Wheel of Time d20 system game [Recruitment open, 3/5-7 spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, August 31, 2011, 04:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

And it shall come to pass that what men made shall be shattered,
and the Shadow shall lie across the Pattern of the Age,
and the Dark One shall once more lay his hand upon the world of man.
Women shall weep and men quail as the nations of the earth are rent like rotting cloth.
Neither shall anything stand or abide...

Yet one shall be born to face the Shadow,
born once more as he was born before,
and shall be born again, time without end.
The Dragon shall be Reborn,
and there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth at his rebirth.
In sackcloth and ashes shall he clothe the people,
and he shall break the world again by his coming,
tearing apart all ties that bind.
Like the unfettered dawn shall he blind us, and burn us,
yet shall the Dragon Reborn confront the Shadow at the Last Battle,
and his blood shall give us the Light.
Let tears flow, O ye people of the world.
Weep for your salvation.

Welcome to wheel of time d20 game recruitment/discussion thread. In here we shall collect ideas and thoughts regarding a possible d20 campaign. The system is as said d20 and uses the wheel of time rpg book but in addition we use following links in addition;

Under Dragon's Banner
Age of Illussion
Sharn Penndroen's Treasure Horde Wheel of Time (3.5 DnD rule updated classes)
Wheel of Time Wiki (for some reference info)

I myself I had read books years ago and need seriously pick them up again but I remember the beginning of the story quite well still. So my own suggestion (as potential GM if no one else feels grasp the role as storyteller) is that we start from Eye of the World book. So game would start from Emond's Field in Two Rivers. There is spot for five players, and their not come first serve filled slots. But those who most fast ask for spot and generate a full charsheet with mythweavers or using a nice clear charsheet template have higher chance to be selected.

Now, a must filled spots is for the three men who all are ta'veren and all have been raised in Emond's Field (rest two slots can be anything from wandering merc to visiting tinker or local wisewoman). The exact names, professions or their classes are up to players. But when applying as ta'veren you need choose three universal aspects which are tied to your road of destiny and also tied to end what you will have eventually. Your status as ta'veren does not give special feats or powers what you can freely choose but when you try pull off something what is associated with one, two or three of your destiny aspects, that more likely you succeed even if it's against ultimate odds. What more aspects tied in, that more likely things turn to your favor but the way how it does is up to GM. Now example list of destiny aspects but not limited to;
-Death
-Love
-Betrayal
-Luck
-Madness
-Glory
-Sorrow
-Life
-Shame
-Hatred

Now, every Ta'veren must choose one negative aspect (like death, madness, betrayal etc) and none the three aspects must be in conflict (death vs life, luck vs unlucky etc). This whole ta'veren destiny aspect thing is entirely meant to as storytelling tool and as measure stick for GM to see is something possible or not and when GM should feel generous to add supernatural odd chances of luck or events favorable to do something. Example you can turn negative aspects to your advantage (betrayal example can help turn one minions of shadows as your ally even if same aspect can turn one your friends traitor to get unwanted advantage in goal which feels insignificant by loss of a friend). Ta'veren are closely tied to wheel and so despite where they go or do, they will affect world around them until time of ta'veren ends (not always in death but when their ultimate destiny hits them).

Anyways besides above the char creation rules are;

Stats: 32 point buy or use invisible castle with Elliquiy username and use Grid method with (need edit 4d6 to 5d6) 5d6 (take 3 highest). I would appreciate you do not scroll page back and forth to get better rolls with invisible castle and go with 'iron man' style. Grid gives a lots of rolls already and you can assign them as you want them.
Starting level: 1
Classes: Any class is free to take, it may be that all three male ta'veren are already wilders but for party balance no more than 2-3 wilders in five man setup for now. Also something like Armsman needs make somehow sense in Emond's field (perhaps father taught the trade along side smithwork).
Feats: Besides background feat a +1 more. Also in each pairless level (1, 3, 5, 7 etc) you gain feats instead in usual format.
Wealth: Basics belonging to class.
House rules:
-Wilders can learn weaves per level while initiates cannot. Initiates must study weaves from other weave users (usually from tradition where they initiated). It is meant to balance the fact that initiates more longer run gain more weaves per day and more feats compared to wilders. Also helps drive in for initiates to go seek someone teach them weaves and be very observant in weave lesson classes (also more often than not students share weaves with friends or trade them for favors).
-Half class levels from other classes stack up to your channeler level (need to have one channeler level to gain this benefit). It does not give any other benefits for channeler besides higher level weave slots (does not give more weaves learned, not even to wilders). This ruling makes possible Rand al'Thor was able to be blademaster and all that a powerful channeler in cannon Wheel of Time.

If any any questions or suggestions, please do :).

Zaer Darkwail

Also if this was not clear; Rand is not dragon reborn in this story (Ran, Mat and Perrin can be around in village and you may know the guys)....but there will be a Aes Sedai and Warden in area looking for one....

Muse

All right, Zaer, I'll bite.  :)  Let's see what I can come up with. 

I'd liek to be one of the three young men who is Ta'Veren. 

Do we (as players) know which one is the dragon reborn? 

If so...  *arches an eyebrow* 

Well, no one else has gone for it yet. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, OOC wise I plan actually roll dice to see which one is actually dragon reborn (add a random fun). So all three ta'veren males got chance become one to keep it fair. But I do the actual roll after the first chapter or most, then things start go up towards direction become dragon reborn and as part of reguirement the person needs at least have one channeler level so the person is 9th level or more channeler at 20th level at least.

Muse

Ren Al'Seen: Two Rivers Junior Division Quarterstaff Champion. 
Dai'dore/Wilder
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Sounds nice. Anyways shameless bump and hope folks pick this up in monday or so. It is holiday weekend somesort now?

Mysterium

*weaves a sheild of illusion about herself as she peeks in to see if Aes Sedai are still wanted for this rp*
Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways!

Zaer Darkwail

Aes sedai are welcome, but you are likely traveling with Morgaine :).

Mysterium

Where shall I post my Sedai's stats? Where is the thread for this rp? I looke three times...am I really 'that' tired that I missed it?

Zaer Darkwail

There is no thread as this RP never got off the ground :P. As only Muse had shown up and told what type of char to create. Anyways you can host your chart by using any suitable online charsheet or type and post it in here.

Mysterium

Ok. I will give your instructions a looksie when my brain is not so scrambled, and do my best to post something. I'll check back as soon as I can.

