Caravanserai [Whitesand Moonrock Observatory]

Started by Flower, July 09, 2018, 08:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Caravanserai’s observatory was one of a kind. Though small, it offered a vast canvas of starlight in which to observe and marvel at. In order to reach its lounging area, one must walk through tight, ringed walls, composed entirely of brick, and up a few stairs. The passageway is tight so it only permits one person at a time rather than clusters of people.

Once one reaches the lounge area, they will find comfortable sitting and blankets if they become cold. An attendant stands at the ready to offer assistance if any is needed with the telescope. Binoculars are also available for viewing of the night sky. Handouts, detailing the basics of astronomy, will also be handed out to the observatory's visitors.

[float=left][img height=200 padding=10][/img][/float][b]Name:[/b] Your character's name goes here.
[b]Date | Time:[/b] What day and time does your scene take place?
[b]Wearing:[/b] You can either link a picture of what your character is wearing or describe it in words.
[b]Location:[/b] Where is your character located in the hotel?
[b]Tagging:[/b] Who is your character talking to at the moment? Feel free to include if they are mentioning someone. Also mention if your scene is open or closed.[hr]

Credit to Oxy for graphics

Flower

Star Light, Star Bright

Date: June 7, 8 pm - 10 pm
Wish I May. Wish I Might. Have The Wish. I Wish Tonight.

Guests are invited to enjoy a relaxing night underneath the eternal gaze of the stars. Walk down a sand covered path, set aglow by torchlight, and find yourself at our handmade observatory. Here, the night is filled with the whispers of wind against sand along with light classical music played from unseen speakers.

Day passed into night at Caravanserai. All around the hotel, guests explored its vast offerings. Some took refuge from the sun in its cool pools while others relished the heat, bathing in its warmth.

Newer guests would learn that Caravanserai remained just as active in its nighttime offerings. While the previous night highlighted an evening of concealed identities, tonight featured a rather laid-back event in comparison.

Caravanserai’s observatory was one of a kind. Though small, it offered a vast canvas of starlight in which to observe and marvel at. In order to reach its lounging area, one must walk through tight, ringed walls, composed entirely of brick, and up a few stairs. The passageway is tight so it only permits one person at a time rather than clusters of people.

Once one reaches the lounge area, they will find comfortable sitting and blankets if they become cold. An attendant stands at the ready to offer assistance if any is needed with the telescope. Binoculars are also available for viewing of the night sky. Handouts, detailing the basics of astronomy, will also be handed out to the observatory's visitors.

Strega

Name: Rafaela Camerino
Date | Time: June 7th, 8pm
Wearing: Simple Black Dress
Tagging: Open

No matter how spacious her suite could ever be, Rafaela would always feel like suffocating inside the concrete walls. She decided not to rest early tonight, even though the camel's gait still lingered all over her back, leaving a stiff sensation. She dressed up simply, just a plain black, silk dress, her hair styled in her usual garcon cupe and her dramatic black outline on her eyes, a habit she inherited from her stage years and could not get rid of.

She knew where the observatory was after studying the leaflet and she thought it would be lovely to experience such an extraordinary view of the stars amidst the vast desert . She walked through the ringed walls, just after a dimly lit passage adorned in exotic greenery and climbed up a few stairs in order to get there. She smiled politely to the assistant declining both his help and the astronomy handouts he was kindly offering her.

She strolled to the edge of the small observatory, and leaned on the brick ledge with her elbows resting on it. There was no one here yet. She gazed at the marvel overhead. Her eyes had a tint of a dream in them and they twinkled like the millions of stars above did. Unconsciously, she begun humming one of her favorite arias:

Che gelida manina,
se la lasci riscaldar.
Cercar che giova?

Al buio non si trova.

Ma per fortuna
é una notte di luna,
e qui la luna
labbiamo vicina.

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Wearing: As pictured plus flowery maxi skirt and sandals.
Tagging: Rafaela, open

Normally being Becky was a great decision to make in the morning. Why be someone else when I can be me, Sober Becky often asked herself. But this morning, Sober Becky had to deal with the ramifications of letting Drunk Becky take over last night, and Sober Becky was frankly having none of it.

As a result Becky had laid in bed most of the day, drinking water, eating greasy cheesy things from room service and giggling at shows that weren't likely meant to be funny as they played on the giant tv in her room.

Toward the end of the day, Becky had had enough of that, thinking that she could be a lazy bum in a much cheaper bed, and rose to wander about the hotel grounds. Her style this evening was much simpler, although being Becky still took an hour or so to get ready, with a decently snug t-shirt that pronounced her love for the world, a flowing maxi-skirt that was extremely comfortable, and a pair of sandals that were about as close to going barefoot as she felt she could get away with. Tucking her keycard and phone into her bra, where they fit very easily, and deciding she didn't need anything else, she wandered out of her room about as happy go lucky as a girl could be, noticing it was already dark outside. Well, you know, who needed daylight?

She found she was just in time to wander to the observatory and stare at the stars. Now this was the sort of learning experience she was here for, she decided, and happily swayed her way to the narrow corridors (not something a Becky particularly enjoys dealing with, given how tight spaces tend to get much tighter when one is built like Becky), and finally emerged triumphantly in the much cozier looking lounge area.

"oooooh" she ooohed appreciatively and took a pamphlet and a blanket, wrapping it around her shoulders as she stared up at the night sky.

She heard a voice softly singing and wandered towards it, drawn as she tended to be to pretty things she smiled as the woman stopped singing.

Becky clapped her hands together softly. "Yayyy!" She whispered, feeling like she was in a library and not wanting to disturb people. "That was really pretty are you like a professional?" She said, already chatty. "Hi I'm Becky!" She extended a hand with a cheerful smile.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Strega

Tagging: Becky, Open

Rafaela was so drawn into the aria that she never realized someone had joined her in the observatory as well.

A soft clap of hands cut the thread of her daydream and she turn slowly around, following its sound. A stunning young woman was looking at her smiling cheerfully and extended her hand, saying her name was Becky. Her body language, her joy and youth were contradicting the almost lifeless demeanor of the former soprano. She reminded her of herself when she was younger and she felt a light fluttering inside of her.

Rafaela smiled back a contained smile that could not be compared to the beautiful woman's. She took her hand lightly into hers, and used the other one as well to cup it. Becky was warm both on the inside and the outside.

"Piacere, Becky. I am Rafaela. Not really, cara mia. I just love singing."

She smoothly let go of Becky's hand and resumed her stargazing. She addressed the young woman again, with a dreamy voice.

"The stars are lovely tonight, aren't they?"

With her eyes always at the sky, she asked Becky with a small smile;

"What song would you choose to dedicate to the stars tonight, Becky?"

RedPhoenix

Wow, this woman had a sexy voice, made all the moreso by how deftly that beautiful language danced out of it. Becky found herself less in need of her blanket than she'd anticipated.

"Yeah." She said glancing up. "They really are." She smiled at them. "It reminds me of home." She spoke wistfully, her simple country girl twang coming out as memories of lying in fields or on the hoods of cars and staring up at the stars came back to her. "You can't see any of this in L.A." She said, obviously just one of several issues she had with the city. "And I've been stuck there so long I almost forgot how when I was little I could see how dang pretty the sky is." She sighed happily, letting the memories and the beauty of it all wash over her for a moment.

At the next question though, Becky winced and leaned in a little, whispering as she glanced about as if Rafaela had just mentioned a deformity of hers. "Sweetie I'm American I don't know anything about actual art." She explained with an embarrassed whisper. Normally she'd proudly announce her love of Disney music and overly produced syrupy garbage but next to this woman who could actually sing in such a beautiful language she'd feel like the kid who rode the short bus expressing her musical tastes. "I think it's better if you pick." She said giving a cheesy grin.

Strega

"L.A. huh? I have lived in L.A. as well, for a few months and I know what you mean.
I grew up in a small south Italian village myself. Stars flooded the sky there like millions of fireflies. This night sky reminds me of home."

