1x1 Rp Idea

Started by Aiyanna, January 23, 2014, 02:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiyanna

Hi guys! New member here. I want to start things off right with an RP idea I had that I've really been wanting to find someone to do with me! I had this idea actually sort of as a dream, sort of formulated in the first 10 minutes after I woke up one morning and rushed downstairs to write it down so I wouldn't forget. After I stopped to read it, I was kind of like, 'Hey, that might be fun to RP!' and I'm hoping someone else feels the same. First off is just an overview of what the RP is, second will be what I wrote that morning, kind of an opening scene to the role play.

And the story is:
It's modern day Earth, but under the illusion of normalcy, an eons old war between good and evil is raging every day. Demons stalk the streets and Angels wing through the skies, invisible to the humans around them. Except for a very select few, known to Angels as Guardians. It's not really polite to repeat what the Demons call them. The Guardians are very special humans, immortals really, if they can avoid being killed, with special powers, magical powers. And other than Angels, are the only ones strong enough to kill demons. Some have power over the elements, some can speak with animals and command them to do their bidding, still others control holy light or harness the very shadowy energy that the demon's themselves wield. Some are skilled healers-raising their fallen comrades from the dead- while others can kill with a wave of their hands.

But the Demons hunted the Guardians, all of them, in great hordes, and soon, very few remained, far too few to fight back all the ravening armies of Hell. This was over a thousand years ago. And when the hour seemed darkest of all, a sage lay on her deathbed, a wise woman and ancient even among angels, prophesied a Guardian with the strength of the Archangel himself, who had long since disappeared from the Earth to contemplate the secrets of the universe from the heavens.

Now, the time of the prophecy is near, and the Angels have discovered the identity of the prophesied guardian, and seek to protect him. Unfortunately, so have the demons, and Lucifer has sent forth one of his lieutenants to track the man down and slay him before he comes in to his powers. The Angels get there in time, but only just, and thus begins the whirlwind journey to train the Guardian, all the while fighting off the demons, protecting Earth, all the while trying to keep the struggle from the general populace. 

Now the opening scene:

A man ran through rain-soaked streets in pale gray afternoon light. It had been raining most of the day, and his feet splashed through countless puddles on the asphalt. His breathing came hard; he was in good shape, but he’d been running awhile. Running away. Having just witnessed a massacre carried out by a single man in the dorm hall where he lived, he’d been the only one to get away. But the man, monster, thing, whatever he was, had pursued him. Looking around desperately for somewhere to hide, he spotted a seedy motel and ducked inside. There was no one in the little cashier’s box with its bulletproof glass, and luck was finally on his side. He opened the door and crouched down, trying to calm his breathing as his legs trembled and water pooled around him, dripping from his skin, clothes, and hair.

Then he heard the door of the motel open, the cheerful jingle of the bell ringing to alert anyone that a customer was here. But this was no customer. “I know you’re in here….” a deep voice sing-songed. There was an evil sort of chuckle. “Daaaavid….That’s right, isn’t it? Your name is David? Oh, the angels must simply love you. A call back to one of their few and not so impressive victories, David and Goliath…ha. Unfortunately for you, it’s not a battle of man and giant, this time, more a match between an insect and a fly swatter. It’s really not fair.” Suddenly the man was there, in the opening of the cashier’s box, and David squeezed his eyes shut, knowing that those eyes like black holes would be his last sight on this earth.

“No!” another deep male voice cried, and there was a flash of bright white light. “You will not have him Azaizel!” David opened his eyes again in surprise. There was another man standing there in the opening of the cashier’s box, and he was massive, and…dear God. Were those wings coming out of his back? He held a huge gleaming longsword in both hands, facing off with the black-eyed man, Azaizel, apparently. Azaizel snarled, his own black blade coming up. “Gabriel. I might have known. Coming to protect your little pet. But you didn’t stop me from wiping out that entire dorm hall, did you? That must irk you so.” The angel, he had to be an angel, growled. “Their spirits are being attended now. They will all enter the Kingdom. You, on the other hand, are going straight back to Hell!” He attacked, and David watched in awe through the glass as the two locked in an epic struggle.

