Caravanserai [Whitesand Moonrock Observatory]

Started by Flower, July 09, 2018, 08:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyKatherine

Name: Victoria "Tori"  Valentine
Date | Time: 13 June 2020 | Early Night
Wearing: Small black slightly frilly dress with a pink outline of a heart above the left breast. And black silk gloves that go up to the elbows
Tagging: Becky

"I should be the one thanking you, you made this visit fun~" She nuzzles back "I don't want this night to end"

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: June 13th, 2020 | Early Night
Wearing: (as pictured)
Tagging: Tori!

Becky let out a little laugh as Tori nuzzled her back. "Me either." She said with a warm smile, then swallowed a little nervously. "But uh, truth be told it's been so long since I've been in this sort of situation I really don't know what comes next."
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

LadyKatherine

Wearing: Small black slightly frilly dress with a pink outline of a heart above the left breast. And black silk gloves that go up to the elbows

Victoria's face went bright red, she had seen enough romance movies to know what came next, but she definitely was not going to say it out loud "I-I don't know either, unlike you I've never been in a relationship before..." She nervously turned away.

RedPhoenix

Now it was Becky's turn to be flummoxed. "What?" She stammered. "And here I was thinking I was the newbie." She couldn't believe her ears. "Ever? At all? No, sorry." She shook her head. "Not buying it." She gave her another look. "Really? You're serious?"

LadyKatherine

"Let's just say my father was very protective, and I didn't have much interest in guys" She nervously scratches her head "I don't talk to many people out side of our 'family', unless it's business"

RedPhoenix

Becky let out a sympathetic little "awww" as Tori explained her oddly sheltered past. Oddly that is for a girl who had been all over the world. "All those places and you couldn't date in one of them?" Becky asked, incredulous. "You poor thing." She began to pet the girl's dark hair gently.

LadyKatherine

"It's not that I didn't have dates, I've had many. I always have men throwing themselves at me because of who my father is. I've gone on and been forced into going on many dates, but I've never been interested. All they want is my family name and the power that comes with it."

She frowns and grumbles to herself "And not a single one of my suitors was a girl"

RedPhoenix

"Oh." Becky blinked. Her feeling of sorry for this woman wavered a bit. It was a very different picture than being constantly alone, which was what she had thought Tori had meant earlier. It seemed to her, growing up in the middle of nowhere and playing in the mud as a kid, that being surrounded by people ready to suck up to you because of how important your family was wasn't the worst thing in the world. But then again, the grass is always greener.

The second part though, that she could sympathize with more.

"Yeah." She sighed, a bit ashamed of herself. "Took me a marriage to a man and a trip to the middle of the Sahara to figure out I like girls better." She sighed. "Feel like looking back I didn't get the option either. Like nobody even told me I could so I just," she shrugged, feeling lame, "didn't, just went along with what people expected." She was still petting Tori's hair softly as she spoke.

"How about you, how long have you known?"

LadyKatherine

"It was weird, I kept meeting all these suitors, and I never had any feelings for them. It was easy to keep up my cold act, they called me an ice queen. It didn't bother me. I felt nothing for boys, but there was a feeling in my heart when I saw I girl I though was pretty. I always find it harder to keep my cool around pretty girls. I would say I really realized about 4-5 years ago" Victoria clears her throat and blushes a bit "So, uh, yeah... That about covers it for me"

RedPhoenix

"You don't feel very icy to me." Becky grinned, stroking her hands along the woman's body. Despite the cool air between the blanket and what they were getting up to under it things were quite warm and cozy under it. "Oh so you got a head start on me." Becky laughed. "Well I'm sorry you never got the chance to do anything about it. So many pretty girls in the world, and all the places you've been. Gosh you must have seen all sorts of beautiful people." Becky sounded a bit jealous at all the travel. "Where was your favorite place?" She was sort of just getting to know this girl more. Now that they'd been a bit heart to heart it seemed wrong to just go back to making out again.

LadyKatherine

"That's a hard one..." She looks deep in thought for a moment "I'll have to say Rome, not only was the food amazing, but the building and people are some of the most beautiful I've seen. There are all sorts of great cafés and restaurants around every corner. My family also has great safe-house... I mean 'home' there" She shuffles around nervously "I'm talking too much"

RedPhoenix

"Hmmm. Really pushing this whole Europe thing huh." Becky said with a mockingly suspicious glare, as if Tori was just playing it up to get Becky to come there with her. "Still think it's probably freezing there." She grinned, snuggling up with the girl. Their cuddle had cooled down from a passionate embrace to a casual snuggle and Becky didn't seem to mind that at all, her head now resting back against the couch again, she encouraged Tori to come rest her own on Becky's shoulder...or chest.

