News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup

Started by Nico, June 07, 2010, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Spain - Portugal will be a great game tonight. :D

Oniya

And the entire Iberian Peninsula shuts down for a few hours...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Pitagora

I am for Ghana because the ex world champions wasn't able to pass the first turn.
Stupid Italy team,and stupid Lippi

Kitsunetsuki

Watching Paraguay/Japan from the corner of my eye right now...not much going on...definitely looking forward to Spain/Portugal later...Personally, I'm rooting for Spain...
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Izu

Japan! Japan! Japan! *poutsss* I want them to move on!

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

aya

Yeah, this game has been pretty boring.. Rooting for Spain later on :P

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: Izu on June 29, 2010, 09:47:25 AM
Japan! Japan! Japan! *poutsss* I want them to move on!
+1!! I'm rooting for them ;D

Ok, halftime! Time to finally eat something...hehe

(sorry, meant to quote Izu! lol...oy, this is not my day...)
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Izu

Jaapan~ Jaaapan~

If it keeps on going like this we might see the first P-kicks :3

Cheka Man

Izu

aya

Damn it.. I feel bad for Komano.

Remiel

Ooooh...Japan came the closest yet to beating one of those swarthy South American countries...

Any game where it comes down to penalty kicks is always exciting.  Except, y'know, if it's the final.  And it's France and Italy.

Izu

Well, Remiel, this year this is not gonna happen xD France x Italy I mean xD

Izu

Nico

Izu

Yessssssssss!!!! Simply beautiful game! Spain was perfect!!

Kitsunetsuki

Woohoo!! Congrats to Spain!! That was an awesome game!

(and thank goodness I don't have to hear about Ronaldo anymore! lol)
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

aya

Rachubka

I would have been perfect in my pool if not for the Japan loss. :(

Phobetor

*Snickers* Oh Ronaldo's defeat was BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a whinny lil biatch!

You know after my brother pointed out something to me about Ronaldo, I just can't stand him. We were watching one of the matches and my bro said: "Notice how every player wears their "captain" band over their shirt. Not Ronaldo. He wears his under his shirt. You can still see it, but he doesn't wear it over. It shows what kind of a 'captain' he really is." So true.

Japan's defeat was saddening to me. I really wanted them to win! =(
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Remiel

Just thought I'd mention one statistic:

# of goals scored in 2010 World Cup:
Landon Donovan (USA):  3
Cristiano Ronaldo (POR): 1
Wayne Rooney (ENG): 0

;D

Imogen

I'm happy to see Portugal go, as I can't stand Ronaldo. I just loved the referee for refusing to give him free kicks for running into his opponent from the very start. Of course, when Ronaldo did deserve the free kick, the referee didn't believe that either. Cry wolf much?

Now two matches to look forward to: Netherlands vs Brazil and Germany vs Argentina. This should be good!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ridcully

Honestly, Portugal beat itself. Not to say Spain wasn't good - don't misunderstand me. But, Portugal has a perfect defense; naturally, a team like Spain will create chances, but how many did they really have? They'd mark a goal against any defense with guys like Xavi and Iniesta and Villa, nonetheless, the defense of Portugal was very stable.

It puzzles me though: As stable as Portugal was in the defense, the offense play was nearly non-existant and only relying on Ronaldo to march through. Most midfielders didn't even create much pressure in the offense, leaving Ronaldo and Almeida hanging in the air. This was a tactical mistake.

Nonetheless, Ronaldo disappointed me. A football player of his class shouldn't behave like this, and, furthermore: Where's the ManU Christiano Ronaldo? Picking up a ball at high speed, moving to the post and shooting? The Real Madrid Ronaldo runs into the opponent, falls -  by foul or dive  - and looks at the referee. He steals a lot of his abilities by this kind of "play".

Portugal misses the will to really, really win. It showed 2004 in the finals against Greece. It showed 2006. It showed 2008 in the quarter finals against Germany. They have a world class defense, one world-class forward, but they don't make anything out of it.

Spain will go far, and most likely play against Germany or Argentinia in the semi-finals. This will be interesting.

David Villa, football god.

Arhys

I'm kind of at a loss now, suddenly have so much time...guess will catch up on posts without anything to watch.

Lithos

Germany VS Argentina was the finale I would have wanted to see, that wont be happening apparently but at least get to see that game!
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search