Hogwarts: The Next Generation Recruitment Thread (Still Recruiting)

Started by Untamed Skies, March 12, 2018, 06:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untamed Skies

Following the second defeat of The Dark Lord Voldemort the wizard community began to rebuild. This was the second time in as many decades that death eaters were put on trial and sentenced away to Azkaban. That families mourned the loss of their loved ones, and once more they community was forced to ask itself how had the terrible actions taken by The Dark Lord and his followers been allowed to come to pass?

Details emerged little by little, of his dark experimentation while still in Hogwarts, the warning signs before he had been accepted. These signs, this early fascination that had driven Voldemort had also been present when the infamous Gellert Grindewald had attended school. Like Voldemort he had come into contact with the dark arts before he was even an adult, perhaps too much power, too much knowledge were being put into the hands of students before they were truly ready for the responsibility.

So in the year 2000 it was decided by The Ministry of Magic that Hogwarts would no longer accept students until they were sixteen years of age. Instead Prior to their acceptance into the school of witchcraft and wizardry students would attend school as normal, either home schooled (which was the most popular option for pure-bloods) or attending muggle school. It was generally accepted that this decision would result in the use of more accidental magic, and thus the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes was expanded to compensate. Students would only Only attend Hogwarts once they were of a responsible age. Upon arriving at Hogwarts students would receive their education as normal.

It has been almost Twenty Years since the fall of the Dark Lord, though he is but a distant memory the scars of his reign of terror is still felt by the community. Even today there are still those that fear to say his name, out of worry that The Dark Lord may have cheated death twice. Worst of all a wary mistrust still exists as many remember how many flocked under the banner of The Dark Lord. He did not return to a handful of followers but to a army, and with ties in the ministry he took it completely. Who among the wizard community might still harbor old prejudices? Who might have sold out others who resisted? Is it possible that walking among one another were still loyal death eaters simply awaiting the call of their lord so that they might create terror and havoc once more?

Even Hogwarts isn't completely free of these prejudices. There are those that remember which house was filled with followers. The families that elected to save themselves. However aside  life at Hogwarts is mostly the same as it ever was. Most students are more preoccupied with their studies, their friends, romances, quidditch, and the house cup to get consumed in won or lost in the Battle of Hogwarts.

Now the first students born after the fall of the dark lord are now attending class within the halls, and as their numbers grow optimism grows with them. As Hogwarts opens it's doors once more, what new mysteries await?

Untamed Skies

The overall goal of the game is to follow as closely to the Harry Potter universe as possible. There are some changes made for the sake of the game, (Cannon characters, and the ages attending Hogwarts being the most notable.) However everything else will be followed as closely to lore as possible. There will be quidditch, as well as the house cup which means players will be awarded and docked points from their houses.

There were also be a mystery taking place at Hogwarts over the course of the school year that will be guided by the GM. Events that tie in the mystery will be tagged as a "GM Plot," And at one point or another the goal will be to tie in every player to this mystery leading to it's conclusion.

Players may also create plots provided they have GM approval ahead of time.

Out of Character Thread
Accepted Characters Thread

1.) Always comply with E's rules and regulations as well as common sense rules. (No god modding, power playing, etc.)
2.) The Game will be primarily a free-form sandbox with a system for Quidditch
3.) All characters must at least 17 years of age or older.
4.) Face Claims must be of real actors and not infringe on E's rules. Artwork will not be accepted
5.) Player Characters will be strictly human, no werewolves, veela, etc.
6.) There isn't a posting speed requirement, we ask that players be as active as is possible, and if someone will be unable to post for a extended period of time, (More then two weeks) to give us a heads up.
7.)  Posts should be at least a paragraph
8.) There will be a header players are expected to use when posting.

More rules may be added as need for them arises

Can I play a cannon character?
All players will be playing original characters.

How many characters are allowed?
To start no more then 3 students per player, with one at least one being a 1st year.

Can I play a pure-blood?
Pure-blood families will be restricted to one per player. Players creating a Pure-blood family will be expected to have 3 generations of family, and are encouraged to tie their families to other pure-blood families of other players.

Though players are restricted to one Pure-blood family, the player is welcome to create multiple characters from their family.

Can I choose which house my character will go into?
I will provide in the character creation a set of questions to submitted with the character sheet. These Questions come from The Pottermore website. Questions should be answered as the character would answer them. When the character is accepted I will let them know which house they got sorted into.

Alternatively for first years at the start of the game if they'd like to keep it a mystery they can wait until the sorting ceremony for their house to be revealed.

What about NPCs?
NPCs provided in a approved character's background as family are welcome to be included in scenes.

Will you be looking for a co-gm
That depends on the interest

Will there be sex?
It isn't the main focus of the game, but there will be a private thread in which scenes can be moved too.

Untamed Skies

Please PM all character profiles along with the character's sorting quiz to Untamed_Skies and Mellific

Sean O'Pry reserved for Untamed_Skies
Chris Hemsworth reserved for Untamed_Skies
Daniel Bederov reserved for Mellific
Tom Holland Reserved for swashbuckler.
Joe Kerry reserved for swashbuckler
Logan Lerman reserved for TheSilentBang
Baptiste Giabiconi reserved for Blythe
Vincet Casel reserved for King Superior
Robert Patrick Amell reserved for Eikichi
Stephen Amell reserved for Eikichi
Nicholas Hoult reserved for Eikichi
Luis Hoffman reserved for TheWomboldt
Gackt Camui reserved for LamentingQuill
Ryan Reynolds reserved for Auctor
Austin Victoria reserved for Lady Sakura
Won Jong Jin reserved for Supermouse
Will Tudor reserved for Calleach
Anthony Gastelier reserved for Peripherie
Dylan O'Brien reserved for HockeyGod
Adam Coussins reserved for HockeyGod
Douglas Booth reserved for Lux89
Oliver Goodwill reserved for Lux89
Manish Dayal reserved for Heartsink
Ash Stymest reserved for Symphonic

Beirt Beirkland reserved for Untamed Skies
Victoria Magrath reserved for Mellific
Lucy Hale reserved for Mellific
Adelaide Kane reserved for Anouk Daae
Felicia Day reserved for RubySlippers
Katherine Boecher reserved for RubySlippers
Ksenia Solo reserved for Wicked Emi
Mahafsoun reserved for Jag
Kaya Scodelario reserved for Zealously Jaded
Jenna Rosenow reserved for Zealousy Jaded
Eva Wahlström reserved for RedPhoenix
Paige Hathaway reserved for Crash
Fay Connie Zchmidt reserved for Crash
Scarlett Howard reserved for LamentingQuill
Q'orianka Kilcher reserved for LamentingQuil
Alina Phillips reserved for CurvyKitten
Ruby Rose reserved for CurvyKitten
Alejandra Alonso reserved for Lady Sakura
Naressa Valdez reserved for Lady Sakura
Rooney Mar reserved for Calleach
Sarah McDaniel reserved for Peripherie
Lalisa Manoban reserved for Heartsink

Vadim Shatilov reserved for Jag

[float=right][img height=250]INSERT URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age/Birthdate[/b]: (Would be between September 1st 2000-2001)
[b]Blood Status[/b]: (Pure, Half, or Muggle-born)
[b]House[/b]: (Will be told upon acceptance)
[b]Year[/b]: 1st Year
[b]Wand[/b]: (Wood, Core, Length, Optional: Other details)
[b]FaceClaim[/b]: (Must follow E's guidlines, no artwork)
[b]Height/Weight[/b]:
[b]Hair Color[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Marks[/b]: (Tattoos, scars, other marks of note)
[b]Sexual Orientation[/b]:
[b]Home[/b]: (Hometown, must be in England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales)
[b]Personality[/b]: (Can list attributes or describe)
[b]Family[/b]: (Family, if Pure-blood please include 3 generations worth)
[b]History[/b]: (Key moments of character's life prior to Hogwarts)
[b]Likes[/b]: (What are hobbies, interests of the character?)
[b]Dislikes[/b]: (What can the character not stand?)
[b]Moments of Glory[/b]: (What accomplishments is the character proud of?)
[b]Moments of Shame[/b]: (What moments is the character not so proud of?)
[b]Biggest Regret:[/b] (What is the student's biggest regret?)
[b]Extra-curricular activities: (Groups the 1st year intends to join.)

[float=right][img height=250]INSERT URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age/Birth date[/b]:
[b]Blood Status[/b]: (Pure-blood, Half-blood, or Muggle-born
[b]House[/b]: (Will be revealed upon acceptance)
[b]Year[/b]:
[b]Wand[/b]: (Wood, Core, Length [b]Optional[/b]: other details)
[b]Apparation liscense?[/b] (Not available prior to 6th year)
[b]FaceClaim[/b]:
[b]Height/Weight[/b]:
[b]Hair Color[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Marks[/b]:  (Tattoos, scars, other marks of note)
[b]Sexual Orentation[/b]:
[b]Home[/b]: (Where is the character's hometown? Must be from England, Scotland, Wales, or Ireland)
[b]Personality[/b]: (You can list attributes or describe it.)
[b]Family[/b]: (Surviving family, if Pure-blood please include 3 generations worth)
[b]History[/b]: (History before and after joining Hogwarts)
[b]Likes[/b]: (What are some hobbies/interests of the character?)
[b]Dislikes[/b]: (What can the character not stand?)
[b]Best Known For[/b]: (How is the student known around Hogwarts?)
[b]Moments of Glory[/b]: (Moments the character is proud of)
[b]Moments of Shame[/b]: (Moments the character is not so proud of)
[b]Biggest Regret:[/b] (What is the student's biggest regret?)
[b]Extra curricular subjects[/b]:
[b]Marks[/b]: ( Please have a balanced report card, No more then 2 O's and at least 1 A)
[spoiler=Marks]
Passing Grades
O - Outstanding
E - Exceeds Expectations
A - Acceptable

Failing Grades
P - Poor
D - Dreadful
T - Troll[/spoiler]
[i]Charms[/i] -
[i]Transfiguration[/i] -
[i]Herbology[/i] -
[i]Defense Against the Dark Arts[/i] -
[i]History of Magic[i] -
[i]Potions[/i] -

(optional courses starting 3rd year)
[i]Care of Magical Creatures[/i] -
[i]Astronomy[/i] -
[i]Divination[/i] -
[i]Ancient Runes[/i] -
[i]Arithmancy[/i] -
[i]Muggle Studies[/i] -
[i]Alchemy[/i]- (not available prior to 6th year)

Below is the sorting quiz, along with your character please submit your answers so you can discover where your character has been sorted.

1.) Dusk or Dawn?

2.) Given the choice, would you rather invent a potion that would guarantee you

A.) Wisdom
B.) Power
C.) Love
D.) Glory

3.)Which would you rather be:

A.)Envied?
B.) Imitated?
C.) Trusted?
D.) Praised?
E.) Liked?
F.) Feared?

4.) Which of the following do you find most difficult to deal with?

A.) Hunger
B.) Cold
C.) Being Ignored
D.) Lonliness
E.) Boredom

5.) Which of the following would you most like to study?

A.) Centaurs
B.) Trolls
C.) Vampires
D.) Merpeople
E.) Ghosts
F.) Werewolves
G.) Goblins

6.) Which road tempts you the most?

A.) The wide, sunny, grassy lane
B.) The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley.
C.) The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
D.) The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings

7.) If you were attending Hogwarts, which pet would you choose to take with you?

A.) Tabby Cat                         F.) Tawny Owl                 K.) Dragon Toad
B.) Simese Cat                      G.) Brown Owl                 L.) Common Toad
C.) Ginger Cat                       H.) Snowy Owl                M.) Natterjack Toad
D.) Black Cat                         I.)Screech Owl                N.) Harlequin Toad
E.) White Cat                         J.) Barn Owl                   O.) Three toed tree toad

8.) Left or Right?

Untamed Skies

Many wandmakers simply match the wand length to the size of the witch or wizard who will use it, but this is a crude measure, and fails to take into account many other, important considerations. In my experience, longer wands might suit taller wizards, but they tend to be drawn to bigger personalities, and those of a more spacious and dramatic style of magic. Neater wands favour more elegant and refined spell-casting. However, no single aspect of wand composition should be considered in isolation of all the others, and the type of wood, the core and the flexibility may either counterbalance or enhance the attributes of the wand’s length.

Most wands will be in the range of between nine and fourteen inches. While I have sold extremely short wands (eight inches and under) and very long wands (over fifteen inches), these are exceptionally rare. In the latter case, a physical peculiarity demanded the excessive wand length. However, abnormally short wands usually select those in whose character something is lacking, rather than because they are physically undersized (many small witches and wizards are chosen by longer wands).

Wand flexibility or rigidity denotes the degree of adaptability and willingness to change possessed by the wand-and-owner pair – although, again, this factor ought not to be considered separately from the wand wood, core and length, nor of the owner’s life experience and style of magic, all of which will combine to make the wand in question unique.

