X-Men: American Civil War [CLOSED]

Started by Totoro, January 15, 2017, 05:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vatovie

Doomsday

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 19, 2017, 03:36:39 AM
@ Doomsday

Those character sheets are great but I'd like a couple of things expanded on/changed if that's okay. I believe Logan and X-23 were mostly beta level. I think they lack the leveling buildings kind of potential that gets you into Alpha. And their adamantium doesn't really count as a mutation. So you can put them both to beta if that's fine with you. Only thing would be their opinions on the brotherhoods violence, the government rounding up mutants and Charles being a mega pacifist at all costs. Once the classes are in there and their bios mention what they think of current events then they're all good.

Specifically on Logan: This is an X-Men universe. Not the marvel universe. So Hawkeye, Red Skull, Mysterio and the Hulk don't exist at all. They're not off doing other things, they were never here. I think that's resolvable with just a few name changes though? If you can find X-Men characters who'd be able to pull off what those did in his backstory. Does anyone know about his time/universe travelling? And how long has he been here.

Specifically on X-23: Same problem but Captain America here, should be able to resolve that with a name change though.

Thanks

Sounds good, I think I can thread those needles. I'll have those fixed later this morning.

Juggtacular

Okay so just so I'm straight on this. Vulcan and Darwin at this point haven't met and didn't go on a mission to Krakoa to get Scott(now Salem) and the original X-Men off Krakoa. -goes to make some edits-

Pumpkin Seeds

Totoro

Quote from: vatovie on January 19, 2017, 08:30:08 AM
What year does the story take place in?

I just realised I hadn't considered that and it does definitely matter.

I'm currently thinking of just going full on modern day and making it 2017. It's an alternative universe anyway but if anyone's backstory would have a problem with it being that far forward now's the time to say.

Quote from: Doomsday on January 19, 2017, 08:38:04 AM
Sounds good, I think I can thread those needles. I'll have those fixed later this morning.

Awesome, thanks. No rush and hopefully it wasn't too many questions fired at you. 

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 19, 2017, 08:49:51 AM
Okay so just so I'm straight on this. Vulcan and Darwin at this point haven't met and didn't go on a mission to Krakoa to get Scott(now Salem) and the original X-Men off Krakoa. -goes to make some edits-

Sorry about that. There are going to have to be some adaptations to people's backstories on the go as people join. It'd be awesome if people can get linked histories and character connections but I'm not forcing it. Whoever actually is using the canon character as PC has main creative control on their history. (Unless they want to have knocked out Thor by throwing the Hulk at him. That might be a problem.)

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 19, 2017, 08:50:33 AM
Psylocke is up for everyone's viewing pleasure.

She's popular already. :p

Pumpkin Seeds

On that note I did try to leave an opening for Psylocke to have crossed paths with others during her stent as an assassin and possible enemy.  If anyone wants to pursue a story line in that part of her life just let me know.

Juggtacular

That's fine with me, Sun. Just wanted to make sure I had all my info straight before I wrote everything down.

vatovie

Cura te ipsum

The Basics
Full Name: Robert Smith
Nationality: British.
Occupation: Teacher, Health and possibly the school medical professional

Physical Description
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 180lbs
Face Claim: Ferran Calderon
Physical Features: Scars and tatoos heal too quickly to even exist on him.

General Appearance: They dress normally in fairly nice clothes all time with the common addition of a lab coat or gloves. They do have an X-suit like everyone else but they rarely use it as they should be right up on the front lines in most fights. 

Who they are

Personality: He stands by what he learned many years ago. "First do no harm." Even after what he has done and been trough he makes an effort to abide by that and encourages others to do so as well. He feels sorry for other with similar power to him and what they have bene through but will expect them to be wise. He dislikes the US government's actions but understands them. He very much dislikes the brotherhood and their acts of violence. Even if he hates you to your core as long as you are not a monster beyond redemption he will try to keep you alive. He is a doctor after all.

Biography:His life has been an interesting one. He actually didn't know he was anything special for most of it. Living a nice comfortable life with his wealthy family. Never getting sick and attributing it to luck really. Going to medical school because it was the right thing to do and because he wanted to help people. Enlisting in the military because he needed to save his country during the second great war. Jumping on a grenade because others lives mattered more. He was going to die a hero's death in the second great war as far as he knew when he did that.

Only he didn't die. He lived although he was in immense pain and left on the ground for a while as his fellow soldiers walked past what they thought was his corpse. He laid there simply coming to terms with it all. The pain, the fear, and the fact that he was still alive. It took a little while but he eventually stood up with his uniform in tatters as he went right back to work trying to save those injured around him.

He made his way back to camp and they were amazed to see him as they gave him new clothes to wear. He worked in the medical tent from there on out as the British government didn't want him playing war hero again. He worked hard to save the lives he could and soon started to realize that his work went much differently when he didn't use gloves. When he had neither the time or the resources to cover his hands it was if his touch could heal.

