[Scion: Hero] Recruitment Closed

Started by ererruz, February 11, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

What are motivation and deific goal, please?  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ererruz

Quote from: Muse on February 16, 2016, 01:14:21 AM
  What are motivation and deific goal, please?  :)

Motivation is what drives your character. Qu'est for power? Vengeance? Thrills? Wanting to do good? Parent's will?

And deific goal is a kind of God of goddess you intend to be in the future, a short title like a god of perseverance for example. Possibly with purviews you'd ideally want to master. (this of course can easily change over the game, so it's just tentative)

Muse

Name: Peter Roland
Calling: Social Worker/Big Guy/Outdoorsman
Nature: Caregiver
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual and romantic. 
Pantheon: Daeva
God: Vishnu
Nationality: American
Date of birth: October 21st, 1992

Motivation: Make the world a happier, safer place. 
Deific goal:

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 300lbs
Hair colour:
Eye colour:
Distinguishing features:
Appearance:
Face claim: Brendan Frasier or Tom Welling (Opinions anyone?)
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/571177589181587456/4SpXRTvY.jpeg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/30/article-2240937-164896DF000005DC-811_306x423.jpg

Personality:

Family: Barbra Roland (Mother), Joshua Roland (Stepfather), Laura Roland (Younger Sister), Gabriel Brewer (Cousin)
Friends and allies:
Rivals and enemies:
Background: Barbra Roland is a goverment burocrat in Washington, DC.  During a whirlwind romance with an tall and handsome lobyist for the Red Cross, she concieved her first child.  The relationship had allready burned out by the time she discovered she was pregant.  A year and a half later, a catholic priest--Joshua Roland--took early retirement and renounced his vows in order to marry her.  They had a daughter, Laura. 
   Growing up in a comfortable household, Peter and Laura both attended the same high quality roman catholic private school.  Their education was strong--especialy in the liberal arts.   Peter learned several difrent langueges.   He also did well in athletics, participating in triathalons and competitive athletics.  By the time he graduated, Peter was extremely tall and strong as many professional body builders.  He turned down several atheltic scholarships because he'd rather be doing volunteer work for the poor and climbing mountains than play football. 
   Peter fell in love with a greek-descended girl in college and proposed to her on a mountainside.  They were to be married after graduation, but she left him at the alter.  After a few miserable months, Peter spent nine months backpacking in europe and asia to clear his mind. 
Visitation:

Likes: Climbing a mountain with a good novel.  Cooking.  Seeing new places.  Helping people. 
Dislikes:
Hobbies: One part geek, two parts outdoorsman. 
Fears and phobias: Joshua and his brother both have an all out phobia of cats.  Peter claims this hasn't rubbed off on him, but every time he sees one he can't help but feel his blood get a little chill as he wonders what they're so afraid of... 
   Laura is playfully superstitious in a lot of ways.  After his visition, Peter will start to wonder if any of her games had some basis in truth...  It's silly to hold your breath when you drive through a graveyard, right?  But...  There really are ghosts...
ONs and OFFs:

Legend: 2
Legend points: 4
Willpower:

Experience (spent): 0
Experience (unspent): 0
Experience (total): 0

Virtues:

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  5 (1)
Dexterity  2
Stamina  4 (1)

Charisma  3 (1)
Manipulation  1
Appearance  3 (1)

Perception  2
Intelligence  4 (1)
Wits  3

ABILITIES

Academics  3
*Animal Ken  1
Art  0
Athletics  3
*Awareness  1
Brawl  0
*Command  1
Control  1 Automobiel

Craft  1 Cook
*Empathy  3
Fortitude  3
Integrity  1
Investigation  0
Larceny  0
Marksmanship  0
Medicine  1

Melee  3
Occult  1
Politics  3
*Presence  1
Science  0
*Stealth  1
Survival  3
Thrown  3

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
Epic Attribute: Appearence 1
Epic Attribute: Charisma 1
Epic Attribute: Inteligence 1
Epic Attribute: Stamina 1
Epic Attribute: Strength 1
  • Lasting Impression - Description
  • Benefit of the Doubt - Description
  • Legendary Learner - Description
  • Self Healing - Description
  • Uplifting Might -

PURVIEWS
Purview:  Gaurdian
  • Vigil Brand - (Perception+Empathy/1 Legend)
Purview:  Health
  • Asses Health - (--/--)
Purview:  Psychopomp
  • Unerring Orientation - (--/1 Legend)
Purview: Samsara
  • Kriya - (Legend/--)
Purview:  Water
  • Boon Water Breathing - (--/--)

BIRTHRIGHTS

• ??? (2): - Purview
    Description
: This spear has a long blade and a sturdy shaft.  It has the statistics of a Naginata.  It adds Peter's legend to his dexterity + melee rolls.  It has a GM aproved way of being either summoned or concealed. 
  • ??? (3) - Gaurdian
    Description
: This is a chackram similar to the one wielded by his father.  It adds Peter's legend to his dexterity + throwing rolls.  He may cause it to transform into a normal looking bracelet. 
  • ??? (2) - Purview
    Description
Grants the power Night Eyes.  Adds Peter's legend to Perception + Awareness rolls. 
  • ??? (1) - Health
    Description
  • ??? (1) - Psychopomp
    Description
  • ??? (1) - Water
    Description

Attacks:

Clinch; Accuracy:, Damage: B, Speed: ; Piercing
Unarmed, Heavy; Accuracy:, Dmg B, Parry DV: , Speed
Unarmed, Light; Accuracy:, Dmg B, Parry DV: , Speed

Join Battle:
Soak: B/L
Health levels: -0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated
Dodge DV: ; Parry DV:
Movement: ; Dash: ; Climb/Swim Speed:
Vertical Jump: ; Horizontal Jump:
Weight capacity:
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: ererruz on February 15, 2016, 04:44:07 PM
How much time does everyone need to finish their applications? Day? Two?

