Vampire the Masquerade: Seattle by Night [closed for now! Thank you, all! <3 ]

Started by Blythe, August 27, 2016, 05:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geeklet

Also, who says a character has to start as a harpy to be one? *may or may not be trying to get that position ICly*

Blythe

The idea of Clan Nosferatu initially making a bid to dominate the gossip-and-reputation scene is an insanely entertaining thought. Imagine some poor Ventrue realizing they have to suck up to the Nosferatu to avoid their reputation being trashed. Just totally flips the High and Low Clans dynamic in a very fun way.  ;D

Re Z L

Quote from: Geeklet on September 02, 2016, 10:17:43 PM
Also, who says a character has to start as a harpy to be one? *may or may not be trying to get that position ICly*

Ha!  That sounds great on several levels  ;D
A&A

Hades

I don't know why you people are so focused on court positions anyway.  When I take over the domain it's all going to change...

er....I mean...

I'm sure nothing will happen to our great and beloved Prince at all, right?   >.>  <.<

Sits in the corner, adjusting his halo   O:)

marauder13

Quote from: Blythe on September 02, 2016, 10:23:03 PM
The idea of Clan Nosferatu initially making a bid to dominate the gossip-and-reputation scene is an insanely entertaining thought. Imagine some poor Ventrue realizing they have to suck up to the Nosferatu to avoid their reputation being trashed. Just totally flips the High and Low Clans dynamic in a very fun way.  ;D

A Ventrue? Think of a Toreador's reaction to that.

Quote from: Hades on September 02, 2016, 10:30:50 PM
I don't know why you people are so focused on court positions anyway.  When I take over the domain it's all going to change...

er....I mean...

I'm sure nothing will happen to our great and beloved Prince at all, right?   >.>  <.<

Sits in the corner, adjusting his halo   O:)

For the right payment, my Assamite would be more than willing to look the other way when it all happens.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Blythe on September 02, 2016, 10:23:03 PM

>.<

Who put this idea in the GM's head?!?!

Oh...Geeklet of course!!!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

marauder13

Quote from: RedPhoenix on September 02, 2016, 10:40:44 PM
>.<

Who put this idea in the GM's head?!?!

Oh...Geeklet of course!!!

If I took a Nos, I would have put the idea in his head.

Rummy Tum Tum

Damn. This hasn't even started and I already want a second character. I plan to wait til I get more acquainted with the world and such before making it. Or rather, before sending it in. I kinda filled out a rough draft on a sheet already.

Rummy Tum Tum

AndyZ

Name: Noelle Fontaine
Clan: Toreador
Gender/Sex: Female
Nature: Bon Vivant
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Generation: 9

Attributes

Strength: *
Dexterity: ***
Stamina: **

Charisma: ***
Manipulation: ***
Appearance: ****

Perception: ***
Intelligence: **** (Problem Solver)
Wits: ***

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: ***
Athletics: *
Brawl: *
Dodge:
Empathy: *** 
Expression: *
Intimidation: *
Leadership: *
Streetwise:
Subterfuge: ***

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette: *
Firearms:
Melee: *
Performance: ***
Security:
Stealth:
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: *
Computer:
Finance: **
Investigation: *
Law: *
Linguistics: * (French)
Medicine: *
Occult: *
Politics: *
Science: *

Advantages

Backgrounds: Generation 4 Herd 2 Influence (Theater) 1 Resources 4 Retainer 1 Status (Camarilla) 2 Toreador 2

Disciplines: Auspex 3 Celerity 2 Presence 3 Potence 1

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction: 3

Self-Control/Instinct: 4

Courage: 3

Humanity/Path: 7

Willpower: 6

Blood Pool: 14

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits: (list cost!)
Blush of Health 2, Elysium Regular, Former Ghoul, Harmless
Flaws: (list points!)

Personality: Describe a bit about your character's personality--this can just be a list of general personality traits they show, or you can go in-depth to talk about why they behave they way they do!

Many people who claim that life is a game only say so because they intend to win.  The only fun to be had, though, is while all the pieces are still out and there's no clear victor.

