Slay That Dragon! (Interest Check)

Started by bubby, May 08, 2011, 01:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Dragons are now hunted heavily, parts used for certain 'elixirs', teeth, claws, scales, blood. The older the dragon parts, the more rare the color, the more expensive and exotic the elixirs are. Slayers are out to get rich, most hired by Royalty to gain parts for their personal sorcerers to make said elixirs. Some slayers might, though, end up seeing the dragons as the wondrous creatures they really are, and seek to befriend  the beasts.

Players needed:

Dragons : Silver taken, only one in existence, oldest at Great Wyrm. (My char) There will be many NPC'd. Any other color, chromatic or metallic accepted. Age must be 1500 years or younger. Size must be under 500 ft. Power and/or strength your own preference as long as it's remembered that my character is the Big Dawg here. Shifting to human or animal acceptable.

Royalty: King, queen, princes/princesses. ANY  royal type personage seeking elixirs for a myriad of reasons. In this part of the story much intrigue and backstabbing could occur...

Sorcerers: Connected to the Royals to make elixirs, seekers of slayers to gain parts. Depending on how many wish to play this type of char, maybe a traveling one, telling the Royals of what your char can provide them..

Slayers. Well....slaying. You may choose to seek to become a rider if you wish,  perhaps bonding with a dragon you are hunting in some way, but you must start as a slayer, and once you're a rider you're no longer a slayer, and the other slayers will wish to end your existence and take your dragon for..yes..PARTS.. slaying is the main goal. Slaying = parts = prestige in this world. Riders are outcasts, but one never knows..are you friends with a rider? Is a rider living in your village? You'd not be able to tell...

This is a tentative interest check. If there ends up being enough people to want to be part of this game, such things as what each dragon part is worth and what type of elixir it makes will be added, as well as perhaps territories. If enough interest is shown a more definitive story outline will be given. I seek players willing and capable to make decent posts. I don't expect a book with each post, but I do crave someone willing to put in effort. If this game gets off the ground, I'm not sure where it will go. I expect blood and battle in the RP, and I don't know that much sex would be involved, but I don't care if it happens between chars. This is basically not a sex-based RP.

I hope this grabs enough people!

Kaiten

Well I might be interested. But I gotta ask, your character wouldn't be godly powerful, would it?

bubby

Oh no! I just have an idea for the story as mine being the oldest, wisest..yadda, hence she being able to rally the other dragons around her, giving advice and such. She's by no means " I SHALL SMITE THEE powerful..lol. Being Silver, though indeed capable of being good in a fight, she's more defensive, and she'd rather use wisdom and temperence!

AngelicBlade

Very interested in playing a slayer role in your roleplay here. Let me know if there is a spot open for me please? :-)

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmmm, I would be interested in this RP. Not quite sure do I want play as slayer or as a dragon. The basic frame for both would be;

Dragon: A fairly young and small dragon for his age, it's not greatest combatant nor skilled in dragon magic nor have much for treasure. But he belongs to extinct subspecies for dragon known as 'Windriders'. Basically said Windrider dragons are extremely fast fliers from all dragons. It's like comparing present modern day figther jet plane to old three wing propel plane from first world war when speaking about speed difference. So even altough he is not good in close combat he makes more than enough with his aerial speed superiority and aerial combat. So far he avoids slayers because he has taken human form and even in human form he is extraordinary fast runner. Also most ballista or siege weapons cannot hit him because he moves that fast. Also if he would focus spin around target in air, he can create literally tornado with his speed and wind motion he creates.

Slayer: A renown slayer who is past forty but looks like he's man in twenties. He's known for great strenght and endurance and ability heal from his injuries quick. Many say he has drinked many draconic elixirs to gain his prowess but truth of the matter is that his mother herself was a true dragon but she had taken human form to disguise herself and top of it all cursed herself to seal her form so she cannot take never again dragon form. Slayer is not aware of this fact. However mother would had lived very long time if not for a chromatic nasty natured dragon coming burn down farm where parents lived and got killed by draconic fire. Ever since then he has been on road of vengeance with dragons, caring little for elixir business associated with slayers but he welcomes gold to help pursue his goal in hunting dragons.

ofDelusions

I would be interested to play a dragon. Always wanted to play one.

One question though. Are all chromatic dragons expected to be and metallic dragons good? Depending on that I'd like to a bit older (700-1200 years old) sorcery using dragon that prefers to act through illusions (or dominated lackies) or a bolstorous young red.

Techn0logic

I am interested, I must say. Being a king sounds pretty intriguing as well. Lemme know if this gets to the drawing board.
Understanding is a triple-edged sword: Your side, my side, and the truth.

bubby

Quote from: AngelicBlade on May 09, 2011, 01:15:06 AM
Very interested in playing a slayer role in your roleplay here. Let me know if there is a spot open for me please? :-)

You are more then welcome to be a slayer. I shall reserve a spot for you!

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 09, 2011, 01:48:08 AM
Hmmmm, I would be interested in this RP. Not quite sure do I want play as slayer or as a dragon. The basic frame for both would be;

I think either of your ideas would be ok. I'd need to know that you wouldn't go over the top in either of the characters strengths though. I think I personally like the idea of your dragon the best, being young and inexperienced. This way it would perhaps cause a better link between my char and yours? Or maybe even the complete opposite, where my char tries to take yours 'under her wing' but he wants nothing of it? Just an idea...

Quote from: ofDelusions on May 09, 2011, 03:09:36 AM
I would be interested to play a dragon. Always wanted to play one.

One question though. Are all chromatic dragons expected to be and metallic dragons good? Depending on that I'd like to a bit older (700-1200 years old) sorcery using dragon that prefers to act through illusions (or dominated lackies) or a bolstorous young red.

You can play your dragon having any sort of attitude you like. My dragon will basically be the one trying to bring all dragons together again, being a Silver, and the oldest. She'll attempt to 'mother' the group. Failure in this endeavour will make a better story. :)

Quote from: Techn0logic on May 09, 2011, 04:03:59 AM
I am interested, I must say. Being a king sounds pretty intriguing as well. Lemme know if this gets to the drawing board.

Excellent! I'll pencil you in!

Thank you all for your interest! I'll be waiting awhile longer to see if more interest generates. I also need to come up with a list of elixirs and their Power. And some other stuff, like rules and guidelines. At LEAST a week, if not a smidge longer.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I go with my dragon then. I meant him to be super fast dragon species, even faster than your silver perhaps but otherwise he lacks experience or skills to be any threat to her (expect in direct non-magical flight race). I think my dragon char is kind of wandering orphan who tries blend in human society in human form but does not want be controlled or ruled by stranger (even if motherly intentions). He's basically living dragon teen years so he acts quite much a young male in teen age.

Urbanzorro

I'm interested in playing in this game ;D. Most likely as a dragon slayer. I also had a question is it possible for player characters to be riders? must it be something earned in game?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

bubby

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 09, 2011, 12:35:54 PM
Well, I go with my dragon then. I meant him to be super fast dragon species, even faster than your silver perhaps but otherwise he lacks experience or skills to be any threat to her (expect in direct non-magical flight race). I think my dragon char is kind of wandering orphan who tries blend in human society in human form but does not want be controlled or ruled by stranger (even if motherly intentions). He's basically living dragon teen years so he acts quite much a young male in teen age.

I really like that idea Zaer. Roll with it. I'll be making a character template as soon as I can.

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 09, 2011, 12:41:23 PM
I'm interested in playing in this game ;D. Most likely as a dragon slayer. I also had a question is it possible for player characters to be riders? must it be something earned in game?

It must be earned in game, as I believe this will broaden the story. Slayers can only become riders if they bond with a dragon they are hunting, and hopefully it's with an actual dragon that is being played.  This is why I am waiting a bit longer for interest, to make sure we have enough player ratio. This also shouldn't be an easy task mind you!

Urbanzorro

QuoteIt must be earned in game, as I believe this will broaden the story. Slayers can only become riders if they bond with a dragon they are hunting, and hopefully it's with an actual dragon that is being played.  This is why I am waiting a bit longer for interest, to make sure we have enough player ratio. This also shouldn't be an easy task mind you!

Good to know ;D I'll start drumming up some ideas for my character and keep an eye on this thread!

