A Tale of Might and Magic {Pathfinder} Closed

Started by Black Howling, May 31, 2011, 07:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 01, 2011, 02:22:20 PM
Pout.. at least let me finish the intro!
Hmm, okay; especially since I might really like her for another game. Or this one if I think we can come to something. >.>

Yorubi

Actually that brings a good point up. Could I even use oracle considering that the actual class itself is from APG? ^^;; Wasn't sure if you meant APG for like spells or items or if classes counted in that too. ^^;;

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Black Howling on June 01, 2011, 02:21:24 PM
References from other posts you've made in this thread. You read late about the no traits, which yes you hadn't selected yet but seemed to think were alright. You also suggested alternate favored class bonus to another players despite my creation area, and now you are thinking rolling up a class from adamant entertainment. Might I also mention that the feat you are thinking of selecting isn't even from the two books I have mentioned. It's from the Campaign setting for Golarion.

Well, my bad not reading creation thread until it was updated and noticed the no trait note. Also true about the warlord, hoped you would accept but if not I can think something else instead (the oracle kinda works as warlord with her buff spells). Also the feat was listed in general feat section, it may not be from normal source but can remove it but keep nobleborn flavor.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 01, 2011, 02:22:20 PM
Pout.. at least let me finish the intro!

~Fans self~ I can't help but agree >.>

Callie your sex alludes me at times....just saying ~SNuggles~
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Quote from: Yorubi on June 01, 2011, 02:28:00 PM
Actually that brings a good point up. Could I even use oracle considering that the actual class itself is from APG? ^^;;
APG was opened because I like how the classes add some depth and options to the game. I didn't want to swarm it with options either. The APG, aside from classes, will be considered on a case by case basis. What this means is I don't want to open all the content in it because that means if I say: "APG is allowed" people will take it as everything in the APG is and I don't wnat to deal with it all. Mainly just the spells and the classes.

Yorubi

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 01, 2011, 02:29:49 PM
I have to disagree... I think a complete background and detail story are called for instead! XD

@Howling: Alright I just wanting to make sure. ^^ Honestly I'm pretty bad at maximizing my characters. I'm fighting the urge to make my oracle wear cloth and wield a staff because it 'sounds cool' ^^;;

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Yorubi on June 01, 2011, 02:32:26 PM
I have to disagree... I think a complete background and detail story are called for instead! XD

@Howling: Alright I just wanting to make sure. ^^ Honestly I'm pretty bad at maximizing my characters. I'm fighting the urge to make my oracle wear cloth and wield a staff because it 'sounds cool' XD

You only disagree cause it's me...

and the staff will give me plenty of teasing material for Ari :P
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Zaer Darkwail

Anycase was there any problems with the half-orc barbarian concept? I can edit away the noble scion feat off from my oracle concept. If there are cross creation stuff it was not intentional none the less nor I am arrogant :P.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 01, 2011, 02:29:49 PM

Callie your sex alludes me at times....just saying ~SNuggles~

Do you mean elude or allure?

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 01, 2011, 02:56:56 PM
Do you mean elude or allure?

Yes elude XD I'm such a dork. Apparently English eludes me as well
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 01, 2011, 03:00:53 PM
Yes elude XD I'm such a dork. Apparently English eludes me as well
]

Rather it had been Allure.:D

Doing burst posts in my workshop. :D

Yorubi

Bleh, I  just realized a staff wouldn't work well at all on an oracle. Cheapest ones are like 12,500, and quarterstaves are two handed so it would be a pain to cast using one. ^^;; Oh well I'll go sword and board to sound cool! I forget where I get that saying from but yeah, it will allow her to be a bit more defensive and do something for the group when she isn't healing or spamming her positive energy XD

Zaer Darkwail

Yorubi, you can check my oracle. She's got battle mystery so she got proff for martial weapons and heavy armor, quite nice items for oracle who wants go to combat (full plate does not hinder spellcasting).

Black Howling

Quote from: Yorubi on June 01, 2011, 03:21:20 PM
Bleh, I  just realized a staff wouldn't work well at all on an oracle. Cheapest ones are like 12,500, and quarterstaves are two handed so it would be a pain to cast using one. ^^;; Oh well I'll go sword and board to sound cool! I forget where I get that saying from but yeah, it will allow her to be a bit more defensive and do something for the group when she isn't healing or spamming her positive energy XD
You can cast freely with a two handed weapon as it only takes two hands to attack with it. You can free up the other hand as pretty much a free action, where as most shields make it too unwieldy for your hand to be considered free for casting. The buckler doesn't, and neither does the light shield; but the light shield is hard to wear while making touch spells, as you can't effectively touch someone without hitting them with the shield.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 01, 2011, 03:07:11 PM
]

Rather it had been Allure.:D

Doing burst posts in my workshop. :D

Well it allures me as well ;) ~giggle~
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Yorubi

Quote from: Black Howling on June 01, 2011, 03:30:19 PM
You can cast freely with a two handed weapon as it only takes two hands to attack with it. You can free up the other hand as pretty much a free action, where as most shields make it too unwieldy for your hand to be considered free for casting. The buckler doesn't, and neither does the light shield; but the light shield is hard to wear while making touch spells, as you can't effectively touch someone without hitting them with the shield.
Ah okay that makes sense then. Hmm I think I'll go with that line then and keep the quarterstaff. I don't want melee to really be her main focus, just something to provide extra support when she isn't healing or buffing. ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Black Howling on June 01, 2011, 03:30:19 PM

Yeah, that's why I went one handed longsword with my oracle free hand for spellcasting and touch spells. Anyways Black Howling would you consider my applications if I edit them according the creation rules? Also change my wild card perhaps to bard (kind of jack all trades type socialite).

Callie Del Noire

Zaer Darkwail

Anycase only odd things with my half-orc barbarian was that I traded his racial 'orc ferocity' for sacred tribal tattoos for +1 luck bonus to all saves (if not OK I take it off). Second is that I used the invincible rager variant which takes off uncanny dodge, improved uncanny dodge and DR to get 1/2 barbarian level as DR (atm 1 this point) which is double vs non-lethal dmg (thought that variant suits for 'tanking' barbarian). With trap sense traded for fire or cold resistance and endure elements to hot or cold climate.

Lady Lunarius

I'm almost done with my witch. Should have her up before I go off to work. Hoping anyways.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Callie Del Noire

Updated the story.. feel a bit better now. :D

I hope you guys liked it.. been feeling sorta inspired of late.. and both Rhea and Nevin needed to be let out. :D Nevin is a more 'Waterdeep Merchant' guy where as Rhea is a 'Caliphate Scribe' type.

Wintercat

I posted my Barbarian earlier, working on a thief now, considering doing the other three just in case. Heheh. Well, probably just doing the skill-holder but I originally thought I'd be ready to take up any 1 of the archetypes that might be missing, but it does look like the casters side is well under control already, so focusing on the thief in case another warrior is picked.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Crovonovin

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 01, 2011, 04:49:51 PM
I feel so slow X_X such a newb I am...

No job.. and most of the work shop covers the VA benefits I already I know.