Caravanserai [Out of Character; Open to New/Old Members and Applicants]

Started by Flower, July 05, 2018, 08:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannameade

Quote from: Dragongoddess on May 13, 2020, 04:05:14 PM
Hey, guys!  So just a heads up: Ren will be leaving the hotel.  I would write a goodbye scene for her but she really never met anyone.  Sorry.  I just don't have the time to write her anymore and I think she's ready for her time at the hotel to be done.

Sorry but that takes Chris out too.  Since they are a couple.  I will try to find another to fill his shoes.

This is a lovely place!

Lady Sakura

No worries, Cara is not your traditional RP game; it's a place that players can come and go as they please with new and old characters. If you ever want them to come back for vacation they are most certainly welcome.

As always,
Happy Writing

Lady Sakura

I just want to say to Red and Elizabeth.

I truly and whole heartedly appreciate you both. You both have become the very heart beat of this paradise.

So thank you for everything you do. 🤗👏🏼💐

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

RedPhoenix

Our newest guest is currently at the bar should anyone want to go meet her! :)

SepiaSunfury

Quote from: RedPhoenix on June 06, 2020, 05:41:01 PM
Our newest guest is currently at the bar should anyone want to go meet her! :)

Also, if anyone has ideas for a Faceclaim, I'm new to this and don't even know where to start looking!

Name: Sepia Cassandra Sunfury
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Extroverted and outgoing but also a little shy. A little clumsy and bruises easily. There always seems to be a bruise or two visible.

Eyes: brown with flecks of gold
Height: 5" 1'
Body Build: small but curvy
Additional Physical Notes: Sepia has reddish brown hair curled around her shoulders.

History: Sepia grew up in an orphanage with her little sister. Her sister was the good one, Sepia was more rebellious. The two were extremely close and Sepia has come to Caravanserai in an attempt to avoid reminders of her sister's recent death.

Face Claim: I have no face claim. Sepia's skin is on the slightly darker side. Full lips and high cheekbones. When she arrives she is wearing high heels and a skirt that with every other step reveals a large bruise on her left thigh. Unless they are near her people probably wouldn't see the smaller, lighter bruise on her left arm.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Quote from: SepiaSunfury on June 06, 2020, 07:09:03 PM
Also, if anyone has ideas for a Faceclaim, I'm new to this and don't even know where to start looking!

I picture Sepia as looking much like Kelly Brook!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/pop-culture/images/1/15/Kelly_Brook.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20180708230955

I will happily search for more options if you like!

I usually just Google for the terms I'm looking for. Like slender redhead or nerdy brunette.

I believe the term I searched for was short curvy woman

SepiaSunfury

Quote from: Elizabeth Ecsed on June 06, 2020, 08:43:38 PM
I picture Sepia as looking much like Kelly Brook!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/pop-culture/images/1/15/Kelly_Brook.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20180708230955

I will happily search for more options if you like!

I usually just Google for the terms I'm looking for. Like slender redhead or nerdy brunette.

I believe the term I searched for was short curvy woman

Thank you! I love that picture! Now who can teach me how to put it in my posts? Off to try a few things and check the previews

RedPhoenix

Well the first thing to do is upload it someplace you can link to! Elliquiy has a wiki you can use for this. There's a tutorial on how to upload to the wiki here -> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131585.0

Once you have it uploaded you can link using bbcode by just putting this in your post. 

[img](Image Url Here)[/img]

So for example I took that image and put it in my imgur here -> https://i.imgur.com/gwLn6b3.jpg

So if you put that url between the "img" tags in the header, you'll see the image like so:

Name: Sepia Sunfury
Date | Time: May 13, early evening (or whenever you want it to be, just so I can interact with someone)
Wearing: black high heels, rather a light matte color now from sand. A fitted red dress she assumed would be suitable for a fancy place like this. The dress has a small tear. Red teardrop earrings with gold borders. Her hair, once carefully curled around her shoulders is windblown, accidentally leaving her with a ravaged look.
Tagging: Maylin Alvarez (RedPhoenix), bartending staff, Open.

Hope that helps :D

SepiaSunfury

Thank you Red! Or thank you Phoenix? I guess I have no business shortening other people's names... Thank you Red Phoenix. A whole wiki sounds like what I need!

RedPhoenix

SepiaSunfury

While I study the " how to upload images wiki", I'd like to ask... While my character is waiting at the bar, can I also skip forward in time if I want her to attend the angels and demons event? Or any of the other places/times?

RedPhoenix

You can definitely have her show up at the angels and demons party :)

SepiaSunfury

Awesome! Although by the time she finds a suitable outfit (or I find it and figure out how to embed the images) the event will likely be over!!

SepiaSunfury

Okay helpful people. I am slowly figuring this out. I finally got a couple pictures onto Elliquiy's wiki and into a post... who can teach me how to make the pictures smaller? In the next post I'll show you how it looks so far:

SepiaSunfury

I think I'm going to delete this post because with the accidentally gigantic pictures it took up way too much room!

RedPhoenix

So if you put the first image link after where it says height=200 instead of as a link on its own, and turn the angel costume into a link rather than an image, it will look like this...

Name: Sepia Sunfury

Date | Time: July 7 | Just after 8 pm
Wearing: Angel Costume
Tagging: Open

A twirl of iridescent white enters in a flurry. Someone is twirling through the doors with her arms windmilling. They twirl across the room and...

Here is the code...

[float=left][img height=200 padding=10]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/4f/Kellybrookheadshot.jpg[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b] Sepia Sunfury
[img][/img]
[b]Date | Time:[/b] July 7 | Just after 8 pm
[b]Wearing:[/b] [url=https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/6/60/Dancingangelwings.jpg]Angel Costume[/url]
[b]Location:[/b] Angels and Demons Event
[b]Tagging:[/b] Open [hr]

A twirl of iridescent white enters in a flurry. Someone is twirling through the doors with her arms windmilling. They twirl across the room and...

SepiaSunfury

RedPhoenix

SepiaSunfury

Elizabeth Ecsed

Quote from: SepiaSunfury on June 08, 2020, 09:59:37 PM
The one I found? Suddenly I just want to dance in it. :)

Yep yep. If I saw that at a rave, I'd follow it around for an hour LOL.