Aybara

I have been approved and at last I can post here. I am definitely interested and considering playing an armsman if you'll have me. I'm still not sure on the details but he left Emonds Field a little over a year ago to work as a Caravan guard for one of the peddlers that came through, he also doubled at repairing the various trappings on the road putting to use the skills he learned from his father who was a respected leather worker in the village. His father however has fallen ill so a few weeks back he caused another stir by showing up in Emonds Field cutting short his adventures in the world. He might have drawn the eye of a few of the local girls since he came back which is something he'd be delighted at any other time but under the circumstances... He's gone as far as the big city of Baerlon so he might fancy himself a bit more worldly than the other young men of Emonds Field. He spent some of the past year working with some other caravan guards from the borderlands and he was definitely the runt of the group. He's not too well built for an armsman but he is fast and has gotten quite handy with the longsword they gifted him.
Needless to say he will still be wet behind the ears. Skills wise he has a basic understanding of several crafts but is quite good at craft leatherworking.
I have one or two questions on character generation:
How much do armsmen get starting off? I can only find the random amount.
I'd be getting a feat for being human, a feat for my background and a feat from being a level one armsman.
I'm toying with guilt as a destiny aspect, maybe he killed someone in self defence during the year he was gone which is another reason why he came home, he wants to escape combat but whatever way he turns the wheel weaves as the wheel wills and the butcher will have his bill.

Zaer Darkwail

So far as I know you get background bonus feat and armsman bonus feat. I think in Wheel of Times you do not get additional bonus feat at all being human. But you get background bonus feat kind of bonus compared to ogiers who get none (but they do get bonus first level feat which must be non-background kind).

Anyways Guilt sounds good destiny aspect, you need now select two others :). Perhaps Slaugther or Death to present that you create death or slaugther around you (which makes you feel guilty about it). Then something third which may not have shown yet.

Anyways armsman I could rule you start with one masterwork weapon of your choice (kind of background bonus, no heronmarked sword though). Then cheapest medium armor or most expensive light armor and shield or ranged weapon and some silvers (2d6x10).

Aybara

Sounds fair, I'm currently thinking longsword, I'll be using weapon finesse with it. The wheel of time books version allows you to do it with non light weapons but you can't use a shield without taking some penalties. I'll have to consider the other aspects more. Will the game be forum based?

I might try and aim for blademaster or maybe warder as a prestige class depend on the circumstances involved in the game.

Zaer Darkwail

The game will be a forum based. Yeah, you can consider options use shield or not use shield. As two river folk you could get bow from two rivers as ranged weapon instead shield :).

TheVongola10th

OMG! I just read the title and haven't read anything else yet but I Must Immediately Post Interest!!! My favorite book series! :O! I Muuuuuust make it :O lol sorry for the over enthusiasm but this is epic for me xD.

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, welcome :). Finally some interest on this thread after long time, so thanks for someone necroing it up.

TheVongola10th

I am reading the first of the links now, Under the Dragon Banner, I must admit that dice system is new to me but i will be exceedingly eager to learn it so that I can participate with this, this is starting to seem like my heroine so to say ;P

Zaer Darkwail

hehe, anyways we got two rivers armsman as one destined ones. A aes sedai pupil and then a quarterstaff champion from two rivers as second ta'veren. Need third. I may open up for more spots, max 6 or 7 based on concepts.

TheVongola10th

I am still looking at the Under the Dragon Banner, Would it be possible to have the ability to communicate with wolves, like Perrin and Elyas? Perrin is my favorite character second only to Rand, and I think I would like to base my character off of him somewhat unless that becomes problematic.

Zaer Darkwail

It is possible. There is PrC which allows to do so and also there is feat which allows to become wolfbrother or wolfsister.

TheVongola10th

Zaer Darkwail

PrC = prestige class. This wheel of time game uses d20 system. There is prestige class which creates Perrin after he starts become more closer connected to wolves (along with madness rating/meter which measures animal alike behavior).

TheVongola10th

Alright. I must admit all this is a bit overwhelming, I see backgrounds and classes (standard and pretige), Am I to select a background and a class? I Only see one application that relates to the two PDFs on WoT RPG, so I must say I'm a bit confused on what I should come up with, for one I don't see "armsman" on here so I'm assuming it's not a class?

As of now I'm looking at a Dai'dore with latent wolfbrother, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Zaer Darkwail

As note you do not need latent feats to qualify for the actual feats which give the abilities related to old powers :).

Anyways check the second lowest link; it has the 3.5 DnD edition updated classes and it includes the armsman, channelers and so forth.

Anyways you need select where from are you and then select one background feat for your char and then normal 1st level bonus feat which all races are entitled to.

TheVongola10th

Ah, where do I go from the page that the link takes you too?
Scratch that i think i found it, the zip file that contains the 3.5 content?

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, the zip files to each class and PrC should download and tell info about the class in the second lowest link. It lists the classes in the right side of the screen.

TheVongola10th

ok so
Nehal al'Payn //subject to change not quite sure I like this name//
Woodsman
From the Emond's Field
Wolfbrother talent
Ta'veren
-Betrayal
-Love
-Pain
what do I need for a character sheet besides these things? Like the stat's I'm not sure what you want me to do, it looks like roll 5d6 and keep highest 3? but what do I do with that number

Zaer Darkwail

In first page is told method how create the char statically. It is 32 point buy or you click link in grid method and then adjust the 4d6 to 5d6 (take 3 highest).

In grid method you then choose which stats go what but grid method has it's own unique perks. Click continue and adjust if something is wrong or something. Then once created the stats link them to me in here.

TheVongola10th

TheVongola10th

it was int 18 dex 14, or dex 18 int 11... i didnt really like the sound of int 11

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, well Int 11 would had worked. Dex 18 would had been good for few reasons but Int 18 also works :). At least got lots of skill points.

Aybara

Hey Vongolla I'll be playing the Two Rivers Armsman Daniel al'Forel and welcome to the game. I'm glad to see more interest. The rules can be a little daunting I know especially if you are not familiar with them but Zaer, Muse and myself are all reasonably well versed with them I think so feel free to ask us if you have any other questions. I'm somewhat tempted to roll but I worked out some pretty good ones with points but and keep thinking hmm will I live to regret rolling.

TheVongola10th

Well i think i went well with rolling, and personally I feel like semi-randomized stats are cool(only partly saying this since i got some high rolls ;P) although im not entirely sure what was rolled for what to get my stats on the grid lol.

Aybara

Hey if it works it works. I quite like rolling up too normally, how are you doing getting your head around the stats so far?

TheVongola10th

I know nothing. I assume my stats are somewhat adequate but I'm not sure if i chose the right ratios or not :S

Aybara

Your stats look solid though he's got a very high intelligence, which can be good too, remember the average person is about ten.
One of the next bits is picking your background which has a few choices in it. Since we have to be from the Two Rivers you're automatically a midlander. You get to choose a feat from the following list: bullheaded (bonuses for being stuborn), militia (you've been trained how to use a crossbow and a pike or halberd), strong soul (gives bonuses to resist certain kinds of attack) and lastly luck of heroes (slightly better at resisting various effects).

