One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén went back through his memories, the only good stories he had were the ones that were of him and Shie just spending time together, he wanted to keep those for just her.

"Well.....I don't know, I can barely remember my old life now, I know I had a family back in my old village, but other than that, it's a blank, it's like I suffered amnesia during my blackout period"

He sighed, much of his old life was now a blank, luckily he was happy where he was now, he had a new life and a woman he loved more than anything in the world.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

She'd forgotten about his other family. That guilt - where she took away someone important to others - ate at her subconscious. Pushing it back, she smiled. "Well, then we'll have to make happier stories in the future. With you helping to build the town."

Standing, she passed the sake bottle around, filling all the glasses.
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and had another drink of Sake, as important as his old life had been to him, this was his life now and he was content.

He watched as Shie handed out drinks and he had to decline offers from some of the villagers for him to join them at their table and tell them more about his "heroic" deeds in the other world, whether he had slain any demonic warlords, or how he had managed to find the strength to fight all that time without rest.

Lièrén just shrugged them all off and continued drinking sake quietly, waiting for Shie to come back and sit with him.

Sophidian

Taking her seat, she shooed the men away. "Leave him be. He's told you plenty of stories. Perhaps you'll have to come tomorrow to hear more." Pleased by that, they rushed away to go start rumors that would spread like wildfire.

"If we placate them, I'm afraid you'll have to make things up!"

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén laughed

"Thank you, I'm pretty sure I would have gotten mobbed by them if I kept turning them down"

He rubbed his eyes with his good hand.

"I'm getting pretty tired, it is probably because of the sake, is there long left till closing time beautiful?"

Sophidian

"Just an hour. I can close early, if you'd like. They won't notice with how drunk they are." She rose and cleared her throat. "Closing time, guys. Let's hurry it up."

One by one they left, shaking hands with Lièrén and Shie, complimenting them and telling them what a good job they did. As they filed out, she nodded and finally shut the door. "Oh. So long."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén felt that his good arm was numb because of the villagers shaking it as they went out and the amount of times they did shake it, some where quite vigorous shakes as well.

"Indeed, I thought some of them were planning on sleeping in for the night so that they could ambush us in the morning"

He kissed Shie on the lips

"Thank you, it has been a long day for us hasn't it"

He led her upstairs to the hallway

"Are we sharing a room tonight or sleeping seperately, I would prefer sharing a room, it's nice just spending time with you"

Sophidian

"I would love for you to sleep in my room again." She lead him up the stairs with a single hand. "You make the bed warm. Especially when you go on fire."

Smiling again, she opened her door and sighed. She'd left the window open so the smell of the night had permeated the small room.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled and changed into his nightwear, the new ones he had found on his bed beforehand. Soon he was sat comfortably in bed with Shie cuddling up to him, his good arm around her. He channeled his fire energy to heatu p his body to make the bed warm instantly without burning Shie or the covers and sheets.

"Is that better my love?"

He smiled, the night smell was lovely and so did Shie.

Sophidian

"Oh!" She curled against him, closing her eyes. "I won't need a fire in winter then." She laid her head on his shoulder and closed he eyes. The warmth was lulling her into sleep...

"Mmm, I love you..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He smiled as she curled up against him

"I love you too"

Then he too closed his eyes and fell into the first dreamless sleep that he had experienced over the past few days.

The next morning, he woke early, not wanting to disturb Shie, he quietly snuck out of bed and down into the kitchen, where he prepared a breakfast of egg fried rice and chicken for Shie, he also made her a hot drink as well, heating it with his hand to the perfect temperature. He struggled to put the rice and chicken into a bowl, but he managed it slowly and soon Shie's breakfast was on a tray which he took back upstairs to their room.

Laying it down by the side of the bed, he sat and stayed quiet while Shie slept, she looked so peaceful, so beautiful.

Sophidian

Aroused once again by the smell of food, she smiled and rolled onto her side. Keeping her eyes closed, she shook her head. "You didn't have to do that, you know. I'm able to cook."

She sat up after a moment, rubbing away the sleep. She'd been out pretty deeply and to try and wake up was bothersome.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Smiling, Lièrén passed her the bowl of food.

"I thought I would repay you for looking after me so much recently, it was no bother at all"

He ate a small amount of food as well, but didn't eat too much, he wasn't feeling up to eating a full meal just yet.

"Would you like to spend the day in bed whilst I look after things, or do you feel like getting up at some point?"

He liked to tease her with options, but either way she would probably make the right one, there were no wrong answers when it came to Shie.

Sophidian

Shie smiled and stretched out. "I suppose I'll get out of the bed. I can't really get my work done otherwise." She finished her meal and placed it aside before swinging her legs from the bed. "One day, I'm going to take a holiday. Have you found the person that will travel with you yet?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He shrugged, he hadn't really given it much thought.