It was exactly that and after some safe testing, he knew that not only could he not die but he could give his great health to others for a time. He wondered what else he could do with his gift. A gift that seemed perfect for a man like him. He was using it to save every soldier he could. Even the german ones he was asked not to by the commanding officers. Everyone was praising him as such a skilled physician as he would dose them with morphine so they didn't notice how he would save them.

He went on like that until he had an enemy leader in his hands. This was another man he was told not to save but this time the order to keep him alive came from higher and they all had to listen. This man was a member of the SS and it was his previous job to run one of the camps everyone was starting to hear about. They needed information from him and they needed him alive so Robert took off his gloves and tried to heal the man as he wished him dead.

It didn't work, to say the least, as the man screamed and cried and seemed to dissolve and crumble in Robert's hands. No one else saw as he took his hands off the very clear corpse and had to put a sheet over hi as he informed his commanding officers with a frown that the man was dead. The man had been a monster but even so it was Robert's duty to save hm and he had failed. He had done more than failed, he had taken his first life and he didn't like the feeling.

He returned from the war decorated and looking for a purpose. Wondering how he fit into the world with what he could do. Everything he could do. He had a private practice for a few years before realizing he wasn't aging anymore and soon people might notice. It caused him to move. To travel the world and set up a place for a few years wherever he went until many years later he heard of other people like him and a school for them. It was big news for him as it seemed to finally be a place where he didn't have to hide what he could do it took him many years to learn exactly where it was and many years more to actually get there. By that time mutants were a very public issue and he knew he would need to get there soon or someone would decide they didn't like that their doctor couldn't die. He arrived in time to see the government take action against mutants. To see them first have to get registered and then worse. It reminded him of the war in all the worse ways.

Superpowers & Equipment

Class: Beta

Healing Factor: He has the fastest healing factor ever recorded and have been known to heal so quickly that most cuts and bruises don't get time to show up. Missing limbs take minutes to heal back and according to him he once grew back from just part of his head.

Power transfer: He can give the full or partial effects of his power to others through any skin to skin contact. He keeps what portion he does not give away and can give up his powers to others to make them heal like he can or to make them do quite the opposite just as quickly. He has only done that once and still regrets it to this day.

Doctors bag: Not very useful when he can cure most things through a simple touch but it's good for seeing what is wrong with someone and addressing any wounds if more than one person is injured at a time. It is also useful to hide his powers from normal people.

Flaws or Weaknesses

Skin to skin contact: He needs to touch his skin to the enemies skin for his power to effect them.

Powerless: He is left powerless while he is giving his power or its opposite to others.

First do no harm: He wishes to hurt no one and even in the middle of a large scale battle he will heal the gravely wounded on any side as long as eh is sure they won't stop him from saving others. He is a battlefield doctor who no longer needs to worry about who he can save or not and he acts like it.

Totoro

Pumpkin Seeds

What if she killed off one of his personalities with her knife?  Maybe she killed off one of the personalities that was helping keep his darker one at bay and contributed to the eventual internal fight he has going on among his..selves.  Might be some hard feelings among a few of them in there for that one.

vatovie

Cool cool good to hear it.

Also, his name is a famous latin saying among doctors. It means "Physician heal thyself" Kinda fun for a doctor with a healing factor.

TamaRose

I am going to work on a profile for Gambit! I have never played him in a group setting before so I want to try. If it doesn't work I will give him up but I have played him one on one with other people. So, I will give it a shot!

Juggtacular

Quote from: TamaRose on January 19, 2017, 10:10:10 AM
I am going to work on a profile for Gambit! I have never played him in a group setting before so I want to try. If it doesn't work I will give him up but I have played him one on one with other people. So, I will give it a shot!

Don't put yourself down before you give it a try. I've played with you before Tama so I'm sure you'll do great.  XD

You gon' do Gambit proud, chere'.

Pumpkin Seeds

Hmmm...have a couple other ideas.

Look to Harry Connick Jr for your accent.

Doomsday

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 19, 2017, 03:36:39 AM
@ Doomsday

Those character sheets are great but I'd like a couple of things expanded on/changed if that's okay. I believe Logan and X-23 were mostly beta level. I think they lack the leveling buildings kind of potential that gets you into Alpha. And their adamantium doesn't really count as a mutation. So you can put them both to beta if that's fine with you. Only thing would be their opinions on the brotherhoods violence, the government rounding up mutants and Charles being a mega pacifist at all costs. Once the classes are in there and their bios mention what they think of current events then they're all good.

Specifically on Logan: This is an X-Men universe. Not the marvel universe. So Hawkeye, Red Skull, Mysterio and the Hulk don't exist at all. They're not off doing other things, they were never here. I think that's resolvable with just a few name changes though? If you can find X-Men characters who'd be able to pull off what those did in his backstory. Does anyone know about his time/universe travelling? And how long has he been here.

Specifically on X-23: Same problem but Captain America here, should be able to resolve that with a name change though.

Thanks

One follow-up question while I work on this. Is it possible to make an exception to Logan's past regarding non X-related characters considering he comes from a divergent timeline? Meaning that he came from a world with Iron Man, Red Skull, etc. but is surprised to find that none of those teams or people exist in this new universe. If not I can still make the change but it might be hard to pull off in some parts (particularly, Mysterio is incredibly important to his past).