Suddenly, he heard a ‘pst!’ from the door, and looked back, eyes widening. Easily the most beautiful woman he had ever seen beckoned from the door. “David, come here!” she whispered urgently. He stepped out of the cashier’s box reluctantly. He knew against the two busily destroying the lobby as they fought each other, it was little, if any, protection, but he still did not want to leave it. Then he came out and saw that the woman was not only holding a bow, but had a sword strapped to her hip and wings coming from her back. She was an angel, like Gabriel, and he stared, mouth gaping. “What on earth…” She shook her head, interrupting. “No time now!” There was a howl in the other room, Azaizel had spotted their attempted retreat. “No!” he screamed, charging. The woman grinned, grabbed David and pulled him close. “Not today, imp,” she said mischievously, and they vanished in a cloud of white smoke, leaving behind only the sound of her musical laugh. The demon screeched again, shattering all the glass in the room. Still standing in the other room, Gabriel shook his head, and vanished as well, leaving Azaizel to rage alone. 

Now, my character would be the female angel, mostly because I'm not very good with playing male roles. The other role would be David. I can see this maybe possibly morphing in to a group RP at some point, but who knows! In any case, for David, I don't care if it is a guy who plays the role or someone else who is comfortable with male roles. It would make me happy if the character's name was still David, mostly so I can keep the snide remark in the opening scene that the demon makes about David and Goliath, but I won't be heartbroken if it gets changed. So please guys, tell me what you think, and I hope someone takes an interest!
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

Rassehlum

Hello, Baroness! This looks interesting. Do you see this as a completely open story, or do you have some specific events in mind that you'd like to get to?

Aiyanna

Well, I suppose I have a happy ending in mind, maybe one or two things I want to happen, but that is the kind of thing I like to discuss with my rp partner
Ideas
O/o's

Rassehlum

Right on. I would like to throw my name in the hat to play this with you. That is, if you're ok with me being a newbie both on this site and rp in general. Most of my rp experience comes from gaming.

Aiyanna

well the whole point I think of these forums is to get newbies noticed and maybe having a good time during the approval process.
Ideas
O/o's

Aiyanna

NEW STUFF

Ok, so, I'm not really a new member anymore, so ignore that first line. I still really want to play out this idea, but it's slow-going at the moment. Not to mention, I kind of like the idea of playing a story with more than one person, to explore different character aspects and writing styles, as well as different twists and turns in the story itself. Reply to the thread or send me a message if you are interested in playing David.
Ideas
O/o's

DarkAngelic

Oooh. You hit my sweet-spots. I'm always a sucker for things with wings. You mentioned not minding having a girl play David... I'd be more than happy to give it a shot. This being "non-adult", I assume there won't be any mixing of genitalia? (I'm not much of a fan of the actual RP of that, but it can get close/tease/etc)
Why are you alive?
I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
What's the point of your existence?
To feel. Because you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And  without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.
(Equilibrium)

Aiyanna

Quote from: DarkAngelic on May 27, 2014, 12:06:34 PM
Oooh. You hit my sweet-spots. I'm always a sucker for things with wings. You mentioned not minding having a girl play David... I'd be more than happy to give it a shot. This being "non-adult", I assume there won't be any mixing of genitalia? (I'm not much of a fan of the actual RP of that, but it can get close/tease/etc)

This story can either be played with naughty elements or without. Yes I do intend for a romance to develop, but it doesn't need to be graphic.
Ideas
O/o's

WeepingLiberty

Well seeing as your original intent for this was 1x1 and you've gotten interest already, I'd normally let it go... but you've piqued my interest so I'm voicing it. If you have plans to make this into a group rp of any size please let me know. I'd be fine playing an Angel, Demon, human... Fellow Guardian still in training... Actually, I'd be okay playing a pet dog if that's what it took. XD

Long story short I'm interested if you change your mind on the number of players.
ONs/OFFs & Absences<---Updated 9/8

Aiyanna

There is a vague possibility of it being a group RP later in the story, but the chance is small, I like 1x1 much better. Actually, I still haven't been able to get this story off the ground. If you like the story, you are more than welcome to take the role of David. Just find a picture for me and provide some sort of character profile. I know there are quite a few guide lines created by my opening scene to follow, but I assure you, other than the basic character build, you could play him as you wished.
Ideas
O/o's

WeepingLiberty

Quote from: DarkAngelic on May 27, 2014, 12:06:34 PM

I'm assuming that there hasn't been any other interest expressed by DarkAngelic^^? I would hate to steal a role from someone who got here before me, but I'll get to work setting something up for David anyway.