She smiled. "And don't worry. I may not be la bella mafia like you but I know not to snitch." She grinned, running her fingers through Tori's hair. "Your dark secrets are safe with me." She leaned in and planted a sweet little kiss on the girl's forehead.

LadyKatherine

Victoria grimaces "I really should just stop talking" she leans her head on Becky's shoulder "Why don't you tell me some secrets~"

RedPhoenix

Becky grinned and stroked Tori's hair, holding the girl close. "Well I hate to break it to you sugar but I don't have any secrets nearly as interesting as yours." She leaned in and kissed her head tenderly as the two snuggled close. She tried to think of anything she could say that was nearly as interesting as what Tori had told her. Then she shrugged, coming up with nothing. "Yeah, sorry. I'm just not that interesting." She said with a grin.

LadyKatherine

"Really nothing? Come on you must have something interesting~ What about this ex of yours? Are you telling me you don't have any good dirt on them?" Victoria smiled mischievously while gently stoking Becky's hand.

RedPhoenix

Becky pulled a grumpy face. "I don't wanna talk about him." She said. It was not a happy subject, and being with Tori was quite a happy situation. It would just pollute things. "I wanna talk about you." She said, planting a playful kiss on the girl's nose. She glanced her up and down with a grin. "Besides, you're way cuter." She said with a grin.

LadyKatherine

Victoria blushed "I mean you've already figured most of me out, yes I'm a member of a crime family. My father is the head. The Valentine family, maybe you're heard of us, maybe not. Anyway... Ever since my brother disappeared my father has been pushing me to take over when he's gone and I'm not sure if I want to." She sighs "That about covers it"

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Nobody, ending scene!

Becky smiled, a sort of bittersweet smile, as Tori let it be known what was bothering her.

"Well, your father and my ex aren't here." She said, stroking the girl's hair soothingly. "So how about, we forget about them, and cuddle under the stars til we go to sleep?" She smiled.
It was a good plan. There was nothing more she wanted to do at the moment. "And then maybe in a few days you can come to the Color party?" She said by way of invitation. "And we can see what happens?" She leaned in for another quick little kiss, and then assumed prime snuggling to sleep position.

End Scene!

RedPhoenix

Name: Nova van Dishoeck
Date | Time: Late June, Midnight
Wearing: As Pictured + Navy Stilettos
Tagging: Elizabeth, Closed!

Humming to herself and swinging her hips to a beat that had faded away several floors ago, a refugee from the nightclub stepped out of the elevator and onto the rooftop observatory. It wasn't that the scene down in the club hadn't been fun, it was just that Nova had suddenly been hit by a notion and wanted to see something. She held what was typical for her, a gigantic fishbowl drink that was a dark vibrant purple in color with a plethora of umbrellas and straws sticking out the top and glanced about almost nervously as she walked out onto the observatory. Everything about her said lost drunk party girl, but a keen observer might note there was still quite a lot left in that fishbowl and Nova's hips swayed but her steps didn't.

"Hellooooo?" She called out. "Is like this the pool?" She looked around, eyes not quite as a vapid as her question would imply as she didn't see anyone. A moment later there had been no response and she walked straight up to to one of the telescopes that lined the darkest area of the hotel roof, moving with a very plain purpose.

She set the fishbowl down next to it and bent over, her gold skirt being pulled taut about her as she did, the loose shoulder straps threatening to completely give up on their supposed function, but none of this seemed to bother Nova. She glanced through the viewing slot of the telescope, careful to keep her thickly madeup eyes away from actually touching it. She winced and shook her head and then did something that nobody dressed, acting, and talking like her should have ever done, she made several rather precise and careful adjustments to the telescopes setting and glanced through again at a part of the sky that seemed to please her much more.

"There you are." She whispered softly to whatever it was she was looking it through injection-plumped and glossy lips. A happy sigh followed as she stared through the mirrors into outer space.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Elizabeth
Date | Time: late June, midnight +3
Wearing: grey button up long sleeve, camera bag modified to carry a sketch pad, jeans, bare feet.

Five foot five tall walking staff tightly wrapped in criss-crossing thin yellow ribbons, creating diamond patterns showing the silvery wood

Tagging: Nova, closed.