TheVongola10th

Didn't see any of these in the pdf, but as Two-riversmen are known for their stubbornness I'll go with bull headed ;P

TheVongola10th

oh, what about profession's does that have any impact? say a blacksmith's apprentice? ;P

Mysterium

I am working on my character sheet. Would you like me to do a write up on her background while the C-sheet is still in the works?

Kate

I would adore to use a character i made ... this one.

Loved the series.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117598.msg5137668#msg5137668

Two things .. you may get more girls applying if it is a freeform game (and plot can move faster)

Also if Zaer you are only interested in gm'ing this if it is hands down a system game, must it start at level 1 ?

Aybara

Welcome to the Kate, glad to see another person interested and that means that we have another Aes Sedai to travel with our yellow. Even if not free form we could always go rules light with it or just use them as a measuring so to speak.

To represent the Aes Sedai training I wouldn't be opposed to the two Aes Sedai characters starting at a higher level than the Emonds Field characters. You could always be slightly more generous with the xp to us until we catch up. Aes Sedai are meant to be quite skilled so this is only fair and of course unless either of them is secretly a member of the Black Ajah they're stuck with the three Oaths, which although they aren't the end of the world means they will have to creatively think through being able to perform certain action or just not be able to. Some of the other players might feel differently about the idea of Aes Sedai being higher level and I can't speak for them but I'm just putting the notion out their. In the book Lan and Morraine were far more competent than any of the Emonds Fielders.

Kate

or we all start at a higher level ... or freeform (pls free form !:) lol

TheVongola10th

I Just figured out the gird system yesterday though x_x lolz

Mysterium

You're doing better than I am! lol Someone...had to help me.  :-[

TheVongola10th

Mysterium

TheVongola10th

Mysterium

Ok here is something of a background for Vitani Chevalier. It's brief. There is more to her but I didn't want to write a novelette.

Vitani Chevalier is from Andor. Not of a noble family. Her parents are farmers.  She’s well trained in stewardship, husbandry (including animal), and educated. There are three children in her family. Her sister, being eldest.  Aellan her brother being the middle child, she the youngest.

The eldest sister is married and moved away.  Vitani did have the chance however to become quite close to her brother. Aellan is her sun, moon and stars.  She grew up adoring and hero worshipping him.  He is the one that taught her   the ‘basics’ of healing.  The pair would heal wounded wild animals and farm animals alike.  Given that her father was training her to deal with trading, Vitani was educated.  At the age of thirteen she could read, write and cipher quite well. 

She showed an affinity with animals early on. When she was the one tending wounded animals they seemed to return to full health somewhat more quickly than if Aellan had.  It wasn’t an instant healing, but the healing occurred at a faster rate.

It wasn’t long after her 13th birthday that Aellan went to the tower. He enrolled in training there to become Gaidin.

It was just six months after this occurrence that her family’s farm was attacked by darkspawn.   Vitani had been in the barn with a cow that was close to birthing time.  In a moment of terror Vitani’s gift wakened.

Aellan had spoken of Vitani to others at the Tower. His stories had given some cause to wonder about his sister having a gift. It just happened one of the Aes Sedai he’d befriended was on her way to meet Vitani, and had arrived just moments before the outburst of her gift.

The attack was dealt with first, then Vitani was found, passed out in the stall buried under hay the cow had churned up.  Within hours of her waking, the Aes Sedai set off for Tar Valon with Vitani in tow. There could be no doubt she was gifted.

Vitani worked very hard. But it hurt for Aellan to be so close, yet she not able to see him often.  He had always been her best friend and confidant. Vitani was very passionate about certain things. It often got her into trouble. She always took her punishment in silence and with good grace.

In her time as Accepted,  she was a busy girl. She was responsible for starting an orphanage/soup kitchen in Tar Valon.  She was instrumental in establishing a collegium of sorts to help train both young and old for better jobs.  She was able to get the guild masters behind her in this endeavor.  She started a hospice outside of the Tower, as well as an area to help tend to the sick animals of the city.  These projects completed  proved her ready for a trip through the arches.

She chose the Yellow in the end.

TheVongola10th

I Will write mine after i finish creating my character x_x lol. ;P

Mysterium

I already had her background. I just need a sheet completed. That is a work in progress which is more than likely half finished.

Zaer Darkwail

Heh, you two work kind of reverse order :).

Anyways I would not mind if Aes Sedai or tower related chars would be higher level. On verge perhaps do the initiation test to choose color and become full fledge Aes Sedai (5th level). Any warden pupils are also 5th level or so.

Also the game will remain in system as I feel most comfortable to GM this as system game.

TheVongola10th

What exactly is the character sheet? just the chosen beginning feats and stats grid et cetra?

Zaer Darkwail

Wait for while, I try dig a charsheet somewhere which shows in here or in online charsheet service (if no one else gets ahead of me).

Mysterium

Yes we do. *chuckles* Her background was already created before I found this thread. I just have to remake her character sheet to fit the needs of this rp.

Aybara

If they are starting above level 1, do the Accepted characters get a few extra weaves that they will have picked up?

Mysterium

Ok...so we're accepted and not Aes Sedai, Zaer?  Accepted aren't allowed outside the tower in general.  Or that was my understanding of cannon. That would kind of put a kink in your plans for our Aes Sedai c's to be in Two Rivers. Wouldn't it?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Moirane could had smuggled pair of accepted out from the tower if she felt she needed pair of accepted involved with her search :). Of course kept dark pretty much what she is doing.

Mysterium

Aybara

Ok here is his character sheet, still needs a bit of a polish but hes done in most respects that count. He doesn't have a tent or anything because he doesn't expect to go traveling any time soon. Around Emonds Field he wont have armour or his sword on him most likely.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=334860

Zaer Darkwail

Thanks :). I will edit the first page count we have at least to Ta'veren and one accepted coming.

Aybara

So the Accepted characters are level four, or was it five, then, you were talking about random extra weaves for them. Would there perhaps be an increased chance for suitable weaves, say for a random example one who was being groomed by the Yellow Ajah? Greater chance for some of the healing weaves? Myself and Mysterium have both been very busy the last week but we have the groundwork done, we just have to level the character up and pick weaves which wont be too bad... since all the feats will likely be the ones needed for Aes Sedai and a similar outlook for the skills.

Zaer Darkwail

They are fifth level chars (the accepted). I allow them learn now this phase 1d4+1 weaves per two levels (so roll 2d4+2) and 4 of them must be suitable for Ajah they have bonded to and fit inside their affinities/talent. Rest then can be any random weaves.

TheVongola10th

I'm hoping to be one of the three ta'veren, am I among the 2 you were referring to, or if I am accepted to be one of the three would I be the third?

Muse

Still got some space for me, Zaer, I know I've been quite for a long time. 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on October 06, 2011, 11:30:19 PM
Still got some space for me, Zaer, I know I've been quite for a long time. 