I still have 2 more 12-hour shifts before a day off.

As you know, statwise I'm nearly done, so I'll try and work on BS'ing a background while I'm at work.

indarkestknight

Out of curiosity, what abilities would you say a character would use for a taser, both ranged and close range? Marksmanship and Melee, respectively?

ererruz

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 16, 2016, 05:41:01 AM
Out of curiosity, what abilities would you say a character would use for a taser, both ranged and close range? Marksmanship and Melee, respectively?

Exactly.

ReijiTabibito

GM, don't mean to pester you, (though by saying that, I kind of am) but I wanted to doublecheck with you that A: there aren't TOO many people in-game already, and B: that my choice of pantheons was okay, or if I should look to drop a couple from my list.

The list, for expediency, is:

Amatsukami - Raiden in specific
Celestial Bureaucracy
Devas

And MAYBE the Atzlanti, but that would just be Quetzalcoatl.

Muse

Reiji, last I checked there were ten aplicants for 4-6 rolls. 

ReijiTabibito

Ah.

If that's the case, then I'll happily step back and let others who've already put a good amount of effort into creating their characters take front.

indarkestknight

ererruz, in the case of, say, Magic boons that have both JSR versions and versions in the rulesbooks (for example, Deus Ex Machina), which will we be using, or is that decided on a case-by-case basis?

Marie Reynolds

Well i think I should be done in a day or two unless work has more issues or new employee can't do shit cause ego gets in way and refuses to ask for help and me and my manager have to uncluster fuck things. Then Maybe three.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: ererruz on February 16, 2016, 12:54:25 AM
Generally no problem there, but kind of depends on the boons in question. Which purviews do you want to take?

Two level 1 water booms. One let's you breathe water, the other let's you move in it as easily as in air.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ererruz

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on February 16, 2016, 05:54:15 AM
GM, don't mean to pester you, (though by saying that, I kind of am) but I wanted to doublecheck with you that A: there aren't TOO many people in-game already, and B: that my choice of pantheons was okay, or if I should look to drop a couple from my list.

The list, for expediency, is:

Amatsukami - Raiden in specific
Celestial Bureaucracy
Devas

And MAYBE the Atzlanti, but that would just be Quetzalcoatl.

Sorry for not having replied earlier. I missed your post. As Muse said, I've planned to accept 6 players, although I am kind of wondering to maybe run two rival Scion bands who'd compete with each other for more or less the same goals. But... not really sure I would manage running a game for so many players, so that's probably a no.

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 16, 2016, 06:18:48 AM
ererruz, in the case of, say, Magic boons that have both JSR versions and versions in the rulesbooks (for example, Deus Ex Machina), which will we be using, or is that decided on a case-by-case basis?

Case-by-case basis.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 16, 2016, 07:15:19 AM
Two level 1 water booms. One let's you breathe water, the other let's you move in it as easily as in air.

No problem there, go ahead!

indarkestknight

Quote from: ererruz on February 16, 2016, 07:45:43 AMCase-by-case basis.

Unlidded Eye, Bona Fortuna, Evil Eye, and Deus Ex Machina? (Mostly for purposes of `do I want to commit to Magic`).

Muse

Does anyone have any opinions on a character model for Peter? 

I sugested two but am more than open to other sugestions. 

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Muse on February 16, 2016, 08:00:57 AM

Do what I did.  Find a random image in Bing.

http://tinyurl.com/j4klsl4

ererruz

Quote from: Muse on February 16, 2016, 08:00:57 AM

Out of the two you suggested, Tom Welling. :P

ererruz

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 16, 2016, 07:55:05 AM
Unlidded Eye, Bona Fortuna, Evil Eye, and Deus Ex Machina? (Mostly for purposes of `do I want to commit to Magic`).

I'll read them all and compare once I'm home :)

Muse

I do like Tom Welling for him.  Any other sugestions? 

Phaia

I have a question for the group and GM.
Do you all want a base to operate from. I was going to have Selena have a club of some sort in New Orleans [or area]. I see 4 options depending on what you guys prefer. I ask cause Scion is about a band of scions.
I have no problem just having Selena have a nice fast car instead.

options:
1] No base or club, no guide group and saves a BP to use elsewhere
2] Gentlemen's strip club on lower floor of a 3 story building in the French quarter of New Orleans
3] Music bar with local acts on lower floor of a 3 story building in the French Quarter of New Orleans
4] Old Plantation a ways outside New Orleans, big stone building, land and even a graveyard. Swamp and maybe a river along edges

Phaia

Lockepick

Again, I hate to be that guy -- but this is something that should be discussed with the actual players -- once the specific players are selected.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Muse

Oh... 