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AngelicBlade

Thanks for reserving a spot for me. I'll make a character as soon as the Charater thread is up, or if you need me to post in here in the interest check.

bubby

Name:
Appearance: (If you char is a dragon and has a human form, post a pic for both characters, as well as appearance stats for both)
History:
Personality:
Strengths&Weaknesses: (Please do not god-mode strengths, and each char must have at least one weakness or weak point upon the body if in dragon form. I do not expect characters to be killed, but injured occasionally brings more depth to story)

Heart = (elixir)Regeneration/lengthened life. Cures diseases. Must not be taken too much, or will speed up aging process too quickly and human will die before their time.

Blood = (elixir)Strength/stamina. A couple drops gives stamina, more builds actual muscle. Again, too much ='s bad.

Bones = (elixir)Love potions, sexual stamina

Claws & Teeth = (slayers)Arrow/spearheads, knives

Scales = (elixir)Beauty (slayers) Armor

Ok. Above is the character template to use. Go ahead and post your characters here when you have them, and we can move them later if needed. There is also an idea of what dragon parst will be sought to make certain elixirs and/or defensive tools

Drakan

Lol As always I'm late for the party, but i make it none the less.  You thought you could escape me Bubby harhar ehehehehe.  Anycase count me in.

Wyrd

Count me in too! :) I'll try to drop in my Bio this week. I'm still trying to decide If I want to make a Slayer, king or a sorcerer. I'm going for an pure evil typr character
Ragtime Dandies!

PeacethatPowerbrings

So, so interested. Here is my character concept.

Name: Wotan Lokk (Known as Lokk)
Type of Character: Dragon - Black
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

History: Born to a rather territorial mated pair of dragons in what was essentially a scorched wasteland, Lokk lost his parents when human mining settlements encroached on their territory and summoned slayers when the dragons attempted to drive them out. Ultimately, both his parents were killed. Lokk remained in his lair, and avoided the humans until he believed himself strong enough. In an attempt to reassert his parents' territory he razed three mining villages. Unlike his parents however, he tends not to remain in an attack, preferring to avoid closing the distance, or remaining long enough for humans to raise a defense. Instead, he tends to make life nearby his lair unlivable. Unfortunately, nearby is a relative term, because although he makes his home quite high in the mountains, he treats everything he notices on his trips outside his lair as 'nearby'. He is also inherited a desire to hoard riches from his parents, though his treasure grows slowly, thanks to his preference for short, intense attacks.

Personality: Lokk is a brute, though not at all stupid for it. He tends to attack out of a sense of his familial territory, and loves anything of value, though he only recognizes value as rarity, precious metals, or powerful objects.

Strengths & Weaknesses:

Lokk is a powerful dragon, possessed of dark armored scales, and powerful magic. His magic, and strength are all turned to destructive purposes, augmenting or changing his fire. His strength is in direct attack, and especially in close combat (despite his general aversion for engaging with humans in this way).

Lokk's greatest weaknesses follow his strengths. He is large, and not particularly fast when not making a attack pass (speed here attributed to a dive into the pass). Furthermore, his wings, uncovered by scales, can be harmed by any kind of conventional weapon (of sufficient size to make an impact), as his hide is not particularly tough where unarmored. He also heals very slowly, which means that injuries, like those to his wings can make him vulnerable for a long time afterward.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Kaiten

That is one big dragon... (By the way, didn't reply before, but I have changed my verdict to interested due to your reply ^^)

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Fuu Liangham (human name; Liam)
Type of Character: Dragon (able take human form with green hair and green eyes)
Appearance:
History: Fuu Liangham is a wind dragon, a very rare subspecies of dragon who are fastest of fliers from all dragons. They do not fly with wings but with aid of wind magic which comes naturally to them. So they fly by magic and also they are unmatched in agility and aerial acrobatics. Fuu Liangham lost his parents early in his life, group of slayers came to slay his parents who resided in world's tallest mountain. None his parents had harmed no one expect flying occasion high in the skies and go drink water from pond. Wind dragons themselves are vegetarians and so they eat anything green plant life (their favorite is crunchy bamboo). Reason for slayers to come was just get super rare parts from his parents to make elixirs?! As it's said the blood of the wind dragon cures any ailments and makes person loose massive weight (super diet drink). Also scales when powdered gives ability to fly like a wind dragon for short time.

Fuu Liangham fled while parents fought, a week later he returned....not find any remains of his parents nor their centuries collected art what they had picked up when humans decades ago gave offerings to dragons or what they purchased while disguised as humans. Only what he found.....was strong smell of blood and carnage but besides massive bloodstains nothing remained. Fuu Liangham grew bitter but not vengeful, he grew bitter for being dragon and so he descended down from skies and took human form. Started travel and live as nameless human wanderer who tried get by in his life. He became infamous apple thief in one village and in next he stole garlic and pumpkins to survive by.
Personality: Fuu Liangham is spirited teenager (in dragon age terms). He had lived alone most of his life. As small child he got by stealing food, vegetables, in human form. He do misses crunchy bamboo treats from near his home but he is settled on living off as human. As living as dragon only brings slayers which he dreads for his life but also resents them to his core for being cold blooded murderers. He tries live positively while he can but he carries deep burden of sadness in his heart from loss of his parents and altough he could argue with someone being fine living off by himself....but truth said he feels lonely more than often to wish company whom to open to and talk to. He misses to have family. He has never learned how to fight nor he desires to.
Strengths&Weaknesses:

Human: Liam is slightly tougher and stronger than average human (but there are tougher and stronger humans around than him) but his key aspect is speed. He reacts with supernatural speed and reflex to things and he has very sharp senses in human form. Also in human form he can perform incredible long leaps, partially aided by passive wind magic which is each wind dragon's heritage. Also any injuries in human form heal slow rate.

Dragon:

Strenght: Fuu Liangham is fastest dragon there is plainly said. His speed and reflexes while in air or ground are unmatched by any dragon. Only dragon who could be faster would be another wind dragon who is adult or older. Altough fragile, Fuu Liangham can recover fairly fast from injuries (expect in human form).

He has never used his breath weapon but he has it, he had never got reason to use it. His breath weapon is plainly said a cone shaped powerful wind attack which can knock down even dragon off the sky and give nasty bruise. Humans case they can fly far distances and ruin houses and buildings. Also sounds he made as wind dragon carry very far and can be so sharp it's painful for human ear to hear them up close.

Weaknesses: Fuu Liangham is more fragile and weaker than other dragons. Because of his bone structure he can be more easily harmed with crushing weapons or break his limbs. Also he is physically weaker; he may not able to break nets or chains like most dragons would. Small group of humans can literally tackle him over and pin down. Also his scales have fluid and hard surface but they are thin also. His scales can more easily penetrated with farmer with pitchfork.

bubby

*Squees at Peace and waves!* Welcome, and thanks for wanting to join! The char looks great.

Zaer, yours looks great too, but for the fact I see no weakness. Being ' the weakest dragon in strength' doesn't really count. I need you to come up with a specific weakness please. Check out Peace's char sheet for an example.

Quote from: Drakan on May 09, 2011, 04:46:20 PM
Lol As always I'm late for the party, but i make it none the less.  You thought you could escape me Bubby harhar ehehehehe.  Anycase count me in.

Damn straight I can!

Quote from: Wyrd on May 09, 2011, 10:07:14 PM
Count me in too! :) I'll try to drop in my Bio this week. I'm still trying to decide If I want to make a Slayer, king or a sorcerer. I'm going for an pure evil typr character

Yay! Welcome to my party! At this point, I would prefer if you chose either a Royal or a sorcerer? Evil is perfectly fine of course. We seem to have plenty of dragons and slayers to round that part of the story out ( I know they're the awesomest!)

Quote from: Kaiten on May 09, 2011, 10:42:21 PM
That is one big dragon... (By the way, didn't reply before, but I have changed my verdict to interested due to your reply ^^)

I'm happy you changed your mind! Not sure if you've chosen what you want to play yet, but as I stated above, we need royalty and sorcerers more then slayers and dragons at this point. Could you do that possibly?