Aiyanna

I wouldn't offer if there was. I've tried starting this story 5 different times. Twice I started and it died after a handful of posts, and the other three, no dice after the initial show of interest. If you don't get approved, I will provide an email for  you to contact me.
Ideas
O/o's

WeepingLiberty

Such a shame that a cool idea goes to waste like that. I know the feeling of starting things and having it dropped or things never taking off at all. It's disheartening... I don't see why I shouldn't be accepted but it might take a little longer because of a friend who used to write here. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Lol. I just reread through the intro bit and couldn't find any physical description other than the fact that he is physically fit and on the younger side. By dorm hall, you mean he's a college student and in his 20's right? Any particular city you had in mind? Sorry for all the questions, it just gives me a better sense of how to write him.

Aiyanna

No, you are fine. You have to understand, I woke up one morning with that scene in my head and had to rush downstairs to write it before I lost it. Yes, he is between 21 and 25, and in shape at least partially (I mean, I want my character to be attracted to the guy, and it would take a bit to get the attention of a several hundred year old warrior angel).  On the offchance you aren't accepted, I'll find some way to talk to you. Email maybe. College student fit with the age group and opening scene. I didn't have a specific place in mind, just a big city, maybe New York or Chicago. Probably Chicago, NYC is overused.
Ideas
O/o's

WeepingLiberty

I don't know much about Chicago, so NYC might have been better... But seeing as it's overused... Would Philadelphia be a happy medium? They have Temple University (which my cousin works at) and I've visited quite a few times so I know the area a lot better than somewhere across the country. And if it comes to Email then I'd be more than happy to give it to you. I actually have one set aside for RPing specifically. I get so much other junk in my primary that I loose things and I'd hate to miss out on something because FB notifications bumped it from the page before I could see it.

So fit, good looking, intelligent, between the ages of 21 and 25... I can work with this despite being a dream put down on electronic paper. XD Let's see what I can come up with. Oh, just one more question. If I'm to provide a picture, which I usually do, would you prefer a real person over an animated one? Everyone has different tastes so I'd hate to assume something.

Aiyanna

I don't have a preference for what my partner uses for pics. The only reason I steer clear of real images normally is because I think I would find it awkward if someone was using a pic of me as a reference shot for an RP character, so I try not to be a hypocrite and do it to anyone else.

The only reason I say Chicago is because I can see being able to go from a college campus to a shady back street with a run down motel. NYC is overused as I said and I know nothing about Philadelphia. Actually, I've only been to Chicago once other than being in the airport a few times, so I'm just running off a few mental images. But honestly, the story just starts in a big city, they won't be there for very long, and they'll be bouncing around a lot. Feel free to take some artistic license with actual city layouts and just have fun with it. It doesn't have to be perfect, just remember what is written each post for the sake of consistency.

sounds great for the email route. I'll send you a link of my character profile tomorrow, or, I'll post it here in the thread I should say.
Ideas
O/o's

WeepingLiberty

Then I guess we should just leave the city name blank then. XD Doesn't bother me any.

WeepingLiberty

Picture

David is just your average guy. He grew up an only child in a house with both of his parents. Went to high school and maintained decent grades while on the varsity soccer team. And while he wasn't on the list of most popular guys, he had a girlfriend or two and appeared at many of the big parties. He graduated with his class and was accepted to a four year university which he started at the following Fall. Both his image and his studies became important to him, so  if he wasn't studying, he was at the gym working out. Much like high school he wasn't the most popular despite being described as dreamy and mysterious. David didn't try to stand out or hide, he simply existed and worked hard to graduate from college. By the end of his final year, David had relaxed some and started hanging out with his dorm buddies and had planned to spend his 22nd birthday out with the guys. It wouldn't be long until his seemingly normal life was to be turned upside down in a war he had known nothing about.