Wand Woods

Acacia
A very unusual wand wood, which I have found creates tricky wands that often refuse to produce magic for any but their owner, and also withhold their best effects from all but those most gifted. This sensitivity renders them difficult to place, and I keep only a small stock for those witches or wizards of sufficient subtlety, for acacia is not suited to what is commonly known as ‘bangs-and-smells’ magic. When well-matched, an acacia wand matches any for power, though it is often underrated due to the peculiarity of its temperament.

Alder
Alder is an unyielding wood, yet I have discovered that its ideal owner is not stubborn or obstinate, but often helpful, considerate and most likeable. Whereas most wand woods seek similarity in the characters of those they will best serve, alder is unusual in that it seems to desire a nature that is, if not precisely opposite to its own, then certainly of a markedly different type. When an alder wand is happily placed, it becomes a magnificent, loyal helpmate. Of all wand types, alder is best suited to non-verbal spell work, whence comes its reputation for being suitable only for the most advanced witches and wizards.

Apple
Applewood wands are not made in great numbers. They are powerful and best suited to an owner of high aims and ideals, as this wood mixes poorly with Dark magic. It is said that the possessor of an apple wand will be well-loved and long-lived, and I have often noticed that customers of great personal charm find their perfect match in an applewood wand. An unusual ability to converse with other magical beings in their native tongues is often found among apple wand owners, who include the celebrated author of Merpeople: A Comprehensive Guide to Their Language and Customs, Dylan Marwood.

Ash
The ash wand cleaves to its one true master and ought not to be passed on or gifted from the original owner, because it will lose power and skill. This tendency is extreme if the core is of unicorn. Old superstitions regarding wands rarely bear close examination, but I find that the old rhyme regarding rowan, chestnut, ash and hazel wands (rowan gossips, chestnut drones, ash is stubborn, hazel moans) contains a small nugget of truth. Those witches and wizards best suited to ash wands are not, in my experience, lightly swayed from their beliefs or purposes. However, the brash or over-confident witch or wizard, who often insists on trying wands of this prestigious wood, will be disappointed by its effects. The ideal owner may be stubborn, and will certainly be courageous, but never crass or arrogant.

Aspen
Wand-quality aspen wood is white and fine-grained, and highly prized by all wand-makers for its stylish resemblance to ivory and its usually outstanding charmwork. The proper owner of the aspen wand is often an accomplished duellist, or destined to be so, for the aspen wand is one of those particularly suited to martial magic. An infamous and secretive eighteenth-century duelling club, which called itself The Silver Spears, was reputed to admit only those who owned aspen wands. In my experience, aspen wand owners are generally strong-minded and determined, more likely than most to be attracted by quests and new orders; this is a wand for revolutionaries.

Beech
The true match for a beech wand will be, if young, wise beyond his or her years, and if full-grown, rich in understanding and experience. Beech wands perform very weakly for the narrow-minded and intolerant. Such wizards and witches, having obtained a beech wand without having been suitably matched (yet coveting this most desirable, richly hued and highly prized wand wood), have often presented themselves at the homes of learned wandmakers such as myself, demanding to know the reason for their handsome wand’s lack of power. When properly matched, the beech wand is capable of a subtlety and artistry rarely seen in any other wood, hence its lustrous reputation.

Blackthorn
Blackthorn, which is a very unusual wand wood, has the reputation, in my view well-merited, of being best suited to a warrior. This does not necessarily mean that its owner practises the Dark Arts (although it is undeniable that those who do so will enjoy the blackthorn wand’s prodigious power); one finds blackthorn wands among the Aurors as well as among the denizens of Azkaban. It is a curious feature of the blackthorn bush, which sports wicked thorns, that it produces its sweetest berries after the hardest frosts, and the wands made from this wood appear to need to pass through danger or hardship with their owners to become truly bonded. Given this condition, the blackthorn wand will become as loyal and faithful a servant as one could wish.

Black Walnut
Less common than the standard walnut wand, that of black walnut seeks a master of good instincts and powerful insight. Black walnut is a very handsome wood, but not the easiest to master. It has one pronounced quirk, which is that it is abnormally attuned to inner conflict, and loses power dramatically if its possessor practises any form of self-deception. If the witch or wizard is unable or unwilling to be honest with themselves or others, the wand often fails to perform adequately and must be matched with a new owner if it is to regain its former prowess. Paired with a sincere, self-aware owner, however, it becomes one of the most loyal and impressive wands of all, with a particular flair in all kinds of charmwork.

Cedar
Whenever I meet one who carries a cedar wand, I find strength of character and unusual loyalty. My father, Gervaise Ollivander, used always to say, ‘you will never fool the cedar carrier,’ and I agree: the cedar wand finds its perfect home where there is perspicacity and perception. I would go further than my father, however, in saying that I have never yet met the owner of a cedar wand whom I would care to cross, especially if harm is done to those of whom they are fond. The witch or wizard who is well-matched with cedar carries the potential to be a frightening adversary, which often comes as a shock to those who have thoughtlessly challenged them.

Cherry
This very rare wand wood creates a wand of strange power, most highly prized by the wizarding students of the school of Mahoutokoro in Japan, where those who own cherry wands have special prestige. The Western wand-purchaser should dispel from their minds any notion that the pink blossom of the living tree makes for a frivolous or merely ornamental wand, for cherry wood often makes a wand that possesses truly lethal power, whatever the core, but if teamed with dragon heartstring, the wand ought never to be teamed with a wizard without exceptional self-control and strength of mind.

Chestnut
This is a most curious, multi-faceted wood, which varies greatly in its character depending on the wand core, and takes a great deal of colour from the personality that possesses it. The wand of chestnut is attracted to witches and wizards who are skilled tamers of magical beasts, those who possess great gifts in Herbology, and those who are natural fliers. However, when paired with dragon heartstring, it may find its best match among those who are overfond of luxury and material things, and less scrupulous than they should be about how they are obtained. Conversely, three successive heads of the Wizengamot have possessed chestnut and unicorn wands, for this combination shows a predilection for those concerned with all manner of justice.

Cypress
Cypress wands are associated with nobility. The great medieval wandmaker, Geraint Ollivander, wrote that he was always honoured to match a cypress wand, for he knew he was meeting a witch or wizard who would die a heroic death. Fortunately, in these less blood-thirsty times, the possessors of cypress wands are rarely called upon to lay down their lives, though doubtless many of them would do so if required. Wands of cypress find their soul mates among the brave, the bold and the self-sacrificing: those who are unafraid to confront the shadows in their own and others’ natures.

Dogwood
Dogwood is one of my own personal favourites, and I have found that matching a dogwood wand with its ideal owner is always entertaining. Dogwood wands are quirky and mischievous; they have playful natures and insist upon partners who can provide them with scope for excitement and fun. It would be quite wrong, however, to deduce from this that dogwood wands are not capable of serious magic when called upon to do so; they have been known to perform outstanding spells under difficult conditions, and when paired with a suitably clever and ingenious witch or wizard, can produce dazzling enchantments. An interesting foible of many dogwood wands is that they refuse to perform non-verbal spells and they are often rather noisy.

Ebony
This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters. In my experience the ebony wand’s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.

Elm
The unfounded belief that only pure-bloods can produce magic from elm wands was undoubtedly started by some elm wand owner seeking to prove his own blood credentials, for I have known perfect matches of elm wands who are Muggle-borns. The truth is that elm wands prefer owners with presence, magical dexterity and a certain native dignity. Of all wand woods, elm, in my experience, produces the fewest accidents, the least foolish errors, and the most elegant charms and spells; these are sophisticated wands, capable of highly advanced magic in the right hands (which, again, makes it highly desirable to those who espouse the pure-blood philosophy).

English Oak
A wand for good times and bad, this is a friend as loyal as the wizard who deserves it. Wands of English oak demand partners of strength, courage and fidelity. Less well-known is the propensity for owners of English oak wands to have powerful intuition, and, often, an affinity with the magic of the natural world, with the creatures and plants that are necessary to wizardkind for both magic and pleasure. The oak tree is called King of the Forest from the winter solstice up until the summer solstice, and its wood should only be collected during that time (holly becomes King as the days begin to shorten again, and so holly should only be gathered as the year wanes. This divide is believed to be the origin of the old superstition, ‘When his wand’s oak and hers is holly, then to marry would be folly,’ a superstition that I have found baseless). It is said that Merlin’s wand was of English oak (though his grave has never been found, so this cannot be proven).

Fir
My august grandfather, Gerbold Octavius Ollivander, always called wands of this wood ‘the survivor’s wand’, because he had sold it to three wizards who subsequently passed through mortal peril unscathed. There is no doubt that this wood, coming as it does from the most resilient of trees, produces wands that demand staying power and strength of purpose in their true owners, and that they are poor tools in the hands of the changeable and indecisive. Fir wands are particularly suited to Transfiguration, and favour owners of focused, strong-minded and, occasionally, intimidating demeanour.

Hawthorn
The wandmaker Gregorovitch wrote that hawthorn ‘makes a strange, contradictory wand, as full of paradoxes as the tree that gave it birth, whose leaves and blossoms heal, and yet whose cut branches smell of death.’ While I disagree with many of Gregorovitch’s conclusions, we concur about hawthorn wands, which are complex and intriguing in their natures, just like the owners who best suit them. Hawthorn wands may be particularly suited to healing magic, but they are also adept at curses, and I have generally observed that the hawthorn wand seems most at home with a conflicted nature, or with a witch or wizard passing through a period of turmoil. Hawthorn is not easy to master, however, and I would only ever consider placing a hawthorn wand in the hands of a witch or wizard of proven talent, or the consequences might be dangerous. Hawthorn wands have a notable peculiarity: their spells can, when badly handled, backfire.

Hazel
A sensitive wand, hazel often reflects its owner’s emotional state, and works best for a master who understands and can manage their own feelings. Others should be very careful handling a hazel wand if its owner has recently lost their temper, or suffered a serious disappointment, because the wand will absorb such energy and discharge it unpredictably. The positive aspect of a hazel wand more than makes up for such minor discomforts, however, for it is capable of outstanding magic in the hands of the skillful, and is so devoted to its owner that it often ‘wilts’ (which is to say, it expels all its magic and refuses to perform, often necessitating the extraction of the core and its insertion into another casing, if the wand is still required) at the end of its master’s life (if the core is unicorn hair, however, there is no hope; the wand will almost certainly have ‘died’). Hazel wands also have the unique ability to detect water underground, and will emit silvery, tear-shaped puffs of smoke if passing over concealed springs and wells.

Holly
Holly is one of the rarer kinds of wand woods; traditionally considered protective, it works most happily for those who may need help overcoming a tendency to anger and impetuosity. At the same time, holly wands often choose owners who are engaged in some dangerous and often spiritual quest. Holly is one of those woods that varies most dramatically in performance depending on the wand core, and it is a notoriously difficult wood to team with phoenix feather, as the wood’s volatility conflicts strangely with the phoenix’s detachment. In the unusual event of such a pairing finding its ideal match, however, nothing and nobody should stand in their way.

Hornbeam
My own wand is made of hornbeam, and so it is with all due modesty that I state that hornbeam selects for its life mate the talented witch or wizard with a single, pure passion, which some might call obsession (though I prefer the term ‘vision’), which will almost always be realised. Hornbeam wands adapt more quickly than almost any other to their owner’s style of magic, and will become so personalised, so quickly, that other people will find them extremely difficult to use even for the most simple of spells. Hornbeam wands likewise absorb their owner’s code of honour, whatever that might be, and will refuse to perform acts – whether for good or ill – that do not tally with their master’s principles. A particularly fine-tuned and sentient wand.

Larch
Strong, durable and warm in colour, larch has long been valued as an attractive and powerful wand wood. Its reputation for instilling courage and confidence in the user has ensured that demand has always outstripped supply. This much sought-after wand is, however, hard to please in the matter of ideal owners, and trickier to handle than many imagine. I find that it always creates wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects, which likewise describes the master who deserves it. It is often the case that the witch or wizard who belongs to the larch wand may never realise the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but that they will then make an exceptional match.

Laurel
It is said that a laurel wand cannot perform a dishonourable act, although in the quest for glory (a not uncommon goal for those best suited to these wands), I have known laurel wands perform powerful and sometimes lethal magic. Laurel wands are sometimes called fickle, but this is unfair. The laurel wand seems unable to tolerate laziness in a possessor, and it is in such conditions that it is most easily and willingly won away. Otherwise, it will cleave happily to its first match forever, and indeed has the unusual and engaging attribute of issuing a spontaneous lightning strike if another witch or wizard attempts to steal it.

Maple
I have often found that those chosen by maple wands are by nature travellers and explorers; they are not stay-at-home wands, and prefer ambition in their witch or wizard, otherwise their magic grows heavy and lacklustre. Fresh challenges and regular changes of scene cause this wand to literally shine, burnishing itself as it grows, with its partner, in ability and status. This is a beautiful and desirable wood, and wand quality maple has been among the most costly for centuries. Possession of a maple wand has long been a mark of status, because of its reputation as the wand of high achievers.