ALSO AN IMPORTANT NOTE We need females! At this point there is only me and HOPEFULLY *eyes ofDelusions* one other, and she will be dragon too if she joins. If any of you know of any ladies willing to play either Royalty or sorceress let them know about this game!

ofDelusions

I will join. I am just having hard time to decide which character to make  :D

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: bubby on May 10, 2011, 03:01:33 AM
Zaer, yours looks great too, but for the fact I see no weakness. Being ' the weakest dragon in strength' doesn't really count. I need you to come up with a specific weakness please. Check out Peace's char sheet for an example.

Ok, edited my charsheet. Is it okay now?

ofDelusions

Name: Sariarda
Type of Character: Red dragon
Appearance:

History: Third largest wyrmling in her nest of dozen eggs, had advantage over most of siblings when it came to fighting for her share of the food, but she was never strong enough to totally lord it over the rest, and she often had to defer to her bigger bothers and sometimes even submit to their whims. Their mother encouraged this infigthing, trusting it to root out her weaker offspring. Sariarda knew that she was strong enough to survive even without being the topdog, but the bullying the other big ones performed irked her, even if she wasn't usually the target. She also knew that she wasn't strong enough to put stop it alone so she started conspiring against them instead. For years she made deals with many of the weaker ones while inciting rivalry between the strong, letting them weaken each other until she and many of the younger ones where able to destroy them one by one.

Their mother was intrigued by this turn of events. She had expected brute strenght to rule in her nest not cunning. Still, letting the weak survive at the expense of the strong went against her wishes and so she drove Sariarda (who was now old enough to survive by herself anyway) away. After that Sariarda has been wandering the land, eating deer and occasional cattle (and a slayer once). She plans on establishing her own hoard and lair soon but she knows she is not strong enough yet. A decade ago she had a battle with the slayer mention above that left her blind in her left eye.

Personality: Like most of her kind, Sariarda is arrogant, but unlike most she is not evil nor does she enjoy tormenting her lessers. She is vengeful though, and can sometimes go for great lengths to have revenge for slight against her or those she might consider friends.

Strengths&Weaknesses: Sariarda is above avarage size for her age and is physically as strong as many of the dragons that are older than her (particularly those of other colors). She is also avarage sorcerer. She usually prefers to attack others with her fiery breath and only engage in close combat once foe is weakened or is clearly weaker than her. She is no coward though, and she has only been cautious in battle after she lost her eye. She prefers to use her magic for defensive spells.

She is extremly proud of her cunning, even if she lacks the experience and brilliant political skills of the older dragons. She is also arrogant enough to believe that she can fool almost everyone else.

Her two greatest weaknesses are her above mentioned arrogance and her blind left eye (also mentioned above). The latter weakness is clear in her dragon form thanks to scar that goes over the eye, but in her human form the eye appears normal, even if it is still blind.

Dragondancer

Mmmm, dragons....another intriguing story idea from the ever-lovely Bubby!

*ponders if she can squeeze another game in*  Well, not sure if I can, but if so, I see all the dragons & slayers are spoken for, so perhaps a princess sorceress with a secret, hmmm...   

Kaiten

Quote from: bubby on May 10, 2011, 03:01:33 AM

I'm happy you changed your mind! Not sure if you've chosen what you want to play yet, but as I stated above, we need royalty and sorcerers more then slayers and dragons at this point. Could you do that possibly?

What if I made a dragon, who rebelled, used to slay his own kind for riches, took over a small kingdom and is now royalty? Or something of the like? Sounds silly, but I could pull off a serious bio like that.

ofDelusions

Quote from: Kaiten on May 10, 2011, 11:35:05 AM
What if I made a dragon, who rebelled, used to slay his own kind for riches, took over a small kingdom and is now royalty? Or something of the like? Sounds silly, but I could pull off a serious bio like that.

Shouldn't he be a sorcerer too then?  :D

Kaiten

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kaiten on May 10, 2011, 12:02:00 PM
Don't tempt me  ;)

Well, not neccesary sorcerer. As my char can take humanoid form and he does not know how cast fireball ;). But sorcery would be nice addition to king. Make business also with his scaled kind by making elixirs.

Insatiably Bored

any chance you have room left for another Dragon?
O&O: Updated 9/27/11

A&A: UPDATED 9/28/11 Official Day of eternal departure from E

AndyZ

Working on a blue frost dragon but the muse hasn't sat in my lap yet.

Insatiably, this only got put down yesterday.  There's all kinds of room.  Hop in!
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Kaiten

I actually was asking a viable question, not making fun :P

bubby

Ok gang! OMG this is awesome all the interest everyone is showing!

@Zaer, your fix is perfect, thank you.

@Dragondancer: OMG you KNOW you are more then welcome! We need more women anyway, and if you'd like to play Royalty and/or Sorceress you're more then welcome!

@Kaiten: I want to keep humans as humans. It is why they need/want the elixirs. Having a mix breed makes the need of dragon parts redundant. If you want to be a Royal or sorcerer no problem, maybe even mix those two, burt no dragon heritage.

So here's the list so far:

Dragons:
Me, Peace thatPowerbrings, Zaer, ofDelusions, AndyZ

Slayers
Drakan, and Urbanzorro

Royalty/Sorcerer
Inflateress*Princess*, Techn0logic*King*(?),Dragondancer*Sorceress*(?)

I need to make this game even I'm thinking. SO...1 more dragon, 4 more slayers, and an evening out of the Royalty and Sorcerers. I am shooting for having an OOC with opening page up by this weekend, complete with pics and names of places for our 'world' and such. I'll try to do all this in a timely manner I swear!

SOMEONE NEEDS TO PM ME THE CODE ON HOW TO MAKE THAT NIFTY ' SPOILER/SHOW/HIDE' THINGY!!!!

inflatetress

Here is your naughty/mean Princess, hungry for dead dragons!

Name: Princess Elsa
Type of Character: Royal, Princess
Appearance:

outfit
http://lingeriessentials.com/viewitem.php?productid=2

shoes
http://seductionextreme.com/Catalog.asp?PC=PL-XTC842/B

She also has white thigh-high stockings and a dagger tucked into them.

History: Princess is Elsa is the wicked seed of an otherwise kind and honorable noble family.  She feels her father the King is too benevolent and is excited to inherit the crown so that she can rule with more of an iron fist.  Princess Elsa has long considered Dragons a serious threat and horrid beasts that need to be destroyed, she sees them as a threat to her kingdom but also seeks to collect their parts so that her royal Sorcerers can brew new and exciting potions for her.

Personality: Elsa is spoiled, and cruel at heart.  However, she is very good at being charming and seductive and has the ability to hide her true self quite well.

Strengths&Weaknesses: Despite her ability to disguise her true feelings most of the time, Elsa is over all quite a bimbo.  Her bigoted hatred of almost everyone else also puts her in a position of underestimating those that could cause her serious harm.  Her biggest strength is the large amounts of man power she has access to.

Kaiten

Oh I didn't mean heritage. I meant perhaps a slayer who is possibly a dragon. Cause you know you make more money that way if you can sell all the stuff you get, rather than have to use a portion of your loot on yourself. I liken it to a person who would sell out his own family for money.

Insatiably Bored

well, if no else has already, would you mind if I go ahead and call dibs on that last placement for a dragon character?

AngelicBlade

Name: Volenok Gushakith

Type of Character: Slayer

Appearance:
Volenok without his heavy armor and weapons.

