Formatting question

Started by Blinkin, December 08, 2016, 09:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Hello All, I think my question is a fairly simple one, I just can't figure out how to make it work.

I have a formatted header for sections in my request thread that follows...

Spy On The Wall

What I want to do is to turn this into a spoiler, but nothing that I try seems to work. So, anyone know where to put the spoiler tag in the line so that I can enter text, then close the spoiler and not show half of the formatting?

Confused yet? ;)

Thanks
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Nico

I don't think you can use any formatting on the spoilers. I've tried but it never worked. Just normal text.

Beguile's Mistress

*nods*

The formatting (brackets) for the header breaks the formatting for the Spoiler when it is inserted into the Spoiler code.

Blinkin

Well... that sucks. *chuckles*

Thanks for confirming my fear. I'll have to just do a spoiler outside of it, even it wouldn't look as good.

Thanks.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Nico

Thesunmaid

They have a tutorial for formats...i don't know if it would help you..but here is the thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114574.0

I am afraid my knowledge of coding is a bit dismal but hey if it helps yay.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

AmberStarfire

Like this?

Spy on the Wall
Spy On The Wall...
Normal text goes here

[center][spoiler=Spy on the Wall][font=century gothic][color=blue][size=18pt]Spy On The Wall...[/size][/color][/font]
Normal text goes here[/spoiler][/center]

Blinkin

Not exactly what I was looking for; I wanted to keep the formatting in the spoiler as opposed to in the text, but it's a step. Thanks.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

AmberStarfire

You won't be able to change the visual look of the spoiler box (the part you click on). It's determined by the CSS of the spoiler tag that's specific to each theme. I know because I coded a bunch of the themes and altered the spoiler coding to match. It will look different depending on which theme someone is using. (Although the text should remain fairly basic across all of them I think).