News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[Interest Check] Android/Robot/Mecha Musume RP

Started by ShanaTheIV, March 04, 2012, 06:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShanaTheIV

I'm am a huge... HUGE fan of anything related to Gundum, mecha, androids and some robots. I figured having an rp based on those things (along with SOME humans for good measure) would be a dream come true. I haven't thought too much on the story yet but I may need some help on that. For now though, this is just an interest check.

I don't want to focus TOO much on the on the sex... I basically had an action orientated rp in mind with a little be of romance here and there.

Some inspiring photos:

http://gelbooru.com//images/1160/9a35bf39ef9f61cc959b637ae9c94419.jpg?1371587
http://gelbooru.com//images/1084/8fd0c240d967eccf0db5a019b8c0334d.jpg?1295091
http://gelbooru.com//images/1228/456160939cf61c71f0d5a37873c49916.jpg?1439954
http://gelbooru.com//images/1218/ac372d05ce264d2cc92954fcac83e4ef.jpg?1429344
http://gelbooru.com//images/1208/dfc8ba3ed5f57eccc3e1e2619c3cab83.jpg?1419691

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

ShadowFox89

My interest, you have it.

Freeform or system?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShanaTheIV

Leaning towards freeform since I don't know much about systems yet...

Chaeronea

What sort of feel would this game have? Are you looking for a grand space-opera type like Martian Successor Nadesico and Space Battleship Yamato? Or are you looking at running something more gritty and real-world, like Appleseed or Ghost in the Shell?

ShanaTheIV

I'm also leaning towards gritty and real-world. I was thinking maybe it would take place a few hundred years in the future in a mini-apocalypse. The earth has been overrun by some kind of terrorist organization or a group of robotic aliens. On top of that, the oxygen on earth is dissipating, making it harder to beneath thus focusing the humans to live underground or indoors that provide more oxygen. Something like that. What do you guys think? If the idea sucks, I think I'm able to come up with something else.     

ShadowFox89

If you need help pulling a setting together, I love creating homebrew worlds ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ryanmcallister80

I'd be interested in this too, big fan of Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell.. Also fan of the Heavy Gear RPG and Battletech.

I like the idea of it being not so far in the future too, maybe humans got too close to discovering another alien race close by and they launched a pre-emptive strike on us and we've just started reverse engineering their technology? 

Blobbe

I'd be interested, provisional on what section it's going to be in.

ShanaTheIV

Shadow Fox (or anyone else for that matter), feel free to PM any suggestions you may have.

Ryan, I'll look into the idea. I like your thinking.

Do you guys think there should be sex involved? I mean, I love mecha musume and androids enough for it to be a fetish of mine and I can see it happening, but liked rather focus more on action and romance. Maybe we can save the sexual stuff for later?

ryanmcallister80

Re: Sex.

I'd say it would be down to individual players to consent to them being involved in a sexual scene with another character. While romance and flirting is probably a staple of most genres, big robots included nobody should feel sex is compulsory.

That being said, I'm all for it, LOL.

ShadowFox89

Sexy time in the cockpit of a mecha? XP

Well, if you've got an idea of the kind of setting you'd want, I can put something together over the next few days and show you a rough draft idea.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShanaTheIV

Alright. Credit goes to Ryan for the nuts and bots. I only expended it.

In the year 2077, the Earth was suddenly visited by a group of extraterrestrial life forms on a group of space ships that first appeared in the Untied States. The aliens appeared to be somewhat similar to humans with only a few difference. They were accompanied by a large group of their mechanical soldiers and are lead by a male alien named Vexterix Crow (or just Vex for short). He and his kind seek to combine and expand the two worlds together to become whole. Of course, many people of earth did not trust them already, including most of the world leaders. After a bit of conversation with the conventional command and all the world leaders, Vex and his kind were turned down for various reasons. The earth just felt that it is too risky to from an alliance with the aliens. At least not yet. It may also be because Vex simply reuse to answer any questions he's been asked.

Three mouths later, Vexterix came back to earth to declare war on the humans as an act of revenge. His army consist of mechanical soldiers, mechs, and weapons to launch an assault on the people of earth. The alien army was more powerful than anticipated, resulting in a few million deaths and the lost of most of the conventional command and control centers, rendering earth's military scattered and without leadership. The earth was at the vague of being under Vex's control.

Fortunately, the people of earth menage to use a group of allied weapons, artificial beings, and bio suits (that's us; or you can be one of the bad guys) to counter the alien army.

I think the enemies' main forces could be currently occupying Japan as of now, with will be the main setting. What do you guys think?