Rafaela sighed, a smile of reminiscence carved her lips. When was the last time she thought of her humble origins?
It seemed to her like this night sky was casting a spell on her and she fell lighter.

She turned her head slightly to face Becky again. She thought she sensed a flicker of... she wasn't sure but a little of negative aura, too subtle though since the young woman was the epitome of joy.

"Cara mia, art is in the most trivial of things. This starry sky is pure art. This oasis in the middle of this barren land is art. The desert itself is art. Us, two strangers meeting for the first time and talking like friends is art."

She was now looking at Becky's face with a gaze distant, yet focused, meaning every word she would say;

"You are art yourself, never allow anyone to claim anything different. And you owe me a song.", she added smiling.

RedPhoenix

Becky's mouth hung open a little at the second dose of cara mia. It was about the prettiest thing she'd ever heard and damn if it didn't put her in a mood to do something other than look at the stars! She couldn't take much more of that!

She swallowed. "Well ah," She said, a little out of sorts, gawking at Rafaela like she'd just emerged from the ocean and pronounced herself the goddess of love, "I ah," oh no, she couldn't admit it, it was just too silly and awkward and low class for this dazzling beauty. Quick! Think of something classy. Fuck! I don't know anything classy! Okay, how about just not from a cartoon movie? Nope! Nothing there either. Dammit.

"'A Whole New World' from Aladdin." She said, wincing and closing her eyes as if afraid to be struck by the woman for the foolishness of her answer.

Strega

Rafaela was now looking at Becky with wide eyes. That was an answer she did not anticipate. That particular song unearthed some treasured memories from more than a decade ago. She smiled, a smile wider than usual.

"What a fitting song!"

She closed her eyes and hummed the song's melody, before she started singing softly with her usual operatic style but a little milder now and not too dramatic:

Il mondo è tuo
con quelle stelle puoi giocar
nessuno ti dirà
che non si fa
è un mondo tuo per sempre

She opened up her eyes again, an expression of momentary happiness on her face.

"I am afraid I only know the Italian version of the song. I used to sing it to my niece every day, it was her favourite. But it has been so many years since I last sang with her, she must be a grown up little miss by now."

She looked at Becky now with gratitude. This young woman rippled the still waters of her being in just a few minutes.

"Thank you for the memories, signorina Becky. I had not realized how much I needed them."

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 7 June 2020, 9 pm or so 
Wearing: As pictured
Tagging: Becky, Rafaela

Joseph Edwards had been in his suite since about six, bored. He had money and a residency in a lavish oasis...and he was bored. Getting up at 7 after flipping channels uselessly, he decided to go to the Observatory. As he dressed, the thought of James Dean crossed his mind.

Arriving at the Observatory a bit later, Joseph found Becky with the woman he had seen in the lobby that morning. He hadn't thought to get her name, but hearing her voice told him that she used to be in the Opera in some fashion. Waiting for a break in the words, Joseph would only come into the conversation after he was sure it wouldn't have been rude.

RedPhoenix

Becky had put a hand to her chest now, she seriously felt like she might swoon.

"Well that's about the best thing I've ever heard." She said to the woman with a very enthusiastic smile, fanning herself only sort of ironically. "I'm kinda relieved you even knew what I was talking about, and then didn't burst out laughing." She chuckled herself shaking her head. "But wow, you even sang it too."

She found herself in need of a distraction before she babbled and found one as she glanced up the stars. "So do you all believe in star signs over in Italy?" She glanced up looking for her constellation, not finding it right away. "I'm a Taurus." She said as if there was an implied 'duh' at the end of it.

Strega

Date | Time: June 7th, 9pm
Tagging: Becky, Joseph, Open

Rafaela chuckled with Becky's remark and overjoyed reaction. Her posture was more relaxed now, an elbow resting on the ledge and both her hands connected, her fingers entangled. She answered to Becky's comment lightheartedly.

"I am not an alien, cara mia! I almost feel insulted!"

Becky averted her gaze and locked her eyes on the stars, asking her about her starsign.

"We do. I am a Capricorn myself, but I do not know any more than that. Could you enlighten me, please?"

Rafaela spotted movement from the stairs leading up to the observatory. A man in a black, sharp suit was making his way towards them and for a moment their eyes met. She greeted him with courtesy and a subtle smile, her laid back conversation with Becky had relaxed her.

"Buonasera."

LocusVonErich

"And a good evening to you as well. Sorry, my Italian is not exactly what you'd call...existent." Joseph would laugh at the quip made at his own expense. "As far as those star signs go, it's a racket. 'Good Day, [insert sign here], you are [basic human trait]', they print in the newspapers in blurbs by the Dear Abby column. Sorry, my momma bought heavily into that sort of thing to justify her behavior." His own American Southern lilt appeared in his miniature rant, especially in reference to his matriarch. "Would you care to make introductions, Miss Becky?"

RedPhoenix

Becky smiled at Rafaela and was about to happily answer her questions but then Jospeh had to interrupt with his know-it-all-isms. She sighed and closed her eyes, feeling a headache forming already.

"This is Rafaela," she gestured towards the woman, "Rafaela this is Joseph, if you ever don't want to hear his opinion on something he'll gladly give it." She said a bit snidely.

"Anyway," she said emphasizing the word, "Capricorns focus on their careers, they want to scale to great heights and push themselves hard to do it." She smiled at Rafaela. "Seems like it fits you pretty well." She said. There was something about the woman that said she was unfulfilled yet had done things that many would consider their goals and then some, a sort of mix of accomplishment and frustration that you'd never find in someone like Becky. "Us Tauruses on the other hand we do the same but when it comes to love. I guess that explains why I'm divorced my standards are just too darn high." She said with a tone that made it very clear she didn't really think she was the problem.

"Now if you and me were to start dating." She said with a twinkle in her eye. "It would go well at first because we don't really like to take risks, we like nice things, and we'd feel safe with each other. But then it would get boring, see you'd think I was lazy and I'd think you were too high strung. It would only work if I could convince you to be happy with what you've already got and you could convince me to actually take a chance and go after something career wise." Becky laughed a little, "Which I'm just gonna say now, good luck with that." Yeah that wasn't happening, Becky knew herself too well.

She sighed melodramatically, shaking her head. Their marriage was over before it had begun. Such tragedy.

She paused then idly added, glancing up 'innocently' as she did. "We make for a great casual fling though." She glanced back as if she'd just been asked for further explanation. "Oh no, really." She smiled. "Us Tauruses are very good at helping you Capricorns learn to take a break and appreciate what's around you."

She glanced up at the stars, and the natural beauty of the observatory. "Which you know, if you don't mind me saying, seems like something you could use." She grinned at the woman, playful, friendly, and inviting all at once. "Unless you know, you think all that sounds like a 'racket'." She said smugly.

Strega

Rafaela was looking at both Joseph and Becky now, feeling a hint of "bad energy" between them, at least from Becky's side. That girl was too straightforward. She was eyeing Joseph in an attempt to decipher his expression. Was he insulted by that or they were some sort of... friends?

"Piacere, signore Joseph."

Seeing as Becky was about to start a lecture regarding star signs, she felt a little uneasy on Joseph's behalf but could not be rude to either of them, so her glances were divided to both and not solemnly on Becky. She listend to the young woman with enthusiasm, as she appeared to be really into astrology and chuckled softly as she was already dooming a possible relationship between them.

"I think that you have already helped me take a break and appreciate what is around me, signora Becky.", she said with a small smile curling her lips.

"You are very knowledgeable on this subject! What about signore Joseph's star sign?"

LocusVonErich

Joseph would let out a snide chuckle in response to her comment. It wasn't completely wrong. "Maybe if I walk around as the Phantom, I won't be as subject to Miss Becky's barbs." His own return salvo had a bit of jest underlying it's snide reach. "The twelfth of October, Miss Becky. What's my sign?" This line was delivered without sarcasm, as he was legitimately curious as to her interpretation.

