What're You Playing?

Started by Lindrea, July 04, 2016, 07:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindrea

So!  Hi there!  I'm Lindrea!  I was curious what games everyone was playing and what you liked about them.

To start off, I've been playing:

Overwatch: Super team oriented FPS game.  I love the fact that you have to use teamwork to win, though it is rage inducing at times when you get steamrolled by the enemy team.

World of Warcraft: It's a longtime favorite of mine.  I've been playing this for.. years.  It's been off and on for the past four years, but I'm back in for when the new expansion hits: Legion.

So!  What are you playing?

Trigon

Europa Universalis IV. By far the best strategy video game currently on the market.

Lindrea

Quote from: Trevino on July 05, 2016, 09:58:50 AM
Europa Universalis IV. By far the best strategy video game currently on the market.

Ya know, I've watched people play that for hours and I still don't understand what's really going on most of the time.  It looks like a super complicated game and it scares me to try to get into it.

Trigon

Quote from: Lindrea on July 05, 2016, 10:43:26 AM
Ya know, I've watched people play that for hours and I still don't understand what's really going on most of the time.  It looks like a super complicated game and it scares me to try to get into it.

It does indeed have a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it's not so bad. It's basically similar to Diplomacy or Risk if you've ever played those games before. Global conquest is very difficult though, so most just opt for more limited goals (I.e. Conquering a continent, bringing the most prestige, etc.)

Lindrea

Quote from: Trevino on July 05, 2016, 11:52:55 AM
It does indeed have a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it's not so bad. It's basically similar to Diplomacy or Risk if you've ever played those games before. Global conquest is very difficult though, so most just opt for more limited goals (I.e. Conquering a continent, bringing the most prestige, etc.)

I'll have to try it out the at some point, when I've got more time, hehe.  I've played a tiny bit of Diplomacy and love Risk, though I prefer Twilight Imperium nowadays for board games.

Trigon

Quote from: Lindrea on July 05, 2016, 12:13:55 PM
I'll have to try it out the at some point, when I've got more time, hehe.  I've played a tiny bit of Diplomacy and love Risk, though I prefer Twilight Imperium nowadays for board games.

Don't think I've played that one before, I'll have to check Twilight Imperium out!

But yeah, Europe Universalis IV won't disappoint. And it's not as complicated as it looks either.

Lindrea

Quote from: Trevino on July 05, 2016, 03:32:59 PM
Don't think I've played that one before, I'll have to check Twilight Imperium out!

But yeah, Europe Universalis IV won't disappoint. And it's not as complicated as it looks either.

Oh yes!  Try out Twilight Imperium.  It's like Risk on steroids.  Politics, war, subterfuge.  Takes FOREVER to play, but sooo worth it if you can get a group together to actually finish a game, hehe.

Trigon

Quote from: Lindrea on July 05, 2016, 03:34:24 PM
Oh yes!  Try out Twilight Imperium.  It's like Risk on steroids.  Politics, war, subterfuge.  Takes FOREVER to play, but sooo worth it if you can get a group together to actually finish a game, hehe.

Sounds like my kind of game  ;D

TheHappyMoonkin

Fallout 4 - my first time playing a game from this series (mainly because it is based in my neck of the woods..) and i have become pretty damn hooked. I love it... and can honestly say i haven't had this much fun playing a game in a looong time. Who knew I could ever get behind a first person game with guns?

World of Warcraft - Similarly have been very off and on with WoW.. the last few years, But I always go back. Love my toons too much c: and then there is the mad rush to get them all buttoned up for the new expansion.

Harvest Moon - because everyone needs that guilty pleasure game.... and I love cows.

"See! sweet and sound she sleeps in granny's bed, between the paws of the tender wolf."
Ons and Offs  |  RP Search

Rummy Tum Tum

Smite - I only play Arena mode. Never really been into the full MOBA experience

Monster Hunter 4U - Love it, and also excited for Generations.

Zero Time Dilemma - This series is just great. Puzzles and a complex ass story showcasing plenty of scientific and mathematical theories. Goodness.

Fire Emblem Fates - Got all 3 storylines. Finished about 1 and 3/4s of the whole 3 part experience. Been having a great time strategizing my way through battles with style.

Fallout 4 - Got a survival mode playthrough going. I had taken a break to wait til mods came to the ps4 so I could get a mod that re-enables fast travel specifically between settlements. Unfortunately, no one has a clue when they're getting to ps4 with all the problems goin' on.

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Trevino on July 05, 2016, 09:58:50 AM

Agreed, though I'm behind one DLC by now. Too few hours in the day to keep playing it. Stays fun, no matter how many hours you pump into it.

Planescape: Torment - I've decided to catch up on older games that I never got around to playing years ago, so I picked up this one to satisfy my craving for an RPG. It's a... unique RPG, to say the least. And I mean that in a good way. It's weird, strange, has an impressively good story, but it's also showing its age a bit. Still, I'm enjoying it and if you like unconventional RPGs, it might be worth checking out on GOG.com.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Trigon

Nowadays I'm playing Civilization VI

Golden Spider

Depends, on PS4. Mostly overwatch, or Horizon Zero Dawn. on PC mostly this new game called The long Journey home or Crusader Kings II
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Knightshadow

My song for Piper:
"In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood."

Pablo Neruda

RedRose

These days? Lazy games. Pokemon go, Mario run...  ;D
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

tomstevens1

This thread needs some love.

Tabletop games:

The Crew (either edition)
Cthulhu: Death May Die
Aeon's End

DragonflyAlice

I go back and forth between Disney Dreamlight Valley, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Grow: Song Of The Evertree and was playing Resident Evil 5 for the millionth time with my husband!

Also, my husband and I recently finished Dying Light together and work on the DLCs now and again.

Silvered Sutures

I've been replaying the World Tour demo of Street Fighter 6 repeatedly. It's coming out Friday and I can't wait.
My O/O Thread
Discord handle; Silvered Sutures

Golden Spider

Alternating between Tears of the Kingdom baybee! Plateup! and Dead Cells when I need a zelda break
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Pink Duct Tape

Raid Shadow Legends!
Technomancer
Elite Dangerous
Cyberpunk 2077
&
Pathfinder 2e

Silvered Sutures

My O/O Thread
Discord handle; Silvered Sutures

BravoCado

Well I just finished playing Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions / Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions, but I was thinking of picking up Metroid Dread or Tears of the Kingdom later.

Or maybe I'll go back and play Lolo 3 or Baba Is You, I love puzzle games, but never finished either of those. Baba Is You can be especially esoteric sometimes.
Discord: bravo_cado
I'm still accepting DM's, (so if you want to shoot me a message, go ahead!), but I have to step away from RP for a while so I will not be able to respond until I come back. I don't know for how long I'll be gone.

Andronica

Baldur's Gate 3 and now I need some Karlach in my RP life.

Ryven

Diablo 4.  Currently playing a companion build druid for season 1.  Looking forward to the patch coming up to help a lot of the struggling classes and builds.

inkybus

Rain World.

Survive in a crapsack world where everything wants to eat you, all while trying to find out how it all went ploin-shaped in the first place!