News:

Main Menu

Fantasy Football!

Started by LunarSage, November 04, 2015, 08:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Quote from: Vampire Mistress Sakura on December 08, 2015, 07:20:26 PM
Remiel you just became super sexy to me right now :D That is an awesome line up you got there. I wasn't prepared for my first time so I did crap when I started. However, I did manage it well but then Charles and Deion Lewis went down and then I started losing like crazy.

Yeah, that is why, in a 10- or a 12-team league, you wanna make sure you have the backup for your starting RB  (e.g. Jamaal Charles / Charcandrick West, Dion Lewis / Lagarrette Blount, etc.)  in case they get injured.  West was a bit of a surprise though, I totally expected Charles' replacement to be Knile Davis.

Lady Sakura

I have Blount, I tried to grab West but he was taken. I managed to get Deion well before he was good. I did a lot of reading once I started. Woke up read up on Fantasy stats and looked at possible matches up and sleepers. Lewis I replace Charles with when he went down. Then I picked up Rawls after someone dropped him and I was like Ha! Steal. I did more reading on Football than I did anything else.

LunarSage

Haha, well Aaron Rodgers was my 1st round pick at number 7 of 8. 

This was the first round:

1. Marshawn Lynch
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Andrew Luck
4. Rob Gronkowski
5. (Josietta's pick) LeVeon Bell
6. (My mom's pick) Jimmy Graham
7. (My pick) Aaron Rodgers
8. Jamaal Charles

Second Round:

1. Eddie Lacy
2. (My pick) Antonio Brown
3. (My mom's pick) DeMarco Murray
4. (Josietta's) Russell Wilson
5. Dez Bryant
6. C.J. Anderson
7. Demaryius Thomas
8. Odell Beckham Jr.

Then in the third round at number 7, Julio Jones was still there!  I couldn't believe it...

A lot of my great players that weren't expected to be great before the season started I picked up on waivers because I pay really close attention to who's been great week to week.  I watch NFL Network every day, go to Bleacherreport.com and nfl.com and make sure I know what's up with all the teams.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Remiel

Yeah, I don't think Davonte Freeman was even in most people's top 50 draft lists, and he ended up being the #1 RB for most of the season.

My team, if you can call it that, is the Denver Broncos.  I'd briefly considered drafting an all-Denver team (Peyton Manning, CJ Anderson, Demaryius Thomas, et al)  but I'm glad I didn't.  Except for the Denver defense.  I wish I'd grabbed that.

Lady Sakura

I grabbed the Bills they were ranked #3 Defense. I should have picked up the Broncos too..even though I hate them. I'm totally rooting for Steelers and Bengals when they face off. But Denver has a scary Defense, I agree with that. I probably should have picked up Panthers too.

Remiel

Yeah, I drafted the Bills as my primary D/ST too...but I quickly dumped them for the Cardinals when it became obvious Arizona would be a playoff contender.  In fact, all three of my Arizona players (Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona D/ST) were waiver wire pickups, and they haven't let me down.

At this point, I have no idea who the Super Bowl matchup will be.  Prior to the starting of the season, I would have said Packers and Patriots, but now, I have no idea.  Where the fuck did Carolina come from?  Why are they so good?

LunarSage

Quote from: Remiel on December 08, 2015, 07:37:07 PM
Yeah, I drafted the Bills as my primary D/ST too...but I quickly dumped them for the Cardinals when it became obvious Arizona would be a playoff contender.  In fact, all three of my Arizona players (Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona D/ST) were waiver wire pickups, and they haven't let me down.

At this point, I have no idea who the Super Bowl matchup will be.  Prior to the starting of the season, I would have said Packers and Patriots, but now, I have no idea.  Where the fuck did Carolina come from?  Why are they so good?

For awhile I had lost a lot of faith in my Seahawks this year, but after consistently lights out QB play from Russell Wilson and the defense finally starting to regain it's form in the last three weeks, I don't think there's a team in the nfl that they wouldn't have at least an even chance against.  They just need to get into the playoffs, which I think they will as a wildcard at 10-6 or 11-5.

Also, Rawls is freaking amazing.  Only 6 starts and he's on pace to get over 1,000 yards anyway.

Lady Sakura

Rawls was a really good pick up for me. I'm glad I grabbed him early. I will definitely be more prepared next time.

Remiel

Wanna do a playoff draft? :D  The three of us, and whoever else may be interested, pick teams qualifying for the playoffs in a snake draft.  Whoever's team wins the Super Bowl wins, obviously.

