D&D5e in a Whole New Land - Interest Check - Locked for Chapter One

Started by greenknight, March 10, 2017, 12:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caelcormac

Of course, with 3 rangers and a nature cleric, we could also go into the woods indefinitely and not bother with needing a face at all. Not that I advocate this, its just a fun thought exercise. Especially if the fighter takes Scout at 3rd and the Rouge takes...also Scout, which make them Ranger-lite.

Keelan

...I would still play face; you never know when you could be useful ;-;

Hexed

Hah. From the sounds of the party so far and what we know of the setting... A face is probably going to be very nice to have.

Kathyan

Well Alice is sort of a face herself as well but yeah, another one is always good ^^

caelcormac

All the best cons are two man gifts. Not that I, as an honorable servant of the One, would know anything about that.

Arcadia

Soooo, I'm interested in this, but it seems kind of full? Maybe if one of the 8 currently slated people drops? I read over the setting material and started having ideas for an elf bard and if its possible I'd love to give the idea a shot.

Chulanowa

Gonna do like Biblio and work on two characters at once, to see what gels form e. I've decided to roll my stats for this because why the hell not. And what I got was...
pretty okay!
100964   Noone or Anyone   2017-03-17 00:42:33   At 2017-03-17 00:42:33, Chulanowa (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
100963   Noone or Anyone   2017-03-17 00:42:22   At 2017-03-17 00:42:22, Chulanowa (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
100962   Noone or Anyone   2017-03-17 00:42:12   At 2017-03-17 00:42:12, Chulanowa (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
100961   Noone or Anyone   2017-03-17 00:42:03   At 2017-03-17 00:42:03, Chulanowa (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
100960   Noone or Anyone   2017-03-17 00:41:51   At 2017-03-17 00:41:51, Chulanowa (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
100959   Noone or Anyone   2017-03-17 00:41:33   At 2017-03-17 00:41:33, Chulanowa (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 9

greenknight

Quote from: Kathyan on March 16, 2017, 07:50:58 PM
Well Alice is sort of a face herself as well but yeah, another one is always good ^^
I'm not sure they'll be looking at her face :D

Arcadia, feel free to develop something. There may be an opening or a new storyline later. Or, the setting stuff is here, feel free to use it how you want.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Chulanowa

Others

Name Holly Merylbrook
Small Stout Halfling Folk Hero Druid 1 (NG)
Armor Class 17 (leather armor+Shield)
Hit Points 10 (1d8+2)
Speed 20 ft.
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
9 (-1)18 (+4)14 (+2)12 (+2)17 (+3)12 (+1)
Saving Throws Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills Nature, Animal Handling, Medicine, Survival
Damage Resistances Resistant to poison
Senses
Languages Halfling, common, Druidic

Features and Traits
Lucky. (reroll 1's on attacks, ability checks, saving throws.)
Brave. (advantage on saves versus being frightened)
Halfling Nimbleness. Can move through space of any larger creature)
Stout Resilience. (Advantage on saves vs. poison, resistant to poison damage.)
Druidic. (Knows secret druid language. Can use it to leave indecipherable secret messages)
Rustic Hospitality. (Commoners will offer shelter and protection for you, but not at cost to own lives.)

Spellcasting. Holly is a 1st level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). Holly has the following Druid spells prepared:

Cantrip (at will): (Druidcraft, Produce Flame)
1st level (2 slots): (Beast Bond, Entangle, Cure Wounds, Longstrider)

Actions
Action. Description
Attack. Melee (Scimitar) Attack: +6 to hit, one target. Hit: 1d6+4 (slashing) damage.
Ranged Attack. Ranged (Shortbow) Attack: +6 to hit, range 80/320 ft., (one target). Hit: 1d6+4 (piercing damage)
Ranged Attack. Spell (Produce Flame) Attack: +5 to hit, range  self-30 ft (one target) Hit: 1d8 (fire damage)

Reactions
Personality:
• I judge people by their actions, not their  words.
• I have a strong sense of fair play and always try to find the most equitable solution to a problem.
Ideals
• There's no good in pretending to be something I'm not.
Bonds:
• I worked the land, I love the land, and I will protect the land.
Flaws:
• I have a weakness for the vices of the city, particularly hard drink.

Keelan

Inquiry: Is there some way to start as a Half-Elf Rogue with the Skilled Feat? I will literally have every skill I desire if I can manage that...

greenknight

These are the current completed characters in the character thread (either you posted or I did.) That's six ready so I'll post an opening IC thread for you all to have by Saturday morning, US time. If you're still working on characters, finish them up. I doubt we'll get too far ahead before the week starts. Feel free to use the OOC to work out how your characters know each other and why they're all at the Don't Fall Inn just after the lunch rush (and before the lower level is flushed out.)

Playercharacterrace/backgroundclass
BibliophiliaRaeni Siannodelhigh elf noble (knight)fighter
RubySlippersMorgan Tullyhuman folk heroranger
caelcormacJacen Elfsenhalf-elf acolytecleric (nature)
HexedMarahuman/urchinsorcerer (draconic)
KathyanAlice Horgyhuman inheritorranger
ChulanowaHolly Merylbrookstout halfling folk herodruid
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

caelcormac

Hey greenknight,

I know that this is probably somewhere and I missed it, but what is the symbol of The One?

greenknight

Quote from: caelcormac on March 17, 2017, 11:32:18 AM
Hey greenknight,

I know that this is probably somewhere and I missed it, but what is the symbol of The One?
I've never actually answered that question, but I'd have to say it's an annulus. Not a circle, though often depicted as such. It has no beginning or end, it can encompass all things.... Yep, annulus.

caelcormac

greenknight

Keelan

I have the core rule books now!

...and now my brain is shot because I flew in on Friday/Saturday AM after being away from home for work for 3 weeks...

...I'll work on my gal when my brain decides to cooperate...