Your welcome to join :).

Quote from: TheVongola10th on October 06, 2011, 11:13:24 PM
I'm hoping to be one of the three ta'veren, am I among the 2 you were referring to, or if I am accepted to be one of the three would I be the third?

Well, so far as I know we got one local woodsman as ta'veren and one armsman and Muse still got his spot as local quarterstaff master. So there is no longer spots for ta'veren but you could take spot as 5th level char who comes outside Two Rivers (or is from Two Rivers but has traveled a lot). If none the other ta'veren like give up their spots?

Anyways I decided to let any non-taveren start as 5th level char while ta'veren start at 1st (they got a plenty power with their three destiny aspects and they start speedily gain XP along with higher level folks).

TheVongola10th

local woodsman? :S as far as I saw from the above posts I was the first to go with a woodsman... ah well I guess I could look into a different role then :S

Zaer Darkwail

Were you then the woodsman? Bit confused at moment as I do not know what point folks are in char creation and who has taken what so let's do a role call shall we :P.

TheVongola10th

haha, im the one who was asking alot of questions when making my character, I've done everything except the official backstory and final stat sheet like Aybarra posted

TheVongola10th

I'm making a character sheet right now, also I've been wondering this, will this have some content that is "nsfw"? Just noting that this Is posted in the adult groups after all ;P

Zaer Darkwail

Well, the content depends on players :). Unlike from the books we can go much greater details of intimate scenes between lovers (or NC seduction scenes).

TheVongola10th

hehe, kinda hoping there is some ;P also, i was going to have my character be a blacksmith apprentice, would that help any in crafting etc? if so would I only need to put down "Black smith apprentice" for profession and he would get skills for it later? or what would i need to do for my character sheet

also, http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=335154 this is what I have so far, I could use some help xDD

Aybara

Craft is the skill you are looking for with blacksmith being the one you want... and depending on what you were making armour smithing, weapon smithing and lock smithing might also be on the cards for you.
My own character is the son of a local Leather worker so my skill with that is fairly good as he received some training.

You'll want to add in your character class base saves, the saves section is about halfway down the screen, your class has a +1 to Fortitude, +1 to Reflex and +0 for Will. Put those in the boxes to the right under base.
Under armour put in +3 as thats what your class gets towards it defense which contributes to armour class, look at where you put dex in on the sheet and follow along that line to the right to find this section.
You've put in natures warrior but you have to pick an area to specialise in for it to show you being more used to that area, I'd suggest woodlands or possibly mountains given where you grew up as some of the others wouldn't suit in my mind.

You are going to have forty skill points to spend, spend these in your class skills which are listed in your class on the site, you can have up to four ranks in your class skills or two in non class skill but these cost double! You have a lot of skill points so you could be proficient in all the forms of smithing! You fill points in on the character sheet in the skill section below weapons and armour, these skill points go into your rank in the skill, which is the second last column in this section.

While on the subject of skills you will have to pick a background, or in this case because you have to be from Emond's Field it will be Midlander.
This means you will have handle animal, heal, ride and wilderness lore which you will have as additional class skills and you can put four ranks in one right off the bat. All of these are class skills except on the website Wilderness lore which is obviously a clerical error.
Also this means you can choose one background feat from Bullheaded, Luck of Heroes, Militia and Strong Soul. Forget about the mechanics, pick one and note it down and then myself or Zaer will tell you what it does, I'd advise not militia as since you are a woodsman and one of the more combat focused classes you already have the benefits.
You also get one of three gear packages from your background: A) Light Horse and Healers Kit, B) Boar Spear, Longsword, Leather armour, small shield and tent or C) Two Rivers Longbow

Your HP (Hit points) are going to be across the way from your Strength stat as your class gives you eight and your high constitution gives you an additional one.

You can choose one feat and since you are going for wolf brother I'd suggest Latent Wolf Brother in under the dragons banner, if you are willing to take a few points of insanity ahead of schedual you can get the wolf brother feat for free at first level so you could start the game having your eyes begin to change and beginning to hear the call of the wolves.

What style of weapons do you imagine him using?

My character has a masterwork sword and I was thinking if you have craft weapon smith maybe yours crafted it for him as a  going away present when he left a bit over a year ago as a caravan guard?

Zaer Darkwail

Also profession:Blacksmithing can cover generic income as blacksmith while craft measures your skill.

TheVongola10th

Ok, the class skills part lost me. I'm looking at my class information but i don't see class skills, I see bonus feats and other class features that I would get as I level up, is what you are talking about in the pdfs? if so I don't remember seeing any mention of woodsman in them

TheVongola10th

Also do I need Latent at all? Zaer said this earlier when i asked
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 02, 2011, 02:08:36 PM
As note you do not need latent feats to qualify for the actual feats which give the abilities related to old powers :).

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, no need for latent feats as I find it just a unnecesary feat tax for coolness ;). You can have latent feat present you got the ability but it has not yet matured 'active' mode yet. Once active it turns from latent to actual feat.

TheVongola10th

mmmk so it is latent but no cost for wolfbrother when it becomes "active"

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah or you can choose it is active now but we need then roll for your madness rating then (and your eyes would had started to change in color and hear the wolves).

TheVongola10th

ill just list it for wolfbrother(inactive) no need for madness yet ;P

Aybara

Under the Dragons Banner is one of the links.

The Woodsman class skills are: Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Use Rope (Dex).

TheVongola10th

Ohhhhhh ok i thought you just started off with those and it was modified by your stats o.e

TheVongola10th

Aybara

Its any of the other skills on the sheet though ignore spellcraft, wheel of time has weavesight but I don't think non channelers can get that

TheVongola10th

i kinda reset my sheet x_x lol, ill open a new one and copy paste over, what about feats? all i can find for that are lost feats and a lot a feats regarding weaves and such

Aybara

There are lots in the rpg book but you might not have access to that. At lower levels if you want to be good in combat weapon focus (choose a weapon) is good, it give you a bonus +1 to hit.

TheVongola10th

i dont even know of the rpg book o.o, also what about craft armor? i do not see it on here

TheVongola10th

Also what's the difference in Craft, and Craft(weaponsmithing)? and would the latter be a cc for me and cost the extra points? Also I see you are starting off with a masterwork sword, is this because of your background story? and if so how much can you affect your character with your backstory? oh and sorry for so many questions xD

Zaer Darkwail

rpg book is the basic book for wheel of time game as this one. It's not online anywhere and links provided were just 'extras' and 'updates' to classes and stuff in the rpg book.

Anyways craft:armorsmithing is basically craft skill and craft skill is basically create things by rolling d20 and adding craft modifier. Max skill ranks this point is your level + 3. So 5th level char can have 8 ranks in skill. But the amount of skill points (based per level gained in class, first level it's multiplied by 4) is limited. Example you got 4 skill points, you add Int modifier to the number (let's say +2).

