Obviously, stuff is broken : /

Started by Vekseid, November 22, 2009, 05:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Have we changed today to an extra small font? Its weeny and the pages are scrolling much more slowly. Not a biggie, just some feedback.

Vekseid

Shouldn't have - accidentally ctrl + mousewheel?

Oniya

Quote from: Vekseid on December 01, 2009, 06:15:13 PM

* Oniya has learned something new.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Fragile Dreams

Just a small suggestion, though I'm not sure if it's possible, about restoring what was writen in the reply box during a drop, or back/front clicking. Like in Word, there is the Quick Save button, we could have a similar button that we can click and save the current work, so if a failure or a missclick happens, we can re-load the text with a load button. That way, we also keep the Font Face / Font Size / Change Color and we are able to save our work, of course reminding ourselves to save the text.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Vekseid

Quote from: White Christmas Dreams on December 01, 2009, 06:37:17 PM
Just a small suggestion, though I'm not sure if it's possible, about restoring what was writen in the reply box during a drop, or back/front clicking. Like in Word, there is the Quick Save button, we could have a similar button that we can click and save the current work, so if a failure or a missclick happens, we can re-load the text with a load button. That way, we also keep the Font Face / Font Size / Change Color and we are able to save our work, of course reminding ourselves to save the text.

It's a Firefox bug - if it's a major issue, Chrome, IE8, Safari and Opera all work fine.

If I hack in a draft function it will be ajax-based like gmail.

Haibane

Quote from: Vekseid on December 01, 2009, 06:15:13 PM
Oh gawd.... *facepalms*

How come you know so much cool stuff? It's embarrassing!

Fragile Dreams

Okay I went to try my luck in Chrome. It looks okay and shiny... I like how wide open it looks on my laptop, but now I have another problem... in all posts, the signatures are next to the posts, not under them. Any ideas? :/

Edit: I just noticed that is happening to other people signatures except mine.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Trieste

It happens often; I see it all the time.

Caeli

A small thing. I noticed that in some of the boards, the smileys don't center themselves vertically within the lines of text. It's fine here, but check the difference:

It usually shows up fine in the previews, too, but once I post, the smileys... er... fall down?
It's not a huge deal (if a bit disconcerting), but I thought I should note it anyway.

This happens in On Topic, in the staff forum, and I'm not sure where else...
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Oniya

I thought that was just the new 'standard' on the smileys.  It was a little strange, but I figured it was Works As Designed.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Haibane

I liked the temporary traditional 'yellow' smileys we had *cries*

Valerian

You can change the smilies in your profile, under "Look and Layout".  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Haibane

*hugs Valerian in an extremely improper manner*

Valerian

*blushes furiously*  Glad to help!  *hugs*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Will

Quote from: Valerian on December 02, 2009, 01:30:36 PM
You can change the smilies in your profile, under "Look and Layout".  :)

I had no idea!  Thank you very much, Valerian. :)

I also thought the "subscript" smilies were normal.  I haven't noticed them looking any other way, anywhere.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Butterflykiss

I noticed this today. When I was sending a PM, I tried to float an image within the message, and the image actually dropped out of the message box entirely down into the editing box.

Here's an example:

EDIT:: This one's minor, but sometimes the "Cry" smiley doesn't auto itself.

Example:

Trieste

*finds herself trying to name all the Princesses and finds herself stuck on the last one on the left ... Mulan?*

jouzinka

Bigger version...

Isn't it Jasmine, Aladin's gal?
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Beguile's Mistress

Oniya

Quote from: jouzinka on December 03, 2009, 02:35:02 PM

Bigger version...

Jasmine's second from the right.  (And I didn't have to consult the 8-year-old! *giggle*)

Trieste

Quote from: jouzinka on December 03, 2009, 02:35:02 PM

Nope, Jaz is on the right. From left to right it's: Mulan, Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel (The Little Mermaid), Belle (Beauty and the Beast), Jasmine, and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty).

Thanks, Mistress!

... *pauses at the honorific, shrugs, hits post anyway*  ;D

jouzinka

*facepalm* I actually meant the second one from the right. Bad reading and left&right confusion... blond day. XD
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Autumn Sativus

I'm still having issues with signatures beside instead of under posts, and stretching pages like mad...
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~