Juggtacular

Quote from: Doomsday on January 19, 2017, 10:25:29 AM
One follow-up question while I work on this. Is it possible to make an exception to Logan's past regarding non X-related characters considering he comes from a divergent timeline? Meaning that he came from a world with Iron Man, Red Skull, etc. but is surprised to find that none of those teams or people exist in this new universe. If not I can still make the change but it might be hard to pull off in some parts (particularly, Mysterio is incredibly important to his past).

As long as Logan isn't too old to pull off a Fastball Special, Piotr won't mind where he's from lol.

Doomsday

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 19, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
As long as Logan isn't too old to pull off a Fastball Special, Piotr won't mind where he's from lol.

Fifty years later, Logan has actually perfected the Eephus special.

Ace Flyer

Aww...I missed out on Gambit?  :'(

Ah well...Put me down for Rogue, maybe? I might try and squeak out one other character as well, if that's allowed? I saw some people made two. Wolfsbane maybe...hard to complain about a redheaded, Scottish werewolf. I'll see if I can come up with something good for this.

Doomsday

Posted Laura's sheet, hers was easy to fix. I substituted S.H.I.E.L.D. with Freedom Force, which was a mutant group, and made Wolvy himself her emancipator.

Totoro

Quote from: Doomsday on January 19, 2017, 10:25:29 AM

I think in the timeline he came from that'd be fine. As long as you realise they're not here at all.

Quote from: Doomsday on January 19, 2017, 10:43:45 AM
Posted Laura's sheet, hers was easy to fix. I substituted S.H.I.E.L.D. with Freedom Force, which was a mutant group, and made Wolvy himself her emancipator.

Great, thanks for the changes.

Quote from: TamaRose on January 19, 2017, 10:10:10 AM

I'm sure you'll do a great job, looking forward to seeing it.

Quote from: Ace Flyer on January 19, 2017, 10:38:05 AM
Aww...I missed out on Gambit?  :'(

Ah well...Put me down for Rogue, maybe? I might try and squeak out one other character as well, if that's allowed? I saw some people made two. Wolfsbane maybe...hard to complain about a redheaded, Scottish werewolf. I'll see if I can come up with something good for this.

TamaRose managed to nab the reserve on Gambit. Rogue and Wolfsbane are absolutely welcome. I didn't set a hard limit on characters but I'd prefer people stick to two as a maximum for now at least.

Doomsday

Sounds good, thanks.

And I will quickly edit Laura's sheet as I forgot to input her opinions on current events. Sorry!

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 19, 2017, 10:45:13 AM
TamaRose managed to nab the reserve on Gambit. Rogue and Wolfsbane are absolutely welcome. I didn't set a hard limit on characters but I'd prefer people stick to two as a maximum for now at least.

*makes all the pouty eyes at TamaRose*

Kidding aside, no problem! TamaRose, we'll probably have to have a chat because...well...Rogue and Gambit <3 I might have to considering breaking my one hiccup about playing an F character opposite an M character, if you want to think of preserving their romance. Should be interesting.

I should have a CS for Wolfsbane up shortly. I have an old one for her I can modify into this app. She might be kinda OC-ish though, as I know kinda just the basics with her and took my own spin from there.

Totoro

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=342.0

Here's the OOC chat. Anyone who's been talking in this thread is welcome there to chat about character connections/ideas etc.

Just so we can keep this thread to discussing new characters and new people joining.

Have fun!

Quote from: Doomsday on January 19, 2017, 10:46:09 AM
Sounds good, thanks.

And I will quickly edit Laura's sheet as I forgot to input her opinions on current events. Sorry!

I'm the one who failed to notice. But thanks. I'll be double-checking through all the approved stuff when I have time, I'm working fast at the moment. :p

@ Ace Flyer and TamaRose

You two can work out any background connections for your character if you both want them.

And Ace Flyer specifically kinda OC-ish is fine. It's only at all an issue if it reaches the point it's so far from the canon character that we may as well leave the original available for other people. If that makes sense?

Alias

I actually, only slept for seven hours, so it might feel like it took me a while to get back to you, but it didn't. I was sleeping.

Salem Summers instead of Scott Summers, other than the fact that she's a girl, she's cyclops from the roof down to the foundation. I'll go with college aged, it's her most natural place in my mind, CS coming very soon, just have to arrange it.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 19, 2017, 11:00:28 AM
And Ace Flyer specifically kinda OC-ish is fine. It's only at all an issue if it reaches the point it's so far from the canon character that we may as well leave the original available for other people. If that makes sense?

Yup, it does. I'll see what you think of her when the CS is up then. I more or less play her more early-on, in her mutant years, so in the sense of she's maybe only been at the school for...a year, I think? Maybe two? And for my own preferences I shifted her sexuality some and played off of her rather conflicted upbringing it with, because inner character turmoil is fun >>;;

If it turns out best I drop her though, no problem.