You got 6 skill points per level of the class which you have chosen. In first level (the 1st level, not just first level in class) your skill points are multiplied by 4. So you gain 24 skill points in first level. You got 10 class skills, you can give either six skills max ranks (which is 4). Or you can get max rank in two skills while to rest you get just 2 ranks.

Difference in armorsmithing and weaponsmithing is what they do. Armorsmithing focus creation and repair of metal armors (breastplate example). While weaponsmithing focus creation of weapons and repairing them (crafting items take lots of extended time but simple repairs are easy to do).

The bonus items from background are possible :).

TheVongola10th

ok, but what im saying is i saw weaponsmithing but not armoursmithing, at least in Aybarra's char sheet

Aybara

Because I took it, craft isn't one skill its a bunch of skills so each time you take a craft it's skill is separate from the others, I chose craft weaponsmithing because I wanted my character to be able to take care of his sword, my class gets way less skill points than yours. There are a few other crafts as well like carpentry. But craft: blacksmith, craft:weaponsmith, craft armoursmith and maybe craft locksmith are the ones a blacksmith might get.

TheVongola10th

interesting, so what would you suggest if I wanted to be a blacksmith that specializes in weapons, but also Can do armor?  and would this be a non-class skill, or would it be a class skill since i get "craft"?

Mysterium

Zaer, you never did say if you approved of Vitani's background. I've got the rpg book now in pdf file. I'll be working towards finalizing something soon. I've got a cold or a flu or something icky my poor brain is not quite functional.

TheVongola10th

Mysterium

Mhmm *nod nod* I'm gonna be gettin my hands on the Big Damn Heroes (aka Firefly) rpg set too if I can *grins*

TheVongola10th

lucky.. i didnt even know about the book till earlier today...

P.S. 100th reply woot ;P

Mysterium

*chuckles* I hear you. I am a huge fan of Firefly too. I've rp'd it in a Mush as well.

TheVongola10th

Mysterium

It's a very short series created by Joss Whedon. It's like a space western.

Aybara

A sci fi western that really is very good, it only has twenty four episodes I think because fox showed it out of order so people didn't know what the hell was going on. The characters were very well developed and had great back stories. Do yourself a favour find the first episode online and watch it, you'll likely like it in which case great, if you don't it's no big loss. Great dialogue, great characters, great story. It's got a 9.5/10 from me! It'd have gotten ten but even with the movie I want more and that damn dastardly fox spoiled it all! *cries*

NicciKotor

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Muse

Aybara

I believe we do Niccikotor, I think all the Ta'veren spots are filled but that means you have some advantages on us. You're not bound to have your character be from Emond's Field for one and your character will start off more powerful at level five!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Mysterium on October 07, 2011, 07:31:46 PM
Zaer, you never did say if you approved of Vitani's background. I've got the rpg book now in pdf file. I'll be working towards finalizing something soon. I've got a cold or a flu or something icky my poor brain is not quite functional.

Oh, sorry! I checked it out and it's okay to me :). A bit dramatic as she was able to channel and take care for trollocs. Perhaps first level wilder and then initiate the rest?

Quote from: NicciKotor on October 08, 2011, 01:45:48 AM
Still room in this?

Yeah, so far as Aybara said this game has likely all ta'veren filled in but you can roll up any other char (which starts in 5th level no less). So party composition should be three first level ta'veren and two to four 5th level chars (plus Lan and Mograine). So I do not feel reason pull punches when trolloc attack starts in Edmon's Field and can actually use quite sizeable group of trollocs which matches party's total CR.

Also ta'veren do not need feel shy to take non-channeler levels, as said half levels in non-channeler class count towards your channeling levels once you take level as channeler (so we can create Rand alike char who is mix of hardcore fighter and skilled channeler without crippling himself completely multiclassing around). Also makes possible a high level noble suddenly develop wilder powers when his sleeping spark awakens fully (as said spark awakening can occur anypoint of life and it does not happen always in childhood).

But once it's clear who the three kids is dragon reborn I need GM force place you at least one level as wilder and then you can continue progress as you like.

Aybara

Damn we had sorted out for the first level to be Initiate, ok we can sort that out later. Are you familiar Niccikotor with the system its very similar to 3.5 DND but some of us have experience and can answer questions for you if needed.

Zaer Darkwail

Initiate can also work but I thinked it makes more 'sense' if she started as wilder as she manifested her powers fully spontaneously and then worked to become initiate after that (but she can take remove block only at 3th level or so). But good side if she takes 3 levels as wilder she learns nicely weaves and then learns 1d4+1 as initiate which 2 must belong to her Ajah/Talent/Affinity (and rest where they can go). Usually talented Aes Sedai begin as wilders.

TheVongola10th

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=335154
This is what I have now, Is there anything else anyone can point out that I need, as a side note I do not have the rpg book

Aybara

In the melee attack and ranged attack bit halfway down the page put +1 in the base attack column instead of 0.

Bellow this are weapons you have:
Boar Spear  Attack Bonus +4 Damage 2d4+3 Critical 20/x3 Weight 15lb
Long Sword Attack Bonus +4 Damage 1d8+3 Critical 19-20/x2 Weight 10lb

Aside from that you are good to go.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kate on October 03, 2011, 08:49:00 AM
I would adore to use a character i made ... this one.

Loved the series.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117598.msg5137668#msg5137668

Two things .. you may get more girls applying if it is a freeform game (and plot can move faster)

Also if Zaer you are only interested in gm'ing this if it is hands down a system game, must it start at level 1 ?

Ah, sorry, I forgot comment on this one (was brought to attention via PM). Anyways the basic background is ok but you need tone down the char so that she does not have any angreals and such. She can be a 5th level novice with wealthy merchant background (and so wealthy nobles took notice of it in end).

Mysterium

Ok so, my sheet is almost completed. So where do I put this online? I'm not even certain how to do this atm. Or shall we just post it all up in here?

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, myth-weavers is good for it altough not sure they got the wheel of time charsheet.

TheVongola10th

I'll write my back story soon, any suggestions for starting items? I was thinking maybe some blacksmithing tools that I had made myself, which could be sold at some point or something, and maybe an ornate hammer, (or axe if following Perrin who is whom I'm modeling my character off of) and some such. All through my backstory of course.

Mysterium

Zaer,

I have all but her hit points and gear done up on this thing at myth weaver.  How do you want me to figure her hp? Can you also let me know about the gear?

Thank you!

Aybara

Vongola I know you want to model him after Perrin but doing it too closely might not be the greatest idea, give him a bit of room to breath without the axe as it is very important to Perrin starting off. A smiths hammer if you want to link it in to the blacksmith thing works. Maybe a favoured hunting spear?