History: Volenok was born in a barbarian camp some where in a scorched forest, his father was the chief of the clan while his mother was a captured noble being held for ransom by the babarians. Three weeks  after his birth the barbarian camp with slaughtered by the noble's father and his men. The young noble woman's father was outraged when he discovered his daughter was no longer a virgin and had the bastard child of some savage and ordered her to throw him off the wall. The daughter refused, even though Volenok was a bastard child of a barbarian she still loved him. The noble woman's father gaven after a while and let the boy stay with the servents. As Volenok grew he started to work out and hone his skills as a warrior so that his granfather would accept him. At the age of seven Volenok start to train with a knight of the kingdom who saw potential in the boy. The knight asked the noble igf Volenok could travel and train with him. Volenok's grandfather agreed and Volenok packed a few cloths and was given a cloak for when he grew. Volenok said his goodbyes too his mother and set off with the knight. As Volenok grew he was put threw harder tasks and more brutal training. At the age of fourteen Volenok was left in the wilds for a week to learn survival skills. After a week had pasted the knight returned to find Volenok wearing wolf skins to keep warm and had a make shift and arrows. The knight was pleased and decieded to offically make Volenok his squire. At the age of nineteen Volenok was knighted and he was sent to aid the knight that had trained him for so long. When Volenok arrived at the village he was suppost to meet the kngiht he only saw smoke an rubble. He found the knight laying face down in a puddle of blood and a dragon's claw sticking out of his back. Volenok swore to slay every last dragon to avenge the man he saw as a father. At the age of twenty he slew his first dragon and had it's scales made into armor and weapons fro him. Volenok slew another dragon at the age of twenty five. He cut the eyes from it's head and had them put into his armor. He came upon another village  the was under attack by a red dragon. He killed that dragon and cut the horns from it and put them on his helm as a trophey then used it's teeth and claws to decorate his shield and armor. Volenok helped a mage from a group of bandits. In return she imbued his sword with lightning so he could better protect himself and others. Now at the age of twenty eight Volenok hunts for a silver dragon so he can call himself the greatest slayer in the world.

Personality: Volenok is accually a kind hearted person and helps any and everyone he can. He has a deep hatered fro dragons because he thinks they kill the man he saw as a father and loved as one. He roams the land searching for signs of a silver dragon or sightings of one. He usually  doesn't do anything a noble or king asks but lately he has started going to them in hopes of being payed to kill a powerful dragon. Volenok is starting to become depressed with the live he has and when he fights he hopes that one may kill him.

Strengths&Weaknesses: He has no resistance to magic what so ever and it's very effective against him. He is also pretty slow because of the massive armor he wears. He had his sword imbued with lightning magic to give it extra damage when fighting.

AngelicBlade

I'm going to have him change from hating dragons to accually liking them. I hope I'll be able to explain in the RP.

Wyrd

Name:Jakob Sundagger
Type of Character:Dragon Slayer
Appearance:

Jakob with Armour

History: Jakob is the first and only son of the mysterious Eliza Moonsorrow, a Dragon rider that watched over the far northern settlements. Jakob grew up without ever knowing his father, his mother telling him he died before his birth. instead, he looked up to a man by the name of Mikkle Sundagger, a war hero from one of the near by Northmen villages. His mother told young Jakob to stay away from him and the other settlers, but with her always away with her dragon,(Whom Jakob saw even less then his mother) it was very easy to sneak off to learn the ways of the north from Mikkle. Mikkle took the young Jakob under his wing, teatching him how to hunt, how to fight with a sword and with his hands, how to fish and to cook his food and even the beliefs and ideology of the northerners. Mikkle told him many stories of the Dragons as well, tales passed down by generations of the terrible deeds done by the beasts to the peaceful people of the north. These unspeakable stories would leave the young Jakob somewhat traumatized and questioning whats right and wrong, and whether he could trust his mother.

On one chilly spring evening while out fishing with Mikkle, Eliza flew down with fury at what she saw and concluded that Mikkle must be conspiring against her. A heated argument between the three broke out and out of confusion and misunderstanding, Eliza's Dragon, Liara,  killed Mikkle with her blazing breath. In Jakob's blind rage and turmoil, he caught his mother off guard and ran Mikkle's dropped sword straight through the Dragons heart, killing the beast and coating the blade in emerald blood. As the dragon fell to the ground in a heap, Eliza was thrown off it's back and broke her neck when she hit the side of a tree. Jakob felt no sadness for the death of his mother, only the realization of truth in Mikkle's stories and teachings. After giving his mentor and only father figure a burial, he used the knowledge given to him to strip the dead she-dragon of her skin and limbs, claws, teeth and horns to construct some sort of armor and a small boat. He never thought he would have it in him to rip apart his mother's dragon for building material,  he only felt need to spread the teachings of the north to all those who would listen and to do what he could against the dragon and dragon rider scourge. And so, without any word to anyone about what had transpired, he took as much equipment from his and his mother's settlement as he could and road the rivers towards the south, in search of some sort of meaning to his life, he cared little for his past life as Jakob Moonsorrow, son of Eliza Moonsorrow, no, he was now Jakob Sundagger, son of the great Mikkle Sundagger.         

PersonalityJakob may bare the appearance of some noble hero for all but he is actually very indifferent to others for fear of losing anybody that gets close to him like he did when Mikkle was taken from this earth. He has been know at times to be contracted by nobles and royalty to hunt criminals.

Jakob is very loyal to the kings and queens of the land. For he believes most of them share his view on dragons and people who stand by them. But he is no way evil, but he is misguided.

Everyday Jakob fights and kills a dragon his overall sanity spills like the blood of the beasts he slays. He wants to to good by passing on the stories of dragons corruption, but a strange lust for blood rather then peace always finds its way into the troubled mind of the slayer.     

Strengths&Weaknesses: When the blood of Eliza's dragon drenched the blade of Mikkle's sword, it infused it with part of it's very being, making the bade able to pierce the scales of any dragon and in some cases poison their blood. His armor is much stronger and lighter then that of normal plate, but is not as strong as a living dragon's scales.

Jakob may seem like he would have no chance one on one with a dragon, but during his times with Mikkle he was told where and how to strike a dragon to gain the upper hand, and even ways he could use his small size to confuse and out maneuver one of the beasts. Jakob is a professional and one of the most employed slayers in the land.

Jakob is an amazing spear fighter, often choosing his spear over his emerald blade in the heat of battle. He finds it's much more effective to keep some distance between him and his enemy, especially dragons. his spear and shield skills are famous in the land 

A few years ago while hunting beasts near the western coast, he was very badly injured in his right knee. Jakob now walks with a slight limp but still tries his best to be strong and never show it. 
Ragtime Dandies!

Wyrd

AngelicBlade. I didn't notice your guy when I made mine. They seem similar is some aspects, so if you want me to change some things about my Char let me know. Or, if you're interested, maybe we could work something out for in game with our Characters. 
Ragtime Dandies!

bubby

Thanks for all the prompst on the Spolier thingy guys.

@AngelicBlade: The character looks great!   However, you have no weakness that I see. MUST have a weakness!

@Inasatiably Bored: Ok. You get the last Dragon. Congrats!

@Kaitan: Ok. Though I need 1 more Slayer, the only way I'd accept your slayer being dragon, would be if he was never in that form. If he had maybe foresworn his true nature? Could add to the story for sure. That work?

@Wyrd: Holy crap...... yummy

For everyone else who wants to play and hasn't chosen a character, I need Royalty and Sorcerers!

AngelicBlade

Ah, I suppose my weakness isn't that obvisuos in the character sheet. I shall change it. Though it was origonally the fact he'd do anything to save a human even let someone kill him. So I'll change it to something better.

AngelicBlade

And your character has a good backround. I think it's really good. You should keep it and maybe we can interact in the roleplay and exchange a few stories. Only if you want to of course.

Kaiten

Quote from: bubby on May 10, 2011, 04:18:22 PM
@Kaitan: Ok. Though I need 1 more Slayer, the only way I'd accept your slayer being dragon, would be if he was never in that form. If he had maybe foresworn his true nature? Could add to the story for sure. That work?

I had indeed planned that! ^^ But I had devised that it was more like, he'd keep it only if he needed to really use it and had no choice. Like Human 99% of the time, and 1% dragon. Cause obviously it's in his best intrests in the human community where he interacts that he stay human, but it's still an option if he had no other choice in combat.

bubby

Ok Kaitan, you are my last slayer then. BAM. So dubbed.

Kaiten

Kaiten XD

*Bows* Then I shall destroy for the good of my coffers!

bubby

*Puts her glasses on and peers at his name* ah yes...KaitEn...apologies. I'm an old lady and I just got off work. I R wore out.

......oh....been using an 'a' the whole time....SORREH...I still hold by the old lady part!  :-\

Kaiten

Heh heh. It's no problem. It's just that that particular change in the name can mean "Return to the grope" which is a bit...

