Fiery Wings Recuitment (full) [Pathfinder]

Started by Petrus02, March 17, 2017, 06:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petrus02

SO, to remind everyone of the  initial idea, I'll just copy paste it here:

QuoteOnce upon a time there was a young man in a quiet, secluded village dreaming about adventure, fame, riches, and... whatever else might swirl around in a young man's head. When one day a heavily wounded girl, chased by a group of goblins arrives in his village, he immediately rushes over to help her. Who is she? And, more importantly: Who is the naked beauty with the fiery wings, who rescued them both, telling him "Heaven wants you to spread your seed as far as you can."?!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Firstoff an apology, my mind is a swirling mess of ideas, so i just type them down all for now, and will keep ordering them as i go, expect quite a few changes to the layout of this thread, but there will only be more information added, never removed.

(information about the village were beginning at, by the game will stay there by no means - be prepared to set out into a world full of adventure, romance and intrigues!)

Welcome to the village of Mormouth, a small village where roughly 100 mortal souls live a piecefull life, secluded and sheltered from most of the rest of the world. Mormouth is Part of the Kingdom of Pitax, one of the countless Realms of the Riverkingdoms, but so far away from Pitax-city its a rare event to even see a royal tax collector from Pitax more then once a year in Mormouth. Largely self-sufficient, and faroff from any trading routes Mormouth rarely sees any visitors, numerian barbarian raiding parties, goblin attacks from a mountain goblin tribe and rogue mercenaries from either Pitax or the far away Daggermark collecting protection money being among the most common, each happening once or maybe twice a decade.

Aside from those rare disturbances, life in Mormouth as a farmer, shepherd or logger is peacefull, with daily duties occupying all adults at the daytime, with a shared self-distilled drink in the one big communityhouse marking the end of the day. That is why the arrival of a traveler would be a memorable event, and that is why no one in the whole village even thought of the Events to come...

I'm looking for someone to play the young man, and at least two to play permanent or semi-permanent companions on his quest. You may also mark interest in playing NPC's and/or enemies,i will be writing you a pm with a short description(don't worry, you will have a lot of freedom to make the character truly your own) later in the story. Examples for such could be potential consorts of the male, reoccurring enemies or important NPCs.

Although you already know what will be happening, i do want to play the namesake scene.

Important note: This will NOT be first come - first serve. I'll be waiting at least until next Friday, so feel free to just post interest and a very rough idea first, and keep refining, or just post a fully fledged character if you already have one.

due to the specific character requirements for this story of mine you may submit more than one character, one for the male and one for the female companions if you want to.

extra note for the females: go wild with your imagination :-) i certainly want this game to have a anime-like feeling, That's why i have no problems with an elven runaway princess, an acolyte of the god of war, or just the childhood friend of the male, suddenly awakening sorcerous power within her! (of course that's just  examples^^ feel free to create whatever character you like.)

another extra note for the females: consider how you want your relationship with the male to be. There does not has to be romance or smut between them,  but your character will be accompanying him, so think of or work out a reason why with me.

Character creation stuff:

Playable races:

Boy: Human, Half-Elf, Elf or one of the elemental races
Girls: All Core races, minus the Halfling, the gnome, and the dwarf, as i feel such are just excuses to play a child character (and in case of dwarf i have an irrational hate of dwarves). The elemental races, asimaar, tiefling, drow and the Gillmen are fine too.
10 pt buy for the  male
20 pt buy for the females

Characters start out as level 3, a broken weapon of their choice, a backpack with 3 day's worth of rations, a spare set of clothing, and a broken armor (if any) from the following selection: Padded Armor, Hide Armor, or Splintmail
Melee characters get either power attack or combat expertise for free, as long as they fullfill the requirements, ranged characters get deadly aim, magical characters can chose between spell specialization or spell focus.
Its sort of a no-brainer, but... no normal summoner. That thing is Overpowered. Go unchained of you want to play a summoner.
I will not outright ban it, but i am unfamiliar with the occult nonsense.
No 3rd party stuff

PhantomPistoleer

Still interested.  I will submit a male and female.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

I will submit a male char but if that does not work out, I volunteer to run NPC's/Monsters for the story :). Basically if I cannot be 'protagonist' then can be 'antagonist'.