Pear
This golden-toned wood produces wands of splendid magical powers, which give of their best in the hands of the warm-hearted, the generous and the wise. Possessors of pear wands are, in my experience, usually popular and well-respected. I do not know of a single instance where a pear wand has been discovered in the possession of a Dark witch or wizard. Pear wands are among the most resilient, and I have often observed that they may still present a remarkable appearance of newness, even after many years of hard use.

Pine
The straight-grained pine wand always chooses an independent, individual master who may be perceived as a loner, intriguing and perhaps mysterious. Pine wands enjoy being used creatively, and unlike some others, will adapt unprotestingly to new methods and spells. Many wandmakers insist that pine wands are able to detect, and perform best for, owners who are destined for long lives, and I can confirm this in as much as I have never personally known the master of a pine wand to die young. The pine wand is one of those that is most sensitive to non-verbal magic.

Poplar
‘If you seek integrity, search first among the poplars,’ was a great maxim of my grandfather, Gerbold Ollivander, and my own experience of poplar wands and their owners tallies exactly with his. Here is a wand to rely upon, of consistency, strength and uniform power, always happiest when working with a witch or wizard of clear moral vision. There is a tired old joke among lesser wandmakers that no poplar wand has ever chosen a politician, but here they show their lamentable ignorance: two of the Ministry’s most accomplished Ministers for Magic, Eldritch Diggory and Evangeline Orpington, were the possessors of fine, Ollivander-made poplar wands.

Red Oak
You will often hear the ignorant say that red oak is an infallible sign of its owner’s hot temper. In fact, the true match for a red oak wand is possessed of unusually fast reactions, making it a perfect duelling wand. Less common than English oak, I have found that its ideal master is light of touch, quick-witted and adaptable, often the creator of distinctive, trademark spells, and a good man or woman to have beside one in a fight. Red oak wands are, in my opinion, among the most handsome.

Redwood
Wand-quality redwood is in short supply, yet constant demand, due to its reputation for bringing good fortune to its owner. As is usually the case with wandlore, the general populace have the truth back to front: redwood wands are not themselves lucky, but are strongly attracted to witches and wizards who already possess the admirable ability to fall on their feet, to make the right choice, to snatch advantage from catastrophe. The combination of such a witch or wizard with a redwood wand is always intriguing, and I generally expect to hear of exciting exploits when I send this special pairing out from my workshop.

Rowan
Rowan wood has always been much-favoured for wands, because it is reputed to be more protective than any other, and in my experience renders all manner of defensive charms especially strong and difficult to break. It is commonly stated that no dark witch or wizard ever owned a rowan wand, and I cannot recall a single instance where one of my own rowan wands has gone on to do evil in the world. Rowan is most happily placed with the clear-headed and the pure-hearted, but this reputation for virtue ought not to fool anyone – these wands are the equal of any, often the better, and frequently out-perform others in duels.

Silver Lime
This unusual and highly attractive wand wood was greatly in vogue in the nineteenth century. Demand outstripped supply, and unscrupulous wandmakers dyed substandard woods in an effort to fool purchasers into believing that they had purchased silver lime. The reasons for these wands’ desirability lay not only in their unusually handsome appearance, but also because they had a reputation for performing best for Seers and those skilled in Legilimency, mysterious arts both, which consequently gave the possessor of a silver lime wand considerable status. When demand was at its height, wandmaker Arturo Cephalopos claimed that the association between silver lime and clairvoyance was ‘a falsehood circulated by merchants like Gerbold Ollivander (my own grandfather), who have overstocked their workshops with silver lime and hope to shift their surplus’. But Cephalopos was a slipshod wandmaker and an ignoramus, and nobody, Seer or not, was surprised when he went out of business.

Spruce
Unskilled wandmakers call spruce a difficult wood, but in doing so they reveal their own ineptitude. It is quite true that it requires particular deftness to work with spruce, which produces wands that are ill-matched with cautious or nervous natures, and become positively dangerous in fumbling fingers. The spruce wand requires a firm hand, because it often appears to have its own ideas about what magic it ought to be called upon to produce. However, when a spruce wand meets its match – which, in my experience, is a bold spell-caster with a good sense of humour – it becomes a superb helper, intensely loyal to their owners and capable of producing particularly flamboyant and dramatic effects.

Sycamore
The sycamore makes a questing wand, eager for new experience and losing brilliance if engaged in mundane activities. It is a quirk of these handsome wands that they may combust if allowed to become ‘bored’, and many witches and wizards, settling down into middle age, are disconcerted to find their trusty wand bursting into flame in their hand as they ask it, one more time, to fetch their slippers. As may be deduced, the sycamore’s ideal owner is curious, vital and adventurous, and when paired with such an owner, it demonstrates a capacity to learn and adapt that earns it a rightful place among the world’s most highly-prized wand woods.

Vine
The druids considered anything with a woody stem as a tree, and vine makes wands of such a special nature that I have been happy to continue their ancient tradition. Vine wands are among the less common types, and I have been intrigued to notice that their owners are nearly always those witches or wizards who seek a greater purpose, who have a vision beyond the ordinary and who frequently astound those who think they know them best. Vine wands seem strongly attracted by personalities with hidden depths, and I have found them more sensitive than any other when it comes to instantly detecting a prospective match. Reliable sources claim that these wands can emit magical effects upon the mere entrance into their room of a suitable owner, and I have twice observed the phenomenon in my own shop.

Walnut
Highly intelligent witches and wizards ought to be offered a walnut wand for trial first, because in nine cases out of ten, the two will find in each other their ideal mate. Walnut wands are often found in the hands of magical innovators and inventors; this is a handsome wood possessed of unusual versatility and adaptability. A note of caution, however: while some woods are difficult to dominate, and may resist the performance of spells that are foreign to their natures, the walnut wand will, once subjugated, perform any task its owner desires, provided that the user is of sufficient brilliance. This makes for a truly lethal weapon in the hands of a witch or wizard of no conscience, for the wand and the wizard may feed from each other in a particularly unhealthy manner.

Willow
Willow is an uncommon wand wood with healing power, and I have noted that the ideal owner for a willow wand often has some (usually unwarranted) insecurity, however well they may try and hide it. While many confident customers insist on trying a willow wand (attracted by their handsome appearance and well-founded reputation for enabling advanced, non-verbal magic) my willow wands have consistently selected those of greatest potential, rather than those who feel they have little to learn. It has always been a proverb in my family that he who has furthest to travel will go fastest with willow.

Yew
Yew wands are among the rarer kinds, and their ideal matches are likewise unusual, and occasionally notorious. The wand of yew is reputed to endow its possessor with the power of life and death, which might, of course, be said of all wands; and yet yew retains a particularly dark and fearsome reputation in the spheres of duelling and all curses. However, it is untrue to say (as those unlearned in wandlore often do) that those who use yew wands are more likely to be attracted to the Dark Arts than another. The witch or wizard best suited to a yew wand might equally prove a fierce protector of others. Wands hewn from these most long-lived trees have been found in the possession of heroes quite as often as of villains. Where wizards have been buried with wands of yew, the wand generally sprouts into a tree guarding the dead owner’s grave. What is certain, in my experience, is that the yew wand never chooses either a mediocre or a timid owner.Acacia
A very unusual wand wood, which I have found creates tricky wands that often refuse to produce magic for any but their owner, and also withhold their best effects from all but those most gifted. This sensitivity renders them difficult to place, and I keep only a small stock for those witches or wizards of sufficient subtlety, for acacia is not suited to what is commonly known as ‘bangs-and-smells’ magic. When well-matched, an acacia wand matches any for power, though it is often underrated due to the peculiarity of its temperament.

Wand Cores

Unicorn
Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may ‘die’ and need replacing.

Dragon
As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

Phoenix
This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike.

Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

Acromantula Web

If you're thinking about having a wand made with Acromantula web, you're probably a fan of having your wand confiscated by the authorities. Using a wand with this core has been illegal in Britain since 1782, after it was discovered that the wielder of an Acromantula web wand has particular ability with Dark magics, especially the Imperius curse. There are certain diplomatic exceptions, as it is a traditional core for Asian wands, but even those are temporary, and many wizard diplomats on long-term assignments find themselves compelled to procure replacement wands for their stay.

Ashwinder Eggs
A common ingredient in Love Potions, the Eggs of an Ashwinder are found in the wands of those skilled in the Potion-making arts, and lend strength to the trade. They are not, however, well suited for more subtle forms of magic, and as such, are often found in the wands of Gryffindors or Slytherins.

Augurey Tail Feather

Augureys, or Irish phoenixes, were once associated with powerful Dark wands, as their cries were thought to signify an upcoming death. However, they were in reality never a strong Dark core, and were more accurately a powerful core for Divinations. Misunderstood students may find themselves bonded to an augurey wand, although these wands are altogether quite rare.

Basilisk Skin

Basilisk wands are incredibly rare, as the beasts are rare to begin with and hard to kill. Due to the rarity, they often are passed down from generation to generation, so basilisk-core wands are either the heirloom of Slytherin-type Pureblood families or reforged wands from family cores. The occasional new basilisk wand will almost always bond to a Parselmouth or budding Dark Wizard. Very little good comes out of wielders of basilisk wands.

Billywig Stinger(s)

Billywig stingers are not common in Britain, but are occasionally imported from Australia, the native habitat of the Billywig. Billywig wands bond almost exclusively to light-hearted pranksters, and are extremely capricious- at one moment it will produce the strongest Cheering Charm in the school, but another time it will object to being used as a potion stirrer and siphon up hours of work without so much as a by-your-leave. When they do bond to a witch or wizard, they tend to be of Hufflepuff or Gryffindor.

Boomslang Venom

Boomslang venom, whether crystallized or in a rarer liquid core, provides a small boost to jinxes and hexes thanks to its venomous qualities. However, when a wandmaker undertakes the dangerous task of working with the raw venom, it is generally with the aim of creating a powerful Transfiguration wand. Whether or not the advantages outweigh the risks is not generally agreed upon in wandmaking circles.

Chimera Scale Fragment

Although chimera scales are magically powerful, they are extremely rare in modern wandcraft. This is not out of any concern for safety, as they are generally considered no more stubborn than hippogriff feathers, and are more stable than Erumpent hide. The fact of the matter is that there are more recorded basilisk slayings in the past fifty years than there are chimera slayings in all of recorded history. This one slaying occurred in Greece over two millenia ago, so what scales were harvested at that time have been degraded, broken, and dispersed.

Today, they are only found as parts of heirloom cores, and even then, all such cores are a more common core (often dragon heartstring) with a tiny fragment of scale embedded. Chimera wands are most common in Greece and the Balkans, although as they were circulated through the Mediterranean and former Roman Empire they are found throughout Europe. These wands are prized for their raw power, although they are difficult to control.

Demiguise Hair
Demiguise hairs were long considered to not have enough oomph to make a proper wand, but with the advent of multiple cores they have gained favor for their strength in Transfiguration and the subtle arts. When combined with a stronger wand core they make potent wands, however, on their own they can be rather one-dimensional and difficult to use for anything but Transfiguration. They have found favor in students of all Houses, although they may be slightly rarer among the open Hufflepuffs.

Diricawl Feather
Known to Muggles as the dodo bird, the Diricawl is quite skilled in teleportation and evasiveness. (Muggles are convinced they've hunted the birds to extinction.) As such, their wands find favor with those skilled in Apparation, invisibility spells and Disillusionment Charms. They give a slight boost to Transfiguration, and are found in more subtle wands; more likely a Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw than a Gryffindor or Slytherin.

Doxy Wing(s)

Doxy wings, like the creatures they come from, can be unmanageable and mean-spirited. They are second only to basilisk wands in their abilities with the Dark Arts, and as such these rare wands are most often found in the hands of stubborn Slytherins without the familial connection to obtain a basilisk core.

Erkling Darts
Erkling Darts are found in the wands of those who tend to command the limelight with a smile, and have the natural allure that allows them to convince others to do their bidding. Erkling Wands are often in the hands of actors, musicians, or other performing artists. The Darts increase prowess in Hexes and Charms, but detract from defensive magic.

Erumpent Hide

There is a very good reason this is an exotic- Erumpent hide wands are extremely dangerous, and don't take well to high levels of magic or sharp impacts. They may add a 'punch' to spells when combined with a gentler core, but most wandmakers refuse to work with it completely due to the danger it poses to maker and wielder.

Fairy Wing(s)

This core makes for a light, airy wand, and is the absolute best for Charms. They also signify a connection to the mystic, so these wands, despite their relative rarity, are used by nearly half of known witches and wizards with the Sight. Despite their astounding strength in Charms, they are merely average in Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration, and will often fail at hexes altogether. As such, they’re not commonly found in Slytherin House, but are common in Hufflepuff. Ravenclaws and Gryffindors may be drawn to this core, although they tend to react better to blends of fairy wings and unicorn hair.