Unlike many Toreador, Noelle isn't afraid to show that she's imperfect if it means that she can grow from the experience.  Eternity is a long time to live in stagnation, and even if she's not always perfect in getting with the times, she puts in an honest effort.  The life she grew up in was so different from the modern day that it's only understandable that she's not always perfect with the fashion styles.

Naturally, though, that doesn't extend to anything about her appearance she cannot change.  She's not overweight; the current societal expectations are simply too ridiculously thin.  Similarly, disparaging remarks about the touch of French accent she'd never been able to overcome never meet a kind reception.

History: What was life like for your character before the Embrace? Talk a bit about their lives then, and talk a little bit about their actual Embrace and the time just after. Does not have to be super detailed--perhaps a paragraph or two.

The first couple decades of Noelle's life were in Paris, growing up as a dancer and learning all about beauty.  Becoming a dancer, it didn't take her long to draw the interest of a Toreador and be ghouled.

His name was Raoul Durand.  Even with everything she later learned about the Blood Bond, it still feels real.  He treated her so kindly, so perfectly, even if he did the same with half a dozen others.  He put together a group, all beautiful girls who could dance their routine as perfectly as possible.

Time was a blur.  She only received one night a month with him, but what a night.  She loved the taste of his Vitae, but almost dreaded whenever he opened his veins, for it meant that their time would soon be over.

She never did find out who killed him.

Tragedy struck in Seattle, far less than a beautiful city for all its rain but no less wondrous for all that it had to offer in its own way.  She only spoke rudimentary English by that point, but the choice that she was given was rather clear: someone would vouch for her, someone who owed Raoul a favor.  She could live, or she could die.

Many would say she chose life.  Others could easily claim that to live was no longer truly an option.

It didn't take her long to learn and adapt.  She was always smart as well as beautiful; some even said that that was why she was chosen when others collapsed to withered old age. 

One thing that Raoul always told her came quickly into play: never let yourself stop breathing.  Other than while wearing a corset, she never did.  The reasons eventually became obvious: she could manage herself much more easily that way, staying warm, keeping a reasonable amount of color and even allowing for sex without all the bloody mess that others seemed to require.

Her apprenticeship ended once she had managed her sire's business of the theater long enough to find a ghoul replacement.  By then it was 1960, and the world was rapidly changing.

She's had four decades to build a true name for herself.  The nightclub she owns is called the Second Circle, set up in the University District and painted lovingly with Alighieri imagery.  Every few years, she gives it some sort of a makeover, always striving to make it truly perfect.  Her Retainer is Fernando Morales, a bouncer who is much wiser than he looks but holds little in actual common with her own clan.  Should he ever truly earn the Embrace, she would have to see about finding him a proper sire.

Your O/Os for this character: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=23998

NOTE: For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla). Freebie Points: Backgrounds 7 Merits 5 Willpower 3

Experience: Attributes 16 Abilities 5 Disciplines 45 Backgrounds 9
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

Sheet reviews will be done tonight or tomorrow, Re Z L and AndyZ! I'll be sure to PM you if I have questions or need clarification on anything. ^^

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Re Z L

Quote from: Blythe on September 05, 2016, 06:32:14 PM
Sheet reviews will be done tonight or tomorrow, Re Z L and AndyZ! I'll be sure to PM you if I have questions or need clarification on anything. ^^

Sounds good to me, King-in-Yellow  ;D
A&A

Blythe

@ Re Z L: Sheet approved and has been posted to the CS thread! Seattle welcomes having a Nosferatu Harpy!  ;D

Blythe

Note: I am no longer accepting ancilla characters unless you are applying to be a Harpy (marauder13 excepted; he applied for an ancilla spot before my cut-off and was awaiting a reply for a PM from me, so he can still submit one).

Neonates only from here on in for first Kindred characters. I'll open up the floodgates soon for human and ghoul PCs once I have more work done on IC posting and more work done on finalizing people's sheets. :)

marauder13

Hi Bly,

I just noticed that your Talents list differs from the character sheet in the VtM20 rules. It has Awareness, but no Dodge. Will we be sticking to your list as it is in the template, or do I have to rejuggle my numbers to fit the differences?