Elizabeth made her slow, painful way up the stairs, walking staff making soft clicking noises on the stone. Sure, there was an elevator, but she didn't want to do that for several reasons.

She paused at the top of the staircase, looking quite surprised. She had never run into another person here before on her various journeys through the night, and was frankly expecting to never see anybody outside aside from the occasional hotel pushed tour.

She couldn't truly get a good look at the woman, but the attire seemed incredibly odd for stargazing. Shrugging, Elizabeth stepped a Little closer, speaking softly, hoping not to startle her too much.

"Lovely evening, isn't it? I'd ask if you couldn't sleep either, but I kinda doubt most people try to sleep in an outfit like that, and if I was coming out into the desert at night I'd wear something warmer."

RedPhoenix

Nova had, unfortunately, or quite fortunately depending on you perspective, been wholly observed in what she was doing. Even as Elizabeth approached the woman was reaching up and making minor, very precise adjustments to the advice, again completely at ads with what she was wearing and the drink next to her. It wasn't until Elizabeth made a sound behind her that her behavior finally came into alignment with her outfit.

"GAH!" She started, pulling up quickly, a hand on her chest as she whirled about, eyes wide and looking like she would have jumped out of her skin if she hadn't been wearing five inch heels. She looked both startled and scared for a moment, eyes on Elizabeth not seemingly calmed down at all like one might expect from whirling about and seeing only a short woman in comfy clothes.

She took a deep breath, then another, almost as if it was a practiced motion to show off how little she was wearing then finally spoke, hand still to her rising and falling chest, "Like oh my god you like totally freaked me out there!" She laughed, almost wheezing in relief as she caught her breath.

"Sleep?" She seemed confused by the question. "It's like, like barely past midnight, why would I be sleeping? That's when the fun starts, girl!" She smiled at Elizabeth, seeming to have some thoughts of her own about the other woman's outfit but not speaking them outloud.

"So like, I guess I'd better get back down there," she reached down and scooped up her fishbowl drink with both hands, "You wanna come?"

Elizabeth Ecsed

Wearing: grey button up long sleeve, camera bag modified to carry a sketch pad, jeans, bare feet.

Five foot five tall walking staff tightly wrapped in criss-crossing thin yellow ribbons, creating diamond patterns showing the silvery wood

Elizabeth took a half step back, surprised by the intensity of the reaction. She leaned on her staff, holding out her other hand in a gesture that said 'hey. Friendly person here, no weapons, please don't panic. Please.'

Elizabeth didn't seem particularly impressed by the lack of garments, or the quite shapely body that they more or less covered. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. "

She took another step back, just to get a better view of The other woman, who was a good foot taller in those shoes "Christ on a cracker, you're tall." She muttered. "How do you walk in those heels? I'd fall over in a heartbeat."

She had to laugh softly. "I'm not much of a night owl. I actually have a bunch of photographs of the dawn out here...  I'm just used to sleeping when it's dark and everything's quiet."

Shaking her head, Elizabeth limped over to a different telescope. "No. I just got up here. I will happily stay quiet if you want to have some solitude up here though."

RedPhoenix

Nova seemed at a bit of a loss as to the question of how she walked in these shoes. Her knee-jerk reaction would have been to say it's easy once you get used to them, but glancing at the woman's cane that might be an insensitive thing to say. She did indeed tower over the shorter woman in these things though, of course that was the idea wasn't it? At least part of it.

"Oh no like I'm good, I just got lost up here, is the elevator like that way?" She pointed towards where Elizabeth had come from. "Ok cool see ya!" She turned and prepared to high tail it out of there.

Elizabeth Ecsed

"Lost... " Elizabeth said thoughtfully, glancing at the noticeably long distance from The Observatory to the hotel.

Since Nova had abandoned the telescope, the redhead   stepped closer, tilting her head to try to site down the telescope barrel, wondering what the other woman had been looking at. "Mmm. A planet, right? Mars? I think Jupiter's a completely different color. Or am I getting those two confused?"

Without straightening up from the telescope, Elizabeth quietly added "I understand if you have somewhere to be, people to mingle with, or.... Whatever else it is night owls do, but if you have some free time, I actually would like some company"

RedPhoenix

Nova turned around as she was about to duck down the passage to the elevator, a somewhat relieved smile on her face. She glance down at herself, then up and down Elizabeth pointedly. "Like, no offense girl but I don't think we had the same kinda party in mind tonight." She said with a smile. "Unless you got on something real interesting under that getup."