Fwooper Feather

Fwooper feather wands are said to be a mark of ill omen for the wizards they bond to, as, like the birds they come from, they are rumored to slowly drive their wielder mad. Despite their poor reputation, they do well with Charms and Care of Magical Creatures. However, they have a near-inability to cast Quietus. They are commonly combined with another feather core, such as the phoenix for health or the hippogriff for stability.

Hippogriff Feather

Hippogriffs are noble animals with a reputation for not taking a slight. These wands require constant respect, and if the wielder does not give it, they can watch its formerly stable and versatile magic backfire on it. It is not the strongest core, but it is one of the most adaptable. These wands are most common amongst Gryffindors, but they are rare overall.

Jackalope Antler

The antler of a Jackalope is a wand core used by Ilvermorny founders James Steward and Isolt Sayre in the 17th century when they begun making their own wands.

Kelpie Hair(s)

Kelpie hairs are incredibly tempermental cores, explaining their rarity. They were once common in Celtic wandmaking, however, the import of demiguise hairs has resulted in them falling out of favor. They have similar qualities to demiguise hair, and are powerful Transfiguration cores when they don't backfire spectacularly.

Ramora Scales
Ramora Scales boost power to any water-based spells, such as Aguamenti or the Bubble-Head Charm. Their wands are typically excellent for healing and potions, and they are often found in the hands of those with the Sight

Rougarou Hair(s)

The hair of the rougarou was used as a wand core by the American wandmaker Violetta Beauvais. Beauvais kept the fact that she used this particular wand core a secret for many years, but it was eventually revealed. Rougarou hair was believed to have an affinity for Dark magic, like vampires to blood.

Streeler Slime
The Slime of the Streeler lends its strength to its wielder's Transfigurations and Hexes. However, the Streeler's tendency to devastate gardens and greenhouses alike translates into a wand that is next to useless for Herbology.

Thunderbird Feather

The tail feather of the Thunderbird was used as a wand core by the American wandmaker Shikoba Wolfe. Wolfe's wands were powerful but difficult to master, and were good for transfiguration work. Wands with Thunderbird tail feather cores, like the birds the feathers are taken from, are able to sense danger and can cast curses on their own.

Veela Hair(s)

Veela wands are temperamental like the creatures they come from, and are considered too volatile for a decent wand core in many circles. However, some wizards, particularly those with Veela blood, enjoy the boost it gives to outdoorsy magics, divinations, and Charms. The veela’s inherent intelligence makes finding these wands among the non-Veela blooded most common in Ravenclaw.

Thestral Tail Hair

Thestral wands generally produce strong magic but only when the wielder understands themselves. If the wielder does not know themselves or loses themselves than their spells will suffer. When the wielder knows themselves than this wand can create very strong spells. The thestral wands work very well for Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Transfiguration. The Thestral wands are very tempermental and rare to find with Wizards and Witches of today. The most common thestral hair wands are found with Ravenclaws and very rarely with Hufflepuffs.

Vampire Fang

Vampire fang wands like the Chimera Fragment wands are very rare and mostly heirloom wands. A vampire fang core is mostly handed down from previous owners of such wands. Vampire fangs are a very versatile wand core and can be either Dark or Light. The vampire fang has no certain divinity and will choose what it’s owner chooses as it is a very loyal bond. This core works well with Charms, and Divinations. Often this wand is exceptional for potion stirring.

Wampus Hair

The hair of the Wampus cat was used as a wand core by the American wandmaker Johannes Jonker. Jonker experimented with many other cores before settling on the hair of this creature as his preferred kind. The core was also used by Isolt Sayre and James Steward when they begun making their own wands in the 17th century.

White River Monster Spine

A spine taken from the back of a White River Monster, a magical fish native to the White River in Arkansas, was used as a wand core by the American wandmaker Thiago Quintana. Quintana's wands produced spells of force and elegance. Quintana's harvesting of White River Monster spines initially raised concerns of over-fishing, but because he was the only one who knew how to lure the creatures, the ecological impact was not severe. White River Monster spines were no longer used as a wand core after Quintana's death, as he took the secret of luring the creature to his grave.

Mermaid

There are two specific mermaid cores that are used in current day wand making but are heirloom cores again. The scales and hair from a mermaid are very strong magical conductors and often only given from family member to family member. It is very rare that I see this core in the modern times as it isn’t often mermaid families create new wands. This core is again very loyal to his wielder and very difficult to wield if taken or won. Though this wand can be very temperamental as it only likes to be held by wielders who are very knowledgeable but not greedy. If the wielder is neither than it is more likely that this wand will not be allied with them. If a wand is allied with a wielder who is neither than it will take time before the wand is strong but when it becomes close to its wielder than it will be very loyal, as well as strong. Overall the mermaid cores do well with outdoorsy elements and care of magical creatures.

Untamed Skies

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, as well as post any reservations for faceclaims you may have. Otherwise welcome to Hogwarts: The Next Generation ^^

Mellific

Interested! And I'd love to reserve Victoria Magrath.  ;D

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies

Anouk Daae

I have a question!
How are we supposed to play 17 year old characters in first and second years at Hogwarts? Aren't first years 11, and second years 12?

LD

Maybe they decided after 7 years where literally every student was in risk of dying that it was time to stop sending preteens to Hogwarts, and now it's almost just seniors to early college aged. :)

I'm interested, once I decide if I have time I'll make a faceclaim.

Anouk Daae

^ Not saying that's not possible. But is that cannon for the this storyline? I'm interested in knowing what the admin has to say.

Untamed Skies

In the case of this game, with all the danger that had come before hand. Chamber of Secrets, Tri-Wizard Tournament, The Dark Wizard War, and the fact that the two most Famous dark wizards of all time both discovering and being exposed to the dark arts before they were out of school, that the undertaking of magic should wait until potential students are at a more responsible age.

So for the sake of E's policies and rules, in our game, students don't start Hogwarts until 17.

Also welcome to both of you Anouk Daae and LD

Anouk Daae

So this is like Hogwarts: College Edition? That's pretty neat. I'm game! will work up an app in a bit. Thanks!

Untamed Skies

Students would be in muggle school or home schooled, or however they'd normally receive their education prior to going to Hogwarts until their acceptance letter. So more or less they'd be attending Hogwarts instead of college, that's a good way of looking at it.

Looking forward to seeing what you create.

Anouk Daae

Untamed Skies

Swashbuckler

Hello Untamed!  I am very interested!  Can I please make Tom Holland my faceclaim?

Untamed Skies

TheSilentBang

Been looking for an interesting group game to join.

May I reserved Logan Lerman as a face claim, please?
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td][/td][td][/td]
[td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Untamed Skies

Wicked Emi

I'm watching this, I'm a sucker for Hogwarts and I'm actually getting better and starting to slowly get back on here more.

Untamed Skies

Would be happy to have you here if you decide to join.  :-)

Blythe

I am very tentatively interested, assuming I can get my muse to dream up a character! I am seriously contemplating a pure blood character, complete with all the fun 'build a family tree' that entails, and more than happy to tie in with other PCs' family lineages. :-)

Could I get a face claim reserve on Baptiste Giabiconi?

RubySlippers

I want to reserve the faces of Felicia Day and Sierra McCormick.

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies

QuoteI am very tentatively interested, assuming I can get my muse to dream up a character! I am seriously contemplating a pure blood character, complete with all the fun 'build a family tree' that entails, and more than happy to tie in with other PCs' family lineages. :-)

Could I get a face claim reserve on Baptiste Giabiconi?

No Problem he is reserved for you  :-)

I'm really looking forward to what you might dream up.

QuoteI want to reserve the faces of Felicia Day and Sierra McCormick.
Also have both them reserved for you

Welcome!

QuoteSo excited to see so much interest in here!  ;D

For sure, lots of news faces I look forward to writing with.

RubySlippers

Important since students are over the age of consent in the UK ,17+, did they add married student housing for married couples who might be in school as students? Well the House system is fine until you must deal with legally adult students of consenting age basically 17 to 24 who might be legally married. I would go there and throw in an issue.  ;D

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

RedPhoenix

Expressing interest, although will hold off on seeing if I can jump in or not. =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Wicked Emi

Untamed Skies

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 12, 2018, 08:04:13 PM
Important since students are over the age of consent in the UK ,17+, did they add married student housing for married couples who might be in school as students? Well the House system is fine until you must deal with legally adult students of consenting age basically 17 to 24 who might be legally married. I would go there and throw in an issue.  ;D

The goal of the game is to stay as close as possible lore wise. The Sorting Ceremony is a large tradition of Hogwarts dating back to the founders, and the competitions and community created within the various houses is a large part of life at Hogwarts. It doesn't strike me as likely that Hogwarts would create "couples" housing and turn it's back on it's traditions. If a couple was split up because they were sorted into different houses, putting them in a shared dorm separates them from the house they were sorted into. Further muggles aren't allowed on the premise, if a muggleborn-student were to get married then their partner wouldn't be allowed to come to school with them.

So my decision on the matter is thus. Hogwarts can't prevent students from electing to get married, but it will not give them privileges exclusive to them just for being married. Choosing to get married before their education at Hogwarts is complete, is done so knowing that they will be living in separate rooms and potentially separate houses during their stay at Hogwarts.

QuoteCan I also reserve Alice Isaaz, please?  ::)

Done

QuoteExpressing interest, although will hold off on seeing if I can jump in or not. =)
You are more then welcome to join ^^

QuoteJust in case, I'm reserving Ksenia Solo

No problem

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Untamed Skies

you should definitely do this

Untamed Skies

Hey Guys just a couple of announcements. Mellific has volunteered to join on as Co-Gm, so please make sure you direct PMs to both her and me.

For those of you working on your character sheets already, we've added Sexual Orientation to the character sheet. It'll go just under distinguishing marks, and above home town.

Looking forward to seeing all your characters ^^

Hobbes1266

And I just sent in my character sheet too! I'll fix it.

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

Jag

I would like to reserve Mahafsoun for a character. I was unable to locate a name other than that for her on both her DA, MM, Youtube, and Twitter. So we're going to go with Mahafsoun.

Also, question, would a character who was born in the states, but family moved to England before they were 16 to start schooling be allowed? Maybe taking into account that with Hogwarts reevaluating their accepting age, other wizarding schools (including Ilvermory) would do so as well. I don't see it that farfetched that schools worldwide would agree on a change, other wise you would have Hogwarts students at a slight disadvantage without starting school later than other countries.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Untamed Skies

Reserved for you.

And yeah that makes sense and is the least complicated way of handling it. Voldemort and Grindewald left their marks all over the place, so it's not unrealistic it became a decision world wide.

Jag

Awesome. She's not going to be a pureblood, but I have an American OC I would like to see about using. I shall send you and Mell the sheet when I'm done with it.

Blythe

So...meet Topher, my angry Quidditch-loving pureblood Slytherin 6th year, who I just got approved today. Thank you, GMs! :)

(Sorting quiz was fun, I might add!)

If anyone would like to have a pre-established connection with Topher, either family-wise or just general backstory, given he's a 6th year, I'm very open to making connections.  8-)

Topher Dubois

Name: Topher Dubois

Age/Birth date: 22 / April 1st

Blood Status: Pure-blood

House: Slytherin

Year: 6th

Wand: (Red Oak, Basilisk Skin, 12 inches)
Optional: This wand has seen better days; it is an old wand, passed down in the family, not quite matched with its owner. There are scratches on the tip and handle, and there is a small burn mark on the side. This wand has seen some dark days, once upon a time. The current owner may or may not live up to its legacy.

Apparation liscense? Yes!

FaceClaim:Baptiste Giabiconi

Height/Weight: 6'0" and 160 lbs.

Hair Color: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Distinguishing Marks:  Topher has a serpent tattoo on his left wrist; the mouth connects to the tail, almost like an ouroboros.

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual

Home: London, England

Personality: Fun-loving, witty, humorous, arrogant, intelligent, impatient, easily-angered, hot-headed, easily-bored, fibber, spiteful

Family: *  signifies that this person is related to Topher by blood.

Chester Dubois* (brother, age 30): Currently Chester makes his money by investing in new lines of broomsticks--the Dubois Dancer series. No, they aren't Firebolts, but Dancers are known to be a very reliable broom that's difficult to break. Chester was a Slytherin when he went to school. He was also a prefect.

Tatianna Pierce née Dubois*  (sister, age 29) & Gabriel Pierce (age 31, brother-in-law):They met at Hogwarts in Gabriel's last year. They currently work in Knockturn Alley, running a loan company. Tatiana is Topher's actual sister. Both were Slytherins. Tatiana was Head Girl when she attended Hogwarts, and she played on the Quidditch team. Tatianna is, for some reason, fairly high on the Ministry's watch list...

Alan Dubois*  (father, 42) & Eleanor Dubois*  (mother, 40): Topher's parents who work as financial advisers and capital investors. They have several businesses they've invested in, many pertaining to potion-making, which is their specialty. They have one incredibly successful cauldron company called Pot & Kettle, which makes designer cauldrons for people who are into aesthetics. They are both incredibly patient; they've had some failed business investments, but they've pulled themselves back up. It is rumored, but not confirmed, that Alan has a Death Eater mark and may have made a similar deal with the Ministry as his own grandfather, Tobias.