I was about to chime in about 2 and 3 as good, but I think Locke might be right.  ^_^;;  At least, if it doesn't otherwise TOO thoroughly effect your character? 

Phaia

Quote from: Muse on February 16, 2016, 12:57:17 PM
Oh... 

I was about to chime in about 2 and 3 as good, but I think Locke might be right.  ^_^;;  At least, if it doesn't otherwise TOO thoroughly effect your character?

Quote from: lockepick on February 16, 2016, 12:12:19 PM
Again, I hate to be that guy -- but this is something that should be discussed with the actual players -- once the specific players are selected.

Waiting works. I mean at worst I get an extra BP to use by dropping the building and the staff that act as guide

Phaia

Orange Marmalade

Name: Mateo Herrera
Calling: Gang Leader
Nature: Gallant
Sexual orientation: Bisexual with Homosexual leanings
Pantheon: Aztec
God: Huitzilopochtli
Nationality: American / Latino Mutt
Date of birth: 4/23

Motivation: Protect his people, grow his power
Deific goal: Unsure

Height: 6'2
Weight: 205#
Hair colour: Black
Eye colour: Brown
Distinguishing features: Various tattoos across his body, pierced nipple and ears, two mostly faded knife scars above his left hip, bullet scar on right bicep.
Appearance: Mateo is a somewhat imposing figure. He's tall, muscular in a 'I tear idiots in half for exercise' way rather than a gym bunny type way, and he's got various tattoos and scars across his body that each tell their own stories. He's generally found wearing comfortable clothing like jeans and wifebeaters or tshirts.
Face claim: Marco Da Silva

Personality: Gruff, a straight shooter, though quite friendly as long as you stay on his good side. Those around him learn quickly that he has a bit of a temper though as long as people aren't totally stupid it rarely comes out and he is also fiercely protective of those under his care. He's a strong believer in people enjoying life any way they choose, but has an equally strong disdain for those who can't control themselves (e.g. in his view drugs are fine, drug addictions are for fools).

Family: None still alive that he's aware of
Friends and allies: His 5 member 'inner circle' of his gang, rest still TBD
Rivals and enemies: Various rival gangs
Background: Mateo never knew his father, then again that was true for a rather large portion of the parts of LA where he grew up. It seemed like you were either part of a big family with 8 siblings or you belonged to a single mother who may or may not have a few other children, and usually regardless of which kind of family you came from you were all crammed into an apartment that was way too tiny, way too dirty, and way too cold.

Like many of the kids in his neighborhood he fell in a bit with the wrong crowd. Stealing, dealing, everything in between, he'd done it all before he'd become a teenager. He eventually joined one of the street gangs vying for territory, quickly working his way up the ranks. A lot of it felt... empty, and pointless, but like so many others he didn't see any other option. That is until one of his friends 'got out' one day - he'd somehow scored a small scholarship to a technical college in another town an hour north, and the guy took it, completing a program and landing a legit, well paying job within a year. At that moment Mateo realized there might be an out - not for himself, he already had felonies under his belt and knew it was over, but maybe for others.

Within a couple years Mateo had assumed the leadership role of his gang and made some heavy changes to it. He ran things with a firm, hard hand, but he also set limits for his men. They still operated much like any other gang, viciously defending their territory, dealing in illegal activities, but Mat's changes took some of the senselessness out of it and he used the opportunity to drive a change for the younger members who came into the fold. Through life in their ghettos they were shown how low humans could be, but then shown how important hard work was, and many were sent on their way to school like his old friend was, a new creation from destruction.

Visitation: Two weeks ago Mateo was in one of his favorite bars. It wasn't the one where his guys always hung out, but it was still in 'their' neighborhood and was a nice place to go to get away from things when he needed to not be watching his guys' every moves. While there he met a devastatingly handsome man whom he struck up a conversation with. The guy had a slight limp but otherwise was physical perfection personified and Mateo was heartily attracted to him, trying to talk the man into the restrooms in the back which only seemed to amuse the man a little too much. Mateo was about to question the source of the amusement when the man ignored him and turned towards the door as if expecting something.

At that moment the SWAT team burst in, performing a drug raid. Someone lost their cool and drew a weapon on them and within seconds the entire place was going to hell. The man Mateo had been hitting on hardly seem phased by it all, he seemed amused even as he reached into his pocket and pulled out several small items, shoving them into Mateo's hands. It was a rude awakening, to be sure, as his father's gifts turned a dial inside him, turning him from human into something more elevated. "You'll need these, my son," the handsome man said, still smiling, "Now go. Out the back."

Mateo was still dumbstruck, but he knew he did have to move, and quick, so out the back he went, diving behind the bar and into the kitchen, heading for the back door, the small objects clutched in his fist. He found the back door and burst out, turning left, then right when he quickly drew up short, eyes widening as he saw a weird half man, half snake creature. It hiss and lunged at him and as Mateo held a hand up to ward off the blow he suddenly found a sowrd in his hand, the snakeman narrowly avoiding colliding with it and being split in half.