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Rafaela, Joseph, open

To Rafaela she smiled, "You're very welcome." She said simply.

Becky gave Joseph a friendly grin. "Oh I'll always barb you." She said with a fond smile, resisting the urge to reach out and ruffle his hair.

"He's a Libra." She said simply, smiling at the man as she astrologically examined him, speaking aside to Rafaela as if giving her tips on him. "He's a peacekeeper. He wants balance, or maybe justice, depending on how you see it." She smiled a little. "He's looking for a lifelong mate, even if he doesn't realize it. And once he finds her he'll do anything for her."

She cocked her head to one side, "How'd I do?"

LocusVonErich

"Maybe that makes me a masochist then." Joseph replied as while her ideas of him liking justice and all that jazz were not so far off, the lifelong mate thing was against his style. Women were a pursuit to him, not a passion. His musical work was his greatest passion, and to him, love could never be a magnum opus.

Strega

"My first husband was a Libra. But I hardly remember any of our life together in order to test the accuracy of your words."

Rafaela, felt amused by Becky's proud lectures on zodiac signs and personality unraveling. Joseph on the other hand was a different thing. He was looking kind of distant and not genuinely friendly, at least to her eyes. But it has been years since she had last casualy chatted with anyone other than her very few close friends and she did not trust herself to be a good judge of character.

"Why would it be masochistic to be looking for a life partner?"

LocusVonErich

"Because there's no such thing. Men and women are fleeting at best. Love is not and cannot be a magnum opus." Joseph responded earnestly. "As much as you try...we are all but ships in the night. And we're all sailing rudderlessly, Miss Rafaela." Yikes, that felt a bit darker than he had hoped.

RedPhoenix

Becky winced. "Oooh yeah. Libra and Capricorn don't mix well at all." She shook her head. "Not surprising."

She listened to Joseph's dark ramblings with a roll of her eyes. The man really was a buzzkill at times. "See, he's off balance. He hasn't found his mate yet. And the process has been painful." She concluded. "So he's concluded that it's impossible for everyone to spare himself the pain of trying again." She shrugged. "A lot of people do that."

Strega

"Magnus opus... Quite a grand way to diminish someone's desire for love. And you are talking to someone who has been married 3 times herself."

Rafaela looked at Betty now, her remark about a second chance gave her the impression that the young woman had already tasted a first bitter pill of marriage life. She knew perfectly well how that felt, especially if you had made the mistake to tie the knot young.

"My first husband was insufferable, but I was too young, too much in love and he was my one way ticket out to the life I was able to lead later. Thanks to him I was able to pursuit my dream and cultivate the only gift I was blessed with. It turns out that this is the only thing I am grateful to him. Otherwise he was just a... how do you say that in the US?"

She faux thought of the word for a little, a sarcastic little smile on her face.

"A total dick, that's the word. But I never stopped giving second chances to love."

She turned to Joseph again, her style laid back but her words iron willed. She was thinking of all the dramatic heroines she incarnated in all the opera plays. Love's turmoil, love's victory, love's doom. Everything was about love, every verse ever sung, every poem ever written, every melody that was ever composed. People died for love and love could resurrect.

"Love is the most mystical of life forces. If money can make the world go round, I believe that love can make the world stop and turn the other way."

LocusVonErich

"I've had companions. I've laughed and loved. I've spent fifteen years writing songs for everyone else. I can't say that I've been able to marry, but that's my own fault. My life has been my work. It's not opera, but I've made something. I'm also a dick too." Joseph would self-depreciate and laugh. "Love may be powerful, but it's nothing compared to what passion. Without passion, love is impossible."

RedPhoenix

Becky was sympathetic as Rafaela spoke. "Yeah I know part of that story." She leaned and gave the woman a close, warm hug. "I'll tell you the rest of my version sometime." She meant when there weren't any men around, but didn't say it outloud.

"Well, I'm not really in the mood for dicks at the moment." She said, meaning it in every way possible. "I think I'm gonna find some tea." She glanced towards one of the attendants.

Strega

Rafaela was a little startled by Becky's directness and although she did not respond to her hug with the same warmth, she smiled at the gesture.

"If only my husbands told me that they were dicks from the start, they would have saved me half the trouble. And half my life.", she said at Joseph sarcastically and with a tint of sadness.

"Passion is nice, but it is only a flicker. It cannot keep your life warm, except momentarily."

She opened her purse, getting a cigarette and her silver lighter. She lit it up and inhaled once, looking at Joseph, intrigued by his involvement in music.

"And what kind of music do you compose, signore Joseph?"

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Becky, Rafaela, Open

"Whatever they needed of me, Miss Rafaela. I'm a session man, a Swiss Army Knife, a gun for hire. As Bo Diddley once said, "Have guitar, will travel"." Seeing her light a cigarette gave him the permission he felt he needed to light one of his own. The sweet smokiness of Caravanserai's cigarettes evoked luxury, he wondered if they grew tobacco on sight. "Nothing a high class lady of opera would necessarily enjoy, but quite a bit on the American Top 40 Charts." Whether it had been Alt, Pop, or Country, Joseph Edwards had definitely been behind a number of big hit songs for other artists, he had yet to compose his own major work.

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Open

Becky gave the two a wave and wandered off on her own, looking to enjoy the stars somewhere a bit more relaxing. She found a nice cup of warm tea, or gave one of the staff a big enough tip to get her one, and settled into one of the comfy seats she could find and stared up at the stars.

Strega

Rafaela waved back at Becky with a small smile and followed her with her eyes as she sat a little further from them at one of the comfortable chairs the observatory offered. She respected the need for solitude as it was her primary need as well and did not try to follow her or bring her back into the conversation with Joseph.

"I have less ties with opera right now than you probably have, signore Joseph. And it pains me to be treated like an opera deity. Music is music, regardless how many octaves fit into your vocal range."

She waved at an attendant nearby and asked for an ashtray.

"If someone would like to hear you playing, where would they find you?"

Peripherie

Name: Brielle "Breezy" Garin
Date | Time: June 7th, 8-9pm
Wearing: gray middriff sweater, plaid skirt, ankle boots, and always a hat

Taking a long relaxing hiatus in her room after the fun shenanigans of the ball, Breezy found her way up to the observation deck to ogle at the stars for a while. The desert weather at night turned much cooler as expected so she opted to cover up a tad more than her bikini or ball gown. She traded in her floppy beach hat for a knit beanie though it did little to contain the volume of her fiery hair. She had found the bar on her way up and was clutching a mug of spiked and spiced apple cider.

Stepping onto the roof she had to sigh - a dark sky full of stars expanded in all directions to the edges of her vision. Without clouds and so very little light pollution beyond the resort itself, the night glittered and sparkled. Breezy had enjoyed the drama and the stolen kisses of the party but this was really more her speed. She found a familiar face in a nearby seating area that looked mighty cozy. She headed Becky's way and found something of a lounge chair of her own. "Hey there. May I join you?" She might have thought twice to interrupt someone's else moment of solitude but the cider was already warming her tongue and banishing all her normal silly worries.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Rafaela, Open

"These days, not much of anywhere. Stole a moment at last night's Masquerade, but otherwise, I'm pretty well retired. No need to be the journeyman anymore. I'm sitting on more wealth than I should be admitting to, and my passion is gone." He looked up to the stars. "I'm not usually so tragic, you know." He would stub his cigarette and light another.

RedPhoenix

Date | Time: June 7th, Evening
Tagging: Breezy

Becky got lost in the stars for a moment. They were so beautiful, so quiet and yet so powerful. She envied their ability to be both. She sipped her tea happily, relaxing into the couch, and was caught off guard when another approached her.

"Hmmm?" She glanced up at the redhead. "Oh hi." She smiled a friendly smile. "Please do."

