1001 Nights in Castle Heterodyne: A tale of Science Gone Amok! [NC-E]

Started by The Great Triangle, March 14, 2010, 05:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

Castle Heterodyne is an ancient fortress in the heart of darkest Europe, inhabited by the most vicious and psychotic mad scientists around.  Thrill in their mad love affairs!  Convulse with horror at their creations that would make God himself wet his pants!   The game will focus on mad scientists abducting victims from local communities and experimenting on them, as well as making odd creations and launching them in various combinations at others.  Expect lots of leather, lots of steampunk, lots of technobabble, and some monsters with fantastic hats.

The game will use the same setting as the Girl Genius comic, and take place 300 years before the events of the comic (in the mid 17th century, for those keeping score at home)  Obviously there are roles for heterodyne mad scientists, villager victims, toady mad science assistants, and creations of various sorts.  Other possible roles include malevolent robots, Mongfish clan rival mad scientists, hyperintelligent animals, and possibly even a player for the artificially intellegent castle itself.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

PeacethatPowerbrings

I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Kunoichi

Wolfy

HairyHeretic

I'd be quite tempted to play a Jagermonster, but mostly for the comic aspects :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

The Great Triangle

So, what are people interested in playing?  I'd be happy to play a particularly mad assistant (I'll get into too much trouble and wierdness if I'm playing a mad scientist)  though ye olde basement tentacle monster is also an attractive option.  Mad Victim ("no, the electrode doesn't go over there, it goes over here!") might also be a good role.

Ons and Offs

PeacethatPowerbrings

I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Kunoichi

Jaegermonster for me! ^^ (Jaegermistress?  Wait, that makes no sense...)

The Great Triangle

Jagergurl.   ;D 

They're known to be quite dominant and spanky; there's a fetish bar in Mechanicsburg which caters to men who like the type.  (of course, it's just regular girls dressed up as Jagers, because real Jagergurls would likely cause severe injuries)

Ons and Offs

Kunoichi

Likely?  Oh no, ve certainly vould cause severe injuries! ;D

*needs to look over the Jaegers some more to get a better handle on the accent*

Esoteric Myobi

This game idea definitely caught my interest...I just have no background information to work off of besides my own imagination since I haven't a clue as to what the comic pertains to x.X;

Would this disqualify me from the game? The fact that I am utterly clueless as to the going-ons? I think I'd probably fit the role of a victim-made-guinea-pig-experiment best..

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

I don't really think it would exclude you at all, Myo, though I think you may need want to do some reading. ;)

Lucky for you, it's an excellent story that I'm sure you'll enjoy. ^^

Esoteric Myobi

Hmm...-wants to be lazy and skimp on the reading but will skim through the basics is necessary-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

Esoteric Myobi

-is smart and reads the fine print at the bottom of her contracts and thus did not miss Kuno's teeny warning that is trying so hard and yet so unsuccessfully to hide itself-

I see you Mr. Warning! >=( And thus I have just saved myself a ruined life.

-clicks on the link anyway to peruse later on in the day when she can actually read properly and process the words in her mind instead of staring blankly at the screen-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 16, 2010, 06:36:40 PM
Likely?  Oh no, ve certainly vould cause severe injuries! ;D

*needs to look over the Jaegers some more to get a better handle on the accent*

(Agatha has stumbled upon Othar's prison, but is discovered by two Jägerkin guards)
    Gorb: Dot idiot secret door. Dey gotta git rid of dot ting. Vell, let's just keel her.
    Othar Tryggvassen: Fiends. Kill her and I'll tell the baron.
    Gorb: Vell, mebbe ve keel you too, schmot guy.
    Minsk: Gorb...
    Gorb: Vat!?
    Minsk: Gorb. Dis iz turnink into vun of dose plans...hyu know, de kind vere ve keel everybody dot notices dot ve's keelin' people?
    Gorb: It is?
    Minsk: Uh huh. And how do dose alvays end?
    Gorb: De dirigible iz in flames, everyboddyz dead an' I've lost my hat.
    Minsk: Dot's right. Und any plan vere you lose you hat iz?
    Gorb: A bad plan?
    Misnk: Right again!
    Agatha Clay: Look. How about you don't kill me and I won't mention that you let me get in.
    Gorb: Vell...
    Minsk: Hoy! Excellent! Vot a schmot gurl!
    Gorb: You mean dis is vun of dose plans vere ve don't kill anybody!?

Playing a Jaeger would be fun, but I think keeping the accent up would be a killer :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Kunoichi

Ah, right.  So, let's see...

"Likely?  Ho no, ve certainly vould cause severe injuries!" ;D

How's dot? ;)

The Great Triangle

Ons and Offs

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Creating a Jaeger is going to take a bit of time...

Like, Jaegermonsters seem to be pretty much immortal, as far as old age goes, so do I make her older than she appears, or should she be a younger Jaeger?  And then I need to come up with an appearance, though I guess making her a green-eyed monster with orange skin and dark red hair could work.  But then, what about clothes?  Some sort of Heterodyne Castle Maid Outfit?

Actually, I take it back. >>; This is a bit easier than I was thinking it was.

Remiel

Argh! No! Bad! No more group games! I'm full up on group games!

...drat.  >:(

Kunoichi

The Great Triangle

A heterodyne castle maid outfit would likely end up being a whole bunch of leather and metal studs, though that's more a construct thing...  (at least from what we see in the comic)   Of course, there might be a reason male Jagers go crazy over that look.

Ons and Offs

Kunoichi

And the studs would, of course, be shaped like trilobytes. ^^ Works for me!

Esoteric Myobi

-feels like she is reading another language...but thinks she'll be able to manage to fudge her way through as long as she starts off as a victim and feels her way from there-

<.<;;.....

...>.>;;...

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~