TheVongola10th

Mysterium

Zaer are you there? *pokes* I can't finish those last two things on my sheet without you. I also sent you the link for my sheet... ??

Mysterium

I had lots of help with my own, so I wouldn't be much use unfortunately.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Mysterium on October 14, 2011, 11:50:02 AM
Zaer are you there? *pokes* I can't finish those last two things on my sheet without you. I also sent you the link for my sheet... ??

I am here, just damn busy during first week of school as it was start of the shared lessons seasons (math, culture and history, culture and language and public speaking lessons and physics and chemistry etc). But now got week long holiday with no school so I get some slack off done as GM past days :P.

Anyways I want be generous and want max players survival so all HP rolls are maxed out. Also starting gear hmmm......I say you roll the starting amount crowns like with first level chars but add in your present level (which is 5) and then multiply by 10. Also no angreals or like that, most gold is likely for luxury stuff or masterwork weapons or armors (or perhaps one power created weapon, recall they had pricey pricetag and heronmarked sword).

I prefer however let you discover the 'magic items' in game than grant them via gold tough. Anyways post charsheets in here and I try collect and bundle them to first post as I did in drow game.

Mysterium

Thank you! I'm nearly finished. Tomorrow, I will work on gear. Then do my best to have my sheet posted before midnight my time.

Mysterium

Zaer,

As I work out the 'items' list I find I have questions!

There are 'common sense' inventory items that Accepted leaving the Tower under order of an Aes Sedai wouldn't be expected to pay for out of their own pocket. Things such as a horse, saddle bags, and the 'necessities' such as food, bedroll, blanket, tent... things of this nature. Is this in line with your idea of things?

Mysterium

Here it is! MANY thanks and MUCH appreciation for the one who helped! *passes snugs his way*

It's finished!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=336550

SO....let's goooo!

Also, here is a picture of her!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/M00nchy1de/Vitani.jpg

Kate

Kate

Zaer Darkwail

Both chars looking good :). Altough with Kate's char I wonder how she got hands on Cloud Dancing talent? Did she somehow have innate sense for weather controlling weaves somereason or did she get a rare chance mentor under the seafolk wind mistress a extended period?

Anyways 2 accepted initiates of Aes Sedai and so far 2-3 ta'verens am I right?

TheVongola10th

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, 5 was minimum and 7 max but wonder is there any more folks in here who have not finished chars quite yet :P. Need check them but going to be busy today (3.0 City of Spider Queen module needs updated 3.5 edition for tomorrow my gaming group who starts it again; third time to get it done and they retooled their chars hyper lot so I need retool module to make sense).

TheVongola10th

i have my stats sheet, just gotta write my background story

Aybara

She chose it because I suggested it, I forgot about the Sea Folk thing but its not exactly a lost talent. Moraine and Nyneave both show some skill in it, Nyneave with foretelling the weather and Moraine creates for using it. Mostly I suggested it because that way the two Aes Sedai characters would have different talents and both be bringing different things to the game.

Kate

Suggestions of the sea-folk being a mentor i understand (I have read the series)

I would adore to have a in-ate talent in it (if everything has to be taught and no "talents" exist ... who taught the first ?)

... I will update her background such that she often spent time in the white tower on the rooftops of the initiate's towers during stormy weather regardless if it was raining, and would often lean into wards the wind, placing her trust in being able to feel for wind changes... over time she began to feel its moods, and ... a new talent appeared.

(Is this acceptable?)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kate on October 18, 2011, 06:30:05 AM
Suggestions of the sea-folk being a mentor i understand (I have read the series)

I would adore to have a in-ate talent in it (if everything has to be taught and no "talents" exist ... who taught the first ?)

... I will update her background such that she often spent time in the white tower on the rooftops of the initiate's towers during stormy weather regardless if it was raining, and would often lean into wards the wind, placing her trust in being able to feel for wind changes... over time she began to feel its moods, and ... a new talent appeared.

(Is this acceptable?)

It is accetable that you gained Cloud Dancing through self-discovery and attuning yourself to weather patterns and so on. Sea folk training is not 100% needed get the talent but it is indeed a very rare talent consider a much more common ones showing up.

Kate

TheVongola10th

Zaer Darkwail

You can post it in here, as GM I need see it anyway but if it has some private plot hooks put them into spoiler or PM them.

Mysterium

PaleEnchantress

This sounds great but I don't know much about the setting. My friends have toldme a bit about it though.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Karasu

if Pale's joining I'm so in mostly cause this seems like something I wanan learn XD
Removed, due to vandalism.

Aybara

Well we seem to be doing an alternate universe version of the first book in this campaign so the main story might be more fun for you not to know as everything will be a surprise.

What kind of personality do you like for your characters and some of us could suggest countries that might suit?

Just a few very short points that the average person would know. Important bits are (you probably know a lot of this from your friends saying it but just in case):

Magic users are called channelers
Male channelers go mad and are extremely dangerous.
Female channelers go to be trained in the White Tower to join the Aes Sedai in Tar Valon.
An Aes Sedai can't lie but the truth they tell you isn't always the one you think it is.
Magic is very rare in this world to the extent that you could lead your life without ever meeting someone who could channel or had an item made by the one power.
The Deity of the world is a vague entity refered to as the Creator or the Light.
There is also the Dark One who people do not use his name directly for fear it will bring his ire.
The world was once sundered by the Dragon and it is believed he will be reborn but as to what he will do is something most people don't think of... there are plenty of prophecies though.
Popular curse phrases include "Blood and Ashes" and "Mothers Milk"
There is an area of land tainted by the Dark One far to the North bordered by the various nations which make up the borderlands.

Some of this information is only partially right but its what the average person during this period would know from what I've read in the books.

PaleEnchantress

Ive been skimming the books and can say Id already like to be a Dreadlord who uses the true power.

Zaer Darkwail

Rofl, sorry, I do not allow PC's get hands on to be dreadlords :P. However some PC could change sides to traitor is possible (like nobleman who became able channel, wanders in country and joins party but then get seduced to dark side and make oaths yada and then your dreadlord).

Anyways Kate I checked your char more thoroughly and I noticed no link for the diceroll result for your stats and for point buy your a 4pts beyond the budjet. So you can lower charisma or wisdom by 2pts to meet the requirement. Or one point from both.

PaleEnchantress

Karasu

hey Pale if you want a pet similar to Micar from the Drow game lemem know oki?

PaleEnchantress

It depends on what I can come up with for this game. If I do join though I would enjoy such a companion.

PaleEnchantress

From what I know of the series Lanfear is someone I could get behind emulating

Karasu

Aybara

Zaer I was wondering what section the game would be going in when the game starts?