She glanced at her again, doing almost a double take, just slower, as she realized she was familiar. "I know that hair." She said with a smile. "You were at the masked ball! I voted you for best dressed you know." She smiled. "I feel like we may have met but..." she shook her head at herself, "I drank just the right amount and I don't remember much." She laughed. "I'm Becky again just in case." She extended a hand.

Peripherie

Tagging: Becky

"Best dressed?" Typical redhead, she couldn't hide even the tiniest of blushes. "I remember dancing with a very handsome man. But me?" She sat down in the chair and stretched her leggin covered legs out. "That was very nice of you Becky." She extended her mug out to click with the one the pretty lady was holding. "I'm Breezy, again. Lot was going on when we first met." She took a long sip. "I remember that stunning blue dress you were wearing though. You must have scored pretty well yourself."

Breezy settled back and let her eyes adjust to the night. It was a spectacular sight. "This is nice."

RedPhoenix

"Yeah there was a lot going on, plus I got smashed right after." She laughed. "That bartender made an amazing drink." She sighed happily at the memory. "It really gave me a lot of confidence, maybe too much." She smiled ruefully.

She cheers'd her teacup merrily and took a nice sip of the warm liquid, then sighed in contentment afterwards. "This place is just a dream isn't it?" She smiled up at the stars again. "All this luxury and still somewhere out here enough we can actually see the stars." She grinned, almost childish in how much she enjoyed it.

She shook her head. "How are you liking your time here so far?" She asked idly, enjoying the view, the tea, and the company.

Strega

Tagging: Joseph, Open

"So a man driven by passion, with no passion left?", she said, with a subtle smile on her lips.

"Seems to me like so much talent is going to waste, just because it is sitting on a golden pillow. I welcomed wealth in my life as well, I will not pretend that I did not deserve it either. But it was never my driver to keep singing."

She looked up at the stars, which seemed to turn brighter by the minute.

"Now I am the one being dramatic, aren't I?", she said chuckling softly.

LocusVonErich

"The wealth didn't come from the music, miss. It came from living like a pauper and having my money managed by a man who was like family to me. He's been gone for about six months now. I went from 80 hours a week between studios and bar crawls across Nashville week in and week out to having too much time on my hands."

Strega

"Pardon me, signore Joseph. Offending you was the last thing I would do."

She looked at the man with a serious expression, ashamed even. She must have sounded too insensitive. The cigarette had almost burnt out completely and would soon burn her finger as well without noticing.

LocusVonErich

"No offense taken, Miss Rafaela." Joseph replied. "You know what they say of the nouveau riche...can't talk money without making it about themselves." He would chuckle self-depreciatively as he stubbed his cigarette. "Caravanserai has the most luxurious cigarettes. Never thought I'd taste something like them." He would reach and stub the cigarette she had lost attention of and offered a new one, along with a light.

Strega

Rafaela had a rather cynical man in front of her, with a quite a story behind him, she was sure about it. She snapped out of her thoughts and the momentary feeling of awkwardness when he offered her a cigarette. She then realized that her previous one burned her a little and she stub it in the little ash tray naturally, without exposing her absent mindedness.

She accepted his cigarette and leaned a bit forward to let him light it up. It was indeed unique.

"What a unique taste! It makes the ones I am smoking feel like dry weed. You know, sometimes I don't know if I am smoking because I was never allowed to and I can finally indulge in it now, or if I am just trying to kill what's left inside my throat."

This was rather a monologue but she felt like being heard. She sensed that Joseph knew of loss quite well.

Peripherie

Breezy was equally grounded by the warm mug of liquid in her hands. The heat of the cider and the prick of the alcohol seemed to anchor her comfortably in her lounge chair. The sky above them and the sweet night breeze only added to how content she was. "It is magical here, you're right about that." She took another long sip and pulled her legs up under her thighs like she might do as she cozied up on a couch at home.

"I've had a blast so far. The staff is great and the accommodations are heaven. I took a nap in my room... omg, that bed is soft." She giggled a little at her use of that silly phrase. "But I think I like the people the most - the mix of the other guests, yeah? Everyone is so different, but it's like we are all searching for something in the same direction and made it here."

"Or maybe that is just the rum." Becky was gifted with another Breezy giggle.

LocusVonErich

"I started smoking during my early days on the bar circuits. Alcohol truly tastes better with a cigarette and vice versa." Joseph was enjoying the company of the bella donna, but he was growing disconcerted. He felt as if he were running out of things to say and as if the weight of the world was bearing down on him. The walls were closing in and they shouldn't have been. Just like with Becky the night before, he wanted her to himself and he wanted her out in the world where she belonged all at once.

Strega

"Then what would you say if we asked from the lovely attendants for two glasses of something of your preference? I would love to share a drink with you before I retire for the night."

She exhaled another cloud of rich smoke, clearly enjoying the Caravanserai cigarettes. It was getting late and the temperature had dropped significantly, something that did not occur to her when she almost obliviously got dressed for a walk outside the luxurious hotel walls and she did not regard the blankets provided as an elegant solution either.

LocusVonErich

"A nightcap sounds quite nice. Let me see who I can find in order to get a drink around these parts." Joseph would momentarily walk off to find someone to get drinks, but wouldn't stay gone long. Coming back, he had two glasses. "A simple cocktail. They call it the Old Fashioned for a reason." He would light a new cigarette and sip his drink.

Strega

"Grazie."

Rafaela accepted one of the glasses Joseph had been kind enough to bring, with a graceful and languid move. She raised her glass a bit, smiling softly at Joseph, the cigarette still burning on her other hand, her wrist elegantly craned back.

"I drink to you, signore Joseph. May you find again your lost passion in music."

RedPhoenix

"Oooh yeah. I slept all day." Becky admitted with a grin. "Those beds. Oh my god." She made as if she was sprawling out on one of them with a happy laugh. "They have so many nice things here and I might miss it all with all the time I spend there." She grinned. "I'm glad I came out for this though. I didn't realize how much I missed the stars."

"No, I think you're right." She smiled. "What else would bring a bunch of people out somewhere like this in the middle of nowhere? We're all just looking to get away." She smiled sweetly. "Or find ourselves or...whatever it is people do out here. You'd think I would know that before showing up but ..." she trailed off as if to say apparently not.

She smiled over to Breezy. "So what happened to the guy you were dancing with? I didn't see either of you after we met near the sign up table. I was gonna try to find you and get you to tell me your secret." She grinned at her. "I was offering a kiss and a date for each one. It was a very popular deal." She giggled a bit, no shame, just joy at the memory.

LocusVonErich

"May your journey be blessed with grand travels and good winds. To you." He would raise a drink to her and not say much more, comfortable with the silence between the two of them.

Peripherie

Date | Time: June 7th, evening
Wearing: gray midriff sweater, plaid skirt, ankle boots, and always a hat

"Oooh... my secret was quite silly. I could talk to nearby objects or something like that." She let her eyes wander as she thought about her other question - about the masked man. She stared up at a sky so clear she thought she could make out a dozen constellations, if only she knew the ones on this hemisphere by heart. "As for the man. I didn't even get his full name but we did share a very nice moment." A blush was hidden under the heat stained cheeks already gracing her face from the spicy cider she had almost finished.

Actually, she wasn't sure she actually grabbed the potentially risque pictures from the photo booth. Her eyes got a bit bigger, even if they couldn't be seen in the dark. She took the last swig of her drink and stood. "Becky, it was so good to see you again. I think I, uh, left something back in the event hall. So hopefully one day I'll stick around so we can finish our conversation." She stood up but took a step towards what she hoped was a new friend and lightly kissed the pretty lady on the cheek. "Maybe I can take a raincheck on that date sometime."

She set her mug down on the nearby bar and headed back into the hotel stairwell.

