Salem Institute of Magic (HP verse): Recruiting now!

Started by Amelita, March 31, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

For those who might be interested...

I have a 2nd year Danvers girl, Simone, who is still very much open for connections. I definitely would like to have at least one close friend for her if possible, though I'm open to other connections as well. She's a bookwork yes but not really a loner type.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

GM Announcement

We are almost ready to start up the IC threads. As such, this is the time to start posting your requests for the required game avatars. The thread to request them can be found here.

Also, a reminder: If your character spends a lot of time in a magical community within the US, please get us a brief (2 paragraphs or less) blurb on the community ASAP.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Bloodied Porcelain

We are still recruiting and have a need for male characters!
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Greytrail

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on April 11, 2014, 10:05:01 AM
My 6th year lad is almost done. Damn family trees....

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on April 11, 2014, 10:05:01 AM

You tempt me to make a boi sooooo much! >.<
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bloodied Porcelain

Bloodied Porcelain

GM Announcement

Good news! The IC threads are open for play! In the first post of every IC thread you will find the current IC dates that can be played during. At the moment it is the summer, so players are permitted to pretty much play wherever they wish.

The IC threads are located here:

American Magical Communities
Around the United States
Around The World
Mos Village
The Pensieve

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on April 11, 2014, 12:27:35 PM
dooooo eeeeeet.  >:)

Ebilllllll! :P 

I'll think about it while at the Gym, and if yesh, I'll try to finish the app this weekend.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kokaine

Reposting this >.>

Quote from: Kokaine on April 08, 2014, 06:31:09 PM
For those who might be interested...

I have a 2nd year Danvers girl, Simone, who is still very much open for connections. I definitely would like to have at least one close friend for her if possible, though I'm open to other connections as well. She's a bookwork yes but not really a loner type.

Simone's got a pretty long leash as her parents are usually working so if anyone wants to discuss summer plans let me know. At this point I'll consider pretty much anything short of murder :P
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Ember Star

I wanted to ask something. It's well known that Bill and Fluer worked for Gringotts at "desk jobs" (although Bill as a curse breaker to begin with). But it's never specified what sort of desk job. I always assumed they had similar jobs muggle banks did, investment advisers, accounts. Ect. Probably human buffers to deal with other humans too since Goblins aren't that friendly.

I was going to have the Wentworth line primarily work for Gringotts, and I wanted to ask and make sure it was okay to say they were accountants, investment advisers, bankers, things along those lines. Since the bank is primarily run by Goblins and I know some groups limit what sort of human jobs are at the bank.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Amelita

Quote from: Ember Star on April 11, 2014, 05:23:11 PM
I wanted to ask something. It's well known that Bill and Fluer worked for Gringotts at "desk jobs" (although Bill as a curse breaker to begin with). But it's never specified what sort of desk job. I always assumed they had similar jobs muggle banks did, investment advisers, accounts. Ect. Probably human buffers to deal with other humans too since Goblins aren't that friendly.

I was going to have the Wentworth line primarily work for Gringotts, and I wanted to ask and make sure it was okay to say they were accountants, investment advisers, bankers, things along those lines. Since the bank is primarily run by Goblins and I know some groups limit what sort of human jobs are at the bank.

We (as in the GMs) haven't talked specifics about the bank, whether it will be Gringotts or something else entirely (I think Gringotts is a UK thing but I might be wrong). So, hold that thought and we'll let you know ;)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Ember Star

Gringotts is specifically said to be "the only wizard bank in the world" cannonly, so I assumed it would have a branch in the U.S too
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Of course, just as a note, I'm perfectly happy with whatever y'all come up with. Which is why I asked, I considered it being something different than Gringotts too :D

Amelita

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Ember Star

Thanks! And yeah, rereading the wiki it calls it "the only one in Britain", although I could have sworn the book said "world." Oh horror, my HP knowledge is failing me :O Time to reread all seven books! Lol

Caela

Quote from: Ember Star on April 11, 2014, 06:26:14 PM
Thanks! And yeah, rereading the wiki it calls it "the only one in Britain", although I could have sworn the book said "world." Oh horror, my HP knowledge is failing me :O Time to reread all seven books! Lol

~sigh~ This comment made me long for my books! lol I used to have all seven in hardcovers but was nice and gave them away to child I knew whose parents really couldn't afford them for her, not even in paperback, when I didn't plan on having any minis of my own. Now I have my own wee one and wish I still had them to give to her! lol I don't regret giving them to the first girl, I just wish I'd had a touch of precognition at the time and bought two copies!

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and new books can be bought. :D

Ember Star

I have all seven in hardback and paperback. I have the UK editions of the first two, and a special edition of the last one still in the wrapper :P I'm actually wanting to listen to them since I dont have a lot of reading time. Need to invest in the CDs. Or try and get them on my phone.

Caela

Am jealous! I'd so love to get my hands on the UK editions!

I have more time to read now that my mini is in school. :D

Ember Star

Found them really earlier on. Back when it was first gaining big popularity and they were releasing the first movie. Unfortunately never found the others though. Although I do have a copy of Order of the Phoenix with the a different cover. It's not, I dont think, the U.K edition. Would have to double check and it's in storage right now.

Kdyami

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Amelita

The game is still open and more male characters are certainly welcome, as are more female characters.

The current accepted (and posted into the character thread) ratio is 9 male students/13 female students.

Aiden

yea, not enough ladies to have 2 per guy! Let's go! common ladies! :P

Amelita

Ember Star

Hi. Did y'all ever decided on the bank? I was gonna try amd finish Minnora this weekend, but I kind of need that info to know what I'm doing with the Wentwoeth family history.

Aiden

Gringotts is the one bank for the  entire wizard world.

But it it has branches in major wizard communities.

Money is the same, knut, sickle, Galleon. But there are "american" currency. Stars and stripes, eagles, etc etc. But its the same. So once in a while you get a "English" sickle, but there is no exchange rate. it works globally.