PaleEnchantress

Since the 3 "main" characters of the series seem to be emulated through the 3 main men your looking for. I do think id like to base my character somewhat off Lanfear. She was a forsaken who sought to destroy the dark one.Then again most of the forsaken were more interested in dominatig then destroying. I read the rpg book but i'd like a bit of help Zaer to fit in with what you desire.

Zaer Darkwail

The series indeed focus on the three men, as they all three are strong ta'veren but strongest is the one who is going to be Dragon Reborn. Also incase if you did not know; Lanfear was woman who wanted to love the Dragon but he refused take her and instead loved another woman. So Lanfear seeks by default seduce Dragon Reborn to dark side and become her lover finally, but incase if spurn second time she then is most relentless and reckless foe what Dragon Reborn can face (beware woman's wrath they say :P).

Anyways nothing wrong base your char little like Lanfear but you cannot be the Lanfear. Wikipedia has more info about forsaken and so on. Anyways as said and done; we got clearly two ta'veren as I haven't heard about the third one. So we need one male ta'veren at least added to the mix and then we can consider start the game (and perhaps accept one or two more people in with 5th level chars, preferably non-aes sedai as armsman, woodsman or even wanderer. Aiel would be quite far shot to be here at the area this point and time).

Anyways the game is likely going system small group and likely NC section as NC events are possible (and exotic maybe as there are non-humans in the setting like trollocs).

PaleEnchantress

Karasu may likely be the third ta'veren as she may be the counter point to me.

Aybara

To be honest I don't particularly love the idea of NC stuff in the game, it doesn't really fit with the feel of the world at least the way I imagine it. I know it's very tentatively touched on that some of the Forsaken get involved to that stuff but its not really something explored in the books. To put it bluntly it makes me consider if I'll enjoy the game, I have been looking forward to it but it might be best if I consider if I'll be comfortable playing in it.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if that is the issue for going NC section we could move to normal system small group game with exotic tag (as try convince me ogier, trollocks or gray men for being 'normal humanoids').

Anyways as said PaleEnchantress I do not let anyone expect me control forsaken in this game. They are most major mojos in service of the dark and so I control all the npc's in the game. You can may perhaps create 5th level PC who is actually dark friend (a lowest ranked follower of the dark lord) who tries seduce dragon reborn to darkness like Lanfear does (but as said; your not Lanfear and you should to be damn scared if she comes into picture and if she ever hears about your messing around with dragon reborn).

TheVongola10th

Nehal al'Payn was a normal, everyday lad from the Two Rivers, at least so he had thought, he was young, of a moderately tall height, and broad of shoulder. He spent his time as an apprentice to Master al'Shar, an expert blacksmith. Master al'Shar was a kind, but hard man, he always worked Nehal hard, but not to the point of extremes, he even allowed Nehal to keep one of the masterful hammers he had made, it seemed the buyer dropped out of the deal and no one around would want such a thing, so he had given it to him. He dreamed of exploring outside of the Two Rivers, of seeing the great cities of the world, little did he know that soon he would have the chance to do just that.

how's this? Sorry I'm not good at making good backgrounds, and to me it seems more like a intro than a background :S constructive criticism anyone?

Zaer Darkwail

Counts kinda both as intro and background :). It's decent but your better think your char bit deeper; Does Nehal al'Payn have parents or siblings? If so what their names are and what they briefly are as people and how he feels about them. How he end up apprenticeship as a blacksmith? Was he good at it, a family tradition or own interest. Or was he forced work at first as form of punishment but then started do willingly that sort of work as he enjoyed it?

Also bit personality if any. But overall your background is good as it is but as GM I like grasp onto PC's family members if I can and tackle them to plot if possible.

TheVongola10th

Mysterium

Thank you for the clarification on several things that had me wondering, Zaer.

I myself, am not interested in this story being NC. With the distinct possibility of possibly more than half of the channelers being 'dark friends' that is NOT something I desire nor would I enjoy it.

I don't mind there being sexual elements, I simply prefer to have a choice.

M

Kate

i think what zear was implying is that nc things happen in the world (not necessarily to our characters)

ie you hear wind that a group of trollocs have raped and pillaged three villages close-by three months ago and its now burnt to the ground and the few survivors have fleed to ... X.

Zear has read the series and there are no explicit rape scenes etc, which i think some who are against nc were worried about.

Even from just a politics perspective this game could be really interesting there are a lot of proud powerful cultures.

Mysterium

I've read the majority of the series too, Kate. I'm 'rereading' now. I 'get' what happened in the story perfectly. My concern, is that actual PC's abuse such a thing. It was not made clear to me that it wouldn't be possible. Being raped, or forced to endure those things by Pale's character, or even yours...not saying it would happen....is not my idea of 'fun'. The point is, it was not clarified, and I do not want the chance to be given to a darkfriend to violate my character in such ways. NC = non concent To me, that says "Yes your character could be raped etc... and you can do nothing about it" Yea...not where I want to go at all.  Not to mention the fact that there would be NO saving roll at all should one of said 'dark friends' decide to 'still' my character.

Aybara

I really don't think games have to go into the NC section because at some stage someone says "The trollocs I heard they raped and pillaged the village to the north." I might be mistaken in this I'm new to the site but I really didn;t get the impression that was what it was for. By the same leap of logic almost any game would be forced into NC because in the world it could happen and could be mentioned. I had the impression the section was to clearly show what might happen in the game.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, NC section does mean non consensual events targeted on players mostly. But consider little of the NC stuff which we can just write out for being 'has happened so' instead going detail we can stay in the normal exotic small group game setup until 1,000 posts.

Also I do need refresh myself sooner or later, but was preoccupied last week to pick my own hardcover copy of the first part :P. I would be glad if folks would help me count so far all submited charsheets, names and roles filled so I know what we are missing and what we have now.

Mysterium

Ok, this is what I have thus far! No one else has actually produced more than 'ideas'. If Muse is Ta'veren...would you please tell me so I may update this list??

Muse =    Ren Al'Seen: Two Rivers Junior Division Quarterstaff Champion. Dai'dore/Wilder
Mysterium=   Vitani Chevalier  Accepted, bound for the Yellow Ajah from Andor
Aybara = Daniel al'Forel  He's an armsman. A former caravan guard until he returned back to the two rivers recently. Ta’veren
Kate=   Sylvia          Accepted
The Vongolo10th =  Nehal al'Payn  Woodsman From the Emond's Field  Wolfbrother talent  Ta'veren 

Aybara

Kate

Mysterium

Mysterium

Zaer,

I have a suggestion. Can't we just put this game on the "Light:Big groups" board? Then we wouldn't have to move to another board.

Zaer Darkwail

Problem going to big groups is that we need 1,000 post for our game thread before we can move there (rules are rules). But I will start the game thread this weekend. I recall Muse had ta'veren also and I send him poke now inform the game is starting (I need the ta'verens).