I'll work on my Bio  :-)

bubby

*Chuckles* gotchya...wow...I need to work on my bio too. *head off to look for pics before bed*

Kaiten

Name: Azaremonten, or Azare (Ah-ze-rE) Stain of the Sky
Age: 1300s-1400s, Unsure, stopped caring. Appears Late 20s early 30s most of the time as a human.
Type of Character: Dragon Slayer, though is still actually an Obsidian Dragon
Appearance:
History:
To those who know of him, Azare is considered an acceptable slayer, that has lived an extended life, due to the consumption of a myriad of dragon hearts while somehow foregoing the obvious consequences of such things. Of course, that is the story to hide his true nature. Behind the facade of an experienced and long lived Dragon Slayer is secretly aged obsidian dragon.

As it was, Azare grew up completely alone in the belly of an active volcano. Not knowing who spawned him or why was of little consequence, and he often remarks that his mother was the volcano. The only thing he could rely on was himself and his ability to survive. So survive he did. He started off at rock bottom, hunting rats and small lizards that ran his way, till he was strong and large enough to take down wild beasts and eventually prey upon livestock. He became a formidable fighter of humans, but it wasn't till the day that he first tasted human blood and looted their riches did he find his calling. And with that, he raped and pillaged non-stop, stealing all the treasures and decimating areas to feed his lusts. It was of course not enough for him, and so he moved onto a large target; his own kind.

Looting his kind turned out to be dangerous, and his first sortie ended up with him flying, with barely two wings, away from a rather large nest of dragons. Unable to have an effective fire breath, he resorted to learning to be quite deadly with close range attacking. He soon gained notoriety, finding that stealing the riches from another dragon's horde was much more effective and soon gained a passion for it. Though... there was still not enough, there was never enough... until he found the perfect fit. Before, he would only harvest the meat of his kind for sustenance, not caring about cannibalizing his own kind. It soon became apparent to him though that the parts he didn't need were worth quite a lot to humans. And of course, since he wouldn't need to take trophies of the dragon's bodies, then he could make more than most slayers for every kill he made. It seemed like quite a lucrative idea and perfect to fill his horde.

Though it was just as risky as before and of course hard to adapt to, he effectively became a dragon slayer and assumed the role of a human. Forsaking his dragon side, he stayed in his human form, only changing to his dragon form in the most dire of circumstances, relying on good old fashion human weapons combined with his natural strength, in order to make sure none would know his secret and end business.

Personality: Incredibly opportunistic and ruthless, taking whatever opportunity and advantage that he can have, especially in a fight. Shameless, acting to his own ideals and not caring about personal honor. Is not above hunting, killing, or eating his own kind. Keeps a rather calm attitude, verging on arrogance.

Strengths&Weaknesses:
Strengths:
Dragon Strength - His dragon strength pours into his human form, allowing him to wield weapons that are usually unwieldy for humans and use them incredibly fast. It also allows him to augment his running and jumping abilities.
Tracker - Years of hunting as slayers has allowed him to track quite well.
Incredibly Sharp - Being an obsidian dragon makes his claws and spines extremely sharp and powerful.
Dirty Lightning - Having a rather volcanic body though an inability to breath fire has been a problem. But through practice, his volcanic breath can be charged into a dirty lightning blast, which though hard to adapt to his human form, became a useful weapon when he finally did.
Weaknesses:
Glass Cannon - Though strong, his obsidian nature has created a rather interesting nature, due to his brittleness. Though his fights are usually won with quick and powerful moves, any fight with multiple enemies or an extended fight with one or more opponents can bring him to a huge disadvantage... and quickly.
Cold - Something as simple as a cold his a huge factor for him. Though his volcanic nature keeps him quite warm, enough cold slows him down and effects his abilities; as his body uses more energy keeping him warm rather than fueling his powers.
Greed - Greed is possibly Azare's largest weakness, even stopping to pick up a single bit of money. Greed causes him to do plenty of things that others would see as shameful and in certain situations, go headlong into situations.
Notorious Identity -  Being hated in his dragon identity has cemented his reason to keep it secret. Wanting to keep his business flowing, he continually stays in human form, unless the need truly calls for it.

Urbanzorro

Name: Syrio Atradies
Type of Character: Slayer
Appearance:

History:
Some boys are born to be good, to lead others, and to better the world around them. These are the boys who grow to be men who have songs written about them. Who's lives are valued by everyone they meet, and who's passing is wept for by a thousand different eyes. Syrio Atradies was not one of these boys..... No he was a different kind of boy indeed, he was born with a talent for destruction, and a keen joy in causing it.  As he grew into manhood Syrio never lost his taste for destruction, violence, and chaos. In fact scenes of him tormenting another creature, and even destroying his brothers' possessions. Were rather common place.

As the fourth son of a noble lord Syrio knew from a young age that his inheritance would be small and inconsequential, assuming he got any at all. And so it was no real surprise that he seemed bound and determined to make his own reputation for himself. While his eldest two brother's learned to lead their father's lands, and his 3rd eldest brother became a priest. Syrio chose the path of the knight. He studied with every weapon he could, under every sword, bow, and spear master his father could hire. By the age of 19  he was ready to fight in any battle that his father would need him to.

As the next years past Syrio's life was a blur of battle after battle interspersed with the drudgery of everyday life. Whether he was putting down a peasant revolt, stopping the advance of a rival lord's forces into his father's lands, or simply 'accidentally' taking a tournament fight too far. Syrio always seemed to enjoy himself most when he was in battle. It was as if the man had found his perfect vice.

But as with all things of this nature eventually the rush Syrio felt began to dull, and dim, and all but disappear. Charging into a mob of fleeing men with his fellow knights at his side simply did not bring forth the same joy it had in the man's chest. In short he was beginning to grow bored. It was then that he set his eyes on bigger prey and began to hunt dragons.

Over the past few years he has managed to build up quite a reputation for himself. It is known far and wide that to hire Syrio Atradies is to almost guarantee that the beast you wish to see dead will die. But it is also known that you may not like the way that Syrio chooses to go about it or the price he demands. He has been known to do everything from using sending his employers' best warriors into a dragon's den as nothing more than bait, to burning entire fields and slaughtering herds simply to deprive his target of food and press it into desperate actions. 

Personality: Syrio is normally a reserved man, but he is quick to anger and has been known on may an occasion to start a fight rather than talk things out.

Strengths&Weaknesses: Strengths: Syrio is a master with almost every weapon a man can master, he is smart, and has a good mind for tactical and strategic level planning. Weaknesses: But he tends to be easily goaded at the thought of a challenge and can almost always be expected to bite off more than he should probably chew if he thinks it will be 'fun.'  He is also not very skilled in the ways of magic and prefers to simply rely on paying or strong arming others to provide what ever magics he needs.

Also...I kinda debated on using this image instead...any thoughts? ;)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

bubby

@Urbanzorro: First pic AWESOME! Second pic...meh...

@KaitEn: Love it!

SO. Dragon and Slayer slots are all filled. At this point, I have only 1 official Royal, maybe 2. I NEED FEMALES WILLING TO QUEEN IT UP, or even sorceress. It's a frikkin sausage fest in here! Not that I -really- mind...but still..  ::)

Urbanzorro

Quote from: bubby on May 11, 2011, 12:05:13 PM
@Urbanzorro: First pic AWESOME! Second pic...meh...

Lol I kinda figured that Vince Vaughn the Dragon Slayer was pushing realism  just a bit too much to be believable ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AngelicBlade

Ah, the first pic is pretty dang cool, I prefer it more than the second pic.

Insatiably Bored

Name:

Lysanderaithis , “Lysander”

400 years old

Type of Character:

Hide Carved White Dragon

Appearance:

History:

Lysander was born to Neron the White, and Luna’estrilia. The first a Savage White Wyrm from the north, the only good White Wyrm to date, and the second a kind hearted Silver.  Lysander’s clutch was laid just before the end of the Dragon’s Rule of the world came to an end, in a time where keeping the Bloodlines Pure was acceptable reason enough to kill unborn wyrmlings and any that stood in the way of the act. Lysander, never met his parents, instead he was raised by Opalilium, an Old Copper Dragoness, who told him all he wanted to know of his lost family, and the name of the one whom had taken them from him. Using that as incentive, Lysander studied under Opalilium’s rough regime. He was schooled heavily in magic, each spell, each enchantment was memorized so as to be able to call them up at a moment’s notice. Though Opalilium’s gifts didn’t stop there, as he hit young adulthood, she guided him along the path of becoming a Hide Carved Dragon. Infusing powerful wards into his very being, that as he grew, became less magic and more an extension of his being. as the years went by, he became more and more restless, the need of vengeance eating at him, till finally, Opalilium told him he was old enough to had a fighting chance. The two traveled to the court of Luna’estrilia’s family, Opalilium had never openly supported the coupling of Lysander’s parents, the largest reason being she disliked being around the upstarts of the ruling families. Though she had served Luna’estrilia’s family before, so she was able to gain an audience with the mastermind of Lysander’s troubles, it was only when the Adult White Wyrm stood before his grandfather that the Ancient Silver saw the threat, by then it was too late. By the time, any Kin could arrive, the deed was done, and the resurfacing of Lysander was heard of. With revenge found, he like his teacher left Dragon Lands, exiling himself to his own studies and lair. That is, till word of a Dragon trying to unite the scattered dragons finally found his ears.  Securing his lair, and putting a hold on his quest to find ascension, he moves to help Dragon kind as a whole.