After a brief moment of hesitation Mateo went on the attack, battling with the strange creature even as he tried to figure out what had just happened. The battle was over quickly, luckily, with Mateo got in a hard blow that spilled it's intestines to the floor. Moments later the back door opened again and there his father stood, smiling at him. "Have I got some things to tell you," he said even as he looked approvingly at the corpse at Mateo's feet.

Likes: Fast cars, dangerous rides, good food, athletic bodies, and men who are comfortable on their knees
Dislikes: Indian food, strawberries, uppity people, drug abusers
Hobbies: Not enough - he needs to learn to relax. But also: Training, occasional working out, eating, cooking
Fears and phobias: Fear of failing his gang, slight fear of heights
ONs and OFFs: Variable, see players'

Willpower: 6

Experience (spent): 0
Experience (unspent): 0
Experience (total): 0

Virtues:
Conviction 3
Courage 3
Duty 1
Loyalty 2

ATTRIBUTES

Strength*  4
Dexterity  5
Stamina*  3

Charisma*  3
Manipulation  3
Appearance 3

Perception  2
Intelligence  2
Wits  3

ABILITIES

Academics  1
Animal Ken  0
Art  0
Athletics*  3
Awareness*  2
Brawl*  1
Command  1
Control  3 (Cars, motorcycles, ?)

Craft  0
Empathy  1
Fortitude  2
Integrity  1
Investigation  1
Larceny  3
Marksmanship*  1
Medicine  0

Melee*  3
Occult  1
Politics  0
Presence  1
Science  0
Stealth  2
Survival  1
Thrown*  3

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
Epic Attribute:  Strength
  • Hurl to the Horizon - Baseballs, manhole covers, beer kegs and other thrown objects become tiny specks in the distance when the Scion throws them. Having this Knack doubles the distance she can throw something as a feat of strength. It also doubles the Range of a normal thrown item after calculating the standard increase in Range granted for having Epic Strength. This Knack doesn’t make the character any better able to see or hit a target, however. Nor does it impart extra damage to an attack committed with a thrown weapon.
Epic Attribute:  Dexterity
  • Untouchable Opponent - The Scion might as well be a ghost for all her enemies can lay a hand or a weapon on her. The Scion doubles the bene?t that her Epic Dexterity dots add to her Dodge DV. She also ignores an amount of DV penalties due to unstable terrain equal to her Epic Dexterity dots. Only the normal Epic Dexterity bonus applies to the character’s Parry DV, though, and this Knack’s bonus to Dodge DV doesn’t apply if the character is merely hiding behind cover or tucked in behind a scutum like a lowly turtle. Only if the character is physically dodging the attacks that are coming her way does this Knack help her out. Activating this Knack costs one point of Legend. Its effects last for one scene.
Epic Attribute:  Stamina
  • Self Healing - The Scion’s player spends a point of Legend to repair a single level of damage. That damage can be bashing or lethal, and the healing takes place in an instant without leaving a scar. (Aggravated damage is beyond the power of this Knack to heal.) Scions who are interested in building their reputation and spreading their legends quickly ?nd this Knack to be one of the more effective tools of doing so, as bruises, lacerations and bullet holes vanish before astonished onlookers’ eyes.
Epic Attribute:  Charisma
  • Hapless Cool - The character spends a Legend point, and for the rest of the scene, she’s just cool. Nobody can explain it; there’s just something about either what she did or the way she did it that made her look cool. Okay, sure, the salt she threw over her shoulder hit Papa Legba’s dog in the eyes, but the comedic timing was just so perfect. Yeah, granted, she laughed so hard when Hel asked if she wanted any half-and-half in her coffee that scrambled eggs came out her nose, but she owned it. No matter what a character with this Knack active does, says or allows to happen that makes a fool out of herself, anyone who sees her thinks she’s cool anyway.
Epic Attribute:  Perception
  • Spatial Attunement - The Scion is so aware of his surroundings that his other senses (primarily those of hearing and smell) compensate for his eyes in identifying nearby objects outside his line of sight. The Scion could recognize the person sneaking up on him by that person’s telltale scent and mark exactly how far away that person is by the sound of his passing. With one quick glance around the room, the Scion could mark in his mind exactly where every wall and piece of furniture is within. Having done so, he could then navigate the room with his eyes closed, even slipping through a milling crowd of people without bumping into anyone or anything. To a certain extent, the character can perceive what’s going on around him in a 360-degree arc. Also, he suffers no penalties for ?ghting blind as long as he can hear or smell his opponents.
Epic Attribute:  Wits
  • Rabbit Reflexes - When an unexpected attack targets the character with this Knack but the character’s player fails to get enough successes on the (Wits + Awareness) roll to notice the attack coming, the Scion instinctively defends herself with double her highest applicable DV. The character cannot preemptively attack her attacker or even shout out a warning to her comrades, as she’s reacting to an attack that’s already taking place, but she is much more likely to dodge or parry that attack. Nonetheless, the character cannot actually join battle herself until everyone else does after the unexpected attack is resolved.

