Harry Potter RP for OCs (First Year Closed)

Started by OHWceta, May 15, 2013, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

Update: Student and teacher roles are filled for Year 1. Anyone wishing to join who has not already submitted a character for approval must wait until year 2 when applications will open again.

I'm looking for AT LEAST one female and a male to play the leads in my story.
More characters are welcome as we need additional students, teachers, muggles, and Dark Lord followers to populate our world.

My plan is to tell the story of a rising Dark Lord and how he goes from being a gifted student to being the Evil Dark Lord. The story can be Potterverse or entirely different. I intend to bring in legends regarding Merlin and Morgan La Faye surrounding the main plot.
I will be playing the future Dark Lord. I will need a best friend (Male) who is tasked with killing the Dark Lord in the end and a female love interest who is torn between her love for my character and her desire to stop him from hurting everyone.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
she will end up having his child in the final part before dying. setting up a possible continuation.
In a Harry Potter style fashion I'd like to try and make this go year by year.

Here's the OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=175726.0
The RP Thread for Year One: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=175742.0
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Zelric Miras

What do you expect for the lead parts?

OHWceta

I'd prefer a post rate of 2 to 3 posts a week. Usually 1-2 paragraphs in length.

As for the characters themselves. The male best friend would be very much a sidekick type early on but as the main character becomes more evil he would start to stand up for himself more and show more leader type qualities. Eventually he'd be the one to kill the Dark Lord. He should probably be Slytherin (if a Potterverse RP) though or else there will be limited time that the friends could hang out. He should be fond of pranks.

The female love interest would be a very kind person. More of a healer than a fighter. She'd try and turn the Dark Lord back to Good but in the end she'll die for it, but that's not until the VERY end of the RP.

I'm leaving a lot of details open for you guys as the players to write out, that way it's more unique of a story.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Zelric Miras

I think I can meet up your expectations ^^ I'd be happy to join if you are okay with it.

OHWceta

Alright. I'll try to post up a bio template soon.  so do you want this to be Potterverse or not?

Now we need 1 or 2 more people to get this thing started. More would be welcome, but 2 is the minimum I need to start.

Zelric Miras

Either way would be fine. Potterverse would make it easier for background writing up and what is to be expected for each house. If you'd rather make it original, I'd be willing to help with the write up as well if you need it. I'll wait until then ^^

Julles

This is a very intriguing idea, I like it. It sounds like it could be a very interesting play. I would be very happy to be able to participate.

OHWceta

Potterverse would make things a lot easier, though i wanted to leave the option of non-potterverse because i know i've seen a lot of Harry Potter RPs on the site.

so unless anyone objects we'll go ahead and go with potterverse.

Julles

Quote from: OHWceta on May 24, 2013, 11:20:52 AM
Potterverse would make things a lot easier, though i wanted to leave the option of non-potterverse because i know i've seen a lot of Harry Potter RPs on the site.

so unless anyone objects we'll go ahead and go with potterverse.

Yes, I do agree with you. It would be fun to create an original non-potterverse world, but it would be much easier for a quicker start to just choose potterverse.

Luvan95

This idea sounded like something real fun, but I saw that you were already three people. I hope I can still be in it too. :)
I have no problem with it being the potteverse, as I know very much about it. :D
On's/Off's

Edit 24/9-21: Have been gone for a while, but now I'm back and ready to play.

OHWceta

The more the merrier. i only needed a minimum of 3.

Harry Potter wasn't just Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
they had the twins, Ginny, Luna, Neville, and a whole lot of other characters who got a decent ammount of screentime in.

so i eagerly welcome more people to join

Luvan95

Great. So do we create our own characters or play already canon people in the potterverse? Cause making HP OC's are very fun  :-)
On's/Off's

OHWceta

It's purely OC  i was about to write up a template but work issues havr me delayed until Sunday. Some people who are still alive in the Potterverse MIGHT show up. Especially teachers.

though students will likely be attending quite some time after Voldemort's demise.

Luvan95

Sounds great.  :-) I will wait for the template then.
On's/Off's

Julles

This sounds very fun! I can't wait for template and getting started  :D

OHWceta

I'm just going over the Harry Potter timeline so I make sure to get years and ages of characters right.

Julles

Luvan95

Sounds great. Ask if you need some help. I know a thing or two about HP since I'm a huge Potterhead.  ;D
On's/Off's

OHWceta

I might have a few dates wrong. I'm bad at math. Then again so was J.K Rowling, she explained herself there are a few inconsistent dates for certain events in her books.

From everything I've gathered it's presumed the Harry Potter story took place from 1991-1998. Which leads to our Story taking place starting in 2008 since I plan to have my main character be about a year older than Ted Lupin.

Here's the template I promised. I'm still having trouble getting good reference images for my character's bio. I'm also working on a more detailed background, but for now I'll leave you guys with a simple intro so you know a bit more what my character is like, more to come.