Cheers,

M13

Blythe

Quote from: marauder13 on September 06, 2016, 05:16:44 AM
Hi Bly,

I just noticed that your Talents list differs from the character sheet in the VtM20 rules. It has Awareness, but no Dodge. Will we be sticking to your list as it is in the template, or do I have to rejuggle my numbers to fit the differences?

Cheers,

M13

I am using the Revised edition, not V20, so you will need to juggle to fit the sheet template provided in-thread. V20 doesn't have a humongous amount of differences from Revised (so it should still be possible for you to make a character), but they did fold Dodge into Athletics. In Revised, those are still two separate skills.

marauder13

Name: Richard bin Taskeen el-Hakim bint Qasim al-Alttayih  A.K.A. Richard Assard
Clan: Assamite (Schismatic)
Gender/Sex: Male
Nature: Scientist
Demeanor: Traditionalist
Generation: 8th

Attributes

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 4 (Cat Like Reflexes)
Stamina: 2

Charisma: 3
Manipulation: 2
Appearance: 2

Perception: 3
Intelligence: 3
Wits: 4

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: 3
Athletics:
Brawl:
Dodge:
Empathy: 3
Expression:
Intimidation: 1
Leadership: 2
Streetwise: 2
Subterfuge: 2

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms: 1
Melee: 3
Performance: 2
Security:
Stealth: 2
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: 2
Computer: 3
Finance:
Investigation: 2
Law:
Linguistics: 1
Medicine: 2
Occult: 4
Politics:
Science: 2

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Contacts: 1
Generation: 5
Herd: 2
Influence: 2
Resources: 3
Status(Camarilla): 1

Disciplines:
Assamite Sorcery: 3
  Awakening of the Steel 3
  Path of Technomancy 2
Auspex: 2
Obfuscate: 0
Quietus: 0

Thaumaturgic Rituals
First Level
Illuminate the Trail of the Prey

Second Level
Ward vs Ghoul

Third Level
Ward vs Lupine

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction: 2

Self-Control/Instinct: 3

Courage: 5

Humanity/Path: 6

Willpower: 9

Blood Pool: 15

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits: (list cost!)
Additional Discipline (Auspex): 5
Efficient Digestion: 3
Eidetic Memory: 2

Flaws: (list points!)
Infertile Vitae: 5

Personality: Richard is close to being a stereotypical Englishman; he is urbane, polite, never offends anyone, unless they have been ill mannered enough to be impolite to himself first. He is a naturally social fellow, and will strike up a conversation with anyone who so desires to have one.

Being an Assamite, he is keenly aware of his tenuous position, but since he has been accepted into the Domain of Seattle, his has let his guard down a little.

History: Richard was the second son of Syrian descent parents who's ancestors immigrated in the early 1800's. On reaching a sufficient age, he joined the British Army, and due to good marks from school, and a natural aptitude for leadership, he entered officer training and was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant. Not long after, he was given a platoon leader role in the 6th Ghurka Regiment, which he held until the outbreak of World War 2. Due to his heritage, he was transfered to MI6, and sent to Arabia to help ready a force to deal with the Turks if they decided to ally with the Germans.

While there, his Sire discovered his investigations, including tracking German agents interested in occult artifacts, and embraced him. He was trained as a Sorcerer, like his Sire, and was soon back in the field hunting for the knowledge to help release the Clan from the Tremere Curse.

When the New Eldest arose, Richard followed his Sire in leaving Almut. But before they parted company, his Sire gave him an assignment that she had been waiting for him to mature some more before giving it to him. As directed, Richard travelled to Seattle, presented himself to the Prince and was accepted into his Domain. Richard then set about getting himself ready to act on his latest assignment.

Your O/Os for this character: Using these.