PURVIEWS
Purview:  Itzli
  • Maguey Sting - Once per day you can shed 1L worth of your own blood in exchange for a single point of Legend
Purview:  Magic
  • Bad Penny - By tugging on the threads that bind an item to the world, the Scion with this boon may wrap them loosely around living things, creating temporary but powerful links between the object and his target. When he spends the requisite cost, the Scion creates a small,
    temporary Fatebond from an object to his target; thereafter, that object constantly turns up wherever his target may be no matter how unlikely such an occurrence might be, seeming to follow her everywhere she goes to provide a ready source of help or a terrifying reminder of the Scion’s power. The only way to prevent the spell from functioning is to completely destroy the object, but even then any debris or constituent
    parts from it may still be found without warning. The Scion may also bind items to himself in order to make sure that he cannot lose them for long, but he may only use this boon on items weighing less than 25 pounds. The spell lasts for a number of days equal to the Scion’s successes, after which the item is no longer connected and ceases to coincidentally turn up in places it should not.
Purview:  Guardian
  • Vigil Brand - Dice Pool: Perception + Empathy (to check up)
    Cost: 1 Legend (to brand)
    The Scion touches a person, an object or the entrance to a location and lays a mystical brand there that marks that subject as being under her protection. (Doing so costs one Legend.) Thereafter, whenever that subject is in physical danger (as determined by the Storyteller), the Scion receives a reflexive intuition to that effect. Should her player then succeed on a (Perception + Empathy) roll, she gains a clearer understanding of the subject’s condition, location and current situation.

The Scion can also use this Boon to check up on a subject at any time, but only one subject at a time. A Scion cannot brand herself with this Boon, but she can brand as many other subjects as she pleases. A subject can be branded by more than one Scion at the same time. Each brand is unique to the Scion who made it.
Purview:  War
  • Blessing of Bravery - Intoning a benediction over a person or group prepared to engage in battle, every character on your side of the conflict who hears the benediction gains a point of Willpower as well as two temporary bonus dots of Valor that last until the battle ends.

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Itzli's Blood (2) - Magic, Guardian
    A small stud gold earring with a dark red, almost black jewel that seems at times to have its own inner fire.
  • Huitzilopochtli's Legion (1) - War
    Small gold barbell, currently through Mat's left nipple, a tiny scene on each ball depict Aztecs waging war.
  • The Atzlanti Blade (3) - As Flail: -1 Speed, +Legend to Dex+Melee, can call it to hand from anywhere
    This oversized version of a maquahuitl is 6' long and is wider than a broadsword. The weapon's long haft is an unknown wood of the same dark red color as Mateo's earring, and several large pieces of razer-sharp obsidian extrude from it near the end.
  • Yaguarete's Skin aka Mat's Cool Clothes (3) - Enchanted Jaguar skin as Bulletproof Vest: Can change shape to any clothing, +1 to DVs, +1/+1 to Soak
  • Lifesblood Chalice(3) - Double the Legend award given by an Itzli Boon if the blood resulting from the ritual is placed within.
    A small, bronze cup carved with intricate designs of Huitzilopochtli
    • Fire's Rebirth (2) - Knife as Hadseax - +Legend to Dex+Thrown, Can be commander to fly back to its owner's hand
      Knife made of fire opal in a tattered leather sheath

Attacks:

Clinch; Accuracy: 6+1, Damage: 5+1B, Speed: 6; Piercing
    Unarmed, Heavy; Accuracy: 5+1, Dmg 8+1B, Parry DV: 2.5, Speed 5
    Unarmed, Light; Accuracy: 7+1, Dmg 5+1B, Parry DV: 4, Speed 4
    Atzlanti Blade; Accuracy: 11+1, Dmg 10+1B/L, Parry DV: 7 (8 with skin), Speed 4
    Fire's Rebirth; Accuracy: 11+1, Dmg 6+1L, Speed 4

Join Battle: 5+1
    Soak: 5B/3L/1A, 8B/6L/1A with Jaguar Skin
    Dodge DV: 7, 8 with skin; Parry DV: 6, 7 with skin
    Movement: 6; Dash: 13; Climb/Swim Speed: 2.5/3
    Vertical Jump: 8; Horizontal Jump: 16
    Weight capacity: 507lbs

Bonus Points:
    9 - Birthrights
    5 - +1 Attributes
    1 - +1 Ability

HairyHeretic

Name: Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez
Calling: Grey Caballero
Nature: Bravo
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual
Pantheon:  Tuatha de Dannan
God: Manannan Mac Lir
Nationality: Brazilian
Date of birth: March 1st, 1988

Motivation: Oppose the Eternal Reich organisation
Deific goal: Hasn't thought that far ahead

Height: 5'11
Weight: Average
Hair colour: Black
Eye colour: Hazel
Distinguishing features: Two bullet wound scars on his chest
Appearance: See pic
Face claim: Antonio Banderas

Personality: Ramirez considers himself a Caballero of the old school, trying his best to be polite and charming (particularly towards the ladies), and one who enjoys the finer things in life (when available). Other's might less charitably describe him as cocky, lecherous and sharp tongued, but as a gentleman he could not possibly comment on the doubtless jealousy inspired rantings of less cultured individuals. He is loyal to his friends, generous when he can be, and tries his best to avoid trouble .. not that it generally gives him much choice in the matter.