Dominique

Name: Chloe Foster
Date | Time: June 11th | 7:30 PM
Wearing: Tan coloured Spa uniform with brown sash and white loafers
Tagging: William

She hadn't had much of a chance to enjoy the amenities of Caravanserai until now, but her first trip up here assured Chloe that this was going to be one of her favourite places to hide for sure. The narrow stairwell was slightly claustrophobic, but the upper room was simply gorgeous. It felt cozy, and with the sun having already set, the stars were showing themselves in the twilight sky, twinkling more beautifully than they ever had done back in England. Chloe had never seen the darkness with this intensity, had never known there were so many stars and she sure as hell had never seen the Milky Way until she had left the Great British island.

"You know," she confessed as she settled on one of the couches, craning her head back to look up at the night sky, "I always thought that those pictures of the sky like this were photoshopped. I had no idea how much light pollution we have back in London." A dreamy smile littered her face and she simply sat there, savouring the moment. It wasn't cold yet, and she left the folded blankets lying next to her for now. Maybe it had something to do with the little box of food she had in her lap; neither of the restaurants were typically made for takeout, but the staff of Caravanserai couldn't very well all sit in the Oasis or the Mirage, taking up all the seats every night. The smell of the food was lovely; Chloe found that tasting the local dishes had been one of her favourite aspects of travelling so many new countries. And while the hotel's restaurants were hardly comparable to, say, a Vietnamese foodstall, it had the taste of Africa in every single item on the menu.

"Sometimes it barely feels like working," she commented, tearing her gaze from the spectacle overhead with some difficulty. Opening the box, she grabbed the cutlery and looked over the lid at William. "Two years ago I was storming headfirst into a premature heartattack, and now even my job is making me relax. It's impossible to feel stressed when you've got the sound of waves in the background, all those lovely scented oils and your clients are all there to unwind." Chloe took a content sigh. "This is the life, you know. I just might stay here forever."

Gannameade

Name: William B Fine
Date | Time: June 11th | 7:30 PM
Wearing: White pants blue uniform top just open with t-shirt showing
Tagging: Chloe

William followed her up the staircase realizing this probably was not the best place or angle for him to be in order to be more platonic or brotherly.  Thinking about his co-worker in this particular vein right now, but he closed his eyes and focused mentally plowing through the fact that she was just as beautiful as the women he had worked on today and he could very well be fighting against making his ‘sister’ the object of his affection.   He was going to make sure to focus and be himself and if anything happened it wouldn’t be, because he was forcing it to occur.  Once they came up through the walkway to the open air he was glad to see the sky for so many reasons not that her backside wasn’t a heavenly body to behold as well.  It was then that he reflected being at the pool and another smile came to his face also.

“Light pollution is everywhere  save Colorado, but living in Texas unless you have a lot of lands out in the middle of nowhere you won’t see nights like this either.”  He said stating where he was from as well.  “You have dinner down there in the restaurants yet?”  He asked as he was more than eager to brag on his brother’s wares.  As he would more than like have some leftovers to devour later as everything wasn’t always eaten that was prepared and Will let nothing go to waste given his metabolism right now.

He looked at her as he started to open his own box, he was listening to her.  She was looking at him and he had given her his attention.  “So you needed a change in scenery and lifestyle or you were going to die early.”  He smirked as he looked at her with a wink.  “I am glad you came here…and you didn’t die…or I wouldn’t have met you and I truly would have missed having this experience…with you Chloe.”

He chuckled.  “Forever is a long time you know that right?”  He said with a smile as he left out the fact he thought the same thing a while back.  “So what did you do that was going to killed you back home?”  He knew they were getting into personal territory but considering how personal they generally were with one another…this was just the tip of the iceberg for them.

RedPhoenix

Date | Time: June 13th, 2020 | Early Night
Wearing: (as pictured)
Tagging: Tori!

Becky led Tori out of the bar, knowing that the bartender would charge it all to her room, and led the girl up the winding stairs and through the tight, ringed passageways up to the top of the observatory. The tight passageways required them to walk one behind the other, so Becky led the way, almost feeling like she should have a torch for parts of it as the old brick of the structure had a very Indiana Jones vibe to it. Still it was a modern hotel after all, just one that did a great job of looking like something else when it wanted to.

Finally they were up at the viewing floor, and as Becky had predicted it was indeed empty.

"Sometimes they have events up here. Guess nobody wanted to look at the stars tonight." Becky smiled and walked over to one of the very comfy couches that lined the area. Despite being outside the desert air at night was actually surprisingly chill, and Becky was grateful some of the blankets were still out, she suspected they always were - cleaned and changed daily of course, and she picked one up and pulled it to her side as it was clear she would need it soon.

"Sit down." She patted the sofa next to her, pulling her legs up onto the couch and to her side as she leaned against the backrest and stared up at the night sky. "It's really lovely up here. Don't you think?"

LadyKatherine

Name: Victoria "Tori"  Valentine
Date | Time: 13 June 2020 | Early Night
Wearing: Small black slightly frilly dress with a pink outline of a heart above the left breast. And black silk gloves that go up to the elbows

Victoria nervously sat down next to Becky "Thank you" She smiled then looked up at the sky. The stars were beautiful, Victoria never really got to enjoy the stars. The pollution in the big cities she usually traveled to always hid the stars. But tonight they where out in full force.

"They really are beautiful..."

RedPhoenix

"Mmmm hmmm." Becky nodded, pulling the blanket up about herself she offered the other end of the blanket to Tori in case she was feeling cold and wanted to wrap herself up too. Of course that require the two of them to sit awfully close, and there were other blankets around, but Becky didn't feel terribly obliged to point that out at the moment!

"So. Which one are you?" Becky asked with a smile. "What star sign I mean." She pointed up to the sky above them.

LadyKatherine

Wearing: Small black slightly frilly dress with a pink outline of a heart above the left breast. And black silk gloves that go up to the elbows

Victoria nodded and took the other end of the blanket, and slid in close enough that her arm just lightly touched Becky's.

"Scorpio" She said looking up at the stars "But I've never put much faith in them..." She looked over to Becky "What about you?"

RedPhoenix

"Taurus." Becky said happily, leaning against the backdrop of the couch, her legs curled up and away from Tori, the blanket wrapped around both of them now, she looked up at the starry sky. "You can't see him right now." She said, "Not until later in the year. Your little critter's right over there though." She pointed to Scorpius. "See there's the tail?" She traced the outline with her finger. "You gotta kinda squint." She smiled and laughed a little.

"You know," she said, turning back to Tori with a smile. "They say when a Scorpio and Taurus fall in love it never dies." She smiled at the woman warmly. "You may not put much faith it, but you know, that's cuz you're a Scorpio." She grinned at the woman a bit cheesily.

LadyKatherine

Victoria let out a giggle "Is that so? Well maybe I should go find a Taurus that doesn't make such terrible jokes~" She smiled, a very lighthearted smile.

"Becky..." She looked back up at the stars "Do you believe in fate?"

RedPhoenix

Becky let out a laugh as Tori said she told terrible jokes. She felt like some sort of tension had broken between them, and that they could talk a bit more freely now.

She scooted ever so slightly and subtly, she scooted closer to the woman.

"Of course I do." She said with an easy smile.

LadyKatherine

The blush returned to Victoria's face. They were so close now, she wasn't sure what to do. Victoria closed her eyes, then slowly placed her hand on top of Becky's. She took a deep breath as their hands touched. She still didn't like touching people, or vice-versa, but she thought that for Becky, maybe she could try.

RedPhoenix

Becky smiled softly as Tori touched her hand. She wanted to put her other hand over Tori's, but decided to the girl move on her own time. She could tell this was a big deal for her.

"I'm glad you let me buy you a drink." She said gently, smiling at the girl but not making any moves on her, just letting her be for a cozy moment.

LadyKatherine

"I'm glad you bought me a drink~" She smiled, for how bad this date could have gone, it turned out pretty good. They were sitting huddled under a blanket looking at the stars, that was pretty romantic. But how did you proceed? She had read a lot of books and seen a lot of movies about romance, the guy would always have some sort of beautiful line that he would say and then kiss the girl. Tori's mind was blank.

