Game of Thrones AU

Started by Primarch, June 05, 2012, 04:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jouzinka

Quote from: Primarch on June 06, 2012, 08:31:27 AM
Its somewhat up to whoever takes up the King really. There are a number of possibilities that could all dance around why Ned was killed.
A) Ned was executed so the son of Robert could take his claim as King, as opposed to waiting until he came of age.
B) Ned was executed for believing the son of Robert was born of incest (which may or may not be true depending on player interest).
C) Ned was executed for believing the son of Robert was born of an affair with someone else (which may or may not be true)

I do think it would be easiest if whomever occupied the position of Queen (be it Kate or someone else) gave some acknowledgment towards the 'bastard plot' or something similar. But there are options. 
A) would imply that the plot existed prior to killing the King and that Ned knew about it and was in a position to stop it or that he afterwards had proofs of it being carried out.

I believe that this is an important question to ask, since whether Ned lives or no and _what_ he knew (and possibly who he shared it with) or no is crucial to the setting and the motivations, not only the Starks *waggles eyebrows at Stark*, but virtually everyone involved and not involved...

He doesn't necessarily have to be dead totes, since Ned transferred the "rule" over the North to Robb before going to King's Landing, much like Robb transferred it to Bran when he went off to war.

But I agree. Probably the easiest to let the Queen chime in. ;D
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

JDrew Spider

I for one would be happy to collaborate a juicy back story with anyone willing. :) I'm still not sure what direction I want the Queen too go. I think I want her to be a selfish yet tempered seductress. Who is more than willing to do anything that needs to be done to ensure her bloodline.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Quote from: Primarch on June 06, 2012, 06:49:39 AM
Hello Bubby : D

Hello hot stuff.  ;) You're so mean...being such a tempter with this game...I still have my old Greyjoy char, But I have her as Queen...could switch it up...ARGH DAMN YOU MAN...

*Pounces Primarch and molests in a faux angry fashion*  >:) 

I could make Kyra much like Yara (Asha) Greyjoy, daughter, but it would work better if we had a son... how about I just reserve that spot for now, and see what comes up?

The Dark Raven

Still interested, but thinking on a different idea. Probably a Lannister this time.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Primarch

Quote from: JDrew Spider on June 06, 2012, 10:46:42 AM
I for one would be happy to collaborate a juicy back story with anyone willing. :) I'm still not sure what direction I want the Queen too go. I think I want her to be a selfish yet tempered seductress. Who is more than willing to do anything that needs to be done to ensure her bloodline.

Sounds good to me!

Quote from: bubby on June 06, 2012, 12:42:18 PM
I could make Kyra much like Yara (Asha) Greyjoy, daughter, but it would work better if we had a son... how about I just reserve that spot for now, and see what comes up?

A Son could still come along, would be even more tempting with a sister already in place. Gives the son someone to RP with without needing to go ashore.

Quote from: Daylily on June 06, 2012, 12:47:30 PM
Still interested, but thinking on a different idea. Probably a Lannister this time.

Lannister's were my original favourite, probably still are. I play a Lannister-Knight on my GoT RP site.

bubby

[quote author=Primarch link=topic=142242.msg6400111#msg6400111 date=1339006748

A Son could still come along, would be even more tempting with a sister already in place. Gives the son someone to RP with without needing to go ashore.

[/quote]

I'll wait to see if anyone else wants to play a Greyjoy. I don't want to be stuck RPing all by myself..lol.

JDrew Spider

*Tackles bubby* :) Welcome!
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 06, 2012, 01:38:36 PM
I'll wait to see if anyone else wants to play a Greyjoy. I don't want to be stuck RPing all by myself..lol.

Worst case scenario you get involved with one of the mainland families and join them in fucking shit up. I hear Greyjoy girls cement alliances the naughty way. 

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

bubby

Quote from: JDrew Spider on June 06, 2012, 01:46:49 PM
*Tackles bubby* :) Welcome!

*Squeals and smooches* I haven't joined yet! Lol! ...prolly will though...

Quote from: Primarch on June 06, 2012, 01:48:35 PM
Worst case scenario you get involved with one of the mainland families and join them in fucking shit up. I hear Greyjoy girls cement alliances the naughty way. 

I say more...BEST case scenario...rawr!

Delirium147

I'm up for this.

Either Greyjoy as well or a Baratheon. Maybe both? If I play them both I'd make the Greyjoy a son of the lord, so I don't play two lords, per your request.
Currently looking for: /

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Primarch

The Dark Raven

Reserving a Lannister Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

Stark

Sorry I couldn't resist making another character and who wouldn't want to play a Lannister?

Name: Ser Tyrus Lannister

House: Lannister

Titles/Positions: Son

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Equipment: Longsword, Shield bearing Lannister Coat of Arms, Knife, Chainmail, Custom Steel armour, long red clock bearing Lannister Coat of Arms.

Strengths & Skills: Very few who carry the honorific of "Ser" actually have the pure combat skill of deserving it, Tyrus does. Outside of his talents with a sword and shield, Tyrus is extremely cold and cunning, with a simple whisper in an ear or exchanging money with the right hands he found he could manipulate and control weak people he saw below him and no one would question him if he would pay, because a Lannister always pays his debts.

Weaknesses: Gluttonous, hedonistic, abusive, cruel, merciless, egotistical, lewd, proud and stubborn.