NOTE: For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).
Freebie Points

Freebie Points: 15 + 5 (Flaws) - 10 (Merits) = 10
Willpower 5 --> 9   4(6)
Herd 0 --> 2   2(4)
Humanity 5 --> 6   1(3)
Resources 0 --> 3   3(0)

XP

Experience Points: 75
Manipulation 1 --> 2   4(71)
Stamina 1 --> 2   4(67)

Assamite Sorcery 2 --> 3   10(57)
Auspex 1 --> 2   5(52)
Path of Technomancy 0 --> 1   7(45)
Path of Technomancy 1 --> 2   4(41)

Empathy 1 --> 2   2(39)
Empathy 2 --> 3   4(35)
Firearms 0 --> 1   3(32)
Investigation 0 --> 1   3(29)
Investigation 1 --> 2   2(27)
Melee 2 --> 3   4(23)
Occult 3 --> 4   6(17)
Performance 0 --> 1   3(14)
Performance 1 --> 2   2(12)
Stealth 1 --> 2   2(10)
Streetwise 1 --> 2   2(8)
Subterfuge 1 --> 2   2(6)

Contacts 1   3(3)
Status (Camarilla) 1   3(0)

Blythe

I'll review your character tomorrow or the next day, marauder13, and I'll PM you if I have questions or need changes to be made. :-)

If anyone else is wishing to submit their 1st character, please feel free to do so in the interim, but remember that I'm not currently accepting any more ancilla, Malkavians, Caitiff, or thin-bloods. In other words, looking specifically for neonates of Camarilla (or maybe other!) varieties!

Our Elysium and Sandbox threads are both currently up, but things have just started, and right now, it's super easy to just plop a character on in to the fun if you're on the fence about joining, although I must warn that the group is very large and has been a bit quick in pace, so if you need any help finding your feet, you can absolutely always come to me to ask for help or assistance! And we have a great group of cooperative and fun players here!  ;D

For people considering making a 2nd character, the floodgates for that will be opened roughabouts on Sept. 14th. By then, I hope to have a list of ratios of what character types we have in order to help people decide what direction they can go in for 2nd character choices. :)

Nadir

Name: Federico Rosselini
Clan: Giovanni
Gender/Sex: Male/Male
Nature: Deviant
Demeanor: Survivour
Generation: 13th

Attributes

Strength: **
Stamina: ***

Charisma: *
Manipulation: *
Appearance: *****

Perception: *****
Intelligence: ****
Wits: *

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: ***
Athletics:
Brawl:
Dodge: **
Empathy: 
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge:

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive: *
Etiquette: ***
Firearms: ***
Melee: **
Performance:
Security:
Stealth: ***
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: ***
Computer:
Investigation:
Law: **
Linguistics: *
Medicine:
Occult: ****
Politics: ***
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Resources: 4 (Has access to a Giovanni bank account, must keep transactions “minimal” to evade attention)
Generation: 1

Disciplines:
Necromancy (The Sepulchre Path): 2
Potence: 1

Virtues:
Conscience: 4

Self-Control: 5

Courage: 1

Humanity: 8

Willpower: 7

Blood Pool: 10

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
Blush of Health (2)
Common Sense (1)
Oracular Ability (3)

Flaws:
Nightmares (1)
Enemy (4)
Derangement; necrophilia [Bly help I can find if this one comes with extra merit points to spend]

freebie point tally; 15 + 5 (base plus flaws)
20 - 6 (minus merits)
14 - 4 (willpower)
10 - 6 (stealth)
4 - 2 (academics)
2 - 2 (occult)

Personality: Federico is, in a word, a coward. He is selfish in a way common in large families, knowing he has to look out for himself to get what he needs in life. His tight knit family also gave him the skill of seeing when generosity and camaraderie would improve his position and standing. He is skilled at judging situations and acting for his own benefit. He is currently highly nervous and paranoid due to losing (aka running away from) everything he has ever known, and being embraced without much guidance given on surviving.     

History: Born and raised in one of the Giovanni offshoots, Federico was being groomed from a young age to take his place in the clan’s ranks. He was singled out more for his pleasing features than his intelligence, but they both helped him keep his great-aunts and uncles pleased. During one of the church services held to give worship to their ancestors, the patriarch of the off-shoot took notice of him, and began teaching him of the occult, and disclosed his future fate, laying it out as something seductive and desirable.