Perhaps a little more cuddling would be enough? She moved a little bit closer to Becky, not trying to be too aggressive. "When I came here I wasn't even planning on staying here, let alone meeting someone like you."

RedPhoenix

Becky smiled happily as Tori moved closer to her, and she returned the gesture in kind so that now they were very close indeed, bodies brushing against each other under the blankets, which Becky adjusted about them as they moved to keep the two wrapped up nice and snug in the cold air of the desert at night.

"Well." Becky said, letting her arm gently fall about the girl, soft fingers finding Tori's shoulder on the far side and stroking there gently. "If you're finding life stressful and need a break, I think you'll like it here very much." She smiled softly and pleasantly. "I can tell you from personal experience, staying here will change your life."

LadyKatherine

"Maybe you're right, I really did need a break" She looked at Becky with a warm smile "And someone like you to talk to doesn't hurt either~" She squeezed Becky's hand gently and rested her head on her shoulder.

RedPhoenix

Becky felt quite touched as Tori squeezed her hand, knowing as she'd just learned that she was sensitive about her hands, Becky squeezed back very gently, and laced her fingers together with Tori's, so that they held their far hands lightly. Meanwhile the girl placed her head on Becky's shoulder in a way that made the darker girl smile big and she reached her closer hand up to wrap about Tori's shoulders, her hand ending up petting the lighter girl's hair soothingly and lovingly.

Becky lowered her own face to be closer to Tori's, close enough to plant a light kiss on her forehead, which is just what Becky did.

"Caravanserai is a great place to forget about the world." She agreed. "You'll meet all sorts of amazing people here, do things you never would have dreamed of before." She was obviously talking about what she was doing right now, snuggling with and flirting with another woman, a woman who claimed to be from a family of criminals with scars on her hands and all sorts of stories, Becky thought to herself. But right now, for the moment at least, they could comfortably share something close to silence.

The desert around them was quiet, other than the light hum of some of the power from the hotel below them, the air was still and dry and very cool, the sand dunes seemed to stretch for miles with only some rocky outcrops here and there, a few patches of light vegetation, and of course the expansive hotel grounds and facilities all around them.

"I swear I feel like Princess Jasmine up here." Becky smiled. "Please tell me you know who that is." She grinned, the woman looked young, she hoped not too young to know Becky's favorite movie.

LadyKatherine

Victoria smiled and blushed a bit more when Becky placed a kiss on her forehead. She was really enjoying her time with her.

"Princess Jasmine?" Victoria looked confused "Is she some sort of Arabian royalty?"

She stared at Becky seriously before she began to laugh " Yes, I know who she is. I may be young but I still enjoyed a few of the older Disney classics" 

RedPhoenix

Becky froze, ready to sob, but then breathed a sigh of relief.  "Yes, it's a whole new world." She grinned, snuggling a little closer. Just a little closer, as up on the high roof with a desert in all directions it was a bit like riding around on a flying carpet. At least it was to her.

"Have you traveled a lot?" She asked after a moment, then to answer her own question she expanded, "I grew up in nowheresville Mississippi, went out to California when my ex-husband got his job there." She didn't see the need to mention that was a professional athlete and worth a bunch, which was how Becky ended up with money in a divorce, it just didn't seem like anything that mattered at the moment. "He took me down to Mexico a few times, the Caribbean I guess." She didn't sound terribly enthusiastic. "It wasn't really as nice as I thought it would have been. I've never been this far away. Maybe that's why it's so peaceful."

"How about you?"

LadyKatherine

Victoria was warming up to the feeling of being so close to someone.

"I've been so many places, my father travels a lot for his job and he usually drags me along with him. He wants to teach me how to run the business when he's gone." She pauses, wondering if she should say anymore about that "Mmm... Anyway, I've been all over the world, my birth city New York of course, Chicago, Las Vegas, I've been to Rome, Paris, and even Beijing. And that's only a few. My father has his own private jet so traveling around is easy."

She shakes her head "Sorry I wasn't trying to brag"

RedPhoenix

There was that mysterious family business again. Becky was starting to suspect they did something worse than make knock off bags.

"Oh don't worry." She smiled. "Everyone here's a bigger big shot than me. So I guess this place doesn't seem all that special to you huh?" She was a little disappointed, hoping she wasn't charmed with everything here, but it must just seem dull to a world-traveling babe like Tori. Oh well, at least she could enjoy the stars. She glanced up to do just that, snuggling in close with the girl, letting her rub gently down her shoulder to her elbow and back up again as she did.

LadyKatherine

"Well it has been pretty special so far" Victoria winks "And I would say you've been pretty special too~"

"Hey, you know what? Maybe we could go traveling together some day." She smiled wide as she spoke. "And there's amazing restaurant in Rome that I'm sure you'd like!"

RedPhoenix

"Awww." Becky smiled, hearing that Tori called her special. "Thank you doll." She said, leaning in and pressing a soft kiss against the girl's forehead. "I'm glad you think so."

She grinned a little, anxious at hearing Tori's proposition. She squirmed a little, using the excuse to get yet closer to the girl so that the two of them were now snuggling directly against each other, Becky's fancy dress touching against Tori's dark and frilly one, their bodies lighting resting against each other under the blanket, under the stars. "No one's ever asked me to come to Europe with them." She said with a bit of a nervous flutter to her voice. "And I dunno, coming here and hiding away is one thing. Being out in the world, I'd feel like a dumb clumsy American, wouldn't even know how to say hi in Rome." She grinned self-deprecatingly. 

LadyKatherine

Victoria giggles "You could leave the taking to me, I'm quite good at speaking Italian. But I won't force you, the offer's open."

She nuzzles into Becky's shoulder "We could start smaller, Niagara Falls is supposed to be nice this time of year. We could go to London, it might be a bit rainy around this time."

RedPhoenix

Becky smiled at the offer, finding it sweet but shook her head. "Oh nuh uh, I've had enough of letting my dates speak for me." She said with a laugh.

She shivered involuntarily at the mention of Niagara Falls and London.

"So cold there." She pouted a little, pulling back just a bit so that Tori could see her dress. "You really want me to leave outfits like this at home when I pack?" She fluttered her eyes playful, flirty, goofy, finding her comfort zone with this girl.

LadyKatherine

Victoria grins "Are you saying that you need dresses like this to look nice? Because I would beg to differ. Besides it's June, it's pretty much summer, Niagara Falls is not that far north."

Victoria pulls Becky hand up to her face and kisses it "And I would make sure you were warm and safe"

RedPhoenix

Becky eyed Tori dubiously, both because she seemed to imply that she didn't need to help of this dress, but moreso due to her claims that Canada would ever be warm. But before she could say anything, her hand was pulled up to Tori's mouth and kissed and Becky couldn't help but break into the biggest smile, stomach filled with butterflies as a nice, tingly sensation spread all through her, goosebumps growing all over her body and then just as quickly vanishing.

"Oh." She let out a giggle, blushing like mad. "Well I ah, I admit that sounds mighty tempting." She reached her arm around Tori's shoulders, rubbing it up and down her arm gently, then let it slip down her side and come to rest around her waist, pulling her up nice and close. "Very, very, tempting." But, as nice as that felt, Becky wanted more.

Her face was so close to Tori's now, her lips right there, slightly opened. She tilted her head slightly to one side, eyes on Tori's watching carefully for sign of refusal, and moved in slowly for a kiss on the lips.

LadyKatherine

Her face was so close, Victoria's heart was beating out of her chest. And then Becky began to move closer, this was it. Victoria closed her eyes and readied herself. Then their lips touched, and it was a magic feeling, like a spark moving through her body. It was an awkward kiss, as Victoria had only done it once before.

