How do I unsubscribe?

Started by kckolbe, March 17, 2013, 11:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

There are threads I posted in almost years ago that are still active, that I do not want to be reminded of.  How can I make it so they don't show up on my unread replies?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Lilias

Currently that is not possible. Sooner or later, though, threads reach their post limit and are locked, so eventually they will stop appearing in your notifications.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

My eventual "solution" to this was using bookmarks instead of unread replies.

kckolbe

Not a bad idea.  I'll try that.  Thanks.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Ryua

I almost decided not to respond to this, just so I wouldn't have another thread cluttering up my "New Replies" section, or do the same to anyone else who has posted on this thread. But I really, really wanted to show my support for finding a way to unfollow threads.
ONs and OFFs and existing RPs
Wanted RPs
Rabbit Hole

Bought Pokemon Y. And working overtime. Sorry if I don't respond for a couple days longer than usual.

Aadreal

Not sure if the request has been put in the CMS request thread but someone might want to put it in there for when Veks is working on it.

I have found I Bookmarks is just easier.  You can just delete the ones you don't want to follow any more.

Caeli

It's definitely been mentioned several times over the years. One idea that I know I've suggested is that bookmarks have some kind of organizational capability.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Silver

Quote from: Caeli on April 01, 2013, 03:51:12 PM
It's definitely been mentioned several times over the years. One idea that I know I've suggested is that bookmarks have some kind of organizational capability.

Kinda like the label rules that we have for messages?
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Caeli

Well, our labels are sort of wonky.

Something like having "folders" or "tags" or "labels" (GMail's labels are probably a better, functional comparison).
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

mj2002

Quote from: Lilias on March 17, 2013, 11:48:21 AM
Currently that is not possible. Sooner or later, though, threads reach their post limit and are locked, so eventually they will stop appearing in your notifications.
How many replies is that again? There's one I'm subscribed to with well over 2000 replies but it is still going strong.

Oreo

The magic number is 10,000 posts or 400 pages.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

mj2002

Quote from: Oreo on April 05, 2013, 11:58:41 PM
The magic number is 10,000 posts or 400 pages.
Waiting isn't going to prove very effective then. Some of these threads are years old but still regularly active. Extrapolating from the current numbers, it could take 20-30 years before they're closed... Is there no solution other than bookmarks that you can offer us?

Oreo

Not until the new CMS is finished. Due to unforeseen circumstances that has been progressing slower than expected.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

Quote from: mj2002 on April 06, 2013, 02:11:10 AM
Waiting isn't going to prove very effective then. Some of these threads are years old but still regularly active. Extrapolating from the current numbers, it could take 20-30 years before they're closed... Is there no solution other than bookmarks that you can offer us?

One thing I often do is open up the 'Forum Games' or 'Adult Socializing' (where most of my 'unwanted' threads are) and click on 'Mark all Read'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17