News:

Main Menu

Veteran's Day

Started by Callie Del Noire, November 11, 2013, 12:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Okay.. this is not meant to instigate anything.. simply saying as a retired vet to all those other retired and active service members out there.

Happy Veteran's day, thanks for serving.

For the boys and girls still in, be careful and look out for one another.

Beguile's Mistress

My blessings and gratitude go out to all
who are serving and have served
and to those who love them
and are awaiting their safe return.

Do ye ken?

Blythe

My thanks and gratitude to those that have served and those that are currently serving. There are no words for the respect and esteem I hold you all in. May all of you have a wonderful Veteran's Day.  :-)

RedPhoenix

I hate war, I hate governments that start it, I hate the military industrial complex and everything to do with it. But I love veterans and I love our active duty forces and all they do. I wish our government treated them better and had less use for them, but I still very much respect the level of sacrifice and commitment the men and women we have serving are willing to make for us. I respect the decisions they make as individuals and am very thankful people like that exist.

So yeah, even those who are practically hippies still want to say big thanks to all who have served and are serving and I hope you make it home safe. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on November 11, 2013, 12:41:29 PM
My blessings and gratitude go out to all
who are serving and have served
and to those who love them
and are awaiting their safe return.

Do ye ken?

Best thank you I've gotten all day. Thank you, BeMi.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 11, 2013, 12:21:06 PM
Okay.. this is not meant to instigate anything.. simply saying as a retired vet to all those other retired and active service members out there.

Happy Veteran's day, thanks for serving.

For the boys and girls still in, be careful and look out for one another.
THANK YOU for being there for US.

Even when we don't deserve it.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sasquatch421

To all my brothers and sisters currently serving, out and retired... This shouldn't be simply a U.S. holiday since there are Veteran's all over the world. No matter where you are from or your reasons for joining, be it for friends, for those unable to fight or for the children that will grow to take our places in defence of our countries and nations, or even the the children that will grow up to lead the world in a new era of global leadership. I'm proud to call you all brother and sister, ours is a bond deeper then blood....

Happy Veteran's Day to all and thank you from one U.S. Marine Corps. Vet...

Callie Del Noire

I went out to try out the free meal at Golden Corral, not for the terrible steak cuts or chocolate fountain but to be out and about with the other vets. I had dinner with vets from World War 2, Korea, Vietnam and Desert Storm 1. A Marine, two army guys, even a guy from the Air Farce (just joking guys). It was an interesting meal, and we all talked about how things had changed in the last few years.

The Korean/Vietnam vets said they had gotten a feeling that folks were more respectful of the people who stepped up to serve these days, even if they disagreed with what the government asked of us.

That is what I appreciate. That folks can seperate the gap between the Leaders and the servicemen. I've had that disdain for serving before. It hurts. I talked with vets who were spat on back in the day for having served.

Things are getting better. Respect for the sacrifice is being given. Even if you don't appreciate the goals and aims we're directed at. Thank you for respecting the sacrifice of those who aren't here to be thanked anymore.

For me.. I am sitting here thinking of the two men I knew and served with.

AFC (AW) S....s (1995), you'll be missed. It was tragic to lose you on the last day of our operational cruise. You were an awesome flight deck chief, and for what little time I knew you.. a great mentor.

AWCS (AW/SW) 'Mongo' M..... (2004). I'm sorry we lost you before we should have Mongo. You were a hard man to work for at times, a great person to listen to and learn from. You tacked on my crow so hard I thought my damn arm was going to fall off, but it never did. Thank you. You're missed. I wish I could have seen your pain when we last talked.. I wish I could have helped you like you helped me when others were trying to mentally destroy me on that first tour. Your advice serves me to this day.

I do what I can to keep the memory of these two men alive in myself and the world around me.

elone

It is always nice to hear someone say thank you for your service.

To those who serve or who haves served, you know that there is a special bond that will last a lifetime.

This country needs to do a better job of helping those veterans who return home with a multitude of problems, whether mental, physical, or financial.

elone, veteran, US Army,  MOS - 95B20v5.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's