Personality:

Lysander is a good soul, and does what he can to stand in the way of all that is corrupt, but knows that he can’t change the world, at least not on his own. that being said, he is still very much a White Dragon, and when he sets himself to destruction, he can do so with claw and magic. Though another trait alien to White Dragons, is his love of knowledge, be it lore, maps or spells. He has an unnatural hunger for the unknown and will go great lengths to obtain knowledge, as such, he is a living library of the past, having memorized tomes older than his cursed grandfather’s grandfather.

Strengths&Weaknesses:

Strengths:

Might and Magic: being of the Feral White Dragon stock, he has a talent for raw destruction, though his time spent with a certain trouble maker of a Copper Dragon, has given him far more tools for his trade.

Hide of Runes: Lysander’s frame is covered in bright orange and red runic markings, tattoos that were literally cut into his flesh. So far the Ruins grant him an extra Immunity (Fire) and allow his injuries to heal during a fight, though doing so drains his Stamina greatly. So he can only do so in short bursts. The act of carving into his scales has also caused them to grow thicker.

Of Frost and Poison : both of his parents where dragons of cold, and as such, he is naturally immune to its chilling touch, and instead of great gouts of flame, he breaths freezing ice. Though his mother did give him the gift of immunity to acid, a trait passed down through the bloodlines of all silvers.

Weaknesses:

Of the North: Lysander may be immune to the burning effect of heat, but he is not immune to its side effects. By nature he is a creature of the cold, and any exposure to high levels of heat can bog him down. Slowing him as his body fights to keep itself cool. Under such situations, he will forgo spell casting all together, as the heat clouds his mind preventing the words to stick together properly.

One Size to Small: Lysander grew up hearing the tales of his father’s greatness, how even in his death he was a being to be feared. He does not express it outwardly, but deep inside; he is always scheming to live up to his father’s abilities. He tries desperately, some time consciously, other times without him even picking up on it, to walk the same path as his father. As such, he is more likely to charge head long into a fight would he should hold back, or stay stuck in when falling back would be prudent. This is more so when he is fighting to protect something, be it a friend, or a innocent in need. This also means that he will forgo ranged magic at times to close to grips with a foe, even if doing so puts him at a disadvantage.

Not asked, Not Given: Being a Half White, Half Silver Dragon, leaves Lysander at odds with either side of the line. Metallic and other naturally good dragons find it hard to trust him, his frame clearly that of a savage White Dragon. While Chromatic and other dragons of a more malevolent nature also treat him as an outcast, for he is good himself, and of course the soft glimmer of silver lining his scales. Lysander is more than happy to return the sentiment of course. He finds himself more trusting of humans, than his fellow dragons. He has put his emotions aside for the betterment of their race as a whole, at least partly. He may dislike dragons, but he sees no logic in killing his own kind without provocation, so he is more than willing to help bring their kind back, to at least levels avoiding extinction.

AngelicBlade

Your pic doesn't show, I dunno if it's just my comp but I can't see your pic.

Insatiably Bored

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

PeacethatPowerbrings

It should work if you just put the link in, instead of embedding.

Insatiably Bored

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 11, 2011, 12:51:35 PM
Its still not working for me :(

weird cause I can see it...more than likely I will have to go and find another version of it. can anyone else see the pic?

bubby

Kaiten

It's because you hot-linked. A lotta sites don't like that cause you use their bandwidth. Upload the picture to image shack and post in there.

Insatiably Bored

Quote from: Kaiten on May 11, 2011, 01:19:53 PM
It's because you hot-linked. A lotta sites don't like that cause you use their bandwidth. Upload the picture to image shack and post in there.

awww, kk, well I did so, and here is hoping it works*fingers crossed*

Kaiten

bubby

Anishal Silveris
2000 years
Silver Dragon-Great Wyrm

History: She tore her way from her shell in a time that to be a dragon was to be Free. To take to the skies in utter delight, with nary a worry of being Hunted. It was a time where to be of her ilk was to be respected. To be loved for their beauty and grace, for their power and magic. To be worshiped. She was worshiped as a Goddess at one time. She was sought for her wisdom, for her strength in battle, both in her True form and in her human guise. Though she rarely took her human form then, it still was not to hide what she was. Her hair of shining platinum, her piercing eyes of mercury, her alabaster flesh  holding markings that in one light seemed naught but tribal tattooing, in the other shimmering etchings of silver, assuredly belied her true nature. She was a Queen at one time, being gifted by a sword capable of slaying Gods, sitting as consort to a Demon. She knew love, she knew hatred, she knew the deepest sorrow. She is True Silver, her lineage tracing back to nigh on the beginning of existence for her kind.

Personality For the most part she is quiet, subdued. She tends to study a situation calmly, choosing to view all sides of an issue before acting upon it. It is this trait that has made her wisdom so sought after in her past. Do not take this as her only side though. She is fierce in protecting what is hers, and will kill in the blink of an eye if needed, and without remorse. She tends to be motherly, perhaps due to the fact she has never had a clutch of her own, and has desired that above all else. 'Motherhood' equals no longer lonely.

Strengths: Her size, simply massive, is one strength. Dimensions: 300 feet from nose to tail tip, wings from tip to tip approx. 150 feet. Though this might make some think it cumbersome, it is not true in her case. She is quite wily. Being as old as she is the majority of her body is now one sleek silver scale, having fused harder over time, making projectiles pretty useless.  Her fire, when generated, is like napalm, not only clinging, but capable if nigh instant incineration. As dragon, being 'of' magic, magic doesn't work on her.

Weaknesses Though most of her hide is fused, under her wings the scales are still separate, right where they meet the body. If a massive spear were to be shot while in flight, at the right angle and speed, it could perhaps pierce her. (think Star Wars and the Death Star). Due to her penchant for flying, she could be caught unawares possibly. In human form, her skills as a warrior are said to be unmatched, yet her body still has the same basic weak point. As long as she's lived she tends to think herself invincible, therefor doesn't wear armor in battle. However, she rarely is seen in human form any longer. She doesn't trust humans, but she has a weakness for humanity as a whole. She remembers a time when human and dragon lived side by side in peace, and though she is very skilled at 'smelling' evil upon a human, she could perhaps be snowed by a good enough 'actor'. Her wish is to end the strife set upon her kind by humans now.

Kaiten

Ohhh, very nice... I can see a good conflict that could arise, considering the amount of resistance to her kinda thinking. :)

I'm such an ass, but I noticed judging by the size of the orcas she's only about 200 or so feet tall in the picture ><

bubby

You are an ass. Lol..SHUSH you. Couldn't find a pic that was nifty enough for her looks that also showed her true MAAAASIVE size.

Kaiten

I couldn't help it! I notice things!  ;D

Here's something interesting I noticed too. There are distinct Generations for the dragons

1 2000 year old

2 1300-1400 year olds

3 200-400 year olds

Of course there's still one unaccounted.

bubby

The generational gap like that works great I think. As for the unaccounted for, AndyZ says he'll maybe be a Royal instead. He's still deciding.

I however, have decided this. This weekend I'll try very hard to get at least the OOC page up, complete with territory pics, names, yadda. I really suck at that part so if any of you have ideas and pics PM them to me! I'll also have a basic outline of the story, and a rules/guidelines list. Being already involved in GMing a game I've found there are some things I MUST put my foot down on, as annoying as it is.Once I've made an OOC page I'll also make a separate Character page as well and you can transfer your bios there.

