News:

Main Menu

Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SinXAzgard21, November 19, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

The assassination part of the game was great.

But the writing was very confusing. I don't think of myself as particularly slow or dim-witted, but I had serious trouble keeping up with what exactly was going on in that place.

Inkidu

I'm tying up some loose ends before I do the assassination. I went and did the Western Approach main quest first. That was actually fun. Seems like they learned not to add in a large chunk of fade time in the middle of an already long quest. ;D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on December 05, 2014, 07:20:32 PM
I'm tying up some loose ends before I do the assassination. I went and did the Western Approach main quest first. That was actually fun. Seems like they learned not to add in a large chunk of fade time in the middle of an already long quest. ;D

I thought that was one of the best quests. But, really, with a few exceptions, most of the main quests were really solid.

Black Howling

I don't think Lalu is complaining about the assassination part, more that the kids aren't letting her play through it. >_>

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on December 05, 2014, 07:35:27 PM
I thought that was one of the best quests. But, really, with a few exceptions, most of the main quests were really solid.
I think it'd be fine if you could separate the two out and take a break, but no. It just kind of goes on for too long. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on December 05, 2014, 07:52:47 PM
I think it'd be fine if you could separate the two out and take a break, but no. It just kind of goes on for too long. :P

I mean the one in Inquisition, to be clear - not Origins.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on December 05, 2014, 08:03:11 PM
I mean the one in Inquisition, to be clear - not Origins.
Oh I was talking about Origins. :P

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on December 05, 2014, 08:04:48 PM
Oh I was talking about Origins. :P

That thing needs to burn in fire.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on December 05, 2014, 08:07:00 PM
That thing needs to burn in fire.
Good chunks of it were on fire, but it did nothing. :P

I like that Sloth demons got reclassified as despair demons. It's a better antithesis for the Andrastean virtues than the Catholic that they originally emulated. 

Hemingway

Wait - that's why I saw no sloth demons? Here I thought I'd been cheated out of sloth demons.

I still feel cheated out of desire demons, though. I mean, demons are the main enemy, and no desire demons? Come on!

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on December 05, 2014, 08:23:25 PM
Wait - that's why I saw no sloth demons? Here I thought I'd been cheated out of sloth demons.

I still feel cheated out of desire demons, though. I mean, demons are the main enemy, and no desire demons? Come on!
Did Desire get reclassified as envy?

TO THE WIKI!

EDIT: Oh and I'm pissed. Killed all 10 high dragons and the achievement didn't execute. :P So all that frustration getting that quest to work was for nothing.

Nadir

Nope, Dorian talks about a desire demon he met in the fade. They still exist, but seems like they weren't put into the game.

Inkidu

Quote from: Dim Hon on December 05, 2014, 08:27:25 PM
Nope, Dorian talks about a desire demon he met in the fade. They still exist, but seems like they weren't put into the game.
Well it'd only be good for a one off like the envy demon. They tend not to be front-line fighters.

Hemingway

I seem to recall Origins having plenty of Desire demons to fight. The one with the Templar in the Fade was really good, though.

Inkidu

Yeah but they were always subverty not overty. :P

Spoilers for Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts
I liked the overall plot, but it was really badly designed. I'm going to need a guide to go through it. Also, the achievement for having 100 percent didn't activate. :P

NotoriusBEN

inkidu, i've heard from others that if you kill a dragon in a new game, after you killed them all in your first run, it will proc the cheevo.

no, its not acceptable, but at least there is a way to get it...

Inkidu

Ending Spoilers, Thoughts, Etc.
So yeah, the ending was an ending. Honestly, the whole game feels very Bioshock 2 to me, one giant missed opportunity. They had the chance to combine the best story elements from Origins and Dragon Age II. They could have had the big changes from Origins and the time scale of decades of DA2. This would have allowed the Corypheus plot to happen, but also allow you actually exercise control over Thedas and see the changes. Oh well, there's always the next one.

Still, that stinger though. Holy crap! That stinger...

EDIT: All and all, I have to say. I've played better RPGs, and the Bioware story formula is not holding up as well as it once was, despite tweaks. Maybe Bioware should take a break from RPGs and make like story-driven action games. I mean, Inquisition would have been better if it were more like Assassin's Creed.

Bioware needs to make a game where you can actually kill people by stabbing them once, not whacking on them ten times with an axe. :P

Valaesin

Quote from: Inkidu on December 06, 2014, 07:29:04 PM
EDIT: All and all, I have to say. I've played better RPGs, and the Bioware story formula is not holding up as well as it once was, despite tweaks. Maybe Bioware should take a break from RPGs and make like story-driven action games. I mean, Inquisition would have been better if it were more like Assassin's Creed.

Bioware needs to make a game where you can actually kill people by stabbing them once, not whacking on them ten times with an axe. :P

I'd love if they'd make an AC/Thief style game.  But I agree, I don't think their formula is holding up well.  DAI should have spanned the course of years (which I think it did if you read deeply, but it doesn't get that feeling on the surface) with showing things changing as you make your decisions.  It also doesn't help that the "zones" are static - nothing you do outside of operations changes anything and even those just give access to new areas.

I'd love to see Hinterlands changed as I "finished" the zone.  I'd love to have seen battle lines as others moved against the Inquisition/us against them.  And damn it, I want Tevinter.  This was a game that could have been world-spanning, bringing in everyone.  And yet, its basically just an Orlais/Ferelden problem.  How are they closing rifts outside of where I can go?

Inkidu

I don't mind that they stuck to two nations. Thedas is a big place, but it did feel under utilized and dated overall.

Also, I might be a perv and it was sweet but:

Josephine Romance Spoilers
There was no smexy scene in the Josephine arc, at least not with a female PC, I don't know if the did the same for males but it seems like they should.

Not a big deal because it was kind of sweetly cheesy but I was kind of getting my hopes up.

Lady Lunarius

So I finally got to complete the Wicked Eyes and Wicked Heart quest and I have but one complaint...and its a tiny one....

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
What the fuck is up with Morrigan's torso? That dressed bugged me so much....So very much....LOL
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Valaesin

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on December 12, 2014, 07:22:26 AM
So I finally got to complete the Wicked Eyes and Wicked Heart quest and I have but one complaint...and its a tiny one....

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
What the fuck is up with Morrigan's torso? That dressed bugged me so much....So very much....LOL

I didn't like her dress either.  I really didn't like how they just shoe-horned her in there.  I hope they do so much more with her in the DLCs because it felt like they could have easily left her out and not needed to change the plot much.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Valaesin on December 12, 2014, 10:38:17 AM
I didn't like her dress either.  I really didn't like how they just shoe-horned her in there.  I hope they do so much more with her in the DLCs because it felt like they could have easily left her out and not needed to change the plot much.

It was just so much gah!!!! Hurt my eyes just looking at it.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Inkidu

Now that I know how the game will play out I know which story missions to go ahead and do.

For instance it does you no good to hold off Val Royeux. :)

Valaesin

Quote from: Inkidu on December 12, 2014, 12:49:28 PM
Now that I know how the game will play out I know which story missions to go ahead and do.

For instance it does you no good to hold off Val Royeux. :)

Are you going to do an immediate second playthrough?  I'm tempted to let it sit on the shelf a while and wait for patches/DLC/mods to come out.

Nadir

Quote from: Valaesin on December 12, 2014, 01:16:35 PM
Are you going to do an immediate second playthrough?  I'm tempted to let it sit on the shelf a while and wait for patches/DLC/mods to come out.

That's what I'm doing. I'd not hold your breath for mods, though, apparently it's going to be tough to do.