Kathyan

Still interested in this, I will think of an idea to submit for one of the female companions ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Siu the Bold Sheperd
Siu is a young shepherd which was taken in by aging couple living in Mormouth. He was found eigtheen years ago by couple's doorsteps and they searched widely in village and neighboring village for parents or mother missing a child....but alas no one knew who the child was. The aging couple then took child in and raised him like one of them own. His adopted parents are Chuang (shepherd) and Yi (herbalist and best cook in the village even if her dishes are bit exotic side). The couple are not natives to area; they both were refugees from a distant country which was attacked by monsters and they both ran far as they could from war....until they stopped at Mormouth and they fell in love with area and settled in. They years tried to get child but failed everytime and stillbirths grew more hazardous and so they gave up, so Siu was blessing to them from heavens.

Siu grew up in village like any children, even if he had bit odd origins but it did not matter children. Only what oddly stood out was his different colored eyes (heterochromia), one being sky blue and other green. Siu was bold child, ambitious too as he dreamed that he will become a adventurer who reaps spoils in world and becomes a lord or even a king...no one knows why he dreams so. He is not unhappy for his parents nor his life....it's just feels boring to him. Mind boggling boring. Because of his desire for excitement he wandered the lands around village and became quite familiar with it, in truth he found some excellent grazing areas for his father's goats and sheeps thanks his explorations and he helps sometimes his mother in collecting herbs for medicine and for food (which follows cuisine of her exotic home country). He also places traps around in woods for small game like rabbits, these activities help ease his boredom but he still dreams on adventure and glory.

One day while camping he woke up and found a black bladed sword besides him?! In a fine scabbard?! He asked all over town for the owner of the blade but nobody had idea who the owner of blade was....so Siu kept the blade until owner arrives asking for it. But truth told he had taken the blade and done some silly self-practices with it in the woods, wildly spinning and swinging it around and overall playing with it (despite his father sternly telling him not to fool with it, but he allows it as sword may be last defense for Siu in case of wolves or beasts). The sword feels...oddly natural in Siu's grasp, solid, balanced and overall he swears at times he may hear blade speak or commune to him and give 'visions' how properly wield it....but that may just be his wild imagination.

However, in end, if nothing else the one thing which would hold him back is his crush upon one village girls; (need fellow PC name here). Siu feels restless, edgy and feels butterflies flutter in his stomach. At first they were childhood friends who had loads of fun but then she grew cuter and even more cuter as she grew older and before Siu realized it; his friend had become breathtaking beautiful young woman which makes his body feel hot all around. In his nervous manner he haven't told her his feelings....but he likes hang around her and be with her for whatever reasons he may have and more than once thought ask her come join him help load hane in the haystack....he had heard some older boys having fun with girls on the hay and he is curious what the big deal is.

Then fate throws twisted epic destiny plot on it's way to him....

Notes
Need a fellow PC (or GM ran NPC) to be childhood crush for trait purposes. Also besides basic gear my char has no armor no other weapon besides black blade which counts as +1 enchanted already. Also my char has no idea of arcane pool (it's more instinctive use of it) and he has no spells as he has no spellbook (he needs someone mentor him and teach magic and give spellbook and spell components and teach he can channel spells through his blade). He has kensai stuff because he has self-trained a lot and the blade 'quietly' guides him without directly speaking to him yet. But GM can anypoint make blade to talk as blade is rather most recent (past year) discovery. Also Siu soon turns to 18 (birthday a week's away).

Will update background based on applications what other players present :). Being orphan is open plot device for GM to use as he sees fit.

HopeFox

This looks fun! I'm tempted by an Oracle of Nature with the Lame curse. Maybe she's one of the villagers who decides to accompany the hero on his journey, or maybe she's the girl chased by goblins! In any event, she's definitely very pretty and very slutty, but also terribly clumsy. :)
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=358012.0

Gateman

I'm interested in this plot, but I've got a few questions.

• I see you have a limit on races, will you also have one on classes? I've been wanting to run a skald for a while now.
  • I'm rather new to Pathfinder, and DnD style games in general. Played plenty of tabletops like blood bowl, but for RPGs I've only got, like, one game of DnD 3.5e under my belt. Will you be okay with that?
  • Finally, I'm confused about the buy in thing. What exactly is the system for (and out of curiousity, why do females get double the points)?

