Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

Sure thing.  Expecting some dodging in your future?  You should be. 

Blythe

I sat and thought about it and thought, "Has Miyo been in combat yet?" Dodging started seeming like a better and better idea at that point.  ;D

Kythia

Yes, but "Has Miyo been in a chess competition yet"?

Blythe

No....but if someone throws chess pieces at her, she'd be waaay more likely to dodge them.  :P

.....although now I am wondering about chess.....

Remiel

That reminds me, I should probably allocate Norm's points.

He can't skate through his entire life solely on his good looks...

darras

He can't skate through his entire life solely on his good looks...

Well that's a defeatist attitude!

I'd like to put all mine into general education please.

Kythia

Done (darras).

And I agree.  The second you give up on skating through life on good looks alone you've lost.  You might as well just get a job and learn some social skills at that point.

Remiel

Okay, I'm going to put 4 of Norm's XP into Notice and 10 into Dodge.

Also going to make a Notice check against his brand new level of 30 to see if he hears the conversation that Miyo hears.  Is that cool?

Summary: At 2014-03-10 19:47:56, Norm L. Mann (uid: 9411) rolls: 1d100 Result: 9

Full Result: Norm L. Mann rolled: 1d100
Comment: Notice Check
Result: 9,
Total: 9

Kythia

The xp spend is cool.  Overhearing the conversation less so, I fear.  My issue is that the conversation happened prior to the xp spend.

Although you did score under your old score I guess...OK, yeah.  You overhear but that roll was made against old skill not new skill.

I must update the wiki.  Got a couple of posts to write but then will do that.

Kythia

Gimme a Charm check please Remiel (significant - so rolling under Soul)

Remiel

Yellow Moons, Green Clovers, or Purple Horseshoes?

Oh, THAT kind of charm. Right, right.

Kythia

Quote from: Remiel on March 11, 2014, 05:59:13 PM
At 2014-03-11 17:58:28, Norm L. Mann (uid: 9411) rolls: 1d100 Result: 45

Norm's charm is only 15%, so that means I failed, right?

<string of sarcastic comments redacted>

Nope, it was a significant check so you only need to roll under the governing stat (soul) which is 50

darras

Sorry for the short post, been a hectic weekend and my brain is mush.

Heads up though, I'm flying to the UK for a week 21-28 so I won't be able to get online to look at the game in that time :)

Kythia

Tell me about it.  House is a war zone at the moment as certain people are being unreasonably grumpy at losing some utterly unimportant Rugby contest and certain other people are being totally reasonably grumpy at losing some totally important football match.

Blythe

Hope I made the right kind of check for Miyo in the IC! ^^

Kythia

You did, aye.  And 'twas a success.

Blythe

Rank 6 Unnatural check

IC post did say to shout if I don't know what this means. So what is this and how do I make the check?

Kythia

Indeedy.

It's one of the stress gauges, the unnatural.  The floating girl causing you to question what is normal and what isn't.

Make a roll, you're trying to get under your Mind skill.  Success gives you a hardened notch in the Unnatural and brings you closer to no longer having any reference point as to what is "normal" and what isn't.

Failure gives you a failed notch and brings you closer to absolute mental breakdown.  Plus, in the short term, you must decide between the fight, freeze and flee reactions.  Gimme a sec and I'll dig up the post where I talk about them in more depth.

Kythia

Well, that took forever, but I found it.

Read over the spoiler in this post for more details.

Blythe

So we toss our roll here in the OOC and post our reaction when we get our results? ^^

Miyo's roll!

Remiel

Here's Norm's.

Summary: At 2014-03-22 21:41:08, Norm L. Mann (uid: 9411) rolls: 1d100 Result: 31

Although the floating girl doesn't faze him, he's one step closer to becoming a psychopath.

Kythia

Yep.  You both succeed, feel free to post when the mood strikes you.

Blythe

Oh, Remiel, I couldn't remember if Norm dropped his gun or not. I recall him lifting it up when the armed James showed up, but I couldn't remember if Norm had been disarmed by James and company or not?

If he was disarmed, could someone poke me so I can change my post so it isn't ridiculous?

Remiel

He didn't drop his gun.  He just lowered it so the boy wouldn't do anything rash.