Waiting a bit gives to get the OOC done gives people a chance to perhaps try for the empty character slots, as well as give those who haven't posted their char bios yet a chance to. But if nothing happens by say..Monday, I'll work on opening the game. We can always NPC Royals and sorcerers if need be, though having real chars would be so much more interesting!

Insatiably Bored

Quote from: Kaiten on May 11, 2011, 02:11:25 PM
I couldn't help it! I notice things!  ;D

Here's something interesting I noticed too. There are distinct Generations for the dragons

1 2000 year old

2 1300-1400 year olds

3 200-400 year olds

Of course there's still one unaccounted.

well just goes to show, people using different sources of information for setting up their characters.

I myself prefer the D&D 3.5 Dragons( it also seems that ofDelusions likes them as well, at least the reds)

Zaer's is Oriental in design.

While Peace's if I am remembering correctly, looks like its something from Guild Wars 2( though I have to say it looks like a D&D black, other than the spikes for scales).

Kaiten's design I've never seen before, but it sticks close to the old style of flame and brimstone.

and then there is Bubby's, now I have seen that design around for a long time( back when I started to really get interested with dragons). I don't know the artist, or the setting (if it has one).

though with all the different sources, this should add some nice flavor to the game ^^.

bubby

*Put actual dimensions in her bio :P* I like the fact that different aspects are in this RP. I personally don't like clinging to generalized ideas of characters. Tends to box things too much in my opinion.

Drakan

Name: Drakan, simply Drakan
Type of Character: Human/Slayer

History:
Drakan has a very limited history.  Whatever past knowledge of him existed is now burn and shredded returning to the earth from whence it came.  Drakan’s village was a small, almost non-existent piece of land where life continued to flourish.  Unfortunately, with the constant raids of feral dragons, the idea of prosperity came to those who were willing to spill blood in order to obtain it, be it dragon or their own.  Thus the village made sure that their children and children’s children were adept in art of slaying feral dragons.  Some would pass the tests required of them, while others failed and died.  Drakan passed his test.

When all seemed well in the village, a blood red sun would rise above horizon marking the end of the village.  With the sun came a massive host of feral dragons whom had organized to migrate to different territories, shredding everything in its path.  Drakan had been on errands returning with necessities and foods to feed the village when this had occurred.  When he returned, he found a village pillaged and razed but by no army. Everyone was dead, his family, his friends, leaving him drowned in anger and bent on revenge on finding every single feral dragon that had done this.   Because it was a migrant fleet of them, no doubt they would be scattered across the land in different lands.  He would hunt every last one of them, and any that would get in his way.  It was his only purpose now, but knowing that this would take time and money he took up the practice of hunting dragons for medicinal use.  If you’re lucky you can find him known as “The Dragon Bleeder.”

Personality: When business is on the line Drakan is very professional, never let his emotions overrule his means of obtaining work.  Anything involving dragons always catches his interests, especially if they are of the feral breed.  Otherwise he’s normally quite amongst other humans, especially slayers since they are clearly competition in the way of his revenge.  Dragons he despises with the utmost passion.

Strengths and Weakness
:  Drakan may not be the strongest of slayers but he certainly one of the fatest and most agile of sorts.  He is capable of parrying and dodging attacks that come at him, unless of course you can be faster than him.  Also because he has nothing to lose since everything that was him is dead, he lacks no fear or means to intimidate him.  However speed and agility comes at a cost especially if your human fighting a dragon.  His body though well built cannot handle multiple blows, also if he overdoes himself during the start of the fight, he can tire out quickly.

Kaiten

Yeah, I always try to make something as non-conformed as possible along with old and new ideas. The picture actually came from an original Japanese style drawing. A  girl with twin tails summoning a huge dragon. I cut her out for obvious reason, heh heh.

But I like this, it makes Anishal seem like a grand mother :P

Wyrd

Haha! I think we've become a little overstocked on manly Dragon slayers. :P
Ragtime Dandies!

Kaiten

They are certainty not subtle. But then again you'd have to be pretty strong. I mean come on, many of these dragons have enough brute strength to foil most traps.

Wyrd

I mean I thought we were now on the hunt for some kings, queens and sorcerers right now.
Ragtime Dandies!

bubby

We are. It's a sausage fest in here! Much as I LLOOOVVVEEE sausage, rawr..  >:) we need some female characters...even if this means one of you maybe being willing to play a Queen or Sorceress? I'm off to work now kids...play nice!

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Freia, real name unknown (known as the Grey Witch, or Dark Lady)
Age: Appears to be in her early twenties, actual age unknown.
Type of Character: Sorceress
Appearance:
History: Freia is part of a tradition of inherited power, far from more rigorous procedures of master apprentice teaching. Her powers are familial, and were taught to her by her mother. Although her appearance isn't always reported as even similar to the one she now has, her names, and the myths that tend to crop up around a sorceress from far outside any major human centers, are well known.

Freia came to the cities in search of wealth. She hoards, like some dragons, though she cares less for gold and jewels than she does for the strange and powerful relics of the world. She tends to stay in one place or another, at the cost of her clients, the rich and royal. She purchases ingredients from slayers, and makes elixirs. Word of her plying her trade to the wealthy arose around the time that slayers, and elixirs began to receive great demand, and although that would make her as old as the dragons, the common theory is that her name, like her trade, is an inheritance.

Personality: As a mystic and something of a trickster, she tends to amuse herself by being intentionally cryptic. Her bargains tend to be straightforward, however, money for goods, goods for money, though in other situations, where her other skills are sought out, her bargains can be more complicated, and often dangerous. She is clearly well aware of her power, and her weaknesses, and so, tends to fear almost nothing, believing herself perfectly capable of knowing when she is superior, and when she must retreat.

Strengths & Weaknesses:

Knowledge: Her greatest strength is her knowledge. Her ability to recall every detail of the vast number of ingredients and objects required for anything she needs to do is astounding, and so, she is vary rarely caught off-guard where magic is concerned.

Poison: Immune to almost all kinds of corruption and poison, Freia is a master of poisons, and her sharp nails are often more potentially deadly than her blades, or magic.

Mystic: Capable of great power, Freia's abilities are mystic, tending to trick the mind, with illusion, or ensnaring weaker minds with visions of riches, that usually lead to a long drop, and very abrupt halt. Her voice can be one of the more potent methods of controlling others, and her words almost always trick the foolish, and confuse the wise.

Relics: Almost everything on her person is in some way valuable, or dangerous. She carries a variety of blades, poisons, elixirs, and other objects. Stealing her possessions is almost always fatal, as poison is one of her favorite traps. Her blades are dragon-bone, and her clothing is made from the clothing of a great many powerful sorcerers, and sorceresses.

Physical Power: She has almost none. Not particularly sprightly or strong, she tends to be incapable of engaging in direct combat, or even effective running away from a faster pursuer. If caught, unarmed, she is quite easy to subdue, presuming that one can see past her other tricks.

Dragons: Since her magic is intended for humans, and is much older in origin than slayers, and the conflict between dragons and humans, it is mostly ineffectual against dragons. She tends to avoid dragons, and areas where they might be. Furthermore, her lack of martial skill leaves her reliant on slayers for the ingredients she needs.

Nooblet

Name: Lynduleon Honart

Type of Character: King

Appearance:

History: Leon was raised to respect others, and treat them with kindness. He was taught to be kind, and to rule his people fairly. Leon was always a quick study, retaining any information fed to him without any trouble. One thing that interested him greatly was dragons. His father encouraged Leon's research into dragons and provided anything Leon needed. Through his studies Leon learned to adore dragons, not to fear them. He learned dragons were not simple beasts that needed to be slain, but were individuals. Certainly there were some dragons who deserved slaying, same as humans. But the Slayers didn't make such a notice. They slew any and every dragon. Leon's father, not sharing the same sentiment towards dragons, never listened to Leon's ideals about them. Instead his father, albeit a kind man, paid many slayers and had plenty of elixirs concocted. Leon was fed these elixirs, not enough to harm him, but enough to enhance his body past the limit of a normal human. Leon's father had then begun to train Leon in the ways of war, intending to make Leon a grand hero against the dragons. As the years past, Leon's father drank one to many of his own elixirs, and abruptly died. Finding himself thrown into the position of king, Leon set about to settle the court and pave the way for a new future. Immediately he donned his family's armor, a lightweight set of armor made from dragonscales. The armor was said to have been a gift, from days when the dragons and humans coexisted, as was his weapon 'Dragon's Pride'. Leon wished for a world where once again Dragon and Man could coexist, so he set to work. He sent away his father's sorcerer, bringing in a friend of his whom he trusted greatly to take the position instead. He had the army trained to a higher degree, spending much of his coffers to outfit his troops with the best equipment. When he felt they were ready, he had a small detachment of them 'rebel' and flee into the wilderness. This detachment pretended to be dragon worshipers, and secretly plotted with Leon. Any slayer passing into Leon's realm was waylaid by these men, and in the end cut down by them. Leon, although saddened by having to kill, knew he was doing the right thing.