Marcia Lockwood*  (age 39, aunt): Marcia is actually Eleanor's sister, but she's estranged from the family. She is the only non-Slytherin in the family and married a....Muggle. Though her husband passed away last year from a heart condition. She currently works as an Auror and does not talk to her relatives. 'Pulling a Marcia' is considered to be the worst thing a Dubois can do.

Pascale Dubois*  (grandfather, 66) & Ninette Dubois*  (grandmother, age 67): Pascale and Ninette did not move away from France; they still work as bankers there for a competitor bank of Gringotts as Curse-Breakers. Yes, even at their age. Pascale and Ninette, when they attended Hogwarts, managed to get Os in everything.

Louis Dubois*  (age 70, great-uncle) & Lucrezia Moretti (age 68, great-aunt): Accountants, both of them.

Tobias Dubois*  (great-grandfather, age 92): Currently the family patriarch. Tobias is a proud frenchman who was a bit off-put by moving to London. He got the family's start in banking, competing in perhaps less-than-savory ways with Gringotts. He is known to have a Death Eater tattoo, and it is widely believed that old dark magic practitioners like Tobias covertly funded a lot of evil wizarding acts, though he turned himself in and got amnesty, as he'd killed no one. What information he traded for that is unknown, and it's widely believed he turned coat simply to save his own skin and family & had the means to trade for that, not because the old fart had changed anything about himself at all.

[Note: The names/ages of any non-Dubois (anyone without * ) are open to be changed if anyone would like a family connection with Topher! I am open to changing information about these!]

History: The Dubois family originally traces their origins back to Paris, but they chose to move to England seven years ago. They have long-admired Hogwarts and have always sent their children there at rather great personal expense, though the Dubois family's never been exactly prolific. They are, however, passably wealthy and well-off. The family are bankers, accountants, & investors in magical businesses--they have helped start up more than a few cauldron and broom companies with their Galleons.

But what about Topher? Topher's story can be summed up in the phrase "Has A Lot To Prove." He's the youngest in his family, and as such, he feels an incredible need to stand on his own and be unique. This has resulted, on more than one occasion, in Topher attempting feats well beyond his ability. For example, when his brother first got accepted into Hogwarts as a Slytherin, young Topher tried to conjure a pretty green and silver flame with his brother's new wand to celebrate. He set fire to their beautiful vacation flat in London, much to the family's chagrin. Topher meant well, though. Mostly. In no manner was he stealing the wand because he was very curious and a little jealous. No. Of course not.

What Topher didn't know was that his family were once rather famous practioners of the dark arts in France. They traditionally provided safe haven and funding for Death Eaters fleeing England...and poor Topher never knew a thing. All Topher knows is that his family is wealthy and pure-blooed, and money breeds jealously. Anyone that accuses his family of being evil is met with racuous laughter...and possibly some sort of secret spiteful vengeance. He won't tolerate bad-mouthing of his family. He actually got into trouble his own 1st year attending Hogwarts when a Gryffindor in his year suggested that the Dubois couldn't hide what they'd done just by moving to London to suck up to the Ministry, and Topher hexed him.

This did not help Topher's family's reputation.

His family have always been Slytherins (save for one), so Topher has a reputation to try to uphold, which makes his life all the more complicated. His family sets a lot of stock in favored House. He got his tattoo last year, the one on his left wrist, to try to honor his family.

Topher has played Quidditch all his life. When he was younger, though, he used to get hurt a lot playing Quidditch, even breaking his arms a few times. What a rush! Topher regrets nothing. His sister is the one who taught him everything he knows about riding a broomstick, but he later honed his abilities when he began playing for Hogwarts for Slytherin, though he has not, as of yet, been able to play in a 'winning' match. Partly this is due to being periodically unavailable during the matches (as he gets into trouble or fights, landing him smack-dab in the hospital wing) or he gets pulled out and benched if he gets too competitive and aggressive. His fondest hope is to not only play on his House's team this year, but actually make it to and play in the final match. He's an incredibly talented player; he just needs to channel it the right way.

Now he's just trying to see if he can calm down this year and do his family proud. He knows he's not doing a great job so far...but this year is the year! Right? He's a Slytherin. He has a heritage to uphold. He can't turn out like Aunt Marcia, can he? His family has incredibly high expectations of him--if he continues being good at Potions, he will likely go into business with his parents after graduation. If he ups his game at Charms, he might end up going into business with his older brother, Chester.

Likes: Wizard's Chess, Quidditch (both for Hogwarts and professionally--his favorite pro team is the French National Quidditch Team),  any colors that are 'earth' tones, wrestling, riddles, shopping, looking after small animals, thunder storms, snow, snakes, small lizards, studying new things.

Dislikes: Bugs. Bugs. Oh, did I mention bugs? Topher hates insects and likes nothing better than to feed them to cuter and more worthy animals. He dislikes sunny days; they give him headaches. Studying old things he already knows. People insulting his family...even if they're actually right. The color orange.

Best Known For: His infamous 'all-nighter exam preps.' Topher does study and likes to study, but with some subjects, he's always scrambling. He hosts a shindig every year before final exams so everyone can burn off steam, and then everyone cracks down to study all night once they get all the partying out of their system.

Moments of Glory: His first O in Potions. He had to work really hard in that. It's a patient subject, and normally he struggles with that, but because of it, he was able to push on into Alchemy. And the time in his 3rd year that he got a new broomstick from his father and managed to race it all the way around the castle, into the Forbidden Forest, and back again before the professors had to magic him down and take away some House points.

Moments of Shame: Punching the captain of his House Quidditch team last year and getting benched during the championship match. Topher's got a hell of a temper, and he's known for it. He lost of a lot of points for his House doing that, and his reputation hasn't quite recovered.

Biggest Regret: Divination class. He tried to predict the teacher's hair would fall out in his 3rd year and cheat on an exam by subtly dosing the professor's hat with a Hair Removing Solution he made in Potions. Well, the teacher's hair did fall out. But Topher failed that test. He only ever does sporadically good in Divination now--and right now, he's doing badly. He thought it would be a piece of cake course...and he was wrong. You can't cheat fate, and you can't cheat on tests.

Extra curricular subjects: Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, Alchemy

Marks:
Charms - E
Transfiguration - A
Herbology - E
Defense Against the Dark Arts - E
History of Magic - T
Potions - O

(optional courses)
Care of Magical Creatures - E
Divination - D
Alchemy- O

Jag

Thank you Untamed and Mell!

Addy has no prior connections to anyone in the UK, so feel free to PM me about future meetups and making friends/enemies. ^_^

Adalheida "Addy" Ogden

Name: Adalheida "Addy" Ogden
Age/Birthdate: 17 / December 22, 2000
Blood Status: Half-Blood
House: TBD
Year: 1st Year
Wand: Beech Wood, Rougarou Hair, 11.5'', Surprisingly Sturdy by Violetta Beauvais
FaceClaim: Mahafsoun
Height/Weight: 5' 6" / 130lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eyes: Green
Distinguishing Marks: Tattoo on the left side of her body.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, but leans towards women.
Home: London, England / Chicago, IL, USA
Personality: Addy is well meaning, but a little 'moony' in the head. Once she gets on a subject she enjoys, she will talk fast and long till someone stops her. She would rather focus on growing her natural talents, rather than having her head stuffed full of facts. While she enjoys dressing up and looking pretty, she is very much in love with the subject of Herbology and is willing to ruin an expensive dress to go digging in the dirt. Much to her witch mother's shock and dismay, Addy has been known to use her wand like a shovel to dig or like a hair pin to keep her hair back. She sees it as an extension of herself, not an object to point at things with.

Family: Annabel Entwhistle, Half Blood. Met her husband while working with the MACUSA Chicago office. Met Edmund Ogden, a No-Maj, while working on a project close to the Wisconsin border. She didn't reveal to him that she was a witch till after the wedding. Addy is their only child.

History: Addy realized early in life that she wasn't attracted to just men. In fact, she found that while she found men attractive, she was more drawn towards women. At fourteen, she came out to her parents about her bisexuality. It was not accepted well. They said she would grow out of it one day and find herself a nice man to marry. It became a very "don't ask, don't tell" situation in her household.

She was set to go off to Ilvermorny when she turned sixteen, but her father surprised them by saying that his company was wanting to relocate him to England. She had already got her wand and everything. Both she and her mother were set against it, but it was decided by her parents that her father had sacrificed quite a bit in his life to keep his marriage to a witch. The move happened very fast and Addy was forced to end the relationship she had been starting with a female classmate. The girl had been a No-Maj and, with much eye rolling from her mother and father, a Wiccan. Addy had enjoyed seeing magic from the point of view of a No-Maj. It had been very stressful for the usually upbeat witch, causing her to close off a bit.

Addy has found it difficult to handle wizarding life in England compared to how it was in the States. She's not used to there being such easy access to it all and everyone being so close. She misses the secret shops with their little painted runes that you had to decipher to see if the shop was wizarding friendly or not. She misses not knowing who is and who isn't a witch or wizard around her. She misses feeling 'rare' because now she is surrounded by a wizarding community like Diagon Alley on a daily basis as her mother starts working a low level job at the Ministry.

Dislikes: Places that are too neat or tidy. Spiders in her hair. She likes spiders, but had one fall in her hair once and accidentally crushed it and now she's paranoid about walking under spider webs and constantly checks doors before walking through them.
Moments of Glory: Coming out to her parents. Admitting to her female friend that she was attracted to her. Going to her first No-Maj Wiccan gathering.
Moments of Shame: The fit she threw about moving to England. She feels like it was selfish to try to guilt her parents into staying and that it was petty of her.
Biggest Regret: Never forcing her parents to talk about the elephant in the room. Just accepting the "don't ask, don't tell" living situation.
Extra-curricular activities: She'd like to learn how to ride a broom. Also, anything to do with herbology.

Mellific

You're both very welcome! I'm excited to see these characters coming to life in game! Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

O/O | A/A | MM

Jag

Well, I feel sorry for Topher if he runs into Addy. Cause she probably has cockroaches in her pockets and dirt under her nails. >.>

Blythe

Topher: "...and that's why Apparating should be permissible and do-able on Hogwarts grounds."
Headmaster/mistress: "No, Topher, we are not going to let you Apparate off the grounds because you accidentally touched a cockroach that a 1st year had in her pocket."
Topher: "This is an outrage. I'm writing to my father about the filthy conditions here."
Headmaster/mistress: *sighs*
Headmaster/mistress: "You could just get a proper toad and have it eat insects that get away from her."
Topher: "Why do I have to accommodate her cockroaches?"
Headmaster/mistress: "How do you even have an E in Care of Magical Creatures, Mr. Dubois?"
Topher: "BECAUSE THERE WEREN'T ANY CLASSES ABOUT COCKROACHES."

Jag

Quote from: Blythe on March 13, 2018, 01:50:05 PM
Topher: "...and that's why Apparating should be permissible and do-able on Hogwarts grounds."
Headmaster/mistress: "No, Topher, we are not going to let you Apparate off the grounds because you accidentally touched a cockroach that a 1st year had in her pocket."
Topher: "This is an outrage. I'm writing to my father about the filthy conditions here."
Headmaster/mistress: *sighs*
Headmaster/mistress: "You could just get a proper toad and have it eat insects that get away from her."
Topher: "Why do I have to accommodate her cockroaches?"
Headmaster/mistress: "How do you even have an E in Care of Magical Creatures, Mr. Dubois?"
Topher: "BECAUSE THERE WEREN'T ANY CLASSES ABOUT COCKROACHES."

*snorts*

Should he not find out that she used to consort with American wiccan muggles? >.>

Blythe

Quote from: Jag on March 13, 2018, 01:51:35 PM
*snorts*

Should he not find out that she used to consort with American wiccan muggles? >.>

omg

he'd make it his mission to hassle her so badly if he knew--cockroaches on top of American Wiccan Muggles? HERESY.

(...I'm clearly going to have fun playing the angry and overly dramatic Topher. <_<  )

King Serperior

Tenative Face-Claim for "Vincent Cassel" (younger version);  This post also serves as a place for me to plant my Interest Flag.  >_>

I'm going to have to do some major revisions to fit the new character sheet since this is an old character of mine I am reviving....

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Mellific

Quote from: King Serperior on March 13, 2018, 02:41:53 PM
Tenative Face-Claim for "Vincent Cassel" (younger version);  This post also serves as a place for me to plant my Interest Flag.  >_>

I'm going to have to do some major revisions to fit the new character sheet since this is an old character of mine I am reviving....

Looking forward to seeing it, KS!  ;D  If you need any help, just let us know.