(Reference Image)
Name:
Year of Birth: (Rather than age because the RP series will go through each year in the school.)
Appearance: (Image placed above Bio, if no image, provide detailed description here.)
Wand: (Material, Core, Image if possible, but not required)
House: (Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff)
Blood: (Pureblood, Half-Blood, Muggle-Born, Squib) Of course the future Dark Lord will strongly prefer purebloods and HATE Muggles. Since a Squib cannot perform Magic they cannot be a student at Hogwarts though the possibility is open for additional characters once the teacher slots open.
Animal: (If they have any pets such as Owls, Cats, Rats, Etc.)
Background: (Where they're from, interesting tidbits about them, history with magic, family history, etc.)

*Teachers are closed currently until  we get enough students.

----My Characters----
Currently Work in Progress

I was inspired by this image when I was thinking up Giren

But I wanted a photo reference instead of just a drawing to better portray facial features.

Name: Giren Morgan
Year of Birth: 1997
Wand: (First) Black Palm, 14 3/4 inches. Dryad Hair Core (Second, Obtained 4th year) Ebony Miniosa, 7 inches. Phoenix Talon Core
Black Palm:
Ebony Miniosa:
House: Slytherin
Blood: Pure-Blood
Animal: Speigel, New Zealand Dwarf Dragon (3rd Year)
Background: Unknown to Giren, his mother had a brief affair with a young and talented wizard before marrying the man who Giren believes to be his father. Giren was born during the Second Wizarding War with his mother being killed by Deatheaters shortly after his birth. He was left in the care of his Muggle father who, after seeing what the deatheaters could do, feared and hated wizards. Most of the time Giren was left to his own devices and mostly ignored by his father. It wasn't a terrible life, but it was painfully dull and empty, which lead Giren to seek out something greater for himself, he was eager to become a student at Hogwarts when the letter came, but his father was not, at first Giren was forbidden to go, but Giren snuck out early that morning, hoping to run away. After realizing Giren's plan, his father gave in and decided to allow Giren to go to Hogwarts. Since the death of Giren's mother, Giren's father had a hard time facing her parents, leaving Giren unfamiliar with much of his mother's family. On his father's side Giren's great-Grandmother was a German immigrant to America after escaping the war, she was very strict and this attitude rubbed off on Giren's grandfather as well as his father who always had high expectation of Giren and had little regard for failure at anything. The family lived in America until Giren was 8, when his father recieved a job building furniture for private jets in Britain. Giren's mother was a Gryffindor with a talent for potions and magical history and a quick memory when it came to her other classes, and her talent caught the eye of a rival student in Slytherin (who would use his affair with her to anger his parents whom he was at odds with. Eventually they would be the ones to find and kill her.) Aside from being Deatheaters, Giren's biological father was wealthy and well-respected, his family came from many lawmakers and politicians known for their Anti-Goblin and Anti-Mudblood sentiments. (Giren's Great-Great Grandfather was in the wizard equivilant to the KKK). They claim to be descended from Merlin but this is pure speculation due to vague historical records regarding the famous wizard.

I'll have more on classes, teachers, and other details soon.

Julles

Name:
Adelaide Beryl Tanith
Year of Birth:
Animal:
Leon

Wand:
Core: Runespoor Fang
Wood: Cypress

Student
House:
Slytherin
Blood:
Pure-bred
Background:
The Tanith family is a very under appreciated family in their eyes. The whole family has been pure breds since the beginning and they pride themselves on this fact, like most Slytherins do. The whole family has originated in Norfolk, close the fen area claimed by Salazar Slytherin himself! Again, the family is under rated. They all grow up there and are taught to be very well and proper young adults. Some times they can appear to be snotty or stuck up, and, in fact they can be. The family claims they have been in every wizarding war. Magical talent runs deep in the family and they are all mainly very good and advanced in magic. Casting spells is the families go to skill.

Adelaide isn't much different from the rest of the family except she wasn't raised by her family in the beginning. When she was born her mother Nagendra  and her father Hadrian were in a huge argument. When her mother got pregnant Hadrian did not believe it was his and made Nagendra get rid of the infant once it was born. So, the first five years of her life she was raised by a different family. Hadrian wanted Adelaide to be given to a muggle family, but Nagendra knowing her child would be made for greatness put her in a half-blood family. Even though the family disgusted Nagendra, it was better than nothing. The first six years of Adelaide's life was a very simple and easy life. The family didn't have much money but got along very nicely. She was situated only a few towns down in Chesapeake. Her mother kept a close eye from afar, swearing to get her child back. So Nagendra cast a spell on a charm and handed it to Hadrian.

Hadrian and Nagendra went into a different world six years earlier. Now, everyone knows you are not suppose to mess with the past, but they don't follow these kinds of rules. Nagendra took Adelaide and finally proved to Hadrian that she was his. Hadrian, after many hours of thinking and doing his own investigating came to a startling conclusion that Adelaide was his and he had let a different family raise her for so many years. At once they went to get their child back, but the half-bloods that were talking care of Adelaide weren't going to just give her up. Being the almost evil family the Tanith's were they murdered the family and took care of any ties to the occasion.