Overall David is a pretty smart guy, book smart that is. He's athletic but not necessarily strong, being a soccer player his strength is in his legs. Being self-conscious about his body, he works out constantly and smokes to avoid eating during times of stress. He is a quick study but can get overwhelmed easily and tends to get defensive or snarky when upset. A lot of the time he tries to act tough and cool, but he secretly has a soft spot for kids.

~Just a little something I threw together in the middle of the night. I can redo it later if you want, just let me know. Usually I do these in CS formation but I figured I'd try and write something instead. XD~

Aiyanna

I like it all except the smoking thing. Smoking(or really any kind of drug use) has got to be the biggest turn off on the planet for me. It's stinky, expensive, and honestly, the smell makes me sick. I know it is just an RP, but still. I'm sorry, (damn, maybe I should put that in my no no list on O/O's) but I gotta say no to the smoking.
Ideas
O/o's

WeepingLiberty

>x< Hahahaha, yeah alright. But he's gotta have something bad about him,  because he's good looking, smart, athletic.... Nothing annoys me more than thinking I have a perfect character... But I guess since any kind of drug use is a no no, electric hookah pens are out? The only smell is fruity deliciousness. -.- 

Aiyanna

He doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but his defect doesn't have to be physical in nature, it could be a character defect, bad temper, lack of self confidence, good with math but struggles with history or science, the list of possibilities is long and detailed.
Ideas
O/o's

WeepingLiberty

Good point. He could be an asshole. XD Overly sarcastic is more my style than ill tempered, probably second guesses himself a lot.

Aiyanna

Oh sarcasm is my native language, go right ahead with that lol
Ideas
O/o's

WeepingLiberty

Sorry for disappearing all of a sudden. There is a bit of a situation here at my house and so some short notice entertainment was required of me.  8-)  So David is now overly sarcastic rather than having a smoking problem, I can work with this. Can't wait to meet this female angel of yours though. I do love me a badass angel woman.  ;D

Aiyanna

I tried to post this once already, I didn't realize it didn't work. I apologize, I promise I wasn't ignoring you. Here is my character, I should have added her earlier, silly me.

(by BaronessAiyanna)
Name: Elizabeth, please call me Liz.
Race: Angel
Description: Mostly like the picture, but my hair is longer now, with streaks of red and blonde in it, and my eyes are very dark sapphire blue, flecked with bits of gold. You're more likely to find me in some kind of armor than a dress. Also, like all angels, I can conceal my wings, when I do, they appear as an intricate tattoo across my shoulders.
Personality: I tend to be more sweet and playful than anything. I get in to a lot of light mischief, mostly just to be a tease, but that's just because I like to make people laugh. I only get all cold and polite when I really don't like someone. I tend to get more serious before a fight, but sometimes not even then. All that doom and gloom can't be good for morale. If I'm to die today, I'd rather go out in style, not moping along to the finish line. I don't have much of a temper, but injustices and harm done to those I care about will get me riled up rather quickly. I warm quickly to new people, unless I've been given reason to mistrust them, and am generally a sunny individual.
Abilities: Good with most traditional medieval weapons. Knives, sword, bows, mace, flail, etc. But my favorite weapon is a glaive. I've gotten to be a very good shot with modern firearms as well, but nothing finishes off a demon quite as well as a silver blade. I also have the ability to heal, and teleportation (though that is tiring). I can manipulate light, to a degree, and detect the general motives and nature of others. Oh, yes, and the wings are fully functional. I'm very flexible and acrobatic, and light on my feet. Having bones as light as a bird's helps with that.
Bio: I was born sometime in the 13th century, the offspring of two guardian angels, and bred to follow in their footsteps. Guardian angels have that title, because our primary purpose is to find, protect, and train or get training for human Guardians. The 13th century was a busy time for us, because under the hustle of the Crusades and various other European conflicts, there was another battle going on. As frequently occurs when the chaos and anger that burns in men's hearts is out in full force, such as during war, demons were taking advantage of the chaos, which made them stronger, to continue their struggle against us, the angels. This has been going on since time was time. At first, angels and demons lived on Earth, watching the development of humans. The split came when the Archangel and his brother had a disagreement about how we should interact with humans. Protecting them, or enslaving them. The Archangel wanted to protect them, while his brother, Lucifer, wanted to control them, as angels and demons were far superior in strength and ability. There was a dreadful battle between the two of them, and in the end, Lucifer took the demons and created a realm deep in the crust of the earth, a place of fire and smoke and darkness, while the angels ascended into the sky to create cities among the clouds. And ever since, angels have tried to protect humans, while demons try to control them, or kill them.