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies

Jag

Do we still do the sorting quiz if we do an older student sheet too? Or do we pick what house we want them in? >.>

Blythe

When I did mine, I sent in a mostly-done rough draft character sheet with the sorting quiz, and once I found out Topher's House, I expanded on my sheet a bit.

Jag

King Serperior

Quote from: Mellific on March 13, 2018, 02:50:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing it, KS!  ;D  If you need any help, just let us know.
Quote from: Untamed Skies on March 13, 2018, 02:57:37 PM
it's reserved for you KS
Thanks~

It may take a couple of days and I don't know 100% for certain if it will work for me.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

HockeyGod

I've been lurking on this thread and it's time I made my move. I'm very interested.

Untamed Skies

Welcome, do you have a face claim in mind?

Quote from: King Serperior on March 13, 2018, 03:35:54 PM
Thanks~

It may take a couple of days and I don't know 100% for certain if it will work for me.

That's fine, there is no need to rush. We understand we look forward to seeing what you might create ^^

HockeyGod

Quote from: Untamed Skies on March 13, 2018, 03:52:28 PM
Welcome, do you have a face claim in mind?

Presently conducting a systematic review of the internet to find the right face.  ;D

Edit: Dylan O'Brien

Wicked Emi

I've decided to join and know exactly who I'm going to play!  Mwhahahaha!

Mellific

Quote from: Jag on March 13, 2018, 03:15:11 PM
Do we still do the sorting quiz if we do an older student sheet too? Or do we pick what house we want them in? >.>

I made my CS and knew that I wanted my character to be in a particular house. So, since she's a second year, I assigned her to the house I wanted her to be in. For good measure, I also took the quiz and got the same result, anyway.  ::)

I'm thinking that if you make a character who you want in a specific house, (who isn't a first year) go ahead and place them in the house you want them in, and that they most fit in with. But, if you would like to submit answers to the test questions, then we can tell you your result upon approval. ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

Jag

I'll just be surprised by where he gets placed if approved. Cause if I had it my way, everyone would be a Hufflepuff. :P Need some surprises in life.

King Serperior

I must admit that the character I am rebuilding was a concept of coming from a family of Hufflepuffs that traces their lineage back to a close relative of Helga Hufflepuff herself and being sorted into Slytherin.

>_>

Of course, with the sorting, I have a 25% chance that the same will hold true and a 75% chance of being the first non-Hufflepuff in the family.

<_<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Jag

Everyone say hello to Silas.

Silas Cork

Name: Silas Cork
Age/Birth date: 22 / June 25th
Blood Status: Muggle Born
House: Ravenclaw
Year: 6th Year
Wand: Dogwood, Phoenix Feather Core, 10'', Surprisingly Flexible.
Apparation liscense? No. He failed and hasn't retaken it yet.
FaceClaim: Kevin Allen
Height/Weight: 6'2'' / 155lbs
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eyes: Hazelnut Brown
Distinguishing Marks:  Long scar up his left leg from a biking accident as a child.
Sexual Orentation: Pansexual
Home: Leeds, England
Personality: Silas is aloof and likes a good joke. Sometimes, he has a habit of being overly kind and positive in order to make up for his family history, not that he has told anyone about it. He would rather smile and relax than to do anything 'responsible'. Silas is a terrible flirt, but he has never attempted a committed relationship. The idea of marriage and children actually terrifies him. He is no stranger to a slap in the face after a bad breakup. Silas doesn't see himself as having friends. Acquaintances, but never really friends.

Family: Lavender Cork. Single mother and muggle from Leeds, currently living in London. She admits to not knowing who Silas' father is. Stating that the week he could have been conceived was a "particularly busy week".

Johnathan Cork. Grandfather of Silas. Owns a small hotel in Leeds. Took over care of Silas after Lavender abandoned him and his wife passed away.

History: Silas is the Great Grandson of bank robber, kidnapper, murderer; Donald Neilson. After marriage to Irene Tate, Neilson left the army and started a family. Their daughter, Kathryn Neilson was born in 1960. Neilson took to small house robberies in his early years. Notably racking up over 400 known burglaries. However, proceeds from small houses were low and after stealing a number of guns and ammunition from a household, he took to holding up small post offices from 1971-1974. There were a total of eighteen of these robberies. He first upgraded the violence of his crimes when he was caught by a postmaster and sub-postmistress. The man managed to wrestle the mask off his face before Neilson broke several of the man's toes and escaped. The sub-postmistress managed to give an accurate description of his face to law enforcement.

From there, Neilson shot two sub-postmasters and a sub-postmistress's husband. He also brutally beat the sub-postmistress who had described him to the police. His final killing was one he had planned for three years. An heiress named Lesley Whittle. He only asked for a small amount of money for a ransom, but through a series of police bungles and other circumstances, the ransom money was never delivered to the proper place at the proper time. Her body was found hung by a wire.

After his imprisonment, it came to light how he dominated over his wife and daughter. Irene went to prison for 12 months for her involvement in burning stolen post orders after his capture, but when she was released, she found that their daughter had run away. Fourteen year old Kathryn was never found.

Kathryn changed her name to something common, April Smith, so as to avoid being known as the daughter of Donald Neilson and moved to Leeds. While only fourteen, she lied to gain a job by saying she was sixteen. She cleaned rooms at a local hotel. It was cheap work, but it was far from anything her father had ever done. Four years later, she married Johnathan Cork, son of the hotel owner and had a daughter of her own in 1978, who was named Lavender Cork.

Lavender was a girl of, what could be described as, loose morals. It was not uncommon for her, in her teenage years, to steal hotel room keys for her dalliances. When she turned up pregnant just before her 18th birthday, no one was truly surprised. Lavender left her son to be cared for mostly by her mother and father. Silas proved to be a handful as a child. He was extremely energetic and outgoing. He would wake up talking and fall asleep talking most days.

It wasn't till his grandmother's passing when he was ten that they found the letters that Kathryn/April had written to her own mother later in life. They found out the truth of who Silas' great grand father had been. It was this, coupled with the stress of a neglectful mother, and the loss of his grandmother that Silas had his first noticeable bought of accidental magic. He was riding his bike, fast, down the road and crying when the chain suddenly snapped off. It wrapped around his leg and he went tumbling over the handlebars and into a tree. Leg badly cut, he just sat crying as tree branches fell around him.

The Ministry intervened at that point, explaining to his mother and grandfather the situation. About what Silas was. Rather than wanting to deal with the responsibility, Lavender asked them to take Silas away. Grandfather Johnathan stepped in and said he would take care of everything and ensure that all the Ministry's rules and regulations were followed about Silas' schooling before attending an actual wizarding school. Lavender chose to have herself obliviated and moved to London. When she makes one of her rare visits to see her father, she has no idea that Silas is her child and just thinks he a child of one of the long time inhabitants of the hotel. As much as it pains Johnathan, he has to pretend like Silas isn't his grandson when she's around and restrain his anger towards his daughter over her choice.

At sixteen, he was admitted to Hogwarts and by that time, he had learned to ignore the nagging feelings of inferiority over what his mother had done and what is in his 'genes'. He chooses to meet each day with a smile, even if he wants to punch a wall.

Through his years at Hogwarts, he has always tried to take the easy way out. Never wanting to excel at anything, but never wanting to fail. Though he did fail his Apparation test and has been too sour about it to retake it yet. Silas wants to be average and forgettable, because he can't bare the thought of anyone actually caring about him and him disappointing them. He has spent the last six years pretending to be mediocre and even giving credit to the occasional work partner that they are the one who made their project succeed, even if it was him.

Likes: Boys, girls, and everything in between and beyond. Muggle vehicles, especially motorcycles. Surprisingly good at baking bread. Secretly, he likes cuddly animals and Wizard's Chess...but he always lets his partner win if he thinks he's going to win.
Dislikes: Being too noticeable. Narrow minded people. Bullies.
Best Known For: Hitting on anything with a heartbeat. Being particularly nasty with breakups. His sometimes dark humor when it comes to death.
Moments of Glory: Fixing up his grandfather's motorcycle by himself and riding it to King's Cross.
Moments of Shame: Forgetting that he couldn't leave the motorcycle at King's Cross all school year and find out it had been impounded and his grandfather made him scrub toilets at the hotel for two months to pay back the cost of getting it out of impound.
Biggest Regret: Never apologizing to the first girl he broke up with. Mary. She had thought they were a couple and he'd laughed at her when she started crying when he told her to get lost. She said that for all his jokes and smiles, he was a heartless. Silas never spoke to her again and actively avoids her to this day.
Extra curricular subjects: Arithmancy (surprisingly, he enjoys the routine of numbers), Care of Magical Creatures, Muggle Studies
Marks:

Charms - A
Transfiguration - A
Herbology - T
Defense Against the Dark Arts - A
History of Magic - A
Potions - D

(optional courses)
Care of Magical Creatures - A
Arithmancy - O (oops, he didn't mean to do that)
Muggle Studies - A

Feel free to contact me for connections and what not. ^^

Mellific

Quote from: Mellific on March 13, 2018, 04:28:37 PM
I made my CS and knew that I wanted my character to be in a particular house. So, since she's a second year, I assigned her to the house I wanted her to be in. For good measure, I also took the quiz and got the same result, anyway.  ::)

I'm thinking that if you make a character who you want in a specific house, (who isn't a first year) go ahead and place them in the house you want them in, and that they most fit in with. But, if you would like to submit answers to the test questions, then we can tell you your result upon approval. ^^

So I'm going to revise the statement above: We'd like for everyone to refer to the quiz for placement, even if your character is a second year and above. Should you have a House preference, let us know in the PM with your CS.  ;)

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Wicked Emi on March 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
I've decided to join and know exactly who I'm going to play!  Mwhahahaha!

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

QuoteI must admit that the character I am rebuilding was a concept of coming from a family of Hufflepuffs that traces their lineage back to a close relative of Helga Hufflepuff herself and being sorted into Slytherin.

>_>

Of course, with the sorting, I have a 25% chance that the same will hold true and a 75% chance of being the first non-Hufflepuff in the family.

<_<

That hat will remember that when sorting  ;)

King Serperior

Quote from: Untamed Skies on March 13, 2018, 07:30:19 PM
That hat will remember that when sorting  ;)
It's perfectly fine if Dante isn't in Slytherin.  I remade the character with the sorting in mind.  I'm good with pretty much any house as all four would make for something interesting.  *nod*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wicked Emi

Hobbes1266

So, are there any plans for keeping the player characters in some form of a group or will they be seperate unless they decide otherwise?

Eikichi

PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on March 13, 2018, 08:05:46 PM
So, are there any plans for keeping the player characters in some form of a group or will they be seperate unless they decide otherwise?

Do you mean in terms of posting order?

QuoteInterest peaked. Face claim: Robert Patrick Amell

Reserved for you. Welcome!

Zealously Jaded

Like a bad gambler with a terrible hand I am all in!

I would like to reserve Kaya Scodelario.

Untamed Skies

Zealously Jaded

I knew there was a reason I needed to be on E tonight!

HockeyGod

And here's my approved dude...

Xerxes Taylor

Name: Xerxes (zerc-seas) Taylor
Age/Birthdate: 17 / October 23, 1999
Blood Status: Half
House: Waiting to be sorted
Year: 1st Year
Wand: Walnut with Veela hair core, 10 inches
FaceClaim: Dylan O’Brien
Height/Weight: 5’10”/152 lbs
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eyes: Dark brown
Distinguishing Marks: Xerxes wears glasses – he does own contacts, but they tend to irritate his eyes so he doesn’t wear them often. His only distinguishing feature is a small birthmark on his left dimple.
Sexual Orientation: Gay (semi-closeted) While not particularly sexually active up until this point in his life, Xerxes has internally accepted that he is gay, but has yet to proudly wave a rainbow flag. He doesn’t hide it – particularly from strangers, but he doesn’t discuss it with his family.
Home: Bowness-on-Solway, a small coastal hamlet at the far Western edge of Northumberland on the England/Scotland border.
Personality: Xerxes is full of curiosity and constantly seeking new knowledge. Sometimes this constant question asking can get annoying. His mind is constantly processing information and he sometimes feels if he doesn’t understand everything he’ll explode. Xerxes is bright and full of facts but lacks strategic application of knowledge. In other words, he could recite most theory and mechanics of magic, but is not adept at implementing into successful spellcasting. It likely comes from the lack of experience with magic users.
Family: Xerxes parents William and Margaret are humans that own a Bed & Breakfast in Bowness-on-Solway which caters to guests who are walking Hadrian’s Wall or interested in the tides. It is uncertain as to where Xerxes’ magical heritage originated as none of his known family attended a magical school.
History: Xerxes grew up in a loving family that was self-sufficient in their small community. His grandfather made his living off the sea from fishing and selling his catch. Xerxes’ parents took advantage of the tourism industry and opened a Bed & Breakfast. As a result, his father was constantly fixing broken doors or repairing a malfunctioning appliance. It is likely Xerxes gained his interest in tinkering from watching his father. His mother was the epitome of a welcoming host – always making people feel like part of the family. Both were well read and spoke several languages, learned over the years of hosting foreign visitors.