RedPhoenix

Becky kept her eyes open at first, watching the smaller woman with a tender concern as she kissed her. She didn't move all that much, sensing that Tori was a bit unsure of herself. Of course, so was Becky. She'd never kissed a girl like this, truth be told it had been a long time since she kissed anyone she really wanted to kiss before she came to Caravanserai. She'd almost forgotten how herself.

After a bit she closed her eyes and savored it, still not doing much more than pressing her lips together, adjusting her kiss slightly as she moved her head, and then after a moment, she slowly pulled away to breathe.

She was grinning like a loon as they pulled apart, but not very far. She rested her forehead against Tori's tenderly, letting their noses almost touch as she grinned at her.

And then she just grinned and grinned, happy as as she'd ever been, not seeing the need to say anything. One hand hand gently rubbed at Tori's far arm, running up and down it, the other gently cupped her cheek. After a moment she placed a quick, playful kiss right on her lips again, and then resumed just smiling at her.

LadyKatherine

Victoria's face was bright red, but she was smiling too. It was an amazing feeling. She draped her arms around Becky's shoulders, and kissed her again this time a bit more competently.

Victoria had forgotten why she had even come to this hotel, and whatever reason it was was no longer important. Only one thing was important right now, and it was Becky.

RedPhoenix

Becky savored the second kiss much more slowly, letting Tori be the one whose energy led this embrace. She tilted her head, wrapped both arms around the woman's shoulders, and held her close as the two locked lips. Becky was obviously very happy to be kissing her, as the little appreciative noises she made let the newcomer know. This time her eyes were closed right away, and they stayed closed until Tori had finally stopped.

Becky's eyes fluttered open and she smiled with complete contentment. "Thank you." She purred, nuzzling her nose against Tori's.

LadyKatherine

"I should be the one thanking you, you made this visit fun~" She nuzzles back "I don't want this night to end"

RedPhoenix

Becky let out a little laugh as Tori nuzzled her back. "Me either." She said with a warm smile, then swallowed a little nervously. "But uh, truth be told it's been so long since I've been in this sort of situation I really don't know what comes next."

LadyKatherine

Victoria's face went bright red, she had seen enough romance movies to know what came next, but she definitely was not going to say it out loud "I-I don't know either, unlike you I've never been in a relationship before..." She nervously turned away.

RedPhoenix

Now it was Becky's turn to be flummoxed. "What?" She stammered. "And here I was thinking I was the newbie." She couldn't believe her ears. "Ever? At all? No, sorry." She shook her head. "Not buying it." She gave her another look. "Really? You're serious?"

LadyKatherine

"Let's just say my father was very protective, and I didn't have much interest in guys" She nervously scratches her head "I don't talk to many people out side of our 'family', unless it's business"

RedPhoenix

Becky let out a sympathetic little "awww" as Tori explained her oddly sheltered past. Oddly that is for a girl who had been all over the world. "All those places and you couldn't date in one of them?" Becky asked, incredulous. "You poor thing." She began to pet the girl's dark hair gently.

LadyKatherine

"It's not that I didn't have dates, I've had many. I always have men throwing themselves at me because of who my father is. I've gone on and been forced into going on many dates, but I've never been interested. All they want is my family name and the power that comes with it."

She frowns and grumbles to herself "And not a single one of my suitors was a girl"

RedPhoenix

"Oh." Becky blinked. Her feeling of sorry for this woman wavered a bit. It was a very different picture than being constantly alone, which was what she had thought Tori had meant earlier. It seemed to her, growing up in the middle of nowhere and playing in the mud as a kid, that being surrounded by people ready to suck up to you because of how important your family was wasn't the worst thing in the world. But then again, the grass is always greener.

The second part though, that she could sympathize with more.

"Yeah." She sighed, a bit ashamed of herself. "Took me a marriage to a man and a trip to the middle of the Sahara to figure out I like girls better." She sighed. "Feel like looking back I didn't get the option either. Like nobody even told me I could so I just," she shrugged, feeling lame, "didn't, just went along with what people expected." She was still petting Tori's hair softly as she spoke.

"How about you, how long have you known?"

LadyKatherine

"It was weird, I kept meeting all these suitors, and I never had any feelings for them. It was easy to keep up my cold act, they called me an ice queen. It didn't bother me. I felt nothing for boys, but there was a feeling in my heart when I saw I girl I though was pretty. I always find it harder to keep my cool around pretty girls. I would say I really realized about 4-5 years ago" Victoria clears her throat and blushes a bit "So, uh, yeah... That about covers it for me"

RedPhoenix

"You don't feel very icy to me." Becky grinned, stroking her hands along the woman's body. Despite the cool air between the blanket and what they were getting up to under it things were quite warm and cozy under it. "Oh so you got a head start on me." Becky laughed. "Well I'm sorry you never got the chance to do anything about it. So many pretty girls in the world, and all the places you've been. Gosh you must have seen all sorts of beautiful people." Becky sounded a bit jealous at all the travel. "Where was your favorite place?" She was sort of just getting to know this girl more. Now that they'd been a bit heart to heart it seemed wrong to just go back to making out again.

LadyKatherine

"That's a hard one..." She looks deep in thought for a moment "I'll have to say Rome, not only was the food amazing, but the building and people are some of the most beautiful I've seen. There are all sorts of great cafés and restaurants around every corner. My family also has great safe-house... I mean 'home' there" She shuffles around nervously "I'm talking too much"

RedPhoenix

"Hmmm. Really pushing this whole Europe thing huh." Becky said with a mockingly suspicious glare, as if Tori was just playing it up to get Becky to come there with her. "Still think it's probably freezing there." She grinned, snuggling up with the girl. Their cuddle had cooled down from a passionate embrace to a casual snuggle and Becky didn't seem to mind that at all, her head now resting back against the couch again, she encouraged Tori to come rest her own on Becky's shoulder...or chest.

She smiled. "And don't worry. I may not be la bella mafia like you but I know not to snitch." She grinned, running her fingers through Tori's hair. "Your dark secrets are safe with me." She leaned in and planted a sweet little kiss on the girl's forehead.

LadyKatherine

Victoria grimaces "I really should just stop talking" she leans her head on Becky's shoulder "Why don't you tell me some secrets~"

RedPhoenix

Becky grinned and stroked Tori's hair, holding the girl close. "Well I hate to break it to you sugar but I don't have any secrets nearly as interesting as yours." She leaned in and kissed her head tenderly as the two snuggled close. She tried to think of anything she could say that was nearly as interesting as what Tori had told her. Then she shrugged, coming up with nothing. "Yeah, sorry. I'm just not that interesting." She said with a grin.

LadyKatherine

"Really nothing? Come on you must have something interesting~ What about this ex of yours? Are you telling me you don't have any good dirt on them?" Victoria smiled mischievously while gently stoking Becky's hand.

RedPhoenix

Becky pulled a grumpy face. "I don't wanna talk about him." She said. It was not a happy subject, and being with Tori was quite a happy situation. It would just pollute things. "I wanna talk about you." She said, planting a playful kiss on the girl's nose. She glanced her up and down with a grin. "Besides, you're way cuter." She said with a grin.

LadyKatherine

Victoria blushed "I mean you've already figured most of me out, yes I'm a member of a crime family. My father is the head. The Valentine family, maybe you're heard of us, maybe not. Anyway... Ever since my brother disappeared my father has been pushing me to take over when he's gone and I'm not sure if I want to." She sighs "That about covers it"

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Nobody, ending scene!

Becky smiled, a sort of bittersweet smile, as Tori let it be known what was bothering her.

"Well, your father and my ex aren't here." She said, stroking the girl's hair soothingly. "So how about, we forget about them, and cuddle under the stars til we go to sleep?" She smiled.
It was a good plan. There was nothing more she wanted to do at the moment. "And then maybe in a few days you can come to the Color party?" She said by way of invitation. "And we can see what happens?" She leaned in for another quick little kiss, and then assumed prime snuggling to sleep position.

End Scene!