Personality: Leon is a kindhearted individual, usually preferring to talk his problems out rather than fight. Leon is no coward however, and is more than willing to lock blades with those who would destroy his dreams of peace.

Strengths:
Elixirs: Leon has partaken in enough Elixirs to give him enhanced life, strength, speed, and endurance, but not enough that would harm him.

Training: Leon has trained with many skilled warriors when his father meant him to be a hero. As such his combat prowess are quite well developed.

Equipment: Leon's equipment is of high quality, made from dragon scales and bones.

King: As king Leon has scores of loyal followers to call upon.

Information: Leon is able to retain information with eease, storing it away for later use.

Weaknesses:

Kindness: Leon is naturally kindhearted, and this is easily an exploitable flaw in him.

Deception: Because of his kindness, Leon likes to believe there is good in everyone, and can be deceived fairly easily.

Dragons: Leon has no combat experience against dragons, and as such has no way of countering an attack by one.

Magic: Leon has no magical knowledge, and is easily hurt by attacks of that nature.

Innocents: Leon will not abide the loss of innocent lives. He can easily be forced into something should someone have the right 'bait'.

Wasn't sure if I should use that pic, or this one:
You can never be to young to die, but you can be to old to live. Might as well enjoy life while you can.

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Nooblet

Thanks Wyrd  ;D
I quite like the sound of yours as well, and of course everyone else's  XD
You can never be to young to die, but you can be to old to live. Might as well enjoy life while you can.

Wyrd

Thank you. i know Jakob is gonna have some fun with those soldier's of yours. >:)
Ragtime Dandies!

Dragondancer

Woohoo, lookit the great cast of characters assembled!

Silver Dragon - bubby
Black Dragon - PeacethatPowerbrings
Wind Dragon/human - Zaer Darkwail
Red Dragon/human - ofDelusions
White Dragon - Insatiably Bored

Slayer - AngelicBlade
Slayer - Wyrd
Slayer/Obsidian Dragon - Kaiten
Slayer - Urbanzorro
Slayer - Drakan

Princess - inflatetress
King - Nooblet
Royal(?) - AndyZ

Sorceress - PeacethatPowerbrings

Somehow I was both too late and too early to the party to snag a dragon or slayer spot, LOL. But, as my long day at work today reminded me, I shouldn't be trying to fit in another group game anyway, *sigh*. But I sooooo wanna play! *pouts*  Well, Bubby...if I don't end up posting a character bio before your Monday deadline, y'all have a blast in here!!  *snugs* ;D

AndyZ

I really don't know what I'll make, although the idea of aiming towards a rider could be fun.  I have an old princess idea I can remanifest.  I was also thinking about blue frost dragon.

The thing that worries me is that I'm really iffy on PC killing unless I have to for game reasons.  And even then I've had several bad experiences of people getting seriously upset with me.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

bubby

Quote from: Dragondancer on May 11, 2011, 09:38:57 PM
Somehow I was both too late and too early to the party to snag a dragon or slayer spot, LOL. But, as my long day at work today reminded me, I shouldn't be trying to fit in another group game anyway, *sigh*. But I sooooo wanna play! *pouts*  Well, Bubby...if I don't end up posting a character bio before your Monday deadline, y'all have a blast in here!!  *snugs* ;D

And YOU sweet lady are awesome for simply making that list! And I TOTALLY hope you end up joining my new little party here, but if you can't I understand completely. Least I got you in Gladiator, muwaha! I know Drakan is liking it. *Eyes him*

@Nooblet: Love the char too! I see a potential of my char and yours coming to an understanding....maybe. Heh. AWESOME! Maybe, since he's been enhanced by the elixirs, to add more conflict to your char, he finds he -needs- the elixirs to keep up what he's already got going? Addicted now, against his desires? Just an idea.

@Peace: You, sirrah, are wonderful, being willing to make another char, let alone make her female. I THANK YOU MUCHLY!

Zaer Darkwail

Dragondancer, feel free join the game :). Make for change a female slayer! So there is one female at least in each branch of the game; Dragons, Slayers and Royalty/Sorcerers

Drakan

*nods* I totally agree Zaer!!! *looks to bubby regarding her last comment* did I do something wrong? :( lol i kid

Bella90

hi :)
I'm interested in playing a sorceress.. :D if that's possible

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Bella90 on May 12, 2011, 12:00:24 PM
hi :)
I'm interested in playing a sorceress.. :D if that's possible

It's possible I think :). Just make bio and wait for approval.

Bella90

^^ Thanks, alright, I'll work on a char. ^^

AngelicBlade

bubby

Ok. I'm trying REAL hard to put together the opening page for the OOC. If not later tonight, FOR SURE tomorrow, along with character thread. We'll start this by this weekend I think!

Kaiten

bubby

YAY!

Here's the OOC thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=106693.0  Everyone move there for OOC commentary, and we'll keep this as an interest thread.

And here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=106694.0 is the character thread. Everyone move their character bios there please. I should be able to have the IC thread up tomorrow, but if not, I PROMISE on Saturday!

Bella90

Name:Verasiel Heart
Type of Character:  She is a sorceress.
Appearance
hair: raven black.
eyes: Dark blue (navy) almost violet, and turns clear violet when she works with her magic, goes completely white with a slight bluish gleam when she'd having a vision.
Tiger's name: Ninjara.
   --the second picture is when she works with a little darkness,--
History: Vera has grown into a family of sorcerers, hence, her training had always included her holding a spell book, or learning how to control the magic that ran in her veins no to mention to learn to control the ability that only traveled in her family's blood line. Her ability to see the future, that ability was only a dominant allele skipping a generation. It had skipped her father's generation, but it had appeared in her. Since her childhood she was overtaken by strong visions indicating the future. Sometimes her predictions weren't as accurate as people would wish. Her ability to see the future depends on who knows her predictions, and what was involved in it, as well as the choices that people still aren't sure of. Because she learned to sue magic at a very young age, Vera is now a very dependable sorceress. She was given a gift when she was young, a large white tiger, a symbol of her transition from an apprentice to a full on sorceress. and she cherished the large feline as if it were a human understanding everything she says, and from whom she sometimes extracts equipments for certain elixirs.
Personality:
  -Positive: Loyal, determined, analytical, cautious, caring to those she love, protective. Kind, she has a little trouble deciding between mind and heart.
- Negative: Temperamental, can be rash sometimes, she is good at hiding her visions (when they're small at least) she's extremely secretive. She is impossibly stubborn. She could be easily viewed as aggressive and unapproachable.
Strengths&Weaknesses:

Strengths: She could go on for long periods of time without refueling. Her ability to understand the types of magic affecting people, and how to resolve the problems connected to it is a great asset.
- She has the ability to easily understand the motives of others, and to judge their words, whether they're telling the truth or lying, in other words, she has good judgement.
- Her physical form isn't as fragile as she may make it appear, she can actually withstand a battle.
- she has a very persuasive manner when she speaks, she can easily convince those who are as hard headed as she is.
- She has a good connection to nature.

Weaknesses:
-if she used her powers too much, the weaker she becomes physically and needs to refuel.
- Her visions usually leave her in a robotic, zombie-like state.
- she may be open minded, but once put to a task, she considers it life or death.
- She has strong values that she would stand with through to the end, despite the consequences.

Bella90

bubby

AWESOME! We have plenty of dragons and slayers, now we need Royals and maybe a couple more sorcerers!