Coven - The Witches of Amaans [System Game - Pathfinder] [LGBTQ Friendly]

Started by MasterMischief, November 06, 2013, 12:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwheel

This may have been answered already, but if it was I did not see it; how are we doing HP? Max/half/rolled/etc?

MasterMischief

Ghostwheel

Updated my original post with my application. Almost finished character sheet as well--do you have a date you'd like to start the game at?

I tried to inject a bit of Summer vs. Winter influence in there from the Dresden Files, but let me know if it doesn't work and I'll change the background if needed.

EDIT: Anyone planning on doing a White-Haired Witch? I could see a lot of potential fun with one of those, heh.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Ghostwheel on November 07, 2013, 07:20:20 AM
Updated my original post with my application. Almost finished character sheet as well--do you have a date you'd like to start the game at?

I tried to inject a bit of Summer vs. Winter influence in there from the Dresden Files, but let me know if it doesn't work and I'll change the background if needed.

Perfect! Thr only concern I have is I want to paint the Count as two-faced. Her apears good, but in the shadows his motives are malevolent. Given that, I do not see him staking her mentor to save her from the deed. He could be responsible for her death, putting a witch to fire for 'the good of the village' maybe, while secretly offering her up as some dark sacrifice.

Does that make sense?

Ghostwheel

Ah, sense is made. Sure, I could definitely see him having done that--perhaps he was required to sacrifice a spellcaster of power to his dark gods or demon lords, and my character's mentor made the perfect target as there would be little-to-no repercussion?

If that were the case, would she realize it? Or would she be unaware that he had killed her for that purpose? Either way, she would still want revenge.

Yukina

Quote from: Ghostwheel on November 07, 2013, 07:20:20 AM
EDIT: Anyone planning on doing a White-Haired Witch? I could see a lot of potential fun with one of those, heh.

I was.

Ghostwheel

MasterMischief

Quote from: Ghostwheel on November 07, 2013, 08:19:47 AM
If that were the case, would she realize it? Or would she be unaware that he had killed her for that purpose? Either way, she would still want revenge.

Maybe she found out his true reasons after.

Yukina

Quote from: Ghostwheel on November 07, 2013, 09:06:48 AM
Oooooh, shiny... ;D

I look forward to the hairy shenanigans we shall find ourselves in!

I just have to gear her more towards melee.

Nameless One

Hello everyone. I'm quite interested in this game: recently I'm feeling really fond of ts characters and I'm looking forward to the chane of playing one. But I'm quite a newbie in system role plays, so I'm going to need some guidance. First of all, do you have still some free place for a ts, bisexual oriented witch in the party?

Technical questions: are there more than one kind of "witches" ? Where can I find them? Are there specific roles still in need of covering? (healer, defensive spells oriented, offensive spells oriented, stealth, ...)

I'm more than ready to work on a character that fits nicely in the party (no pun intended)!

EDIT: Another question... Are we going to use the Book of Erotic Fantasy in this scenario?
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

MasterMischief

Transexuals and bisexuals are absolutely welcome as is everyone else. Just let me know what kind of sexual content, if any, you would like to see in the story and I will do my best to work it in.

There are many kinds of Witches. Do a Google search for Pathfinder SRD. Witches are in Base Classes.

No one needs to fill a particular role. This will not be a dungeon crawl. I will base the conflict around the characters.

I am no expert with Pathfinde, but I have 20+ years running table top games. Most of that was with new players. We will get through this and hopefully have some fun.

Nameless One

Well... To be honest, I'd like to see A LOT of sexual contents in the story ;D and I'm quite open about its kind. I'll google the witches as soon as I can and I'll try to come up with an interesting character idea.
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

TheGlyphstone

Putting together a full-blood Orc Scarred Witch Doctor now. Annoying that Orcs get +Str instead of +Con instead, but you can't have everything, and it means I can semi-effectively wail on people in melee once they're debuffed via Evil Eye or Misfortune. Especially if someone else is making a White-haired Witch for a grapple partner.

We might want to coordinate Hexes as well, now that I think of it. Misfortune and Cackle will be my first two (Scar Shield replaces my 1st-level hex, and I'm spending a feat on Extra Hex), with the Accursed Hex feat to help Misfortune stick better.

Ghostwheel

I've got Misfortune and Slumber, plan on picking up Cackle in 3 levels.

For my level 2 spells (not counting the patron-granted one) I've got Blindness/Deafness and Web. We might want to coordinate those even more.

TheGlyphstone

Pity you can't Cackle the hexes of other Witches. That would make it a lot easier to keep our debuffs rolling.

Nameless One

I'm inclined towards a control & protection oriented character (since Anon wrote about playing the healer). So I guess my hexes and spells will be something in the lines of charm, command, hypnotism and so on.

Ons and Offs

Yukina

Yukina

Thank you. My sheet almost finished. I just have to select some more items.

Edit: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=701616

TheGlyphstone

Sheet is done, minus a background:

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12970

I went with Boiling Blood and Enemy's Heart as my 2nd level spells, and Evil Eye+Cackle as Hexes.

Story idea: We've established that the Count performs sacrifices to his evil patron, part of the secret we're trying to expose. What if the evil/demonic god he worships is a power that is normally only worshipped by Orcish culture? Hunting down and destroying him would be an easy way to keep Karsh focused on party unity...the others might be weak non-orcs, but they're not heretics. It might even be the same god Karsh worships, giving him added personal impetus to 'cleanse' his faith.

Yukina

Seems good. My idea was that he killed the families of our characters, giving everyone a personal motivation to end his life.

TheGlyphstone

Well, Ghostwheel's character wants to kill him because he murdered her mentor. Mine wants to kill him because he's a heretic worshipping an orcish god for power. Yours could want to kill him because he killed your character's family as a sacrifice. They all go along the same general theme of his dark secret, but with more individual variety than everyone going Inigo Montoya on him.

Yukina

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 07, 2013, 12:57:45 PM
Well, Ghostwheel's character wants to kill him because he murdered her mentor. Mine wants to kill him because he's a heretic worshipping an orcish god for power. Yours could want to kill him because he killed your character's family as a sacrifice. They all go along the same general theme of his dark secret, but with more individual variety than everyone going Inigo Montoya on him.

I'm perfectly fine with that. :)

Ghostwheel

Correction; he killed my character's mentor BEFORE my character got to kill them FIRST! :P

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Ghostwheel on November 07, 2013, 12:59:23 PM
Correction; he killed my character's mentor BEFORE my character got to kill them FIRST! :P

Close enough. :D

That sort of ruthlessness would probably impress Karsh a little bit, coming from a non-Orc.