Mysterium

Yes, I am still learning how things work here.  *nods then pouts* Oh...ok you dun need the girls eh? *snickers*

Muse

Hi everyoen, sorry I fell so far behind. 

I still owe a sheet before I can begin, and I think i have one half made! 

Muse

Aybara

TheVongola10th

Muse

Okay, Ren is ready except for the Ta'veren destiny things. 

Which ones are taken? 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheVongola10th on October 28, 2011, 11:09:41 AM
yay so it starts soon? :P

Starts now; OOC Thread, IC Thread, Charsheet thread

Feel free pick any three destinies Muse, stacking over with destinies do not hurt so long the three destinies form a theme. I recall one had luck, battle and death (meaning his presence creates big battles which causes lots of death and he survives by narrow pinch of luck).

Aybara

If it's me you are talking about I thought it was death, luck and sorrow but he is an armsman so sorrow will often take the form of battle.

Zaer Darkwail

*bump*

I have lost some players and I need new ones. 2 are regular posters (a Two River man who is Ta'veren), Intitiate (Aes Sedai accepted) and another Two River man/boy who is Ta'veren also.

So spots what I want to fill is one regular posting Two River origin based male char who is Ta'veren. Then two to three outsiders who get benefit to start as 5th level chars (any char from two River starts as 1st level char).

Sahariel

Hi, I would like to offer my services. I have read the books, all the way through The Path of Daggers and I love the series, I am currently reading Winter's Heart. Are there any strictures on creating the Two River Ta'verens?

I am reading the thread in its entirety, I also have a lot of experience with D20. Fifth level?

OldSchoolGamer

Is the system used in this game public domain?  If so, where can I view it?

Zaer Darkwail

I am not sure is anywhere wheel of time RPG rules in any public domain. Only public what I found are the links in first page regarding char creation.

Anyways Ta'veren start as first level chars, anyone else who could have wounded up in Two River starts fifth level.

If you want create char by hand held manner you can PM to Aybara.

Sahariel

Hey guys,

So I am wrapping up my sheet and I have some tentative info and a question.

Name: Bran Al’sain
Class: First Level Wilder.
Ta'veren Aspects: Glory, Madness, Death

Do these aspects work? I mean are they sufficiently different from the aspects the other two ta'veren have selected?

Thanks guys =) Sahariel

Aybara

Welcome aboard Sahariel, that is if Zaer approves your character, my ta'veren Daniel al'Forel was Death, Luck and Sorrow so I don't think there is a huge overlap.

OSG if you use the links Zaer has provided it'll give you a fair idea but failing that on any parts you are confused in you can PM me as I am lucky enough to have a physical copy of the book.

Zaer Darkwail

I approve the char, interesting. I would like know how he manifested his powers or are they dormant phase atm?

OldSchoolGamer

Here's my character concept: an early middle-aged female merchant.  She's one of those people who can get it for you, whatever "it" happens to be: an exotic herb, a rare book, a trinket or bauble, and of course more common sundries for everyone from farmwives to adventurers.  At a significant mark-up, of course, because she's not in this as a public service.

She came from a hardscrabble, peasant background, so she's no soft, supple aristocrat.  She's quite handy with a bow, and can hold her own in a brawl and with a knife, too.  She has friends in low places as well as moderately high, having earned the respect of local merchants guilds...as well as thieves' guilds.  She has a reputation for reliability: her word, once given in a matter of business and profession, is her bond.  This is not to say she is incapable of telling a lie, or not telling the whole truth, but if she says she will do something in the course of her business, it gets done, even at substantial risk and cost to her.  In a world of non-performers, grifters, bullshitters and confidence men, that alone is worth much.

She has a shop, but she also caravans in the summer, buying and selling in places along key trade routes.  She is as much at home on the road as she is in her shop in Baerlon. 

I figure there are plenty of potential plot hooks in this background.  Someone in her profession is certainly privy to the news of the world.  And who knows what exotic items might somehow come into her possession--like a long-lost angreal, for instance--and who may also seek those items.

As far as sexuality, she will be heterosexual.  She's been around the block, so pretty much any sexual situation she ends up in is fine with me.

Sahariel

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I think they would only manifest when he is afraid . . . at least at this point.

Aybara

Sahariel I don't think Zaer meant does he have a block as male wilders in the system don't have one. Zaer might (or it might be me who is making false assumptions) be asking how did his powers first manifest? Have they yet to manifest? Does he know he is using them?

For example in the book Rand has been using his abilities for a while by the sounds of it just not often and not on a conscious level. Lightning hitting a tree he had been trying to cut down, removing fatigue from Egwene's  horse. Or did you mean you're RPing him with a block or at least an inhibition against using his powers?

Muse

The way I read the system, Aybara, male wilders still have the block, but they have the option of using a first level feat to get rid of it. 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on January 03, 2012, 01:47:47 AM
The way I read the system, Aybara, male wilders still have the block, but they have the option of using a first level feat to get rid of it.

Aye, above is correct. I was curious for the first event where channeling occured and it often involves the block what wilders have.

Muse

Ren's block is overcome by lust.  :) 

There was a girl like that at the white tower once.  They broke her block by finding a boy she was sweet on, getting her twin brother to dress in her clothes, then having the twin take off her shirt while the novice was channeling. 

Sahariel

Quote from: Aybara on January 02, 2012, 06:58:23 AM
Sahariel I don't think Zaer meant does he have a block as male wilders in the system don't have one. Zaer might (or it might be me who is making false assumptions) be asking how did his powers first manifest? Have they yet to manifest? Does he know he is using them?

For example in the book Rand has been using his abilities for a while by the sounds of it just not often and not on a conscious level. Lightning hitting a tree he had been trying to cut down, removing fatigue from Egwene's  horse. Or did you mean you're RPing him with a block or at least an inhibition against using his powers?

So, I am not sure if his powers as a channeler have manifested, yet.

I picked Dreamer as his initial talent though, I hope this is okay. In his background story it's implied that his father is also a dreamer and channeler and that it drove him mad. At this point, Bran is having really sinister nightmares I was thinking maybe someone or something is messing with him in his dreams.

Mysterium

Welcome to the game! Sorry it took so long for me to say 'Hi'. We've finally gotten our house somewhat unpacked!!

M

Sahariel

Thank you, Mysterium.

I am looking forward to Bel Tine =)  You play an Aes Sedai?

Mysterium

No, she is only "Accepted" as of yet. She is bound for the Yellow Ajah, however. *smiles*

M

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Sahariel on January 06, 2012, 06:21:58 AM
And at long last . . .

I give you Bran

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=355318

Ok, feel free post when you can in the IC thread. Anyways there ar eno 'latent' feats but more you gain the feat directly and it's up to you when they go fully active (like example wolfbrother; you may have feat but want roleplay initial wolf vs man encounter to trigger it active).