Backstory: Growing up Tyrus was surrounded by money, not much love. If he cried, or if he had a tantrum the way it was dealt with was by giving him all he desired. But soon this was not enough he wanted more, greed consumed the boy seeing others enjoying themselves with something he would want it instantly but then he would want to be the only one to have it, for example if he saw another with a toy sword he would demand it and then have the other toy sword be destroyed. He wanted it all, but only for himself.

The boy was growing up too greedy for the families liking, in an effort to rid his gluttonous, abusive, cruel and merciless ways they sent him at the age of eleven to be a squire for a Knight of House Crakehall. The knights of which being famous for being fearless and fierce warriors in the realm. But if they thought the boy was abusive and cruel when he had others do his bidding, they were stupid for putting a sword and shield in his hand, the boy found himself in his own with a sword and shield in his hand, showing himself he did not need others to carry out his own orders but with a sword and shield he could do whatever he pleased and if anyone tried to stop them he would just kill them. Which has happened plenty of times, Tyrus seeing another giving him an eye or a look which displeased him would lead to Tyrus drawing his blade and then drawing blood. Numerous times House Lannister had to cover up the bloody mess Tyrus often left behind.

During his time as a Squire Tyrus won his first tourney melee. The thrill of the fight, the thrill of dying at any one moment, with a simple swing or thrust, it excited the young Lannister. To the point where Tyrus only truly feels alive when either fighting or fucking, the rush of adrenaline he gets the best and only aphrodisiac for him. To the point where he founds the rest of his live and the events in them boring and trivial, often quoted as saying "I am a Lannister, and talk is far too cheap for us, so let us just fight." Also during his time as squire it is often said he saved the life of his Knight numerous times, Tyrus did not do this out of duty or devotion to the knight, simply for the recognition, he enjoyed seeing the impressed faces of others when told of his deeds. There were even rumours that the knight he squired for was often too drunk and hung over to even attempt to battle, so Tyrus wore his armour and fought for him, although this has never been confirmed.

It was at the age of sixteen where Tyrus found himself knighted, helping quash a rebellion of dishonoured and disgraced knights, it has been rumoured that it was Ser Barristan Selmy also known as, "Barristan the Bold" who knighted the young Lannister. Once he had been knighted he was offered a place on the Kingsguard but Tyrus refused, he only fought for family and family meant you carried the same second name, other then that unless told to by his Father he would not raise a blade in the name of another. To this day Tyrus still kills any who he feels gives him a look which he dislikes, causing many to find deep interest in the floor whilst in his presence. He is also an extremely proud and stubborn individual, a sense of pride filling him each time he dons the Lannister Coat of Arms.

With the passing of his mother when Tyrus was still a young man meant there was a void for a motherly figure, which was taken up by his older sister Eveserene. Who helped keep Tyrus ambitious and encouraged him in his endeavours. There are few whom Tyrus will take advice from and Eveserene is one he will always refer to on matters he needs help and advice on. Eveserene has a soothing affect on the young Lannister, to the point where she is one of the few who can rein in Tyrus when he is in a rage or tantrum.

Primarch

Quote from: Daylily on June 06, 2012, 03:30:20 PM
Reserving a Lannister Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

You got it.

Quote from: Stark on June 06, 2012, 03:37:03 PM
Sorry I couldn't resist making another character and who wouldn't want to play a Lannister?

The history is a bit short and doesn't get across the personality traits described in his weaknesses. Not to mention the Kingsguard doesn't tend to get many vacancies, and considering his age it would have been Robert putting him on the Kingsguard. I don't see Robert making the offer more then once to a Lannister, certainly when a reason for declining isn't given.

Also everything beyond the first sentence in his strengths & skills section doesn't relate to his strengths or skills. 

Stark

Primarch

bubby

OK FINE! Twist my arm...  ::) put me down for Greyjoy daughter. I'll edit the character I have, and submit it by at LEAST this weekend.

JDrew Spider

* smug look*

Yup...I knew it.

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Swashbuckler

Hmmm, Master of Whispers.....tempting

Rel Mayer

Has anyone taken the dornish lady? Because I have a pretty sweet idea for her. I'll upload a character sheet in a bit.

TreyWalker

I would also be interested in being a Dornish Character. Either the heir or a younger son.

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 06, 2012, 04:47:05 PM
OK FINE! Twist my arm...  ::) put me down for Greyjoy daughter. I'll edit the character I have, and submit it by at LEAST this weekend.

I sure will : D

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 06, 2012, 04:56:17 PM
Has anyone taken the dornish lady? Because I have a pretty sweet idea for her. I'll upload a character sheet in a bit.

Nobody has, but I shall reserve it for you

Quote from: TreyWalker on June 06, 2012, 05:00:46 PM
I would also be interested in being a Dornish Character. Either the heir or a younger son.

Excellent, I'll reserve.

Quote from: Swashbuckler on June 06, 2012, 04:50:49 PM
Hmmm, Master of Whispers.....tempting

I've not come across someone interested in taking up the role before. Let me know if you want to go ahead and I'll reserve, or just post a character sheet.

bubby

So...since there really is no other Greyjoy to run off of atm... am I assuming correctly that I could make mine essentially canon? Backstory is where I'm at a bit of a loss...

Being Greyjoy they've pretty much decided "fuck it we're gunna take what we want how we want", which is easy to work with, but the history, with no other Greyjoys, will be a bit tougher..