Gotham RPG - Cobblepot, Nygma or Gordon (F looking for M)

Started by Becca, November 02, 2014, 11:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becca

Hi!
Thanks for taking an interest in my request! If you're interested please do send me a PM and we can discuss the many details lacking in this post, since I'll try and make it as general as possible to allow lots of wiggle room.

I've been watching the new Gotham show and I'm more than interested in two of the series's take on the characters: Oswald Cobblepot and Edward Nygma. I just love how they are being portrayed and the actors they chose to play them... even if specially Cobblepot doesn't fit the cannon description of the character (you know short stature, heavy weight, and beak-like nose... well, he sort of has the last one, but much milder than usual).
There's some similarities with the original characters, but really I'm sort of obsessed with this adaptation, so I'd love for someone to play either of these characters opposite to either a OC or a CC played by me.

I'm particularly craving a RPG involving Cobblepot or Gordon

In Cobblepot's case, I can see my character being a cabaret singer in the underworld bars and high class restaurants the mafia frequents, a tough girl who grew up in the streets, and much like him simply wants to make something out of her life, but in a very different direction than Oswald. Would he pull her down to his world of corruption or could she help him better himself? Well, that's one aspect that would be more than interesting to play out, but it's open for debate. I can certainly play other types of character, it's open to discussion.

A little description of this particular character -disregarding completely the original comic book character for the sake of sticking to this new adaptation of the gotham universe-: At first glance Cobblepot appears to be milquetoast, subservient, and somewhat of a sycophant. In reality he is an ambitious and cunning sociopath who is willing to do whatever it takes to obtain power. Despite this hunger, Cobblepot is patient and uses his high intellect to concoct plans in order to reach his goals. Virtually every move he makes is premeditated to a certain degree. Even when things don't go exactly as planed, Cobblepot is highly adept at dealing the hand he is given and making the best of it. Among the darker parts of Cobblepot's personality is his tenancy for violence. He is more than willing to kill someone when he feels it's necessary and does so without pity or remorse.
(Specially interested in this character after watching the 7th episode. I'm willing to playing other character concepts against him if anyone has any particular cravings or ideas)

With Edward, I'd be more than willing to play Kristin Kringle or any OC we can come up with. I am very interested in the geeky and obsessive way he's being portrayed in the show, specially how odd he can be at times, like sniffing Kristin as she walks by him and completely rearranging her office without even considering it might be something inappropriate, plus his -very cannon- obsession with riddles and almost encyclopedic like knowledge.

I'd be also willing to give James Gordon a try, if someone was interested in playing him, do contact me! I already have a WONDERFUL rpg featuring James Gordon, and so though I'm very interested in him, I might have to be persuaded into giving it another go, but hey, it could happen :)

Becca

A small bump, just to check if anyone is interested :)