Intrest check : World of Warcraft

Started by Vincent, September 16, 2008, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

Quote from: Lilaen on September 22, 2008, 08:17:48 PM
Who all / what races / classes do we have so far? I'll try to fit in depending on the other classes.

Don't try to fit in. as a true player knows, the fun i making a difficult group work together ( Like having a Fury warrior, and 1 CC for H MagT, wewt!)
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Bayushi

Quote from: Vincent on September 22, 2008, 11:23:11 PMDon't try to fit in. as a true player knows, the fun i making a difficult group work together ( Like having a Fury warrior, and 1 CC for H MagT, wewt!)

*shudder*

Don't remind me.

Last ever MrT run I ever made, and likely ever will make, was myself(Rogue, combat Mace/Sword), Felguard Lock, Feral Druid, Oomkin Druid, and Resto Druid. The Lock couldn't understand to NOT FEAR things when the back two 6-pack's of trash weren't cleared(this being on Priestess Delrissa).

But he kept doing it anyways. Six wipes later, I hearthed.  >:(

Lilaen

Well I was trying to avoid the PuG from hell :P But sure, lemmie make my character and PM it over.

I'm pondering using my character from this RP I just started. ;)

CaptainErotica

I'm leaning toward a Tuarian (sp) warrior.

Aiden

I am an enhancement shaman (orc male, name Grinjaw Thundercall)

to all your rogues.
*Drops down WF, twists in grace, drops strength of earth*
"LOVE ME!.....but I won't heal you...low mana pool.... >.>

Erastaz

Well, I'm one of the many new people. And naturally, being a wow player, this entry caught my eye. I even have a horde myself, warrior, tauren. I'll be more than happy to bring him along to this little shin dig. Though, he's a bit over the top and I mean that quite physically. I'm not sure how anal the WOW players are about logical statistics that Blizzard based on their characters but, let me know.

Vincent

okey, this looks like it's gonna grow from a Party amount of peopel to a Small guild :P At this rate, we might make a Kara run :P
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Lilaen

This is going to be primarily RP though I hope? Like, if it fits in with our characters' reasons to raid Kara, sure, but we're focusing on RP, yus?

Aiden

Quote from: Lilaen on September 23, 2008, 07:02:02 PM
This is going to be primarily RP though I hope? Like, if it fits in with our characters' reasons to raid Kara, sure, but we're focusing on RP, yus?

What she said.

(I've done to much kara to actually want to RP it on here.... >.> )

Bayushi

Quote from: Aiden on September 23, 2008, 08:41:58 PMWhat she said.

(I've done to much kara to actually want to RP it on here.... >.> )

Yes, please, no Karazhan.

Been in there WAAAAY too much.

The only raid that comes to mind, that I think would be fun to RP would have to be Serpentshrine. Why? If they got creatures "of the deep" in there... that implies Cthulian horrors... tentacle abuse, anyone?  ;D I know I'd enjoy that..... personally. Can't say my character would, though.

Zaer Darkwail

I gived application for retirbution Belf paladin (based on my real WoW char in Ravenholdt). I prefer if we RP during period when patch 3.0 has landed as it changes a lot stuff (and gives many cool stuff for all classes).

Also note we could run some '5 mans' as '10 mans' but to make encounters in them tougher and able move more around and complexes could be bigger.

Vincent

ok.. ok.. Seems we have the intrest, i'll write it up in between classes, should have it posted in a day ot so.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Lilaen

Sweet. Are we going to have an OOC thread anywhere, or just introduce our characters in the posting? *Figures the latter, but is unsure how they're going about this.*

Vincent

Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Bayushi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 24, 2008, 02:48:38 AM(based on my real WoW char in Ravenholdt).

Whoa whoa whoa! You play Horde on Ravenholdt?!

Me too!

What's your Paladin's name, and were you in <Abhorrent Taboo> before it disbanded?

Aiden

I was on ravenhold also.

My chars on there are

Reytoro
and
Godhand

I was in Questionable Intent <---before we merged
other guilds I was part of on ravnenholdt
Relativity (current guild but also very dead, also have not played on that server in months)

Bayushi

I knew a Godhand on Mannoroth-Alliance.

He was kind of annoying.  :P

Anyways, I was just in Diurne, a raiding guild that just doesn't seem to raid past Kara right now. They were in Hyjal/BT, but suddenly just seemed to give up on it. That helped inspire my roommate to quit WoW.  :( Sent me all his gold and all.

I was in Abhorrent Taboo, the only reason I even rolled on Ravenholdt. Some guy started ranting on the WoW General Forums... claiming that AT was trying to corrupt and molest children online, so that they could meet IRL. So I rolled on Ravenholdt to see if it was the truth(it wasn't). AT was one of the friendliest guilds I've ever been in... but someone complained to GM's, and they disbanded the guild themselves.

I don't know if I'll be on Ravenholdt much longer. I'm in <Aolasais Guild> now, Aolasai being a sweetheart who plays a 70 BE Priestess. I'll probably be transferring off server to a RP-PvE realm after 1 October, along with moving my 70 Human Rogue off of Twisting Nether to the same realm. I'll miss the PvP ruleset... but meh. I can use a break, and I really want to RP.

Zaer Darkwail

I am in Ravenholdt europe side of the server. My char is Kaelash, he is retribution atm. I was not in Abhorrent Taboo guild, I am now in Banned in trial.

Aiden

Yea I could never find any Rp partners, maybe cause I was Tuaren, I don't know so my Rp kick was being a master blacksmith but that only gets so much.....play time.

I might Xfer, or I might stick to my alliance toons on a PVE server, I have not decided, atm I have no desire to play wow anyway. (monthly fee pecking at my bank account every month)

Bayushi

That sucks.

Tauren can be fun to RP, if you find good partners. It just seems like RP is starting to die off on Ravenholdt.

As for the monthly fee.... well.... considering how much playtime one can get out of $15 US, to me it's far more than worth the price.

Zaer, you're on the Euro Ravenholdt? >.< Damn, was hoping you meant the American Ravenholdt, where I have a 51 BE Rogue currently, named Evanesce.(Sorry, forgot I leveled last night)

Zaer Darkwail

yeh, it seems most on Elliquiy WoW gamers are on american servers than europe ones which is kinda sad as online RP could been fun sometimes. But messaging this way is also ok :).

RP dying of Ravenholdt? Not news to me, it has kinda died away already in my server and we barely keep up World PvP events and our gem vendor was 94% last night as I checked.

Vincent

THe mind is a wonderful thing. Especially mine. Even better when i use it...

With that being said I have a different approach to this game in mind.

what i decided i want to do, is give people the chace to build off of one another. That being said, it's gonna be based around a city ( Ogirmmar, and Undercity most likely.) With the characters meeting up  and then going off to Adventure. Leveling won't so much be in ( To keep it more freeform) It'll be more just Experience ( Yes, you could go right to outlands, but people would kindly send you back to Durotar with encouragment that you'll be ready for the task some day.)

So ya, that's pretty much it..

( If this goes to a full scale Large group game ( I can hope) I'll prolly post up threads for Each area.)

Victory for the Horde and Honor to the Warchief!

-Brontul
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Aiden

Vincent

Ok, it's posted. And sinse i'm not the surest on my Linking ability for other threads, it's called Legends of the Horde (A world of Warcraft story) feel free to go post up your bios, and mingle in the city.

Victory to the Horde and Honor to the Warchief!

-Brontul
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.