Petrus02

Oracle sounds completely fine :-) but chasing a lame girl... i think the goblins would have catched her before she got to the village. unless... of course the goblins chased her for fun, knowing that she cannot escape anyway. I'm fine with the idea either way.

The only class i ban outright is the normal (non-unchained) summoner, and i'm not familiar with the occult classes which is why i would like to not see too many of them. Skald and the other classes from the advanced class guide are fine.

I have no problems with a beginner in Pathfinder. Ask and you will be helped :-)

The point thingy is more of a story tool. I want a rather weak male in the beginning, who has to rely on his companions to get things done, but he will slowly but surely catch up and eventually get better than his friends

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Petrus02 on March 19, 2017, 07:44:29 AM
The point thingy is more of a story tool. I want a rather weak male in the beginning, who has to rely on his companions to get things done, but he will slowly but surely catch up and eventually get better than his friends

Yeah, the usual harem protagonist is pretty gimped at beginning and depends more on his harem around him in the start. But I hope my char is okay to you (the black blade sort of skips over from taking broken weapon and not using armor at all thanks kensai archtype also skips using broken armor as well). But I hope the few features from him (childhood crush, black blade, mysteriously dropped off to aged couple's doorstep) gives plot ideas besides fiery winged woman's encounter ;). But in return even if my char is 3th level magus, he does not know any spells (he lacks spellbook) so some class features remain dormant until he finds mentor who knows his potential able wield magic.

I myself went for magus because it provides flexible base for protagonist to able fight with sword but also use magic (kensai takes keen focus more on swordplay in itself).

Petrus02

Kensai is fine too, at level 3 you get 3 points of int to your AC, so thats roughly light armor, and the bladebound... well it seems everyone who goes Magus goes bladebound... of course I'll give no guarrantees at this point, but should your character make it in you can expect the blade to have a purpose which it will want to follow, as per black blade^^

HopeFox

Oracle sounds completely fine :-) but chasing a lame girl... i think the goblins would have catched her before she got to the village. unless... of course the goblins chased her for fun, knowing that she cannot escape anyway. I'm fine with the idea either way.

Great! I'll work on some ideas. I mostly imagine her as just one of the villagers who comes along on the quest, if someone else wants to play the girl chased by goblins, but I can slot her into that role if nobody else wants it.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=358012.0

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Petrus02 on March 19, 2017, 08:16:22 AM
Kensai is fine too, at level 3 you get 3 points of int to your AC, so thats roughly light armor, and the bladebound... well it seems everyone who goes Magus goes bladebound... of course I'll give no guarrantees at this point, but should your character make it in you can expect the blade to have a purpose which it will want to follow, as per black blade^^

Well, my Int is 14 atm so only +2 to AC through that (in 4th level can add +1 to dexterity and so gain +1 more AC and attack rolls). Idea is enter Swordlord PrC for at least 2 level dip (able add Dex to dmg with dueling sword is pretty nice). Then later level stat upragdes go to Int exclusively. Anyways I do expect a purpose for my black blade for sure, but for now blade has been silent and more emphatic communication with my char for somereason :).

Anyways I do hope to get accepted but if not, I can run monsters/NPC's or potential antagonists for the protagonist.

Deathnote

Any room for a Bromantic foil in the group or will it just be the one male protagonist? :p

Examples of Bromantic Foil: Shuu from Nisekoi, Touji from Tokyo Ravens, Klein from SAO, Kiba from Highschool DxD, Yosuke from Persona 4

Zaer Darkwail

I myself would not be against bromantic foil in the group :). Up to GM though.

Autocad

Lulu the Apprentice (Wizard 3 character sheet in progress)
Lulu was an apprentice to a wizard. Her parents were elves who lived in / watched over a nearby forest, but when she showed more proficiency with a book than a bow, she was apprenticed to a local hedge wizard to develop her talents. They visited her only once each year to check up on her progress, the rest of the time she was part wizard's apprentice and part live-in domestic servant. Between the demands of work and cleaning/cooking/chores, she spent most of her time cooped up in the wizard's tower unless an errand forced her outside. Not that she had many friends outside, being noticeably different from the mostly human children, especially her pointy ears which she got teased about more than once. The years passed and she grew into a beautiful young woman, if rather naive due to her sheltered upbringing, and she learned all that her master knew about the arcane arts, which she began to realize was a mere drop in the ocean...