It was not how it happened.

The Sabbat discovered their villa, and the deathsquad struck with almost no prior warning, and in desperate panic, many were embraced before their time to act as little more than meat shields to give the more valuable elders time to escape. Federico was one of them. Though trained as much in fighting as academia, Federico did not stay to do his duty, knowing the numbers and seeing his siblings and cousins die, but instead fled the slaughter, and kept running.He doesn’t know if anyone survived, and doesn’t want his clan to know that he had also. He is hiding in Seattle, thinking a denser population would allow him better cover.

Your O/Os for this character: O/Os

Blythe

marauder13

PM read, and replied to.

* Anxiously waits for the green light to get going. Already hatching plots with players and can't wait to get them started :D *

Blythe

@ Marauder13: Everything in your PM sounded great to me! Sheet approved, and Seattle welcomes it's first schismatic Assamite! I will post your sheet up in the CS thread, and please feel free to head on over to the OOC thread.

Nadir

Edits done, added a point to Alertness and put on the specialties

freebie point tally; 15 + 7 (base plus flaws)
22 - 6 (minus merits)
16 - 4 (willpower)
12 - 6 (stealth)
6 - 2 (academics)
4 - 2 (occult)
2-2 (Alertness)

Name: Federico Rosselini
Clan: Giovanni
Gender/Sex: Male/Male
Nature: Deviant
Demeanor: Survivour
Generation: 13th

Attributes

Strength: **
Stamina: ***

Charisma: *
Manipulation: *
Appearance: ***** (Specialty; get more attractive when damaged [lol])

Perception: ***** (Specialty; uncanny instincts)
Intelligence: **** (Specialty; smart enough to know how dumb he is creative logic)
Wits: *

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: **** (Specialty; CONSTANT VIGILANCE)
Athletics:
Brawl:
Dodge: **
Empathy: 
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge:

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive: *
Etiquette: ***
Firearms: ***
Melee: **
Performance:
Security:
Stealth: ***
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: ***
Computer:
Investigation:
Law: **
Linguistics: * (English, Italian)
Medicine:
Occult: **** (Specialty; Rituals)
Politics: ***
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Resources: 4 (Has access to a Giovanni bank account, must keep transactions “minimal” to evade attention)
Generation: 1

Disciplines:
Necromancy (The Sepulchre Path): 2
Potence: 1

Virtues:
Conscience: 4

Self-Control: 5

Courage: 1

Humanity: 8

Willpower: 7

Blood Pool: 10

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
Blush of Health (2)
Common Sense (1)
Oracular Ability (3)

Flaws:
Nightmares (1)
Enemy (4)
Derangement; necrophilia  (2)

Personality: Federico is, in a word, a coward. He is selfish in a way common in large families, knowing he has to look out for himself to get what he needs in life. His tight knit family also gave him the skill of seeing when generosity and camaraderie would improve his position and standing. He is skilled at judging situations and acting for his own benefit. He is currently highly nervous and paranoid due to losing (aka running away from) everything he has ever known, and being embraced without much guidance given on surviving.     

History: Born and raised in one of the Giovanni offshoots, Federico was being groomed from a young age to take his place in the clan’s ranks. He was singled out more for his pleasing features than his intelligence, but they both helped him keep his great-aunts and uncles pleased. During one of the church services held to give worship to their ancestors, the patriarch of the off-shoot took notice of him, and began teaching him of the occult, and disclosed his future fate, laying it out as something seductive and desirable.

It was not how it happened.

The Sabbat discovered their villa, and the deathsquad struck with almost no prior warning, and in desperate panic, many were embraced before their time to act as little more than meat shields to give the more valuable elders time to escape. Federico was one of them. Though trained as much in fighting as academia, Federico did not stay to do his duty, knowing the numbers and seeing his siblings and cousins die, but instead fled the slaughter, and kept running.He doesn’t know if anyone survived, and doesn’t want his clan to know that he had also. He is hiding in Seattle, thinking a denser population would allow him better cover.

Your O/Os for this character: O/Os