Adelaide, being back in her real family, was completely confused. She was welcomed into a very large family. She now had three other siblings instead of being the only child. She now had one older brother who was 10, Tobias, was completely full of himself and was proud of the smallest achievements. Her other two new siblings were younger than her. They were twins, a boy and a girl, both three years old: Onyx and Theo. Adelaide was very confused in the whole thing, but the family explained everything and started raising her as if they had always had her. Strict rules and very specific ways of acting around and with people. She was also thrown into the world of magic, it was used all the time in the family.

Initially raised Adelaide was always a little different with different underlying morals, but she knew that she belonged to her family. So the next five years of being with her real family were interesting. She has a strange feeling of kindness underneath her hard exterior. The six years of being with a different family have made her 'soft-hearted' in the eyes of her family. But, to the rest of the world she is a very strong-willed, happy, know it all child. And now this next chapter in her life, she is very much looking forward to her letter.

Luvan95

Name: Catriona "Cat" Ofelia Merden
Appearance: Long darkbrown hair that goes down to her waist. Grey eyes.
Wand: Dragon Heartstring, Ebony

Animal: A female great horned owl called Keelin, which is a Celtic name that means Slender, fair.
House: Ravenclaw
Blood: Pure-blood
Background: The Merdens lives in a big manor, as most pure-blood families do, but the Merden family had never been as stuck-up as all the rest of the pure-bloods. Sure, they didn't like muggles, but muggle-borns were a diffrent thing they thought, as they had magic in them and should be welcomed into the magical community and become educated in the right way now, to be purified from the filth that was the muggles.
And this was the family and values that Catriona had been born into, as the only child of the family. Her mother, Adrianna who is from the Conti family, a pure-blood Italian family line, and her father, Richard, had taught her to be kind but strict, confident but regardful, to be proud of her heritage, but not conceited about it. And her parents' teachings has taken effect in Cat, who has always been respectful and pleasant to anyone with magical abilities, but as her parents also does, she preferres the company of pure-bloods and half-bloods in the first place. She is the sweet little angel of the Merden family. She is smart, beautiful and charming. And now their angel is about to fly out of the nest and start her own chapter in life at Hogwarts.

Her father, Richard Merden, and her mother, Adrianna Merden, formerly Conti, meet when they were both studying to become healers at St. Mungo's Hospital. They fell in love and after a year Richard asked for Adrianna's hand in marriage. Both Adrianna and her parents agreed to the joining and Adrianna became a Merden. After just two years she became pregnant and the couple was overjoyed when little Catriona was born.
On's/Off's

OHWceta

Love the Bios! I'm impressed. We could use one more male Protagonist, plus anything else new entries might want to bring in.

Zelric Miras

Name: Zelric Miras
Appearance: -
Wand: Phoenix Feather, Bendy, 10 inches, Elder
House: Slytherin
Blood: Pureblood
Background: Zelric was born somewhere in the Middle East while his parents searched for exotic ingredients. They are potion masters in a reputed potion brewing company. Potion making has always been the Miras' business for as long as the family tree can be traced. The family has a few estates around the world, as they have been moving as the family sees fit for their research. Currently they reside in a secluded place only reachable by portkey or broom, this to protect the few unicorns they have managed to capture for their current investigation. Their house is surrounded by a thick forest.

Zelric has had few friends in his childhood and is eager to meet some in Hogwarts. He has some knowledge in potion making, and is looking forward to being able to actually work with it, since his parents always kept him away from the cauldrons to ensure his safety. He is quite amiable and has traveled to meet live with his relatives a few times, managing to learn a few languages. He is a bit bashful, but sincere. He has a straightforward mind, and will stay true to his ambitions and expectations. His family has taught him that everyone has his value, regardless of their blood and that even a muggle can prove to be a great companion. Still, they have also told him to be proud of his lineage and heritage.

Can his animal be a trained falcon? Otherwise it is a cat.

OHWceta

I will allow the Trained Falcon. Seeing as they're not TOO much different than owls really, just less common as pets in the wizarding world.

I'd actually assume that depending on the region, different birds would be popularized in the same role of owls, for example, American wizards would likely use Hawks and Eagles. A few wizards MIGHT use pigeons even, though they'd likely be a joke in the eyes of their peers. The main rule on Birds as pets for this RP, nothing super rare or endangered (Such as Bald Eagles) and no Vultures. Hawks, Falcons and Owls are open. (Doves and Ravens are also allowed but not suggested)

Since we're on pets, the new rules wont be as limited as in the Books. Lizards and reptiles are allowed but they must be small enough to be carried in one hand. Snakes cannot exceed the length of a student's arm from the palm of their hand to their elbow, ABSOLUTELY NO venomous snakes allowed. Fruit Bats are allowed in the owlery but cannot be taken to the dorms or to classes in the manner crawling animals such as rats can be. Hedgehogs and Ferrets will also be allowed as pets.

It's funny, are you able to read minds? I was thinking that the male character would be good at potions.

Luvan95

Well, everyone else was Slytherin, but I hope it's okay that Cat can still be in their friend group even if she is in Ravenclaw? Otherwise I think it would get pretty lonely.
On's/Off's