Growing up, Xerxes spent is time not only following around his parents, but also taking advantage of the sea. Bowness-on-Solway was a small port on the Irish sea. Xerxes enjoyed swimming in the cold sea and investigating what was brought in with the tides each day which plowed in and out like clockwork.

Xerxes attended school in nearby Carlisle and was the top of his class. He had particular interest in sciences and even had a thought of becoming an engineer. When the invitation to Hogwarts came his family was taken off guard and introduced to a world they never fathomed existed. Before school was to head back into session Xerxes met a guy his age, Jason, that was staying with his aunt and uncle. Jason played rugby for his high school and had stories of London that fed Xerxes curiosity. One night their discussions evolved and Xerxes had his first intimate encounter. Jason made it clear that there would be no relationship and it was just for fun. It impacted Xerxes both positively and negatively – he became self-aware of his sexuality, but also hurt when Jason slammed the door on any relationship.
Likes: Inventing things (tinkering), combining charms and technology, reading, libraries, and swimming
Dislikes: Machismo, arrogance, battling, egotism, and ignorance
Moments of Glory: Xerxes was on his way to being valedictorian of his class before the invitation from Hogwarts was received.
Moments of Shame: Before leaving home for Hogwarts, Xerxes was approached by a rugby player in high school that was staying with his aunt and uncle. The two got along and it quickly became physical. Unfortunately it was made clear that there would be no long-term relationship – only the pleasure.
Biggest Regret: Hiding his sexual orientation from his parents.
Extra-curricular activities: Primarily academics and swimming.

Untamed Skies

All characters that have been approved by the GMs may be posted here.

I will also add a link on the front page here so it doesn't get lost as the recruitment thread grows

RedPhoenix

Untamed Skies

Zealously Jaded

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Untamed Skies

Reserved for you, looking forward to seeing what you cook up ^^

Untamed Skies

We officially have a OOC Thread UP now. So once you guys get accepted, if you would like to chat there, or form connections feel free.

Crash

Not sure which direction I am going to go so save me Fay Connie Zchmidt too

LamentingQuill

Eikichi

Untamed Skies

All three are reserved for you guys, sorry for the wait just got back from work.

Welcome Quill!

Zealously Jaded

I wasn't going to but I'd like to reserve Jenna Rosenow.

Mellific

I'd like to remove my prior face claim of Alice Isaaz and replace it with Sophie Turner, please.  :P

O/O | A/A | MM

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: Mellific on March 15, 2018, 10:06:20 AM
I'd like to remove my prior face claim of Alice Isaaz and replace it with Sophie Turner, please.  :P

I like Sophie Turner, she is pretty.

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Zealously Jaded on March 15, 2018, 09:23:06 AM
I wasn't going to but I'd like to reserve Jenna Rosenow.

She's reserved for you, but I can't resist asking, was she a different flower before?  :P

Mellific

Quote from: Untamed Skies on March 15, 2018, 10:44:46 AM
She's reserved for you, but I can't resist asking, was she a different flower before?  :P

Lol. Rose now. Tulip before.

O/O | A/A | MM

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: Untamed Skies on March 15, 2018, 10:44:46 AM

Quote from: Mellific on March 15, 2018, 11:50:23 AM
Lol. Rose now. Tulip before.

LOL you two crack me up!

LamentingQuill

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

RedPhoenix

If anyone is thinking about joining and looking for a character I could use some more upper class girls to be friends with. =)

Blythe

Could I nab a faceclaim on Brandon Mychal Smith?

*is contemplating a 7th year student for his other character*

Untamed Skies

For the moment we're asking all 2nd characters be 1st years. But I did reserve the face for you.

Blythe

Ah, never mind then, you can un-reserve the face claim.

Untamed Skies

Once we get rolling we may open the possibility of a 3rd character, or more options, so it might not be a bad idea to keep your idea on the back burner.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Untamed Skies on March 15, 2018, 09:51:24 PM
Once we get rolling we may open the possibility of a 3rd character, or more options, so it might not be a bad idea to keep your idea on the back burner.

Speaking of characters, how is the approval of mine going, hun? I'm excited for this :D

Mellific

Quote from: LamentingQuill on March 15, 2018, 09:54:50 PM
Speaking of characters, how is the approval of mine going, hun? I'm excited for this :D

I have yet to receive a character sheet from you, hun!  :P

O/O | A/A | MM

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mellific on March 15, 2018, 10:14:07 PM
I have yet to receive a character sheet from you, hun!  :P

I didn't know you were a GM! I'm sorry about that! :O

-hugs Mel tightly-

Tokyorose627

I'm interested in this! I'm assuming there can be transfer students, or students that from other places other then London or the U.K. Area?

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on March 15, 2018, 11:20:56 PM
I'm interested in this! I'm assuming there can be transfer students, or students that from other places other then London or the U.K. Area?

I would assume, we got folks coming from France and Russia so far (that I'm aware of).

Wicked Emi

You just have to give reason why they are going to Hogwarts

thewomboldt

Mellific

We'd need a plausible reason for the transfer, and as a whole, would prefer the bulk of our students come from the UK or surrounding areas, as that is what's most common.

Quote from: thewomboldt on March 16, 2018, 09:26:40 AM
you know I am in you have my character >:)

I don't. Could you please sent me your CS?

O/O | A/A | MM

thewomboldt

Untamed Skies has it. I built it back when he was making the concept.

Mellific

Quote from: thewomboldt on March 16, 2018, 09:39:18 AM
Untamed Skies has it. I built it back when he was making the concept.

I'm the Co-GM and have been approving the character sheets. Just don't want yours slipping through the cracks.

O/O | A/A | MM

thewomboldt

Quote from: Mellific on March 16, 2018, 09:57:01 AM
I'm the Co-GM and have been approving the character sheets. Just don't want yours slipping through the cracks.

I understand. I have it coded on my comp at home so when I get a chance I will send it over

LamentingQuill

Save me Gackt Camui, feeling a second character :D

Barnbean

Hockygod brought this game to my attention and i am quite interested

Mellific

Quote from: Barnbean on March 17, 2018, 08:20:34 AM
Hockygod brought this game to my attention and i am quite interested

Glad to hear that you're interested! Let us know if we can help with your character creation process! Once you've completed a CS, just PM it to Untamed Skies and myself. ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies

Quote from: LamentingQuill on March 16, 2018, 09:26:10 PM
Save me Gackt Camui, feeling a second character :D

reserved for ya

QuoteHockygod brought this game to my attention and i am quite interested

Let me know when you settle on a face to reserve

Barnbean

Quote from: Mellific on March 17, 2018, 08:32:24 AM
Glad to hear that you're interested! Let us know if we can help with your character creation process! Once you've completed a CS, just PM it to Untamed Skies and myself. ^^

Thanks a lot! lifes been hectic but I will get stuff done ASAP!

Auctor

I'm Interested for sure can i Face claim Ryan Reynolds?

LamentingQuill

Mellific

Quote from: Auctor on March 19, 2018, 04:08:03 PM
I'm Interested for sure can i Face claim Ryan Reynolds?

I'm sorry but he simply looks much to old to be in the age ranges we have assigned for this game. Unless you were planning on only using the very few, younger pictures of him that are floating around on the internet, I'm afraid he just wouldn't work for this setting.

You are more than welcome to face claim someone younger, though. I'd recommend that you take a look at the Face Claim Directory, which has really neat options that enable you to narrow your search criteria. I would recommend setting the age range to 20-29 for this game. ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies

For those that may be interested, we've just about finished our sorting Ceremony. The Year will be starting soon, but if you were to join now you won't be behind on most things at all.

As always feel free to ask any questions ^^

CurvyKitten

OK been going back and forth about this one for a while now. Figured I could give it a try if it's not to late to put my hat in? If so I want to reserve- Alina Phillips, Ruby Rose.

Untamed Skies

Mellific

Feel free to remove the claim on Sophie Turner, Untamed. I'm going to go a different direction for my second character. ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mellific on March 30, 2018, 07:59:09 AM
Feel free to remove the claim on Sophie Turner, Untamed. I'm going to go a different direction for my second character. ^^

Oooooh! *waits to see what Mellfic comes up with in high anticipation*

Mellific

I would like to reserve Daniel Bederov, please.  ::)

Quote from: LamentingQuill on March 30, 2018, 11:57:57 AM
Oooooh! *waits to see what Mellfic comes up with in high anticipation*

Hehehe~ It's a very different direction!

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies

Swashbuckler

Untamed Skies

Our sorting Ceremony has just finished and the school year has just begun.

There will be a quidditch event starting pretty soon, but otherwise the game is just starting to get underway. All comers are still very much welcome.

Zealously Jaded

Come and join the fun...

Slytherin house = Best house!

Prove me wrong!!!!

Untamed Skies

We have raised the character cap limit to 3, which will allow the ability to have more then one student older than a 1st year for interested parties.

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

LamentingQuill

Untamed Skies

Yes, I don't think we have excess of anything. We need interested players.

LamentingQuill

Ahhhh! That doesn't help! >.<

*tries to decide between a male or female character, is now in fierce mental battle with herself*

Jag

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Jag on April 17, 2018, 06:24:45 PM
Faceclaim for Vadim Shatilov (non-binary).

Jag, my buddy, my pal... halp! What do ya think? Male or female?

Jag

Quote from: LamentingQuill on April 17, 2018, 06:25:57 PM
Jag, my buddy, my pal... halp! What do ya think? Male or female?

Well...I'm going with neither, so I'm probably not the best to ask about that. Technically, mine is assigned male at birth.

I'm more interested in having more 4+year characters than gender.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Jag on April 17, 2018, 06:27:16 PM
Well...I'm going with neither, so I'm probably not the best to ask about that. Technically, mine is assigned male at birth.

I'm more interested in having more 4+year characters than gender.

*cuddles close to her pal* Decisions are hard.

Untamed Skies

HockeyGod

Untamed Skies

LamentingQuill

So, I'm torn between
Rick Mora
and
Q'orianka Kilcher
... any opinions?

Going with the child of a Native American couple that work for the Wizarding World's England location American Embassy. Mom and Dad have been in England at least five years before she was conceived.

Really feeling my Native American heritage right now :)

Untamed Skies

My advice would be start writing your background, and then let your muse guide you from there. That way you don't commit to one, then regret not doing the other.

Let your muse introduce you to your character?

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 17, 2018, 07:06:41 PM
My advice would be start writing your background, and then let your muse guide you from there. That way you don't commit to one, then regret not doing the other.

Let your muse introduce you to your character?

My character is decided. Just trying to decide between male or female.

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 17, 2018, 11:42:29 AM
We have raised the character cap limit to 3, which will allow the ability to have more then one student older than a 1st year for interested parties.

You're killing me!!!

Eikichi

Reserve Nicholas Hoult for me. I already know what character I'll be adding. ;D

Untamed Skies

We're getting a little side tracked, to make sure we're following E's expectations of the recruitment forum lets take everything not related to recruitment back over to the OOC.

Zealously Jaded

Sorry! I was just so excited about a new character and the possibilities. Just not another Hufflepuff, my black little heart couldn't take it.

HockeyGod

Please hold this dude - I have no idea what his name is...

Untamed Skies

Quote from: HockeyGod on April 18, 2018, 09:27:17 AM
Please hold this dude - I have no idea what his name is...

Well.....You can use them, but I don't have a name to reserve them under. Google is no help

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 18, 2018, 11:34:42 AM
Well.....You can use them, but I don't have a name to reserve them under. Google is no help

I tried too, no cigar.

CurvyKitten

The only thing I found with him was a deactivated account on Deviantart. No name, or age or any other info. Sorry Hun I tried. :(

persephone325

I know it says to "please be active", but is there a minimum posting requirement? I tend to be quite a slow poster at times, unless involved in a GM run plot where I know things need to run on a tighter schedule.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Mellific

I don't believe there is a minimum posting requirement. We all have fluctuating schedules and times where we can't post as often as we'd like to. We just ask that if a player is going to be gone for an extended period, to let the rest of the players know. I know, it's not a very specific answer, but we don't want those who don't write as often as others to feel like they cannot be a part of the game. This game is largely sandbox/freeform, with a few directional events run by GM's. So, I'd just suggest maybe limiting the number of scenes that you involve yourself in, if you know you're going to be a little slower with posts. ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies

Quote from: persephone325 on April 22, 2018, 05:08:16 AM
I know it says to "please be active", but is there a minimum posting requirement? I tend to be quite a slow poster at times, unless involved in a GM run plot where I know things need to run on a tighter schedule.

There isn't a minimum posting speed required. Even the GM events thus far have been more of a sandbox then a specific posting order needed.

Events arranged for specific players as part of discovering the mystery that will slowly reveal itself this year, will also take into account the typical posting habits of the players involved. We don't want anyone to feel like we're holding the feet to the fire.

