all I'd advise is that you use the currently approved characters and perhaps some notes I've pointed out to people to work out what's appropriate for the game.

CarnivorousBunny

my  o&o and a&a

Kate

so... happy to be a villion or the hero ...

which would help plot most ?

Primarch

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on October 07, 2011, 10:45:33 AM
Okie dokie, I edited it and I think it now has a big weakness

Looks good, go ahead and post it up.

Quote from: Kate on October 07, 2011, 12:59:08 PM
so... happy to be a villion or the hero ...
which would help plot most ?

Either are useful.

Miyu

Aybara

I think so but not entirely a hundred percent sure, no harm in putting something up if I am wrong!

Miyu

I will rather wait and see for primach to tell me hehe I done a few profiles only to be neglected because they were full lol

Maelyn

Last I heard, Primarch said the next approvable hero would get the slot, though I'm not sure if he's gotten anything via PM.  I think Kate was considering going back to hero or might stay villain and Altair mentioned an interest as well.
There are other positions, if you're interested.  Journalists, villains, etc. 

Miyu

*Shrugs* who knows hehehe I don't have a hurry I can wait for him ^^

Aybara

Well hopefully we will see you in the game either way as hero or villain!

Primarch

I've got nothing via PM, and a female hero would still be welcome.

Latooni Subota

When Miyu wakes up, I'm sure she'll be more than happy to make a hero. :x

Primarch

From this point on, I will say interested parties to please post the character apps here, as opposed to PMing it to me. I'd just rather people be able to see if a very good character is already in before sitting down to write it up. So I'm stating it now, apps sent to me via PM will just be directed here.

Thanks

Miyu

The Person

Name: Elizabeth Johnson
Day job: Massage Therapist
Personality: She is a firecracker with people that knows her, she tends to be very friendly to all those who would be silly enough to be her friend. She loves having fun and sometimes she acts like a little girl but it is always in good fun.  However to those that don't know her she could be rather scary because of the way she dresses. She believes that the truth always comes out and those who tell her the truth, even if it hurts she would befriend forever.
Backstory: She was born in Texas, ever since she was little she was always fascinated with music and dancing, those were the only things she could do very well. On her teens she became fascinated with rock, especially metal and she often sang at a local club. Having a amazing voice helped her a lot and people seemed to like how she sang. It was then when she discovered something, she was special, she could make people see illusions with only looking at them, the illusions became real to a person if they believed it. It all came to a sudden discovery when the hero of the city was almost beaten down, something inside of her stirred as he asked for help and her powers became flowing out as she did. The discovery of this power made her rethink of continuing her pursue on music or even go to collage. She instead became a bit more dark and decided to dress as a goth thinking people would be afraid of her and she would not hurt them.

It was then where she started practicing martial arts in order to be able to defend herself against anybody. She also continued to practice her eyes power and actually managed to take control of it and only activate it when she wanted to activate it. She practiced everything from martial arts to how to battle with weapons, at the end she was satisfied with her training and tried to get back to her life by becoming a massage therapist. She remains on the low trying her best to help those that are in need although becoming a rumor in town, a mere whisper of people that had seen their worst fears come to life most of them ended up in a hospital or in a mental institution for it, all of them criminals.
Appearance:

The Hero

Codename: Lullaby
Powers:
1- Illusion Eyes- She only needs to look at a person to make that person see the illusions she wants them to see. The illusions are not dangerous if the person does not believe in them, however if they do the illusions can actually hurt people.
2- Dream Voice- If she sings she can make people around her fall asleep. She can make a lot of people fall asleep from a small party to a big stadium if her voice is heard by some means.

Weakness:
1- If the person does not believe the illusion they can break the hold from it, she needs to see them eye to eye to make them fall back into her trance however it will be more difficult since they know it is a illusion. ( http://mybarrio.net/media/feedgator/images/monthly/2011/09/19_0_what.jpg)
2- Gag her and her powers are gone, be sure to make her unable to speak and she cannot do anything.
Skills:
Self defense- She knows how to fight and she spent a lot of years perfecting it.
Weapon specialist- She knows how to use firearms and melee weapons, and she is very good at it.
Cooking- She knows how to cook, she is very good at it and people often wants more

Special Equipment:
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/696/falconblademc0.jpg A double bladed sword who its rather large, it can be compacted to fit on her belt but once she takes it out she can extend it to its full size.
Costume:
None so far since nobody has been able to see her, she sings as she goes out making everybody go to sleep before they have a chance to see her.

rocknrolla

Here's the villain profile - 'tis absolutely tweaka-doodle doo, so let me know if any changes are required!

The Person

Jack Thorn

Name: Jack Thorn

Day job: None (See Backstory)

Personality: When Jack grew up, he realized one thing very quickly; it was easier to steal than it was to rightfully earn. His traits began with violence and ended on warmongering. A mountain of a man, Jack knew he was the product of his environment, given how the young man killed his parents in a drug fuelled frenzy, and sent to the juveniles offenders institution. What he lost in common sense, he made up with intelligence in years to come. Driven, angry and greedy the man is a political mastermind, who knows how to add one and one together, and come up with eleven instead of two.

Backstory:

Jack Thorn was a result of binge drinking and loose morals on the side of his mum, and an overtly adventurous spirit on the side of his father. Having married one another right after the mother got pregnant, Jack remembered seeing them split and get together again for a lot of times before the young boy lost all interest in them, and focused on doing what he developed a fascination for then; sadism.

He enjoyed catching little animals and putting them through a world of hurt, even in school he was the bully who towered over all others and continued hunting even after scolding by his teachers. It wasn’t until he was fourteen – when Starman first made his appearance – did his life change forever. Held after school for detention, Jack raped the nubile, little thing of a teacher who was supposed to look after him. By the time the authorities arrested the young boy, his parents came to visit him... and whilst the police blamed the judge with the judge blaming the local sheriff – the child was allowed to be with his parents for a few hours until he can be officially arrested. During this time Jack killed both his mother and father, and was restrained by several officers who arrived on the scene of crime. Jack was given four consecutive life sentences, two for each murder.

It wasn’t until twenty years later when similar rage set in and Iron General was defeated. Jack gave in to the rage and killed every inmate and officer he can put his hands on... and escaped the penitentiary, with powers he knew he would glad use to share the late Iron General’s crown.

The Villain

Hammer Thorn

Codename: Hammer Thorn

Powers: Hammer Thorn can grow up to fifteen feet in size when the rage sets in. He would need time to harness this strength after his escape from the prison. The Villain can grab a trawler truck in each hand and toss them for up to a hundred meters (up to sixty tonnes and not simultaneously), he can knock holes into skyscrapers and punch fists through them but cannot actually dislodge an entire building from bottom up, unless ‘tis a house or a very small building.

Hammer Thorn can take constant fire/ordnance (think three squads of twenty five troopers each) for up to seven minutes (added altogether or continuous) before weakening and running away. Later on (six months down the line after Starman has fallen) he will develop a breast plate covering all of his back and front, helmet, crotch guard and a shield that would help him absorb the damage, therefore turning seven minutes into twenty minutes of constant ordnance/impact damage.

