[Numenera]Interest Check - Post apocalypse science-fantasy, all players welcome!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 03, 2015, 11:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

That's a great idea!

Here's a thread for character sheets! Once everyone's posted in there, I'll update the game OP and start the actual game thread!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Aiyanna

THANK YOU!!!

OMG epiphany!!!

HEY Darkling! You know how you wanted to do the numenera-virus-gave-your-character-powers thing like I did? Well, why not we both have that?! For my character connections, one of them says I need a character who came from the same place that I did. If you came from the same place, it would make sense that you somehow got exposed to the same weird virus! It just effected you differently, for some reason. Maybe you happened to be in the area where the nano disposed of the stuff, so no one knew you got exposed until later, and my character wouldn't know about it because she got sent away from the tribe. What do you think?
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

Galactic Druid

CeruleanSerenity

Galactic Druid

Everything is looking good. Do you guys feel ready to start soon? I'm going to try and have a post up for you guys by the end of the week. I'd like to see if Darkling accepts BA's connection first, though.

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CeruleanSerenity

ChaoticSky

Quote from: BaronessAiyanna on March 23, 2015, 01:26:21 PM
THANK YOU!!!

OMG epiphany!!!

HEY Darkling! You know how you wanted to do the numenera-virus-gave-your-character-powers thing like I did? Well, why not we both have that?! For my character connections, one of them says I need a character who came from the same place that I did. If you came from the same place, it would make sense that you somehow got exposed to the same weird virus! It just effected you differently, for some reason. Maybe you happened to be in the area where the nano disposed of the stuff, so no one knew you got exposed until later, and my character wouldn't know about it because she got sent away from the tribe. What do you think?
Yea sure, that works nicely. Ill wiggle a little description in for how that happened, but its a good link.^^

sorry for the delay, started tradeschool last week and been alittle frazzled from reshuffling my schedule.

Will get the final little tweaks for my sheet/connections done today.

Galactic Druid

Looks great so far, Darkling!

Alright, I'm going to put a few notes up on the OP for the thread where I can keep track of your stats and damage track status, and we'll be ready to get started.

I don't know about you guys, but it's always been annoying to me when a GM starts a game off along the lines of "Okay, so you're in a guild, you all know each other and are a team, and the leader is giving you guys your new job. He wants you to go to..."

Unless anyone objects, I'm going to start us off by describing where you begin, allow you to introduce your own characters and decide for yourselves if you know each other (Sounds like Avari and Naomi likely do), and then work the story to get you all involved. I actually have a pretty good idea, depending on who does what...

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Galactic Druid

Before I forget, one last thing I need to know from our male players; are you guys okay writing scenes with female characters being written by a male writer? If you guys are okay with writing opposed to female NPCs, things like that murder brothel are totally going to happen. I thought I'd check though, don't want to push anyone outside their comfort zone.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Re Z L

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 25, 2015, 03:45:51 PM
Before I forget, one last thing I need to know from our male players; are you guys okay writing scenes with female characters being written by a male writer? If you guys are okay with writing opposed to female NPCs, things like that murder brothel are totally going to happen. I thought I'd check though, don't want to push anyone outside their comfort zone.

All is well!
A&A

Aiyanna

It was interesting picking someone for the clumsiness connection lol. Couldn't pick the graceful jack, of course, and the wolf didn't seem a likely choice.

By the way, RPguy, would it be too OP to add better hearing and the ability to see in the dark to my character? It just makes sense with the foxy additions. You can take something as a penalty, of course. Just a thought though, don't have to run with it :)
Ideas
O/o's

Galactic Druid

Yes, and there's actually 2 options on how we could go about doing it.

Option 1 is what you suggested a thematic inability to match her thematic bonuses. I'm thinking perhaps while she has some new abilities, she's also developed a foxy instinct that makes her a bit flighty, so checks to avoid fear effects or intimidation are one step harder, or perhaps any task done under duress or while incapacitated is harder due to fighting her natural instincts.

Option two is to take the abilities and apply an XP cost to them. There's a ruleset in the CRB for players that want to start as veterans or more powerful characters that basically has certain traits and backstories applied to them for the bonus XP, such as a background that a character is being hunted by a character or NPC is worth around 4XP, or that the character doesn't understand their abilities or where they came from, and can't progress further until they do would be worth 12 bonus XP.

Aiyanna

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 26, 2015, 04:56:46 PM
Yes, and there's actually 2 options on how we could go about doing it.

Option 1 is what you suggested a thematic inability to match her thematic bonuses. I'm thinking perhaps while she has some new abilities, she's also developed a foxy instinct that makes her a bit flighty, so checks to avoid fear effects or intimidation are one step harder, or perhaps any task done under duress or while incapacitated is harder due to fighting her natural instincts.

Option two is to take the abilities and apply an XP cost to them. There's a ruleset in the CRB for players that want to start as veterans or more powerful characters that basically has certain traits and backstories applied to them for the bonus XP, such as a background that a character is being hunted by a character or NPC is worth around 4XP, or that the character doesn't understand their abilities or where they came from, and can't progress further until they do would be worth 12 bonus XP.

So with the XP option, it will just take longer for my character to 'level up' the first time? If I'm understanding right, I'll go with that option. I think the fear and intimidation bit just wouldn't make as much sense for a Glaive.
Ideas
O/o's

Galactic Druid

I'm almost done here, I wanted to get some stuff done in my notebook before making the opening post. I'll be starting the game thread tomorrow!

Galactic Druid

The game thread is up!!

I decided to let you all introduce your characters however you like, I thought that would be more fun than "So you're all in the market, Borsch called you together for a job...". Anyway, hope you all enjoy!

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Galactic Druid

Crash

CeruleanSerenity

I have been busy recently, and I don't think things will get better until this weekend is over... but I'm still hoping to get my intro post up sometime over the next day or two. Sorry about the delay.

Crash

Galactic Druid

Out if curiousity, how is everyone feeling about the game at this point? Is there anything I can do to help?