Also, Vex, the antagonist might actually be a cyborg.                 

Chaeronea

Sounds interesting :) So presumably we're running a guerilla-type resistance like in Code Geass. Also, did Earth manage to reverse-engineer their own Mech designs from Vex's army, or do the Earth forces just steal them and use them as they are, like the Black Knights did against the Brittanian Empire in the first episodes of Code Geass?

Shana, when you mentioned Vex's forces were made up of 'mechanical soldiers' do you mean they are non-sentient drones like the Zeravire from Gravion or the Terminators from the Terminator movies, sentient robots like the Boomers uot of Bubblegum Crisis, or just biological pilots for mecha like the Zentraedi from Macross?

In regards to sex in this RP, I think Ryan's right - leave it to the players to decide if the situation warrants it. I think his other points are also correct - lets face it, in Giant Robot Drama (note the caps) there just has to be Unrequited Love, Romantic Tension and the ever-popular Love Traingle! )note the caps again :) )

ShanaTheIV

Earth did reverse-engineer their own designs, yes.

Vex has all kinds of mechanical forces at his disposal. In fact, they can be all of those you maintained. Some of my ideal ones resemble monstrous, medal creatures like this one.

I guess I will allow sex after all.  ;D I'll come up with a character templete in a minute.   

ryanmcallister80

I'm thinking for my character of having an artificial/clone created specifically for piloting the new generation of Earth mecha, strong/fast/smart/loyal but inept when it comes to social interaction and non-combat situations.

Blobbe

Hmm... again, need to ask: If sex is going to be a game element, what section would it be in?

Chaeronea

Shana, that pic looks pretty damn scary. Me like!

You mentioned that Earth was on the verge of being conquered by Vex, so he could have set up industrial plants and mines to harvest Earth's raw resources. Is it possible that they could be releasing weird chemical compounds as part of refining those resources into alien materials for Vex's war machine? If so, these might cause side-effects on humans such as development of psychic powers (think the origin of biotics in Earth humans in Mass Effect). Do you have any objections to someone playing a psyker/Newtype character?

ryanmcallister80

If you're thinking of a more gritty/realistic level of mecha game, I'd suggest not having too powerful psychic powers rather than abilities that are going to see mecha being blasted to atoms by energy bolts flying all over the place. Maybe minor powers to allow something like a 'sixth sense' to alert one to imminent danger, or low level mind over matter.

ShanaTheIV

Sorry for failing to answer, Kayla. Since this is primarily an android/mecha RP, it'll most likely be either in the NC or light exotic section. Don't know I want rape involve.

The earth is somewhat at a post-apocalyptic state and Vex plans to rebuilt it as his own and force the survivors into slavery. He already has a floating base hovering just above the city, with is guarded by powerful shields at the moment. Also, I'd rather not have the humans to have any "psychic powers." Maybe some minor ones like Ryan maintained. I was thinking some of them could be engineers or science instead. I have played Mass Effect 2 (good game btw) at one point but I can barely remember it. It has been a well and it was only a retail.     

I'll see if I can found a good picture for Vex as well as the actual setting and maybe some enemies.

ShanaTheIV

Okay. Here's the character templates for each category. If you use a picture, I don't care if it's realistic, cosplay, anime, whatever. They're your characters. Use whatever is acceptable.  :-) 

Android/Robot/Cyborg/Musume

Name:
Creator: (If any)
Appearance:
Description: (Doesn't have to be big but by all means)
Personality: (If any, lol)
Weapons/Abilities: (conjuring weapons and some other items are allowed but try to be reasonable with this one)
Romance/sex: (Yes or no if it's possible)
Sexuality: (If yes to the last one)

Mechs

Name:
Creator:
Appearance:
Description
Size: (No bigger than any tall buildings, please)
Weapons/Capabilities:

Humans

Name:
Description:
Personality:
Special traits: (If any. Not superpowers, but intelligence, senses, pyscial abilities, things like that)
Romance/sex:
Sexually:

For now, I'll allow 3 characters for each player. 2 droids/mechs and 1 human. Also, do you guys want preexisting characters or fandoms as well? I plan to use one... 

Blobbe

Thanks for that; I'm definitely in if its in the "light" section and out if it's in the NC

ShanaTheIV

Yeah. I was thinking that we're better off in light anyway. So yeah, it'll be in the light-exotic section.

ZameRagues

Would you be against a single character having a power suit and a mech? or should they belong to separate characters?
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

ShanaTheIV

If you're referring to fighting enemies in general, you can just leave them to me. I may just have one appear at random if you're not in a safe zone and control it. Just be careful not to god-mod.