Family: Mother - Maria (59), Older brother - Gabriel (37, runs the family business), Older sister - Jessica (31, works in Marketing for Google), Step Father - Raphael Ortega (60)
Friends and allies: Assorted contacts scattered over South East Asia, in the grey markets. Most of his close friends and allies (his crew) were lost when he was almost killed, and he hasn't been able to find out the fates of the rest.
Rivals and enemies: Skorzeny (first name unknown) - Neo Nazi, possible 'werewolf', and cause of the bullet scars in Ramirez chest.
Background: Ramírez was born into a wealthy cattle ranching family in Brazil. Growing up he was told his father had been a sailor, a captain whose ship was lost years before in the Devil's Triangle, though little was said and the topic quickly changed. As he grew older he caught snippits of conversations indicating his father had simply been a sailor that had seduced his mother and left, though such was never said to his face.

It seemed that the sea might claim him too, as he seemed always to feel it's pull, and at 17 he ran away from home, joining a merchant ship crew, determined to find his father, or what had happened to him.

Ten years later, he had sailed around a fair portion of the world, though most of the time was spent between the Bay of Bengal and the Sea of Japan. He had ended up involved in the grey markets, smuggling goods, information and occasionally people around South East Asia, with connections in what seemed like every port. He ran a few jobs for a Swiss businessman in Singapore, a collector of antiquities with an eye for strange, old bits and pieces.

Visitation:Ramírez never knew quite what it was that he delivered that last time. Some odd statuette, whatever it was it seemed to produce unearthly excitement from his buyer. Unfortunately it also produced automatic pistols from the businessman's bodyguards, and his crew being systematically cut down. Ramírez himself went overboard from his vessel, two bullets in his chest, the last word he heard werewolf.

Death did not claim him, as he sank into the dark water. Instead something seemed to explode within his head, a voice, or the memory of a voice, telling him that he was a son of the oceans, and the water would always be his. His head cleared and he found he could breathe as easily under the water as above it, and swim as fast as he could run. He made his way back to shore on Sentosa Island, a tall, bearded man stepping out the trees and introducing himself as his father.

The two spoke long into the night, and as the dawn sun rose, Ramírez found himself in a much stranger world than he had the day before. It wasn't easy to find out you were the son of an Irish sea-God, after all. Still, with his newfound knowledge and powers, he was in a much better position to take on these 'werewolves'. They started this ... he'd finish it.

His father told him that he had other duties to attend to first though, and the following dawn saw him in San Francisco.

Likes: A challenge (particularly when it comes to women), the finer things when it comes to food, drink, clothing etc, soaking in the bath
Dislikes: Ill mannered behaviour, bigots, stupidity.
Hobbies: Music, reading, dancing, flirting, martial arts
Fears and phobias: Slight claustrophobia, worse underground, stemming from an incident as a child when he got lost in a cave complex.
ONs and OFFs: As player

Willpower: 6

Experience (spent):
Experience (unspent):
Experience (total):

Virtues:
Courage : 2
Expression: 3
Intellect: 3
Piety: 1

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  2 (0)
Dexterity  4 (1)
Stamina  2 (1)

Charisma  3 (0)
Manipulation  3 (1)
Appearance  3 (0)

Perception  4 (1)
Intelligence  4 (1)
Wits  3 (1)

ABILITIES

Academics  1
Animal Ken  0
Art  2 (Music, Storytelling)
Athletics  4
Awareness  2
Brawl  2
Command  0
Control  2 (Ships, Cars)

Craft  0
Empathy  1
Fortitude  2
Integrity  3
Investigation  2
Larceny  2
Marksmanship  3
Medicine  1

Melee  1
Occult  2
Politics  1
Presence  2
Science  0
Stealth  1
Survival  1
Thrown  0

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
Epic Attribute:  #
  • Untouchable Opponent - As active and quick as a mirage, the Scion with this Knack is extraordinarily difficult to hit, being too limber and well-practiced in dodging to strike without a great deal of effort; even those who do manage to strike her seldom do more than wing her as they go by.
  • Body armour - The Scion with this Knack has learned to harness the toughness inherent in his divine ichor, hardening his skin so thoroughly that he may parry any attack with his body instead of requiring a weapon or shield to do so.
  • Broad Spectrum Recognition - The Scion with this Knack can extend her senses far beyond the normal pale of humanity. By spending the requisite cost, she opens her awareness to those sensations normally noticeable only by machines and sensitive animals..
  • Language Mastery - Once he has heard a few sentences of an unfamiliar language, the Scion with this Knack is able to gain full, fluent knowledge of it, suddenly able to speak it as if he were a native.
  • Takes One to Know one - The Scion with this Knack is a liar through and through, and consequently always knows instinctively when she is being lied to, no matter how skillfully the liar obscures their deception.
  • Social Chameleon - While the Scion with this Knack can't really fake his way through everything he encounters, he can at least manage to do a good enough job to avoid notice if he puts some effort into it. As long as he makes a reasonable attempt (dressing the part, copying the lingo, etc.), he may blend in and go unnoticed in most social situations, just another face in the crowd.