Near the beginning, there, the Archangel took steps to try and help humans protect themselves. It ended up backfiring, eventually, at least for the particularly effected individuals, but his efforts have still helped with the war. He created the first Guardians, seeding various members of the population, all over the world, with a variety of abilities, and assigned angels to teach them about their new skills, and how to defend themselves and those around them. Unless their souls were corrupted or destroyed, many Guardians became angels when they died. Yes, it's strange, but we can be born or made. Lots of intricacies there. Anyway. Eventually, the demons became aware of the Archangels fiddling, and grew angered. As angels had been assigned to protect them, teams of demons made it their sole mission to hunt down and kill Guardians. So we began trying to make them stronger, better, more powerful. And it worked, to a point, but it began causing far more casualties as greater demons would be sent to eliminate the Guardians. So we went to ground, and tried to hide them. Then, demons figured out they could still lure Guardians to their side, to fight for them. Ever since, it has been a constant battle to find Guardians, protect them, and convince them to fight on our side.

But around the time I was born, things were coming to a stalemate. There were not enough angels to push back the demon armies completely, nor were the demons strong enough to defeat us without considerable effort. The Guardians had become major players, but in our desperate hunt to find them, we had nearly wiped them out. Guardians did not live long enough to pass on their abilities as each side eliminated them as soon as they began to work for the enemy. Many went in to hiding completely, and some who had powers were never discovered, as they saw others like them slaughtered and never showed their abilities. That's when I was born, during a time when there were few Guardians left, and whole teams would be assigned to guard each one. I was on one such team.

So, general history, let's focus on me a moment. After I completed my training and was said to be ready for battle, I was assigned to the group protecting a female guardian, a young lady with fantastic abilities with animals. We were passing through a forest, on the way to a well-fortified castle to guard her in, when we were attacked by a small army of demons. Try though we might, our party of a dozen was overrun. Even with the young guardian calling every clawed and fanged creature for miles to help us, the battle was lost. Three angels, myself and two others, survived the battle, but only just, and only two of us ever made it back to one of the cities. We were captured by the surviving demons, and our third comrade died on the way to a demon stronghold. We were kept and tortured for I don't know how long, but as soon as I had the strength, I was able to teleport us to one of the angel cities. We discovered later that it had been nearly 6 months, and there were only a handful of Guardians left alive fighting for our side, and none at all for the demons. Three, that was all.

It took another 50 years, but we lost them as well, eventually. And then, we could find no more. That was sometime around 1500. But at long last, we had a ray of hope. One of the oldest among us, a sage and ancient among angels, one who had been around before the Archangel rose to the very stars to spend eternity in solitary contemplation of the heavens, had a vision. A vision of a Guardian who would be born far in to the future, and would end the war, for good, or for evil. Her vision said he would be heralded by a long war in the sands of the east, at a time when the world needed him most desperately. Spurred on by her words, the battle continued its long stalemate. Finally, the time of the prophecy drew near, and both sides searched desperately for the foreseen Guardian.

We were lucky enough to find him first. Gabriel, the angel who had been captured with me, and I, were the ones assigned to watch him and guard him from afar, not wishing to attract undue attention. We found him as a boy, so we did our best to make sure his youth was a peaceful one. And until the night the demon Azaizel, Lucifer's second in command, found him at his college dorm, we were successful. Now we must get to him and save him, before it's too late, and we are locked forever in this dreadful stalemate, or worse, he goes over to the demons
Ideas
O/o's