Weakness: Hammer Thorn is vulnerable behind the head and between the legs... literally. If the villain is hit constantly on the back of his head, he can be stunned for over five seconds with a constant drain on his powers, therefore reducing his size. Same applies to being kicked in the balls.

Skills:

Violence, warmongering and politics – the man is a brute through and through without relying on any other skills.

Special Equipment:

Breast plate, helmet, shield and a crotch guard he will use LATER and not in the first few engagements. (I have no idea in regards to the alloy that he can use; this is something I will need help for once the character is approved.)

Costume:

(As seen in the picture).

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Primarch

Lullaby looks ideal, with the exception of when/how her powers developed. Like all the others, it would be great if you could edit the history so she, like the others got her powers during the battle depicted in the OP.

Thorn is also almost ideal, but for his strength if you could give me a rough number (again in tons) it would clear up his level of strength, for normal instances and certainly so we know how a wrestling match between himself and one of the other physical strong chaps would go.

Miyu

MissFire

- Sima Yi

Primarch

Just to give you a helping hand, the characters all got their powers when they saw Starman getting beat up in Paris, and then jumped in to fight the Iron General. Include that and you're good to go. I'll reserve the spot for you, since its basically good to go.

Quote from: MissFire on October 08, 2011, 05:09:54 PM
Lullaby is super sexy. <3

I agree. We have a very sexy list of characters. It is a shame Red Fury is gone, she was tres hot, but at least we got someone nice to replace.

rocknrolla

Since trawlers are between 50-100 tonnes, I've put his strength around 60. Let me know what you think!

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Miyu

Primarch

Quote from: Miyu on October 08, 2011, 05:18:27 PM
so am I accepted?

Sure, just change "inside of her stirred as he asked for help" to "when the reporter asked for help" when you're posting it. Just a minor detail.

Hammer is also good to go.

rocknrolla

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Primarch

Right, back to all eight. I'm hanging with some friends at the moment, but will try set up one of the IC's when they leave.

Keala Mensha Khaine

Hmm...just submitting! Might edit a little bit but overall hope it is acceptable xD

The Person

Name: James Schoenberger

Nationality: German

Day job: James works as a chemist for a large pharmaceutical company which is perfect for him because the company offers him access to equipment and supplies he normally would not have access to.

Personality: James has grown much since his transformation, becoming more confident as he has become stronger and faster. He still seems aloof or overly worried to his coworkers at times as his mind wanders with his plots to obtain more DNA to feed his addiction and sustain his life.

Backstory: James grew up as a brilliant but troubled child. He was never the most popular, the strongest, the fastest...the best at anything really. Other then school. He always had a brilliant mind, but unfortunately for him, this only made him more of a target for bullying on top of all his other short comings. This only pushed him further and further into his studies, alienating him from the world for much of his life. He would go on to excel in school and the universities, becoming a brilliant chemist and biological engineer...but none of this would remove his self image issues gained from his childhood.

Much of his work was spent towards his secret goal; making himself into something he was not. James spend long hours working on chemicals that would enhance not human kind...but himself. He longed to be accepted and show the world he was more than just a awkward genius. After nearly 10 years of work...he had yet to have success.

And then it happened... Help him. James heard it. Fate was speaking to him, it had to be. James was in Paris consulting with a pharmaceutical company when the most pivotal battle in history was taking place. As he watched the video feed, he saw the hero Starman broken and bloody, struggling against his arch-nemesis, The Iron General. The Iron General landed a blow against Starman, blood spitting from his mouth as he recovered to block the next attack. The blood! Of course! It was what was missing... and now he had the perfect chance to obtain a sample of the hero's DNA and discover it's secrets. If he were able to obtain some of the hero's genetic material, he would be able to analyze it and discover what made him so much more than a mortal man. James had made his way to the scene of the battle, waiting anxiously for his chance to enter the scene and search for what he hoped would be the missing piece of his puzzle. He waited for the battle to end...watching in awe and jealousy at the new heroes as they battled The Iron General, until finally the day was won...and then he made his move. Wearing a chemical suit, he approached the military blockade, showing his ID and credentials, telling them he needed access immediately to make sure there was no chemical or radioactive residue left to cause further harm...and it worked. Quickly and excitedly, he rushed his way towards the epicenter of the battle...to where Starman had been struck down, where he would have died were it not for the new heroes...and he found what he was looking for.

James returned to his lab, anxious to discover the secrets of Starman's blood. Nearly a year passed and he had yet to unlock the knowledge he desired, and then one day...his life changed forever. With one of the last remaining sample of Starman's blood, he unlocked the secrets of the hero's DNA.  Not willing to wait any longer, James plunged syringe with a chemical specially enhanced with Starman's blood into his veins and awaited his transformation. The transformation was not instant...nor was it pleasant. Over the course of a week, his body transformed agonizingly slow, his bones breaking and reforming, his muscles tearing and stretching as the hero's blood worked to enhance his weak frame, making him stronger and faster than any normal man. He was disappointed to find out he did not possess the powers of Starman...but was more than happy with the enhancements he did possess...until he discovered the drawback: The power was addicting...and it was only temporary.

As they days went by, he found that his body was starting to breakdown, to weaken as the chemical started to break down in his body, causing him intense pain. They only thing that caused the pain to go away, was to administer another injection...and he had precious few doses left. He would need to obtain more DNA from the hero's of the world before his supply ran out...thankfully the world seemed to provide him with some new sources of power...

Appearance:

The Villain

Codename: Pestilence

Powers: Pestilence can produce a noxious cloud of poison fog that surrounds him, outright killing lesser people and even blurring the vision and causing nausea to the more formidable opponents. The cocktail of chemicals and hero's DNA has made his body extremely tolerant to most chemicals and toxins, as well as has made him more resistant to pain, able to ignore blows that would leave normal people writhing in agony and incapacitated. His enhanced body is more efficient and can survive through trauma and immense blood loss, allowing him to function still when others would be on the verge of death. His body also heals at an advanced rate and is able to keep itself going long enough to repair major trauma, but such an effort is extremely painful and draining to him. Due to his continued chemical injections, he still remains quite strong and fast. The more of the chemicals he injects, the stronger and faster he becomes...but at a price.

Weakness: After injecting himself with the chemical cocktail mixed with Starman's blood, his body became extremely dependant on it to stay alive. Without injecting himself every few days, his body starts to fall apart. If he exerts himself strongly, the chemicals burn out faster, making his need to 'refresh' his injections come much sooner. And the only source to make more of the needed chemicals is not always the easiest to obtain.

Special Equipment: Pestilence wears a specially designed suit that protects him from the toxic environment that surrounds him, as well as from a good portion of physical harm directed his way. The suit also further enhances his strength at the cost of movement. Often times he will carry with him a flamethrower or chemical sprayer as well as chemical grenades.