PURVIEWS
Purview:  #
  • Brehon's Eye - Enoch 1 - The Scion with this Boon may use it to perceive past the normal mortal realm, judging the very soul and honor of her target.
  • Favor of the Waves - Water 1 - The comforting embrace of water is a second home to the Scion with this boon, who moves about in it as freely as others might move in air.
  • Water Breathing - Water 1 - The Scion need never fear drowning, and she is no longer affected by extremes of water temperature. She can breathe water as easily as air, and she is neither scalded by boiling water nor subject to debilitating frostbite from ice.
  • Unlidded Eye - Magic 1 - The Scion with this boon is able to open his perceptions to stimuli far beyond the normal ken of mortals, becoming able to see magic and even the footsteps of Fate itself as he chooses.

His Hero's Geas has already been Fated, to protect the Chinatown in San Francisco.

How did the son of an Irish Sea God end up with such a strange Geas? Ah, that is a long story, my friend. Come, pull up a chair and let me tell you.

Story
"I say ... have you seen my dragon?"

As conversation starters went, that was a new line on Ramirez, even in the now much stranger world he found himself in. He paused with his coffee cup raised to his mouth, and turned his attention to the source of the somewhat outlandish remark.

The man who stood before him was old, perhaps in his 70s or even 80s, with skin that showed a lot of exposure to the elements. His beard and what remained of his hair was grey and scraggly, and neither appeared to have more than a casual relationship with a comb in some time. The bright red smoking jacket he wore had also seen better days.

"Yes, I ... I seem to have misplaced her." the old man continued, smiling warmly at him. "She shouldn't go wandering off on her own you know, she's quite small." He held up his hand, thumb and forefinger perhaps an inch apart. "Except when she isn't of course." He blinked a few times, looking around the coffee house and shouted out. "LUNG QIUYUE! If you don't get back here this instant I shall be most perturbed." His outburst drew puzzled looks from most of those sitting around, and an irritated one from the owner.

Perhaps if I ignore him he'll go away and find someone else. Ramirez thought, a hope that was quickly dashed as the old man sat down opposite and began to help himself to Ramirez's breakfast.

"You can help me find her." he muttered around a mouthful of warm, buttery toast. "You're more real. Not like those others. Yes, you're real and all tangled up in string and her string and your string and this toast."

Ramirez's brow furrowed as crumbs of toast sprayed over his shirt, and suppressed a sigh. He fished a few small denomination notes out of his pocket and set them onto the saucer his coffee had rested on. Noting the dirty look the owner was giving, he added a couple more to be on the safe side and then rose. "Come along, Grandfather." he said, resignedly. "Let's go see if we can't find your dragon."

The old man led Ramirez through the streets, backstreets and alleys, without apparent direction. Ramirez was fairly certain they'd crossed their own path at least three times, though the buildings didn't look quite similar enough that he could be sure. The old man seemed to fall into the role of tour guide, pointing out places and naming names that probably would have meant something to someone with a familiarity of the city .. or might just be pulled straight from the depths of his imagination. After about ten minutes and several false starts. Ramirez actually got a question of his own through in return.

"So, who are you anyway? You have a name?"

The old man paused, a puzzled expression on his face, before breaking into a smile. "Oh, of course, you're a foreigner aren't you? Well, naturally you wouldn't know who I am. I'm the Emperor. Of the United States." he added helpfully, seeing the look that passed across Ramirez own face.

"Forgive me for asking, but I was under the impression that the United States had a President, not an Emperor." replied Ramirez, cocking his head slightly to the side.

"Oh, we do, we do." the old man replied. "I leave him to take care of all the day to day stuff while I look after what is really important. An Emperor has a duty to his subjects after all."

"Naturally." replied Ramirez, shaking his head slightly as the old man's gaze wandered off.

"Ah, here we are." he said, reaching down and lifting a rusty metal hatch. Without waiting, he descended the circular iron stairwell below, an echoing "Come along, come along."

Ramirez paused at the entrance to the cellar, or whatever it might be, for a few long moments, before giving his head a shake and following the old man down. He'd probably do himself a mischief down there, and he'd need someone to get him back out.

By the time Ramirez's eyes had adjust to the dim lighting, the old man was on the ground, in a room that looked like it had been abandoned since the 50's .. possibly the 1850s. The Emperor led the way across the room, pausing to exchange his red jacket for an equally threadbare blue one, topping the entire ensemble off with what looked like a slightly fuzzy top hat with a massive feather sticking out of it.

He settled onto a slightly unstable looking barbers chair against one wall, and beckoned Ramirez forwards. "You remind me of Pedro." he announced. "It's the accent I think. Or possibly the toast. Yes, definitely the toast. Most kind of you to entertain me thusly, so few remember their duty. You're different though. You know duty. A duty. The duty." His eyes unfocused for a moment before snapping back to Ramirez as he approached. "Yes, you know the duty, don't you?"

"I know what my duty is." Ramirez replied, thinking to a dark night lit by muzzle flashes and screams.