RedPhoenix

Name: Nova van Dishoeck
Date | Time: Late June, Midnight
Wearing: As Pictured + Navy Stilettos
Tagging: Elizabeth, Closed!

Humming to herself and swinging her hips to a beat that had faded away several floors ago, a refugee from the nightclub stepped out of the elevator and onto the rooftop observatory. It wasn't that the scene down in the club hadn't been fun, it was just that Nova had suddenly been hit by a notion and wanted to see something. She held what was typical for her, a gigantic fishbowl drink that was a dark vibrant purple in color with a plethora of umbrellas and straws sticking out the top and glanced about almost nervously as she walked out onto the observatory. Everything about her said lost drunk party girl, but a keen observer might note there was still quite a lot left in that fishbowl and Nova's hips swayed but her steps didn't.

"Hellooooo?" She called out. "Is like this the pool?" She looked around, eyes not quite as a vapid as her question would imply as she didn't see anyone. A moment later there had been no response and she walked straight up to to one of the telescopes that lined the darkest area of the hotel roof, moving with a very plain purpose.

She set the fishbowl down next to it and bent over, her gold skirt being pulled taut about her as she did, the loose shoulder straps threatening to completely give up on their supposed function, but none of this seemed to bother Nova. She glanced through the viewing slot of the telescope, careful to keep her thickly madeup eyes away from actually touching it. She winced and shook her head and then did something that nobody dressed, acting, and talking like her should have ever done, she made several rather precise and careful adjustments to the telescopes setting and glanced through again at a part of the sky that seemed to please her much more.

"There you are." She whispered softly to whatever it was she was looking it through injection-plumped and glossy lips. A happy sigh followed as she stared through the mirrors into outer space.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Elizabeth
Date | Time: late June, midnight +3
Wearing: grey button up long sleeve, camera bag modified to carry a sketch pad, jeans, bare feet.

Five foot five tall walking staff tightly wrapped in criss-crossing thin yellow ribbons, creating diamond patterns showing the silvery wood

Tagging: Nova, closed.

Elizabeth made her slow, painful way up the stairs, walking staff making soft clicking noises on the stone. Sure, there was an elevator, but she didn't want to do that for several reasons.

She paused at the top of the staircase, looking quite surprised. She had never run into another person here before on her various journeys through the night, and was frankly expecting to never see anybody outside aside from the occasional hotel pushed tour.

She couldn't truly get a good look at the woman, but the attire seemed incredibly odd for stargazing. Shrugging, Elizabeth stepped a Little closer, speaking softly, hoping not to startle her too much.

"Lovely evening, isn't it? I'd ask if you couldn't sleep either, but I kinda doubt most people try to sleep in an outfit like that, and if I was coming out into the desert at night I'd wear something warmer."

RedPhoenix

Nova had, unfortunately, or quite fortunately depending on you perspective, been wholly observed in what she was doing. Even as Elizabeth approached the woman was reaching up and making minor, very precise adjustments to the advice, again completely at ads with what she was wearing and the drink next to her. It wasn't until Elizabeth made a sound behind her that her behavior finally came into alignment with her outfit.

"GAH!" She started, pulling up quickly, a hand on her chest as she whirled about, eyes wide and looking like she would have jumped out of her skin if she hadn't been wearing five inch heels. She looked both startled and scared for a moment, eyes on Elizabeth not seemingly calmed down at all like one might expect from whirling about and seeing only a short woman in comfy clothes.

She took a deep breath, then another, almost as if it was a practiced motion to show off how little she was wearing then finally spoke, hand still to her rising and falling chest, "Like oh my god you like totally freaked me out there!" She laughed, almost wheezing in relief as she caught her breath.

"Sleep?" She seemed confused by the question. "It's like, like barely past midnight, why would I be sleeping? That's when the fun starts, girl!" She smiled at Elizabeth, seeming to have some thoughts of her own about the other woman's outfit but not speaking them outloud.

"So like, I guess I'd better get back down there," she reached down and scooped up her fishbowl drink with both hands, "You wanna come?"

Elizabeth Ecsed

Wearing: grey button up long sleeve, camera bag modified to carry a sketch pad, jeans, bare feet.

Five foot five tall walking staff tightly wrapped in criss-crossing thin yellow ribbons, creating diamond patterns showing the silvery wood

Elizabeth took a half step back, surprised by the intensity of the reaction. She leaned on her staff, holding out her other hand in a gesture that said 'hey. Friendly person here, no weapons, please don't panic. Please.'

Elizabeth didn't seem particularly impressed by the lack of garments, or the quite shapely body that they more or less covered. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. "

She took another step back, just to get a better view of The other woman, who was a good foot taller in those shoes "Christ on a cracker, you're tall." She muttered. "How do you walk in those heels? I'd fall over in a heartbeat."

She had to laugh softly. "I'm not much of a night owl. I actually have a bunch of photographs of the dawn out here...  I'm just used to sleeping when it's dark and everything's quiet."

Shaking her head, Elizabeth limped over to a different telescope. "No. I just got up here. I will happily stay quiet if you want to have some solitude up here though."

RedPhoenix

Nova seemed at a bit of a loss as to the question of how she walked in these shoes. Her knee-jerk reaction would have been to say it's easy once you get used to them, but glancing at the woman's cane that might be an insensitive thing to say. She did indeed tower over the shorter woman in these things though, of course that was the idea wasn't it? At least part of it.

"Oh no like I'm good, I just got lost up here, is the elevator like that way?" She pointed towards where Elizabeth had come from. "Ok cool see ya!" She turned and prepared to high tail it out of there.

Elizabeth Ecsed

"Lost... " Elizabeth said thoughtfully, glancing at the noticeably long distance from The Observatory to the hotel.

Since Nova had abandoned the telescope, the redhead   stepped closer, tilting her head to try to site down the telescope barrel, wondering what the other woman had been looking at. "Mmm. A planet, right? Mars? I think Jupiter's a completely different color. Or am I getting those two confused?"

Without straightening up from the telescope, Elizabeth quietly added "I understand if you have somewhere to be, people to mingle with, or.... Whatever else it is night owls do, but if you have some free time, I actually would like some company"

RedPhoenix

Nova turned around as she was about to duck down the passage to the elevator, a somewhat relieved smile on her face. She glance down at herself, then up and down Elizabeth pointedly. "Like, no offense girl but I don't think we had the same kinda party in mind tonight." She said with a smile. "Unless you got on something real interesting under that getup."

Elizabeth Ecsed

"And yet, here we are. On a rooftop together, far from anything that could be described as a party, and unless I miss my guess... Someone had expertly focused the telescope on something interesting in the sky and then left moments before you arrived, since the sky's rotation would quickly pull something out of view otherwise."

She limped over to the railing, letting the night winds play with her hair, just breathing in the desert she was coming to love more and more.

"I'm Elizabeth. I probably have on the most boring underwear you've ever seen, and you certainly aren't going to see it tonight. So yeah, maybe you should go find something more interesting, if beautiful bodies are your goal"

She sounded... Weary. Being around tall gorgeous and especially rich people all the time was kind of draining.

RedPhoenix

"Yeah, alright, peace!" Nova said, looking a bit confused, she turned and walked back to the elevator, sipping her fishbowl all the way.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Date | Time: late June, midnight +7

Elizabeth let out a frustrated sigh, leaning against the wall. "Oh Goddess Selene, I hate these people. They come to the most beautiful place I've ever seen, and all they ever want to do is fuck like rabbits and pretend to be people they're not. Like being rich enough to come here makes them special, and that being special papers over the gaps in their souls."

She was, of course, venting a certain amount of frustration and loneliness into the world, since Becky was gone and Apollo was wrapped up in another one of his, uh, passionate conquests.

Elizabeth had pretty much written off Nova at this point, thinking her night would be better if the odd, annoying woman went back to the fishbowl of Hypnotic or the more literal confined space with water of the pool.