Costume:

Kate

The Person

Job: Head of Fertility clinic
Personality: Open minded but aloof, self-centered. Arragant.

Backstory:

Currently she heads a Fertility clinic that specializes in designer babies, such blatant and direct use of human genes to the elevation of options to those with money is unethical to all who have any ethics. Shae's ethics however depends on how much money her bank account can be lined with.

Even placing her desire to milk while feeding the ambitions, elitism and vanity of rich people at the clinic aside, Shae has a dark soul set on becoming as black as pitch. For while fooling with a oougie board at a party once, in the attempt to scare those who were dealing with forces they did not understand,  she ... contacted something else. A true poltergeist, a truly powerful one.  But it wasnt something sort to play her game against her, it was a spirit that relates to her, loves her and choose to link its own poltergeist abilities to hers.   A spirit which is power hungry, proud and wanting to make a statement on this world, one her values have been changing to match. Weeks after doing so she had became more blatant with her own incredibly improved powers. Coupled with a good imagination and a belief she deserves to be more relevant than others, is a fast path to be proven right or wrong either way ... quickly.

Appearance:

The Villian

Powers: Prodigious Telekinesis Mastery (she can manipulate matter her mind at a distance). She can lift roughly ten tonnes at once with this power, but her true ability is not how much she can lift but the level of precision she can manage effects.
Weakness:

When nearby the site of a murder due to jealousy she can be flooded by emotions present by any lingering spirits still haunted by their untimely departure. It doesn't matter how much time has past, only the strength of betrayal of love that directs this influence. This effectively can make her insane while unwittingly channeling a re-inactment of what so scared any unearthly presence plagued by its love crossed path. (Ie the storyteller god-modes her in such circumstances)

Skills: Can sense spirits, sometimes see them.

Primarch

To both Kate & Keala, nothing that wouldn't happen in the real world until the final Starman/Iron General fight depicted in the OP. That was when all Player Character power manifestation happened, be it gaining super strength or an intellect that can do things real world genius can't. Also Kate, how much can Whisper lift with her TK? And she'll need a weakness. No armour isn't a weakness when she can make a telekinetic shield. Keala, more details on his physical enhancements please. Having a high pain threshold wouldn't allow someone to shrug off generally lethal blows, that's more durability. A high pain threshold would allow him to just tolerate the pain, but a lethal injury is still lethal.

Also The Prologue is up! So jump on in heroes! Approved villains are also encouraged to set up their own threads of shenanigans, or you can contact me to plot something if a straight up "I'm getting up to mischief and get confronted by a hero/some heroes/the whole team" thread won't really work.

Major Major

Hey, ah, I was wondering if any villain roles were free? I had an idea for one drawn up in my head, like.

Primarch

@Keala, the manner in which he obtained Starman's DNA is unlikely. It would have meant he would have had to travel to the location where the fight was taking place (Paris) and make his way beyond the military/security blockade, get the sample and exit without anyone witnessing it. It would be a lot easier to go with something to the effect of "moments after hearing the plea for help it all occurred to him, and he renewed his work with great vigour." Unless I've missed something it doesn't look like the pain threshold/durability point has been addressed.

@Kate, TK levels are fine. Her weakness, while interesting isn't particularly appropriate, something that could be used against her would be more suitable. Such as Thorn Hammer's weak spots, Pestilence's powers burn out during a fight, Honour Guard can be frozen to remove his powers, etc.

@Major Major, Absolutely. I'd advise you scan over some of the responses to apps that have already been approved/been edit to approval so you'll know some of the points to avoid. But you'd be welcome aboard!

Keala Mensha Khaine

Hmmm...how about now? Think I have addressed both issues further! Tell me what you think? And thanks too!

Major Major

Apologies for the big image

The Person

Name: Alex Mossman
Nationality: New Zealander
Day job: Bicycle Courier
Personality: Comes across as being fairly quiet and unassuming, even slightly autistic, most of the time, but is actually a real Adrenaline Junkie and thrill seeker.
Backstory:
Most villains would tell incredably grandiose lies about their backgrounds and such, about how they were abused by their parents or some other nonsense. Alex Mossman wouldn't insult you in that way. Born to an unassuming middle class family (mother a nurse, father a factory worker), he drifted through life mostly, being an average student at school. After graduating, he bought a bicycle and became a courier, which also helped him to lose a fair bit of weight.

When he gained his powers (how he did so is still unclear to him, as he was more than a bit drunk at the time), he decided to have some fun with them.

Appearance:

The Villain

Codename: Head Case
Powers:
- Telepath: he is able to read any one person's mind within a radius of 60 feet of himself. Is also able to read multiple minds, but the range halves for each extra mind he reads
- Psychic Shield: he is  abl to maintain a reasonably strong psychic shield for himself and ONE other person.

Weakness:
-Personal Moral Code: Alex is only interested in the Adrenaline Rush of performing criminal activities, so he does all he can to avoid hurting anyone in his crimes. If under any circumstances someone was in fact hurt or even killed in one of his heists, he'd go into a state of near-catatonic shock.
-Is also very poor at actually fighting. His psionic powers also are average, at best.
-Primary Weakness: Sonic Attacks; they are are cripplingly painful to him.

Skills: Excellent bicyclist and very fit
Special Equipment: one bicycle with a pillion seat.
Costume: Baseball cap, sunglasses, silk scarf (To hide his identity); leather jacket, jeans and sneakers. In effect, the sort of outfit that can be assembled cheaply.

Latooni Subota

Is that another Loser Villain, like Miss Meteor? They should team up and be terrible at heists together! :D

Primarch

Only thing I'll say is that his powers are very similar to one of the heroes, and while I know its impossible for everyone to be totally unique, I don't like the idea of one character stepping on the toes of another like this. Is there anything else you might consider power-wise?

Major Major

It's more that he actually does successfully pull of the heists, he just leaves the loot somewhere nearby for the cops to pick up; as I said, he's in it more for the thrill of pulling off the heists rather than the actual larceny.

@Primach: Well, is there anythign you might suggest?

EDIT: Hold on, I think I have an idea....

EDIT 2: How's that then, boss?

Primarch

The powers themselves are fine, just give a little detail on what he can do with them.

As for Pestilence, backstory is fine. As for the pain threshold/durability thing. Revisit my first response and take another look. Just to differentiate the different between his ability to handle pain and tolerate lethal injury.

Major Major

Keala Mensha Khaine

Quote from: Primarch on October 10, 2011, 06:01:33 PM
The powers themselves are fine, just give a little detail on what he can do with them.

As for Pestilence, backstory is fine. As for the pain threshold/durability thing. Revisit my first response and take another look. Just to differentiate the different between his ability to handle pain and tolerate lethal injury.

I think I got what you mean. I was wanting him to not be like crazy immune, just...well, tough. As in he would be hurt by things, but be able to just fight through it long enough to be able to get to a place he can recover. With the injections his body can repair itself quickly and keep him alive, rapidly repairing what would normally be lethal damage, although the effort to repair such grievous wounds would drain his powers quickly and he would need to juice up again, if that makes sense? Or should I just word it different in the bio?

Primarch

@Major, powers are fine. Any character that's superhuman needs a superhuman weakness however. Apologies for not mentioning so last night, wasn't a touch under the weather and not at my a-game.

@Keala, Re-word it in the bio please. For the benefit of those who'll be looking at the character page to find out other characters abilities/how they work.

Major Major

No problems, Boss; I added a crippling weakness to Sonic Attacks, will that do?

Kate

my last character profile has been addressed to meet the latest desires

is she approved ?

Urbanzorro

If the slot is still open here's an application for the detective on the case ;D

The Person

Name: David Van-Alden
Nationality: North America(United States) with some European descent
Day job: Private Detective
Personality:
Though the years have been kind to David's body, they have been considerably less so to his life in general. And his personality is a direct representation of that fact. David is normally very guarded in his interactions with others. It takes time for him to let others become important to him, if he ever does at all, and he tends to always assume the worst of others before the best.
Backstory:

For the greater part of David's early life he was relatively blessed. He grew up in a loving family with his younger bother James and was raised by both his mother and father who each loved their children and each other. He made average grades in school, displayed a decent amount of natural talent towards sports, and also showed an above average love and talent for puzzles, riddles, and mysteries. In fact the family used to joke that he would always know the end of any mystery movie the watched before it happened.

When he made it to high school David tried out for and made the football team, earning himself the position of 1st string full back by his sophomore year. It was during this year that he met the person who would genuinely change his life...

Alice, she was a cheerleader for his home town's private school, and one Friday his team and her's were set to play one another in support of the local battered women's shelter . The moment he laid eyes on here something deep inside him told him that she was important. Maybe not to the rest of the world but most definitely to him! He played his heart out that game. Doing his best to be as impressive as possible, and for the most part succeeding. At the end of the game he managed to get to her and introduce himself. He told her that he thought she was amazingly beautiful and would love to go out with her. She told him "maybe next time."

Up until now David had never been one to push issues or to try and take part in a lost cause. But for what ever reason he just couldn't give this one up. And so it was, that one week later he tried again. This time appearing at her school after practice and asking her once again to give him a shot. To which she said this time with a blush and a smile, "maybe next time."

All in all it took three more times before she said yes, but that didn't bother David. In his eyes she was very much worth it. After their first date it was obvious to both of them that this was something more than what they'd experienced before. And within weeks they were very much 'a thing.' By the end of high school they were a very committed relationship with neither party planning to leave the other.

They went to the same college, David on a small football scholarship and Alice on a mixture of academics and her parent's savings for her college. Another four years after that they were engaged and preparing to graduate. Him with a degree in general studies and her with a bachelor's in business.

The next few years were tough. But the hard times brought them closer rather than apart. They worked hard, loved well, and despite the odds made it though.  It was in 2008 that things really took off well for them when James gave David a call and invited him to become a partner in his business. David, who was unhappy with his office job anyways, agreed. And so, under the advice of Alice, James' small bail bonds business became the Two Brothers Detective Agency. Between David and James' ability to solve the cases and Alice's ability to literally work miracles with the finances they were doing great. They even got themselves in the paper once when they managed to locate a man's Lamborghini after the police had all but given up on the case.

It was this small amount of fame that led to them being approached in the early spring of 2011 by the woman who would turn out to be the last client they would ever have. She was a middle aged woman and she'd lost something much more precious then a fancy car.... she'd lost her daughter. But lost wasn't the right word, her daughter had been taken. As soon as they'd heard the details both James and David had insisted that the woman should take this to the police as they only specialized in missing property cases. But the woman told them that she already had taken it to the police and that they had simply told her that everything they could do was being done. She was desperate she'd insisted,  she'd pay any price they asked. A silent nod from Alice, who had been standing behind the woman as she told David and James her problem, was all the discussion any of them needed... the Two Brothers were on the case!

It took them almost an entire year of near round the clock work, of denying every other case. But eventually they managed to piece together the clues, to follow the trail and to figure out where the girl would be. She was just another victim in a very well hidden human trafficking ring, one that they had no solid proof of but that they knew existed none the less. And so, they planned what they would do...

Even though there was no doubt in their minds, they'd still need to confirm her location before they could get the police to do anything. So they'd approach the location, they'd get eyes on the girl, call the police, get the girl the hell out, and then run towards the cavalry.

It was a simple enough plan and it would have worked well except for one fact. They day they made their move was also the day a star fell to earth. As Starman battled the Iron General David and James sneaked into the abandoned factory that the traffickers were using. They made it relatively close before they were spotted by the guards. There were gunshots as the two men fought back against the four monsters guarding the three children. They managed to bring down the guards and get the children out, even as other members of the trafficking group who were in the factory moved to see what was going on.

They got to their car, they made their run for the office. As a large SUV exited the factory and gave chase David drove, James did his best to calm the children, and Alice called the police from her cell phone, who would arrive as soon as they could. But what they really needed was Starman, except Starman was busy fighting for the future of the world, and his very survival.... Despite his best efforts David couldn't lose the vehicle pursuing them and the three would be heroes found themselves cornered at their office. This time there were eight of the bastards, and they had machine guns. It was one hell of a fight, one that the world would never see....

For David it ended with eight dead criminals, a dead brother, three live children, and one dying wife.

Ever since that day David has spent most of his time in the bottle, preferably a bottle of brandy, climbing out only long enough to take on the occasional case in order to get the funds to spend more time in the bottle. He heard about the new heroes, how they'd saved the day, and honestly didn't care. He didn't blame them, or Starman, or even the Iron General. There was no one to blame, those who had been at fault were either dead or in jail and he was simply what was left.

It was during one of his relatively dry stretches that a man had come into the Two Brothers office and offered him 'the job of a lifetime with the payoff of your dreams.'  David had had half a mind to throw the guy out but he'd listened anyways... Apparently the man worked for someone else and this someone was very interested in the heroes and villains that had been springing up. Specifically who they were underneath their masks. And he was offering quite a large amount for the answers. Enough for David to never need to climb out of the bottle again. After a short amount of thought David decided 'what the hell' and agreed.

Appearance:

No Villain...But Not A Hero

Codename: None
Powers: None
Weakness:
Just A Man: David is just a man. He's in very good shape but he still suffers from all the frailty that comes with it.
Skills:
Expert Shot: David has always had very good aim, it doesn't matter if its with one hand or the other, with a pistol or a rifle. David can almost always put the bullet where he wants it to be.
Thinking on The Fly Just something that years of experience at talking his way into and out of places has given him. David has a talent for coming up with a new plan within seconds of the original plan going down in flames.
Expert Forger Fake press I.D.s, fake police badges, even fake checks. David is good at making them all. While they would never really stand up to any kind of examination by an expert they are more than good enough to fool a causal observer or someone who simply doesn't have much time to look at them.
Good With Locks: David is good at opening things he doesn't have the keys to
Eye for Details He's good at noticing the small things that most people over look, its what helps him crack his cases and even when the booze hits its still there.
Special Equipment:
The Incidental Funds: Who ever has hired him really wants to make sure that David is able to do his job. And as such they've supplied David with a large up front payment that has allowed him to gather the tools he knows he's going to need as well as to have a little left in case anything pops up.
Mateba Model 6 Unica: A semi-automatic revolver, one of only a few such models ever produced. The Mateba Mo. 6 uses the recoil from firing to rotate the cylinder and cock the hammer allowing the next shot to be fired. The Mateba is barreled to fire the .454 Casull caliber cartridge... David always found the weapon to be very cool. Even though he previously could not afford it. He hopes that, should he ever need to use it against one of the 'supes,' it won't let him down.
Lock Pick Tools: His own custom set of lock pick tools. David has kept them in excellent shape since he first got them many years ago.
Tactical Body Amror The very best he could get, even though he's not sure if it would do much good against some people who might try to kill or hurt him.
Depleted Uranium Rounds David managed to purchase three dozen of these rounds, they are designed to penetrate even the most powerful body armor as if it wasn't even there. He's hoping that, should any of the more powerful 'supes' ever try to hurt him, these rounds will allow him to "hit back". 
Costume:
None though he's not above the occasional disguise to allow him to get into somewhere he shouldn't be.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

@Keala, approved.

@Kate, A superhuman weakness for superhuman characters. Something other people can use/work with against her. Then you'll be good to go.

@Major, I'm going to deny the depleted uranium bullets. Beating the badguys isn't the Detective's job, he's just a regular joe. Otherwise seems fine.

Major Major

Primarch

Major Major

Urbanzorro

I've got no problem with that, want me to edit them out? Or will you just do that when putting him up on the character page?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

Go ahead and post him up on the character page, just take those out.

Primarch

Scarie187

The Person

Name: Alastair Kreed
Nationality:French
Day job: Politican/Scientist
Personality: cold, vein, superiority complex, arrogant
Backstory: Alastair Kreed was born in Toulouse France in 1828 to the Jon Pierre and Camillie Kreed. His father's job was as an ambassador of the French Government which resulted in Alastair moving from place to place allowing him to get an early understanding of the world.

At the age of 8 Alastair would contract a disease so rare that only he and one other person has ever been known to have it. The disease merely named "Bronns Syndrome" drove the other man to suicide, or so legend says. Yet Alastair was determined not to let it beat him. Bronns Syndrome dried the skin and gave it the appearance as if it was decaying and made it painful for him to touch nearly any other thing. Yet at the same time the syndrome seemed to slow his aging and despite the fact that on the outside his skin was rotting, his hair was falling out, his pupils were whiting out, inside his internal immune system and organs were in pristine condition. In fact the boy would learn that outside of touching things he didn't stay injured or hurt for to long and that his body healed him quickly.

Unsure on how to keep him safe his parents kept him sequestered in their many manor homes. There Alastair would spend most of his time reading and studying and getting smarter. Ultimately Alastair would end up in the French territory of New Caledonia. He would live most of his life their and his parents would finally find a Chinese physician who used a series of silks and oils to create clothes that he could wear practically pain free. Alastair would have to be completely covered from head to toe but he would be able to see the world.

The world would view Alastair as a freak and look at him with disdain but in response he would use his parents title and demand respect from the people. He would command the people to obey him and to respect him. He would be given such respect until his parents died. No longer the son of an ambassador his respect would demising and he would return to his homeland of France to reside in his parents estate.

For many years Alastair would practice in secret science that was much more ahead of his time. Learning and grasping concepts that millions wouldn't grasps for years. He decided to demonstrate this ability shortly after the US dropped atomic bombs on Japan. He claimed that he could generate a "power shield" that could repeal any sort of attack. Uninterested many countries passed him by. It was only by returning to New Caledonia that he would garnish any support. In 1951 the Japanese and his island home would test his "Power shield" in secret by dropping an atomic bomb that they developed on their own on the tiny nation. The shield held and saved 80% of the island, Alastair decided that the 20% was an acceptable loss.

The power he generated was from what would later be known as Anti-Matter, Alastair would come to understand this power in ways that vastly surpass that of modern science. He would use this power to create weapons and seize power from the government of New Caledonia installing himself as "Prime Minster." Yet he would not stop there he wanted to fix the world to cleanse it to make it a new. He had seen the flaws but a power as pure as anti-matter could clean that all up.

Kreed would launch of series of attacks on the nearby island nations stealing their resources and seizing power for himself. It was only when Starman arrived that he would be stopped by the man himself. Sent back to New Caledonia Kreed swore vengeance. The two would battle from time to time but Kreed always ended on the short end.

It was only in the earlier months of 2009 when the Iron General would reach out to him. The man proposed a deal. The Iron General would design weapons in exchange for a unlimited power source. They would use their science to crush the Iron General. It took years to master mind but working together not only did Kreed provide a working power source for the Iron Generals machines but Iron General taught him about robotics.

In 2011 Kreed watched closely witnessing the power of his anti-matter and the genius of the Iron General and finally when it seemed as if all their work was going to pay off. Everything failed... and he was back to the drawing board.

Appearance:

The Villain

(His mask would be black and sometimes he'd wear a cape)

Codename: Kreed
Powers: Bronns Syndrome is his only power allowing him to heal rapidly, and to age slowly, this allows him to fight longer.
Weakness: Bronns Syndrome is also his greatest weakness if anything touches his bare skin it literally causes him great pain.
Skills: Kreed is scientifically ahead of most countries and has an advanced understanding of most technology. He has had decades to practice in different forms of combat and strategy.
Special Equipment:
Black Helmet/Face Mask, Its been a long time since his childhood and technology has come a long way. Kreed wear a helmet/facemask that covers his head completely keeping it safe from anything that may touch his face. The helmet comes with all sorts of technology that he can utilize on the fly including noise dampeners, sound amplifiers, different vision modes, an onboard computer ect..

Anti-Matter Weapons, from small bombs, to weapons powered by the power source Kreed carries all sorts of unique weapons.

Power Shield, a personal shield that he can put around his body to protect him from all sorts of attacks.

CostumeKreed is completely covered at all times. He usually wears a series of gloves, boots, and other coverings for his skin.

A top everything he wears a black helmet which protects him and brings him vital information.

Kreed wears a black pair of pants, black shirt and or jacket, with sometimes a dark green cape, or dark green robe over his clothes. Strapped his back, legs, and waist Kreed usually has his different assortment of weapons.

Interesting Fact:Due to Bronns Syndrome Kreed has lost how it feels to be human since he hasn't had skin to skin contact for decades. He has lost his connection to humanity and grown increasingly cold. Starman once theorized that restoring his ability to make physical contact with people may restore his humanity.

Scarie187

I hope my character is approved, I'm also interested in creating a hero.

Ramael

My curiosity is prooked. What do you need, villains or heroes? It seems you have all the heroes you need...

Maelyn

We actually need 2 heroes at the moment, so feel free to post a profile for consideration. :)

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Ramael on October 13, 2011, 05:23:48 AM
My curiosity is prooked. What do you need, villains or heroes? It seems you have all the heroes you need...

Even if all the slots for super villains seem to be filled, he's still accepting.  The more the merrier.
my  o&o and a&a

Ramael

Okie doke. I'll have a browse through this thread and the prologue for plotjuice, then get to work on a hero, although I'm also open to a villain if the need ever arises. I hope you haven't filled your quota of foreign heroes, because I as the rainy isle minority will probably make a British character, as I feel the need to do whenever I see a team of Americans. :D

Just saw the Bunny's post - I'll start on a character, but will refrain from making him either a hero or a villain until I hear from the OP.

Aybara

They do have a Yorkshirite but he's from a wibbly wobbly alternate dimension.

Ramael

Haha. I checked him out. Hilarious. Great concept.

I have a character concept...just waiting on the green light for A) spaces and B) which alignment's needed most.

Primarch

There is space for both heroes and villains. Either can work.

Ramael

The Person

Name: Jack Bartleby

Nationality: British

Day job: Student/stunt man

Personality: Eccentric, impulsive, erratic, unpredictable, manic, obsessive, addictive.

Backstory: Jack was always a studious type, and when he enrolled at King's College London university on a History and Politics degree, he took it very seriously. Too seriously, in fact, and, as all people with an addictive personality, became obsessed with his work. His dissertation on the folklore of London and what effect it had on the Victorian populace ate up his entire life, and soon Jack shunned social activities completely, locking himself away in his room with his books, his papers, and a startling amount of absinthe.

The change didn't happen over one night, more like a period of nights. There wasn't a visible change to Jack's normally tall, lean, heroin-chic look, apart from now he walked with confidence and swagger when he once avoided eye contact. Although still secretive, especially about his room, he was seen more out and about around campus. He became especially interested in various left-wing organisations, universities being breeding grounds for such ideas. After that it was philosophy groups, and next to anything else he could be involved in. It was around this time that Jack took an interest in athletics groups as well, finding that he excelled in the long jump specifically. Freakishly well, in fact. Jack soon started racking up awards for the sport, that none of his peers nor his tutors could link the cigarette smoking, usually drunk and unsportsman like Jack to the suddenly athletic and dynamically very powerful Jack.

Jack had undergone a transformation, and one of the myths of Dickensian London that Jack had obsessed about for so long had transmogrified into himself. Coming to him in dreams, then absinthe-fuelled late nights, then finally in broad daylight, Jack had become convinced he was the reincarnation of the Spring Heeled Jack legend from the 1800s. He had developed a near-supernatural jumping power, and along with his heightened intake of curries (a well-known British pastime) and absinthe (a well-known student and writer pastime) he had developed a supernatural ability to breathe greenish-yellow flames, another of the infamous Spring Heeled Jack's supposed abilities. After accessing university resources and tools to build himself a helmet, wings and claws, filling out the rest of the SHJ mythos, Jack began to take to the streets in his new guise.

At first for fun, then for real. He lurked corners, waiting for petty criminals, muggers, thieves, rapists, burglars, all of which were aplenty in urban London. He'd spring out on them, attack then with either his metal claws, his firey breath, or both. If the scene turned ugly, or the police turned up, Jack'd just use his uncanny ability and bound away again.

Soon Jack, drunk on his own successes, fell behind in his studies and spent more time out on the streets, but kept up with his political group meetings. He started developing ideas about the world and how it could be better run. To balance out these normal, studenty thoughts, out on the streets, arrogant with his abilities, he took more risks and began attacking anyone he believed looked shady or criminal-esque. Stories began circulating - Spring Heeled Jack was back, after 300 years!

Uncomfortable with the sudden press, Jack moved to a different university, taking up another degree, taking out another loan, and indulging in the same lifestyle, Jack racked up a lot of debt and a lot of interest. It was the TV broadcast of Starman and the Iron General's fateful clash that gave him the wherewithal to make the trip to America. Fleeing his debts and certain men in suits that had come around asking strange questions, Jack tried to make a new life for himself in America, taking out part-time degrees and working with a few minor film companies as a stuntman (a job that he took to quickly and with much passion) to fund his increasingly hectic and expensive lifestyle.

Soon launching out onto the streets again, taking his visceral style of "crimefighting" (often coupled with thievery, extortion, and blackmail all to benefit himself) to the streets of L.A, Jack soon made it known that an old British nightmare had come to haunt the streets of the U.S. Becoming aware that there were far more "costumes" in America, Jack looks to hook up with certain types. He believes, in his slightly skewed view of the world, that there needs to be darkness so that good may come of it. He looks forward to being challenged by so-called "heroes" in order to indirectly give the world something better. He's also more than happy to take a nihilistic, black-humoured view of stealing and extorting everything that comes his way in the meantime, bouncing around and setting fire to things to blow off the tension.

The Villain

Codename: Spring Heeled Jack, SHJ, Jack

Powers:
Springy leap: As per the myth, Jack has the ability to leap fantastic distances and land without injury to himself, no matter how high up he goes.
Firey breath When Jack blows at a certain pitch, he spew forth a cloud of greeny-yellow flames upto several feet in front of him. These flames are of an undetermined origin, not even Jack knows truly what fuel his body uses to produce them, but they burn hotter than regular fire. He eats curries and spicy foods on a regular basis just in case.

Weakness:
More then human, less than super: When in SHJ form, Jack is slightly stronger, slightly tougher, slightly more resilient than your average joe. He however would have a lot of trouble in a fist fight with Starman, or even another combat-based super. Although he's harder than your average, he's not super-level.

Skills: Thanks to a good few years leaping about the place, and after a certain amount of trial and error, Jack can now make near-perfect mid-air manouvres and landings. He almost always knows where he's landing, and can perform complex manouvres whilst on the way up or down (or across). After this and given his career, Jack has an athletic body and even when not in SHJ form, has good stamina and flexibility.

Special Equipment:
Jack's Helmet Fashioned almost manically one night after a period of poetry readings, absinthe and free-association, Jack found himself drafting plans for a complex helmet. He has no background in metallurgy or even fashion, but come dawn, Jack had a perfectly fitting, padded half-helm, that covers the top half of his face, and the plexi-glass eyes glow an eerie orange at night.

Glider wings To increase the length of his leaps and controlled falls, Jack fashioned himself polymer "wings" with telescopic steel spines, increasing Jack's air-travel and also making him appear more distinctive and threatening. He often uses them to gesture grandly when on the ground.

Metal claws Fashioned to hold up on his forearm until required, then slip down at the flick of a wrist, Jack has two metal talons at his disposal, again as per what made the original myth so famous.

In progress, pics to come.