There are a couple of roles Lulu can fill: she can be a childhood friend if she grew up in Mormouth, or she can be the poor girl chased by goblins after she stumbled upon them while out on a trip gathering spell components.

Socially she is shy and reserved, and rather sensitive about her ears if someone brings attention to them or even if she feels someone is staring at them. (And her ears in turn are a rather sensitive part of her body, even if she doesn't know it yet, wink wink nudge nudge.) Sexually she is a naive virgin, or at least she starts as one.

Kathyan

Ok having a couple of idea ideas for this:

Either an middle aged fighter (mid forties if human) very experienced and even over confident about her skills, she could the lecherous combat teacher of the boy but she also likes to pick at him every once in a while but also happens to likes him a lot.

Or a naive but masochistic paladin that dedicates herself to protect others by putting herself in the harm's way, maybe she could be a childhood friend of him or maybe she was a traveling adventurer that from seeing him so weak she insisted that he needed her protection.

Will expand on these later ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kathyan on March 19, 2017, 12:26:07 PM
Ok having a couple of idea ideas for this:

Either an middle aged fighter (mid forties if human) very experienced and even over confident about her skills, she could the lecherous combat teacher of the boy but she also likes to pick at him every once in a while but also happens to likes him a lot.

Or a naive but masochistic paladin that dedicates herself to protect others by putting herself in the harm's way, maybe she could be a childhood friend of him or maybe she was a traveling adventurer that from seeing him so weak she insisted that he needed her protection.

Will expand on these later ^^

First one reminds me about a genderbend Jiraiya (or master Roshi). Second one being Darkness from a anime :P. Either case both ideas approved by me at least  XD

Kathyan

actually first one I was considering could be a whip fighter and thus much more bdsm oriented so not so much Jiraiya or Roshi likeliness, maybe pulling some maneuvers feats around that idea

Autocad

Kathyan

Not quite but closer yeah, or might as well look after some animes to look for a similar profile ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if go for maneuvers then you could pick one the three maneuver using classes. Or if want humble suggestion on char concept below;

Naughty female martial artist mentor
A female tiefling with warder class with fiendbound marauder archtype. A sort hedonistic tiefling who has oni heritage (and oni's are lecherous hedonistic fiendish spirits who were once kami until they got neglected or their domain destroyed and in response they despise humanity). This tiefling could be direct descendant of oni possessing human or longer ancestry with one who raped her ancestor and then later she was born and she has all oni related decencies for debauchery.

Overall 'sexy brawling' sifu concept. Likes give tight erotic hugs  >:). But then again if want stick more true to whip martial artist (using extensively maneuvers), then stalker class fits better (perhaps with soul hunter archtype for some 'creepy stalker' stuff and perhaps use soulburnign feature not produce pain but pleasure on victims ;)). As note whips count as 'flails' as weapon group and in regards styles the compatible styles for flails are Black Seraph, Riven Hourglass and Sleeping Goddess. From these disciplines stalker would have Riven Hourglass only. But through monastery tradition trait or simply allowing join one martial orders you can swap disciplines which got access to. Also if other disciplines speak more to you but want still use whip, you can use Weapon Group Adaption able use whips with any styles you have access to with your class. Below is pic for the tiefling 'warder brawler' concept :)

Petrus02

sorry to crush that particualr idea, but no warder. its not paizo, but 3rd party, and thus banned

Gateman

That sounds like a good idea actually. So, I Googled the point buy system and if I understand, I start with 10 in everything, and have 10 points to use as I want, correct? On a similar note, are you allowing favored class bonuses?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Petrus02 on March 19, 2017, 01:47:11 PM
sorry to crush that particualr idea, but no warder. its not paizo, but 3rd party, and thus banned

Ah, sad. Well there is pic there for tiefling combatant if anyone wants pick it up :P.

Petrus02

your googel-fu is right. you start with 10, and then you buy from this table
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores/

yes, favored class boni area thing. note that you only have 1 favored class, unless your an half elf