"I could take one of your cousins, but you would have to ask them about it, I think pretty much the entire village is arguing over who will go with me, someone must have overheard us talking about me going on this trip, they all want me to take them with me, you can hear some of the arguments just by standing near the window"

He sighed, he had become some sort of idol without even wanting it, he just wanted to settle down with Shie, get some work done, help the village, grow old in peace, not be revered as some sort of God send, he was no such thing, he was an old thief who had caused trouble and had been driven from his home, forced to wander around from town to town, he nearly hadn't stopped in this little village of Onawa but was glad he had.

"I shall let you get dressed, I shall be downstairs if you need me"

He stood, letting Shie enjoy her breakfast in peace, heading downstairs, he headed to the kitchen where he proceeded to clean up and put everything back in its proper place.

Sophidian

Shie finished her meal, dressed, and sat on her bed for awhile, thinking about who to choose. A great many of them were too foolish, too lost in dreams of grandeur. But, thinking of Bei, she knew he'd do fine. And, out of all her cousins, he was probably the one who would want to go the least.

Starting down the stairs, she smiled at the clean kitchen before finding her walking clothes. Bei lived on the edge of town, tending the farm with his father. It wasn't a long walk, but it was best to be prepared.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled up the stairs to Shie as she looked down on the clean kitchen, he had finished a little while ago, he was a bit tired because of the use of only one arm, so he was taking a short break.

"Have you thought of which cousin you are thinking of asking to come along with me at all my love?"

He was going to clean up around the rest of the inn soon, it would be interesting to use a broom with one arm as well as quite difficult.

Sophidian

"I think Bei would be best. I have to go convince him though. He'll try to send a brother or two along." Tying what needed to be, she smiled to him. "I'll be back soon. Are you to be resting here?"

Leaning with one arm against the door, she smiled to him. She hoped he'd realize that life wasn't so hopeless with only one arm.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He shook his head

"I think I'll come along for the walk, would be good to meet Bei, might be able to help you convince him to come along with me as well, he sounds sensible enough and he isn't one of the many trying to buy their way into my trip"

He laughed, several times last night people had offered him all their money so that he would take them on the trip with him, he declined everyone and yet people still tried; they were persistent, he had to give them that.

Standing, he groaned as his bad shoulder ached, he felt like it was on the mend, it didn't hurt when he moved it and he had tried to move a couple of fingers as well and was partially successfull.

"I think my arm is getting better, I was able to move my fingers a little bit earlier before my shoulder started to hurt, it could be on the heal which is good to know"

He walked over to Shie and smiled to her, wrapping his good arm around her waist, they walked out of the inn.

"So what is this cousin of yours like then? I would like to know a little before I meet him"

Sophidian

Glad that his arm felt better, she smiled up to him before thinking of Bei."Well, he's a farmer. A few years older than me but so much more mature. He'll probably feign not wanting to go at first and try to pawn a brother off on us. He only needs a little convincing.

"Besides that, he's strong. He pulls the plows himself. He doesn't prefer to talk much; he never had a formal education so he doesn't bother with any intellectual discussion. But he's not dumb, not at all. He's actually quite witty." She shrugged. "My favorite cousin."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded thoughtfully

"He sounds like a good person, definitely the kind of person I could travel with, I can leave you to do most of the talking if you like, or I can help out and talk to him a little, which ever works better for you"

They walked out towards the farm, ignoring the wolf whistles the villagers sent their way, Lièrén would have thought they would be used to him and Shie and let them get on with it, maybe they still needed time to get used to it.

Sophidian

She nodded after a moment. "He'll be fine speaking to you. He usually just goes, 'Shie. Good evening,' and goes off to do something else. I'll have to corner him."

Turning down toward the farm, she could see the fields in the distance. It looked bright, almost cheerful, this far from the main town.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén followed Shie, thinking of how he could persuade Bei to come with him on the trip, maybe he could just converse normally with him like any other person, it would make the most sense really, going over the top would be pushing it a little.

He just stayed quiet and followed Shie up to the farm.

Sophidian

Hearing the strains of labor, she took them around the barn and saw the man in the fields. With broad shoulders and a close cropping of black hair, Bei's head and shoulder shone in the sun. He continued to plow until he noticed his cousin standing there. "Oh. Shie. Good afternoon."

"Bei," she said, moving up through the rows of dirt. "This is Lièrén." A nod in return. "He's going on a journey. You have to go with him."

Bei considered it for a moment before pointing inside. "Ask them."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén stepped forward

"Bei, pleased to meet you, I have heard great things about you from Shie, I would be honoured if you were the one to accompany me on this trip, it will only be for a couple of days and then we will be right back here, please, what do you say?"

He looked at Shie after he had talked, hoping it would maybe persuade Bei to help him, then he looked back at the guy, waiting for his answer.