Corrupted Image Files?

Started by Faustus, April 08, 2015, 02:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faustus

I'm not sure if this actually is best under the computer section, but it mostly has to do with the computer side and not the phone. . .

I have images saved on my phone. These, for the record, are NOT generated through the camera of my phone (HTC One, M7 or M8. Can't recall) but are either saved directly from the internet (long hold - save as) or screenshots on the phone system. When I reach a certain number I transfer everything over to my PC via USB cable.

This time when transferring I noticed certain files (not all, but more than 35%) were popping up with an error suggesting they were damaged or corrupted. I found this odd, as in the folder I was transferring them FROM the image showed perfectly. Transferring the problem picture individually did not fix this.

If I right-click on the file and choose to open it with Chrome the original image appears perfectly fine without any complaints. All other browsers gave the same error message.

Does ANYONE have any idea what could be going on with this? It a very strange.

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Faustus

I FIGURED IT OUT.

The files, because they have been saved through the mobile Google Chrome application, have been saving more frequently in Google's .webp format instead of the .jpg or .png format! My computer does not appreciate these files formats and cannot currently read it outside of the chrome browser!

Thus it works FINE for my mobile but totally messes up on the computer. Good to know.

CASE SOLVED

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]