"Your duty? Excellent." the old man announced, drawing Ramirez attention back to him as he fumbled beneath his jacket, drawing out something on a leather thong that glinted as it spun. "It is right that those who offer to us unbroken fidelity should be protected by our aid. And since such and such a faithful one of ours, coming here in our palace with his arms, has seen fit to swear trust and fidelity to us in our hand, therefore we decree and command by the present precept that for the future such and such above mentioned be counted with the number of antrustions." He stepped forwards and draped the somewhat grimy leather thong over Ramirez's head, what looked like an old Chinese coin made from red jade hanging against his chest. "The duty is now yours."

"Hold on." said Ramirez, lifting the coin and looking at the strange characters embossed on it. "What duty are you talking about?"

"The duty of every Emperor is to protect his subjects." the old man replied, smiling. "Look at the toast. No, strings, yes, strings. The fief has accepted you." His head turned towards the still open hatch, and he fell backwards like a puppet with the strings cut.

"Wait, what, no?" Ramirez snapped, dropping to try and catch the old man before he hit the ground. His fingers moved to the old man's throat, looking for a pulse. "Shit!" he exclaimed, setting the old man down, and starting what he remembered of CPR. After a couple of minutes he stopped, closing the old man's eyes.

"I pray that you will have the blessing of being consoled. May you know in your soul that there is no need to be afraid. May you be given every blessing and shelter that you need. May there be a beautiful welcome for you in the home that you are going to. You are not going somewhere strange. You are going back to the home that you never left. May you be peaceful and happy and in the presence of those who really care for you. May your going be sheltered and your welcome assured. May your soul smile in the embrace of your anam cara." he murmured, straightening up and lifting the necklace off to look at it.

He looked down at the body beside him and shook his head. "This has been a very strange day." he murmured.

"NO!"

His head spun round towards the source of the shout. Halfway down the stairs was one of the most beautiful Chinese women he had ever set eyes on. Her eyes moved from the body to the necklace he held and her face contorted in rage. She hurtled off the stairwell and came straight at Ramirez, fist drawn back. "Wait, it's not like that." he said, holding up his hands to ward her off. Those were the only words he managed, the next two or three hours, or possibly just minutes, spent dodging, ducking and weaving, trying to avoid a variety of punches and kicks that seemed intent on removing assorted parts of his body.

The woman spun away at the last, breathing hard, and glaring daggers at him. She had positioned herself between him and exit, intent on keeping him from leaving, despite his attempts to calm her down.

Ramirez was breathing just as heavily, and he shook his head at the strange woman. "Look, if you'd stop trying to kill me for just one minute, I can explain."

She glared at him again, drawing in a deep breath, and opened her mouth. Instead of the expected scream, what came out of her mouth was water, hitting Ramirez like a high pressure hose and knocking him back against the far wall. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me." he gasped as the room rapidly filled with water.

It appeared the woman expected this to give her an advantage, as she came towards him through the water like an angry torpedo. The expression on her face when Ramirez continued to dodge, apparently as unencumbered by the change in terrain as she was made him grin, which seemed to infuriate her all the more.

Just as suddenly as she started, she stopped, the water draining away as she fixed her gaze on apparently empty space near the now overturned barbers chair. Ramirez was familiar with most of the languages of South East Asia, but whatever dialect of Chinese she was speaking, it wasn't one he knew. Elements of it seemed almost familiar, as if he had known them once, but lost them through disuse. Her tone, angry glares and gestures in his direction indicated she wasn't exactly happy with the situation, as far as a one sided conversation with empty air could be interpreted.

Ramirez remained where he was, ready to start dodging again if this was some bizarre trick. After another minute or two she turned towards him, straightening an incredulous expression.

"It seems that .. I may .. owe you an apology." she said haltingly. "I have been informed that you .." and that single word contained such depth of disdain that Ramirez almost stepped back from her "Have accepted the duty to protect this fang alongside me, as one far more worthy than you has now passed on."

Ramirez opened his mouth to dispute this, to explain that it was all some kind of mistake, but it seemed the words would not come. Instead he felt himself nodding, and an echo of his fathers voice coming from his mouth. "Aye. As it was, so it is, and shall be."

Right then he couldn't tell who was the more confused, but he felt the oath settle into his bones, and something inside of him sang.

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Old jade coin on a leather thong (Relic 3) - Moon, Guardian purview, Vigil Brand on the Chinatown Gate
  • Silver Ring (Relic 3) - Death, Water, Magic Purviews
  • Twin automatic pistols (Relic 3) - Indestructable, unlimited ammo, remain 'elsewhere' til needed

Attacks:

Clinch; Accuracy:, Damage: B, Speed: ; Piercing
Unarmed, Heavy; Accuracy:, Dmg B, Parry DV: , Speed
Unarmed, Light; Accuracy:, Dmg B, Parry DV: , Speed
Relic pistols: Acc: +1, Dam: +3L, Range: 20, Speed: 4, P

Join Battle: 5 (+1 auto)
Soak: B/L 3/2
Dodge DV: 6 ; Parry DV: 4 (unarmed)
Movement: ; Dash: ; Climb/Swim Speed:
Vertical Jump: ; Horizontal Jump:
Weight capacity: