News:

Main Menu

Need PC games help.

Started by Sabby, September 27, 2009, 07:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I have a basic laptop. I can run Half Life 1 and Clive Barkers Undying without an issue.

What I'm really craving lately is some violence. The up close swords and shields. I need PC games that I'll be able to run and are either brawlers, slashers, swords and sorcery, gangs and bats, as long as it involves someone getting bloodied.

Will also take suggestions for shooters.

GlompNinja

Hello sabby ^_^

As I mentioned I do most of my gaming on consoles but here are some I like, which run on a fairly crap computer ....

Chaos Legion: OMG I finally found it, one of my favorite hack and slash games of all time, you play as a summoner/knight attempting to prevent the end of the world.

Spellforce Series: RTS/RPG Probably not really what you are looking for but its a fairly good game for this genre....

Elder Scrolls Morrowind: I found this a lot more fun than oblivion. Its an RPG/Adventure game, fairly well known.

Ed Hunter: A rail shooter made by Iron Maiden, quite fun if you can get your hands on a copy.

Baldurs Gate series and NeverWinter nights: PC games modelled on DnD.

Diablo 1 and 2- Just awesome.

Dungeon Keeper: You play as a dungeon keeper raising all sorts of monsters to fight the heroes and lord of the land as well as other dungeon keepers. Simply awesome. DK1 is far better than DK2 in my opinion.

Thats a quick list, if I think of any more I'll tell you.

HairyHeretic

Do you have an idea of the specs?

Are you looking for single player only?

What about multiplayer online games?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Sabby

Single only. Specs? *brain fizzles*

Severance Blade of Darkness, and The Warriors are two good examples of the games I'm looking for.

HairyHeretic

Can't really help you too much I'm afraid then. The only FPS I've really played was Planetside, which is an MMOFPS. I got into it 4 years or so ago, so your machine would likely run it, but it doesn't seem to be what you want.

Most of my single player games are strategy types, either RTS or turn based.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

Wiki gave me a list of freeware FPS games - there's also a link at the bottom of that page to a broader-range list of freeware games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free_first-person_shooters
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ryven

Not sure if your laptop can run it or if you can still get it, but Hellgate: London is a good game for both sword/shield bashing and slashing along with flashy magic and big guns.  It's no longer playable online, but the offline game is still very fun.

SleepyWei

The only game I'm playing on my pc at the moment is 9 Dragons. It's a fairly good martial arts mmorpg and it just has a great authentic feel to it when you play. It's spec requirements aren't that high either so I recommend it.

Hunter

The original HALO does have a PC version if you're interested.  (And I think the demo is still on downloads.com)

Kaiten

If you want up close brawling with weapons and such, I'd suggest Mount and Blade.

Basically you go around, raising an army, and you can choose to just fight or join a side and fight for them, while being able to buy armor and weapons and such. It's got a really good fighting system, and killing people on a horse is... fun.

It's probably one of the most interesting Medieval games I've seen since it's really freeform as opposed to a story. Lots of good mods too.

Specs aren't that high. Even though it's a fairly new game.

DrFier

Im running a pretty weak pc here too, I've got a Radeon x200 and 2G of ram.

currently I have HL2, TF2, D2, Gmod10, WCIII, H:CE and Spore installed, and they all run fine.

I also had UT3 and SWG trials installed, they ran fine too.

Unfortunately, It is not powerful enough to run the best MMO ever, PS.

Edit: if you want to know what you're dealing with, just run DXDIAG.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.