Latooni Subota

>A supervillain based on Spring-Heeled Jack

You sir, win the internets. ALL OF THEM. Congratulations. :D

Ramael

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 13, 2011, 10:50:52 PM
>A supervillain based on Spring-Heeled Jack

You sir, win the internets. ALL OF THEM. Congratulations. :D

;D

*shares some of the internets with LatSub*

Primarch

@Scarie187, all characters have only been active in the hero/villain community (so to speak) for the past year. Aside from Starman, Iron General and a handful of unnamed individuals, the site is otherwise based in an entirely realistic setting of the modern world. Life elongating diseases/conditions and fictional countries, unless they come about during the game won't be a part of it.

@Rameal, As was mention to Scarie in terms of timing. (To both of you, consider the Starman/Iron General fight as something of a catalyst for superhuman capability manifestation, it'll be explored in the plot). Also, characters with a superhuman power require a superhuman weakness.

Scarie187

Okay I'll change stuff around or use a different character. If I keep Kreed he'll still be working out of New Caledonia, which is an island territory of the French in the Pacific ocean. 

Scarie187

Actually I got another character I can use so I'll just remove Kreed from the running. Do you still have room for heroes currently, can we do a hero and a villain?

Maelyn

I believe we still need two heroes.  I've not seen anyone post to claim the spots, so you should be good to snag one if you like.  :)

Tydorei

Scarie187

Still working on my villain. Anyone willing to team up as a villain duo? Perhaps we can create a pair that works together.

As for my hero I am like far off from finishing that.

Scarie187

The Person

Name: James Callahan
Day job: Stage Magician

Personality: James is the constant showman trying to always one up the competition but at the same time entertain. He is a hard worker and always trying to push his craft, nearly obsessed with being the best. He is a nice guy who is always trying to help. At times he can come off as arrogant and cocky but that's because his personality really lends to his stage presence. He loves to read and to travel and to learn as much as possible. James is very friendly and enjoys meeting new people.

Backstory: James comes from a family of entertainers. His mother was a singer and his father an acrobat. However James wanted to chase own path he wanted to entertain in away no one one in his family had ever entertained before he wanted to do magic. James spent most of his life on the road but it was times where he would hone his craft, reading every magic book he could find, learning tricks, and even opening for his mother and fathers shows with his own magic act as "The Amazing Callahan."

Eventually James would attract the attention of a Vegas Casino owner looking for an nightly act. He would hire "The Amazing Callahan" to preform at his casino. Originally he was billed as the opener but James worked his way up and soon was the headlining act. He would amaze crowds of thousands and never ceased to come up with a trick that seemed beyond explanation.

James loved his act but wanted to make it better. It led him to research all sorts of magical books. Yet none of these magical books seemed to house anything real. None of them led to an answer he was hoping, to find real magic. The research though painstaking and always disappointing would consume his life.

It wasn't until the night when world watched as the battle between Iron General and Starman reached epic proportions when things would change. Like many he watched the clash on his TV as the battle played out before all mankind. During the fight he'd would notice a book he had never seen before, a book he swore he didn't own, and yet it was there. Obsessed with his quest he grabbed the book and watched the TV. Reading the book he would begin to mouth the words in the book aloud and then felt a strange sensation wash over him. The next thing he knew he was there at the battle site standing next to the seven.

Appearance:

The Hero

Codename: Xantos (Or as some call him "The Magnificent Xantos")
Powers: All of Xantos' powers are magic based and as he works as an hero he is learning more. Here they are thus far.

Teleportation: Xantos can teleport from destination to destination instantaneously. He can also teleport objects and people.

Deflection: Xantos can use his magic to deflect objects such as bullets, missiles, grenades, arrows, etc..

Water, Wind, Fire: Xantos can manifest and control these elements to an extent.

Magical Detection: He can detect magical objects.

Levitation: He can levitate himself, objects, and people.

Magical Blast: This is your typical "energy blast" type attack except its magic in origin.

Live Freeze: With some people (not all and mostly "normal people") Xantos can freeze them in their tracks.

Transformation: With some things Xantos can change them into other things. For example if a sword is pulled on him he can change it into a handful of snakes. (This doesn't always work.)

Healing: He can heal himself magically to an extent (if he's badly wounded he is unable to do so.)

Weakness: Physic attacks can paralyze him since he wont be able to think of the magic he needs to do, necromancy and dark magic in general slows him down, also he has difficulty with beings that are magical in nature (Such as Elves, and Fairies)
Skills: Intelligent, Fast Learner, Knowledge of Ancient Languages, Can understand magical elements, slight of hand, a very good illusionist
Special Equipment:

The Wand of Ages: His own wand that seemed to be rejuvenated with power the night magic became real. It has been known to have a somewhat mind of its own at times of extreme peril, casting random protection spells, or telephoning him from danger. Other then that its pretty much a stage wand.

Costume:

In addition to this he wears a white domino mask over his face and usually has a top hat with a red band.

Love And Submission

Do you Still need villains? Just want to make sure before I start on a profile.

Scarie187

Primarch

Far better Scarie, just give him an appropriate weakness. A superhuman weakness for superhuman characters~
Also, if you had something in mind that his wand actually does, you may want to mention that too.

Love And Submission

The Person
Name:  Jean La Croix
Nationality:  Haitian American
Day job:  Bar Tender
Personality:
La Croix is a deeply spiritual man however despite his strict adherence to Haitian Vodou.  He is known to be somewhat of an unpredictable wildman.  His he has a deep  love of  smoking and drinking and is rarely seen without a cigar in his mouth or a glass of rum in his bony fingers. La Croix is known to have an insatiable sexual appetite as well.
Backstory:
Jean La Croix was born in Croix-des-Bouquets  , Haiti on March , Eighth 1977. Not much is known about his early childhood as most of the due to most of  the records being destroyed in the 2010 earthquake that ravaged most of Haiti. What is known however is that Jean's paternal grandmother ,  was a heavily skilled  Mambo or  Haitian Vodou female high priest. This is where it is said Jean La Croix got his love of Vondun and the Loa Baron Samedi.

Jean's first appearance in the record book in the United States is  at the age of six when he was enrolled in first grade at  Sunset Park Elementary School in Miami , Florida. By all accounts La Croix was a modest and average student. La Croix's adult life  was up until the day The Iron General  defeated Starman. It was on that day that during a regular prayer to the Loa's  , Jean saw a rather familiar face appear  of him. This was Baron Samedi ,  Loa of the dead , Samedi commanded La Croix to do  The Loa's work here on earth. Samedi also granted  La Croix magic abilities in order for him to complete his mission but what that mission exactly is  currently unknown to anyone but La Croix and The Loa. However in recent months La Croix under the guise of Baron Saturday has been scene in different countries across the globe committing a myriad of crimes.

