TIGER'S IN NATURE SOON TO BE EXTINCT!!

Started by WhiteTigerForever, November 22, 2010, 11:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteTigerForever

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101121/ap_on_re_eu/eu_russia_saving_tigers

This is truly a sad time and event in our life times to see this tragedy happening right before our eyes... :-[
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Callie Del Noire

That makes me remember about how sad I was to hear about how the Raffle's hotel in Singapore got their mascot. The english folks in the pool room were playing pool one night in the early 1900s. One looked under the table to find a tiger there. Quickly a gun was fetched and it became a rug.

WhiteTigerForever

Yea.. humanity claims to be so wonderful and look what we are doing to our fellow comrades that share this planet with us and to our mother earth herself.  I will seriously seriously be in deep mourning when that day arrives.  I understand that they are hunted so much for just one or two organs because various cultures consider them to have medicinal values and if they can't find a tiger, then they go after the snow Leopards, with are supposedly a reasonable substitute.  So one day, we will be seeing them gone too.  :-[

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&biw=1600&bih=707&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=white+tigers&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

www.google.com/images?hl=en&expIds=17259,26474,27692,27746,27762&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=snow+leopards&cp=13&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=v2rrTPKQN8WclgeoqtSVAQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQsAQwAA&biw=1600&bih=707

paraplu

As much as a fan I am of tigers, you do realise that a tiger has an incredible amount of kills over its lifetime? Tigers have to eat a lot; it is an active, large, warm-blooded predator; they need insane amounts of energy. I agree their habitats should be protected, but the average tiger is bound to kill more wildlife than the average poacher. Other animals also suffer from the cutting of woods and poaching, so giving tigers too much chance to re-stablise is gonna mess up the whole eco-system.

Tigers are some of my favourite animals, don't get me wrong, but ecosystems adapt to many little changes and it is very risky to just change it. So whatever is going to be done needs to be done very carefully.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: paraplu on November 23, 2010, 02:57:36 AM
As much as a fan I am of tigers, you do realise that a tiger has an incredible amount of kills over its lifetime? Tigers have to eat a lot; it is an active, large, warm-blooded predator; they need insane amounts of energy. I agree their habitats should be protected, but the average tiger is bound to kill more wildlife than the average poacher. Other animals also suffer from the cutting of woods and poaching, so giving tigers too much chance to re-stablise is gonna mess up the whole eco-system.

Tigers are some of my favourite animals, don't get me wrong, but ecosystems adapt to many little changes and it is very risky to just change it. So whatever is going to be done needs to be done very carefully.

The tiger only takes from its environment what it needs, we on the other hand take and take and take and have no respect for our environment or give back to maintain the balance ... and we have all but killed off all our natural predators and have become over populated. Because people have no checks and balances system in place, it is destroying the natural path, ecosystems and way of life for more than just the tiger.  It isn't the only thing on the extinct list or going extinct.  Just a majestic representation of one. 

but I think I may understand what you are saying...and agree, all changes must be done slowly... XD

paraplu

Ultimately it is humankind's fault, but that doesn't change the fact that if we give tigers too much of a chance to populate they can become harmful to the ecosystem, regardless of motivation. They're not saints; they're wild beasts. If predators grow in numbers too fast, there won't be enough prey left, which will kill them too eventually; so we'll reach nothing. These things need to remain balanced, which is why human influence on nature is very risky. Tigers don't have natural predators either; all they deal with are rivals.