Lady Sakura

Sounds fun :D I'm game.

Gonna be the Patriots and Panthers with the same outcome as 2004 29-32 :D

I don't think the Pats are going to make it; probably gonna be the Panthers and ????

Mintprincess

I did it!!! Even though Dalton got hurt; ODB went off and so mint has made the playoffs for her league!!! I had to win and I needed the guy I beat last week to lose and he did! Eli didn't get quite enough to pull him up!  The funny thing is I needed hubby to beat him and hubby needed to win and have me to lose for him to get in.  So he didn't want Eli or ODB to perform. 

Remiel

Yeah. I had Beckham too, and when he made that 85-yard touchdown I was jumping up and down and clapping like an idiot.  Barring a complete tragedy, I'm headed to my league's championships!

Lady Sakura

Woot! Congrats to all that made it to their Playoffs!

Sadly, I did not make it to mine but lessons learned for next time!

LunarSage

I am in the championship round in both my leagues!!! 

Also, did anyone else catch the big MMA fight at Met life stadium on Sunday?

Mintprincess

Awesome Lunar!!!

I'm closing in on the first round win.  Up by more than 30 points, half a game left.  Opponent has Johnson. I have Abdullah. 

LunarSage

Today is the day!  I have a chance to win the championship in both my leagues.  My QBs are DangeRuss and Big Ben.  Wish me luck!

Quote from: Mintprincess on December 21, 2015, 09:05:19 PM
Awesome Lunar!!!

I'm closing in on the first round win.  Up by more than 30 points, half a game left.  Opponent has Johnson. I have Abdullah. 

Mint, how did last week turn out for you?  Are you in it this week?

Mintprincess

Just here to announce that I have won my league!!!!  Pick up of the week? Kirk cousins for the win!!!!!

Remiel

Quote from: Mintprincess on December 27, 2015, 10:36:15 PM
Just here to announce that I have won my league!!!!  Pick up of the week? Kirk cousins for the win!!!!!

congratulations, Minty!  Oh, that reminds me--do you have a favorite NFL team?

Still in my league's championship (weeks 16 and 17 are cumulative), but it's not looking good.   I could have had a lot more points if I had decided to run the Arizona D/ST instead of Pittsburg.  Argh.  Somehow, I didn't think Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay would fall apart so badly. X(

Mintprincess

No kidding on Green Bay! Cobb did nothing for me. My win was picking up Kirk cousins. He and reed nabbed me 70 points on their own!

And yes I do! I'm a Texans fan of course! Hometown girl right here!!!  You?

LunarSage

Congrats, Mint!  :-)

I lost one league because Russell Wilson and Seattle's defense tanked that week and won the other one by .76 points.  I had Roethlisberger and Brown, who nearly lost me the championship.

How about Upset Sunday, though?  Wow.

Lady Sakura

Sooo mad! Can't believe they lost! Then all the Bengals had to do was win and were so great then lost it in OT stupid fumble. Sigh...my birthday is cursed. We lost to the bills last year on it 12/28 but hey they made up for it by winning the superbowl!

Congrats to those that won their league!

LunarSage

Quote from: Vampire Mistress Sakura on December 29, 2015, 12:32:00 PM
Sooo mad! Can't believe they lost! Then all the Bengals had to do was win and were so great then lost it in OT stupid fumble. Sigh...my birthday is cursed. We lost to the bills last year on it 12/28 but hey they made up for it by winning the superbowl!

Congrats to those that won their league!

Hey at least your team lost to a team with a winning record.  >.<

Lady Sakura

The rams are a good time you could have been the Packers with only 8 points lol.

If we can fry some fish we get home field! Just need to hope we can get jump on them early in first half.

Home field is within reach unless the Chargers don't suck and can beat the Broncos.

LunarSage

Well, the Rams play my Hawks tougher than any other team.  I don't know what it is.

The Hawks will definitely (regardless of the result of week 17) play either the Redskins, Packers or Vikings in the first round of the playoffs.  I like their chances against any of them, to be honest.  There's only one team in the entire NFL that I'm not entirely confident we could beat, and that's the Cardinals.  I'm actually amazed that Carson Palmer has managed to stay healthy all season, as injury prone as he's always been.

Remiel

Quote from: Vampire Mistress Sakura on December 29, 2015, 12:32:00 PM
Sooo mad! Can't believe they lost! Then all the Bengals had to do was win and were so great then lost it in OT stupid fumble

As a Broncos fan, I watched that game and was overall pretty happy with the result.   ;D  ;D  ;D