Appearance:

The Villain

Codename: Baron Saturday
Powers:
Necromancy:  Baron Samedi seems to have granted Saturday the ability to raise   a small number of the dead. Unlike Samedi who can raise an entire army , Saturday's powers seem to be regulated to around six or seven Zombies at the time. The tell-tale signs of someone brought back by Saturday are  Rotting Flesh , Strange Smell , Slow Moving and  an eventuality to damage unless directed at the head.

Regenerative  Healing: In Voodo .  Baron Samedi is said to be  a giver of life who can cure any mortal of any disease or wound, if he thinks it is worthwhile. This relates to Saturday  in the fact that he seems to Spontaneously  heal during battles against his foes. It's most likely  that Saturday does not in fact have the ability to heal but that Samedi is the one responsible for his regenerative abilities.

Weakness:

Bad Connection : While at First Glance , Saturday may seem unstoppable he is far from that. The reason for this is two fold. The first being that he himself is powerless , all of his abilities are granted to him by Baron Samedi. Since Saturday lives on earth and Samedi currently resides in the  invisible realm of voodoo spirits , Samedi has to channel his  powers to Saturday. It's entirely possible that a powerful enough  magic user of any kind can  cut off the connection between Samedi and Saturday. The second problem is that Samedi  is notorious for his outrageous behavior while  Samedi and Saturday may appear to be two peas in a pod right now there is no grantee that Samedi just won't depower Saturday on a whim for whatever he reason he feels justify his actions.
Skills:
Talented Magic User

Special Equipment:
None

Costume:
White Tuxedo Jacket whitout an inside shirt , A White top hat with black slacks.  Half of his face is also painted white.

Costume:

MissFire

Dead Island | Music | Who do you Voodoo, Bitch - Sam B | Full HD 1080p + Lyrics + Downloadlink
Shrunken heads, broken legs, body parts on the concrete
Cut 'em up butcher style, gators of the swamp
Red light, leave 'em dead, runnin' like a track meet
Scared of nobody, what you motherfuckers want?
Believe me when I tell 'em I'm a bogeyman beast
Leave 'em slashed from their head to their feet
Been pricked to the chest of a bitch well fed
Cooking heat, cannibal tryin' to eat

Chorus:
I got a zombie army and you can't harm me
Who do you voodoo, Bitch?
Drink blood like a vampire without warning
Who do you voodoo, Bitch? (Stand up)
Sam B got the thing that go bump in the night
Who do you voodoo, Bitch?
Hide your kids, grab your wife, better get outta sight
Who do you voodoo, Bitch? (Let's go)

Sam B to Papa Shango and Baron Samedi
Handful of fingertips, toss em up like confetti
Stable of corpse bitches, I'm a pimp of the dead
Come fuck with a zombie I'll put a stake in your head
Look you want ghouls? I got fuckin platoons
Baby every body dies, I see your ass real soon
Crack bones to the marrow, hot sauce and they suck it
Now my Juju ain't nothin to fuck with
    - Sima Yi

Love And Submission

Scarie187

I modified my character and added a better weakness hope that helps. I tried to be more specific with the wand...

TheGlyphstone

Is there room for another psychic-based villain?

The Person

Name: Alexandros Kholokov
Nationality:Georgian/Russian
Day job:Mobster/Crime Boss
Personality: Deeply unsettled and insecure, but he hides this behind a constant mask of ironclad arrogance and utter ruthlessness. To any outward observer, he is supremely confident in his ability to overcome any opponent, and tends to be rather cavalier with the lives of his subordinates. He is far from a 'bad boss' otherwise, though, not punishing failures that result from outside interference or unexpected complications.
Backstory:Alexandros was a lonely child, born while the iron strangehold of the Soviet Union rattled out its death throes while squeezing every last drop of prosperity from its puppet states. Barely a teenager when the Union disintegrated entirely and Georgia claimed its independence, he found his formative years embroiled in war and death as civil war took Georgia. When his family was butchered by strongmen claiming loyalty to the president, the orphaned Alexandros joined a roaming bandit gang, eventually coming to the attention of the Russian Mafia, who were bankrolling several of the separatist factions. Leaving his gang, he became a mob enforcer, and worked his way up the ranks to an underboss, overseeing operations across Georgia for the local chief. He was intelligent and persuasive, almost preternaturally skilled at convincing people that his wishes were in their best interest (with or without a lead pipe in hand), but when the Iron General had Starman on his knees on worldwide television, something changed. The General had been Alexandros's idol as he rose to his position in the mob, and to see him brought low right on the cusp of his ultimate triumph awoke powers Alexandros never knew he had. Now able to bend people's thoughts and minds at a glance, he easily replaced the boss of Georgia and southern Russia, casting covetous glances out at the rest of Eastern Europe, and eventually beyond. He would be the worthy successor to the Iron General, and see the world kneel before him in time.

Appearance:

The Villain

Codename: Sovereign
Powers:
Mind Control - by matching gazes with someone, Sovereign can supplant his will over theirs, implanting overt or subliminal thoughts and behaviors to whatever extent he wishes. He has no ongoing control over his puppets, and must look into their eyes again to rewrite any programming. For particularly strong-willed individuals, he wears a handmade amplification headband, magnifying his power.
Telepathy - Unless a person is actively working to block him out, Sovereign can read and interpret the electrical pulses in a human brain and effectively read their thoughts. He generally keeps this ability 'muted', letting through only nearby thoughts of danger towards himself or his allies, and needs to focus on a specific person within sight of him to pick up anything specific.
Weaknesses:
Physically Fragile - Sovereign is no more physically adept than your average fit normal, typically surrounding himself with conditioned bodyguards to do the heavy lifting a mafia boss shouldn't need to stoop to.
Eye Contact - Sovereign's powers are next to useless if he cannot look eye-to-eye with his target. Additionally, he needs his amplifier headband to extend the range of the effect past a few meters, and defensive measures such as reflective lenses can foil him.
Electromagnetic Fields - Sovereign's ability to control people's minds is rooted in his instinctive understanding of the electrical impulses that make up human thought, how to decipher them, and how to rewire them. If exposed to sufficiently potent electromagnetic 'static' (such as being near a high-tension power line, or an active MRI machine), his powers are suppressed due to interference. Being hit by a strong EMP can overload his brain and knock him out for several hours.
Skills:
Mob Connections - as a well-established and powerful crime boss, Sovereign can draw on considerable financial resources if necessary, as well as call in favors from various crime syndicates across the globe.
Intelligence: Always a smart person, Alexandros is now easily in the top percent or so of human intelligence, though his lack of formal education limits what he can do with it beyond making accurate guesses towards a person's intentions or motivations.
Swordsmanship: Alexandros fences as a hobby, proficient enough to at least defend himself against an attacker (hopefully long enough for aid to arrive or to get a glimpse of their eyes).

Special Equipment:
Money, Armani suits, concealed sword-cane.
Costume:

Little different from his typical dress, with the addition of his magnifier headband and a implanted electric tattoo that becomes visible when his abilities are in use.

Primarch

TheGlyphstone

*dances*

Hm....maybe a partnership with Meteor would be in the works, based on her character description.