HockeyGod

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 22, 2018, 04:11:11 AM
The only thing I found with him was a deactivated account on Deviantart. No name, or age or any other info. Sorry Hun I tried. :(

No worries. Thanks for hunting.

persephone325

Quote from: Mellific on April 22, 2018, 05:13:15 AM
I don't believe there is a minimum posting requirement. We all have fluctuating schedules and times where we can't post as often as we'd like to. We just ask that if a player is going to be gone for an extended period, to let the rest of the players know. I know, it's not a very specific answer, but we don't want those who don't write as often as others to feel like they cannot be a part of the game. This game is largely sandbox/freeform, with a few directional events run by GM's. So, I'd just suggest maybe limiting the number of scenes that you involve yourself in, if you know you're going to be a little slower with posts. ^^

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 22, 2018, 08:36:10 AM
There isn't a minimum posting speed required. Even the GM events thus far have been more of a sandbox then a specific posting order needed.

Events arranged for specific players as part of discovering the mystery that will slowly reveal itself this year, will also take into account the typical posting habits of the players involved. We don't want anyone to feel like we're holding the feet to the fire.

Thank you, both! I've been kinda keeping an eye on this for some time now. I'll have to see what the muse thinks about it. Hopefully she'll cooperate! *fingers crossed*
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Untamed Skies

We're looking forward to having you, can't wait to see what you create ^^

Lady Sakura

persephone325

I don't know.

lux89

Hi, I am plenty interested. Is there a way I can jump in?

Mellific

Quote from: lux89 on May 02, 2018, 05:17:03 AM
Hi, I am plenty interested. Is there a way I can jump in?

Absolutely! Just send us a character sheet and we'll take it from there.  :-)

If you needed any help with that, don't hesitate to ask here.

O/O | A/A | MM

Shenzi

Hi there! If you're still accepting, may I reserve a face claim Won Jong Jin? I'd love to join you!

I'll get to work on a character sheet, if you would have me? I'm sorry, is this how I would apply for the thread? And I would then send the sheet to the creator, right? =>

Mellific

Quote from: supermouse on May 02, 2018, 06:38:04 AM
Hi there! If you're still accepting, may I reserve a face claim Won Jong Jin? I'd love to join you!

I'll get to work on a character sheet, if you would have me? I'm sorry, is this how I would apply for the thread? And I would then send the sheet to the creator, right? =>

You've got it all correct! Just fill out the sheet in this thread, then send it in a PM to Untamed Skies and myself. ^^

You certainly can reserve that face claim. I'll let Untamed know to add it in.  :-)

Looking forward to seeing what you both come up with!

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies

Quote from: supermouse on May 02, 2018, 06:38:04 AM

Sorry for the delay, the face is reserved for you.

Flower

Hey! My name's Flower and I'm a Potterverse addict. By any chance, is this game still recruiting?

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Flower on June 07, 2018, 03:12:14 PM
Hey! My name's Flower and I'm a Potterverse addict. By any chance, is this game still recruiting?

Far as I know, we're always recruiting.

Mellific

Flower! <333

That's correct, we are always recruiting! And we'd love to have you join us.  ;D

O/O | A/A | MM

Swashbuckler

Untamed Skies

It would be delightful to have you!! let me know if you have any questions.

Flower

I'll work up a concept. Thank you guys for being so welcoming! (^^)

HockeyGod

Ack! Join us  ;D

Flower

Shobogun Lover

*Jiggles and jaggles my way into here.* I heard you're looking for people!

Mellific

LOL. *Immediately gets dizzy.*

We sure are! Step right up! Everyone's welcome. We're currently still posting in the first month of the school year - September. So you haven't missed much! ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

Shobogun Lover

Quote from: Mellific on June 15, 2018, 05:24:41 PM
LOL. *Immediately gets dizzy.*

We sure are! Step right up! Everyone's welcome. We're currently still posting in the first month of the school year - September. So you haven't missed much! ^^
Hue hue hue I have a couple of people I miss playing. Some muffins, some awful. :P

I'll work on these profile in about an hour. Going to Walmart with my bro!

Mellific

Quote from: Shobogun Lover on June 15, 2018, 05:28:24 PM
Hue hue hue I have a couple of people I miss playing. Some muffins, some awful. :P

I'll work on these profile in about an hour. Going to Walmart with my bro!

Be careful, Walmart can be a maze that is hard to escape! x3

I'd love to see the awful and the muffins! No rush, whenever you get to it!  :-)

O/O | A/A | MM

Shobogun Lover

So by Walmart they actually meant Winn-Dixie. Hahahah!

They're old characters so it won't take long tbh.

Peripherie

So Syfy and USA networks are hosting a Wizarding Weekend with all the movies across two days. I have recorded them all and am binging. I read most of the books but it was years ago when they came out.

Is your game still open for new characters? I am not incredibly well versed in everything HP but after this movie marathon I think I will have caught up somewhat.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Mellific

Quote from: Peripherie on July 15, 2018, 02:12:12 PM
So Syfy and USA networks are hosting a Wizarding Weekend with all the movies across two days. I have recorded them all and am binging. I read most of the books but it was years ago when they came out.

Is your game still open for new characters? I am not incredibly well versed in everything HP but after this movie marathon I think I will have caught up somewhat.

Absolutely, we are still accepting characters!  ;D

And there's no need to worry about being a HP expert. The Wiki page is hugely helpful and if you ever need help along the way, you can always ask in the OOC!  ^^

Looking very forward to seeing the character you come up with!

O/O | A/A | MM

HockeyGod

Cailleach

Tentatively dipping my toe in, is there still room for more?
If there is great but I might spend the next two days just reading through posts and getting a feel for the game regardless.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Cailleach on July 21, 2018, 05:19:25 PM
Tentatively dipping my toe in, is there still room for more?
If there is great but I might spend the next two days just reading through posts and getting a feel for the game regardless.

We're always accepting :)

Cailleach

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 21, 2018, 05:30:52 PM
We're always accepting :)

Wonderful, I'm just logging out for the night but will look through the character sheet tomorrow and see what I can come up with.  :-)

Mellific

Quote from: Cailleach on July 21, 2018, 05:32:16 PM
Wonderful, I'm just logging out for the night but will look through the character sheet tomorrow and see what I can come up with.  :-)

Thanks for your interest! We're looking very forward to seeing what you come up with! If you have any questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to ask them here.  :-)

Oh, and goodnight!  ;D

O/O | A/A | MM

Cailleach

Quote from: Mellific on July 21, 2018, 05:33:41 PM
Thanks for your interest! We're looking very forward to seeing what you come up with! If you have any questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to ask them here.  :-)

Oh, and goodnight!  ;D

Thanks Mellific, had a concept bumping around in my head today at various stages and decided on the face claim that would be perfect too.
I have to go back to the drawing board on that one though, came on to copy and paste the character sheet so I could work on it offline and saw the FC was taken.
These things happen though, will just have to keep a copy of the face claims with me in future  ;D

Mellific

Quote from: Cailleach on July 22, 2018, 03:05:08 PM
Thanks Mellific, had a concept bumping around in my head today at various stages and decided on the face claim that would be perfect too.
I have to go back to the drawing board on that one though, came on to copy and paste the character sheet so I could work on it offline and saw the FC was taken.
These things happen though, will just have to keep a copy of the face claims with me in future  ;D

Sorry to hear that your FC won't work out. That's too bad. If you need another reference for ideas, I always use the Face Claim Directory.  :-)

O/O | A/A | MM

Cailleach

Quote from: Mellific on July 22, 2018, 03:17:07 PM
Sorry to hear that your FC won't work out. That's too bad. If you need another reference for ideas, I always use the Face Claim Directory.  :-)

Thank you, that will be a great help actually.
My head still reels when I look at the big screen version of Elliquiy after being used to the wee tiny part of the newbie intro part

Mellific

Quote from: Cailleach on July 22, 2018, 03:19:19 PM
Thank you, that will be a great help actually.
My head still reels when I look at the big screen version of Elliquiy after being used to the wee tiny part of the newbie intro part

Not to worry, we were all new once!  ;D

I remember those days very well. But, I'm sure with some exploration and navigation, you'll feel right at home in no time. It took me a while to explore the threads that didn't deal with Rp. There's no rush whatsoever on that. And if you need any help, you can always ask someone!  ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

Cailleach

Quote from: Mellific on July 22, 2018, 03:29:39 PM
Not to worry, we were all new once!  ;D

I remember those days very well. But, I'm sure with some exploration and navigation, you'll feel right at home in no time. It took me a while to explore the threads that didn't deal with Rp. There's no rush whatsoever on that. And if you need any help, you can always ask someone!  ^^

Thanks Mellific, that does help.
Would you please hold the face claims Rooney Mara for me please and Will Tudor.
Thank you

Untamed Skies

Cailleach

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Cailleach on July 22, 2018, 04:00:09 PM
Thank you, I can breath a bit easier now.  ;D

My curiosity is piqued, who was the original face claims in mind? That mystery is in the air now and it's bugging me for some silly reason xD

Cailleach

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 22, 2018, 04:01:27 PM
My curiosity is piqued, who was the original face claims in mind? That mystery is in the air now and it's bugging me for some silly reason xD

I should have looked closer on the list so it's my fault entirely.
Don't let it bug you, truly - I will spray the air with all sorts of wonderful organic scents so you don't have to smell anything again.
I have my face people now, so all is good.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Cailleach on July 22, 2018, 04:14:13 PM
I should have looked closer on the list so it's my fault entirely.
Don't let it bug you, truly - I will spray the air with all sorts of wonderful organic scents so you don't have to smell anything again.
I have my face people now, so all is good.

Bah, but the mystery! *faints*

Cailleach

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 22, 2018, 04:19:40 PM
Bah, but the mystery! *faints*

*tip toes away* it wasn't me, really it wasn't
am awful in a crisis  ::)

Peripherie

I finished my binge watching of HP movies! So I may want to jump in with a character or two. I need to finish up some RL stuff and look over the threads so it may by the end of this coming week. I'll keep an eye out for a face claim or two though.

EDIT:

Actually - if not already taken, can I reserve Sarah McDaniel and Anthony Gastelier?
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Peripherie on July 22, 2018, 04:28:48 PM
I finished my binge watching of HP movies! So I may want to jump in with a character or two. I need to finish up some RL stuff and look over the threads so it may by the end of this coming week. I'll keep an eye out for a face claim or two though.

EDIT:

Actually - if not already taken, can I reserve Sarah McDaniel and Anthony Gastelier?

Take your time, there is no rush.

Your face claims are reserved for you.

Mellific

If people would find it helpful, I'm thinking about making something that lists out the major events in game and summarizes them. That way we can keep track of it all and have a running reference guide.

Not much has happened in the game just yet - there have been two GM events, one of which being the sorting ceremony, which is sort of self explanatory. But, it might be nice to have a place with dates and summaries to look back at. Especially if we're getting some lovely new faces in here! Squee!  :-)

O/O | A/A | MM

HockeyGod

Quote from: Mellific on July 22, 2018, 05:28:52 PM
If people would find it helpful, I'm thinking about making something that lists out the major events in game and summarizes them. That way we can keep track of it all and have a running reference guide.

Not much has happened in the game just yet - there have been two GM events, one of which being the sorting ceremony, which is sort of self explanatory. But, it might be nice to have a place with dates and summaries to look back at. Especially if we're getting some lovely new faces in here! Squee!  :-)

Love this idea  :D

Cailleach

Quote from: Mellific on July 22, 2018, 05:28:52 PM

This would be wonderful actually, thank you Mellific.

Quote from: HockeyGod on July 22, 2018, 06:09:46 PM
Love this idea  :D

*waves*
He's my mentor he is *grins and waves*

Mellific

Here is what I've come up with thus far: (Things will be added along as we continue with the game)

Summary of events that have taken place thus far in game

Friday, 1 September 2017 - Hogwarts Express - The train ride to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This event has concluded. Sorting Ceremony - All returning and new students of Hogwarts are welcomed to the great hall with a sorting ceremony (for the new students) and a grand feast (for all to enjoy). Note: Even though this event is over, if you want to play the sorting hat scene out, just PM the GM's with that request. For a list of students and their houses, just refer to the Accepted Characters thread.

Saturday, 23 September 2017 - Quidditch Tryouts - All students interested in joining the Quidditch team for their respective House are allowed to tryout this year, after the scandal of several key members of the team from last year, were caught cheating with Felix Felicis to enhance their chances of winning. Note: This scene has been stalled for some time. If you would like your character to be on the Quidditch team, please PM the GM's with that request. Currently all of the Slytherin spots are filled, but we might still be able to work something out.

Friday, 29 September 2017 - Black Lake Bonfire - Hosted by Aaric Balor. *GM Plot Event took place here.* Fergus, a halfblood Hufflepuff first year and Alyssa, a pureblood Slytherin sixth year (NPC's) get into a confrontation when Fergus clumsily spills his butterbeer all over her. Things escalate when he tries to wipe the stains away, and Alyssa warns him not to touch her. She bumps into him and topples backward, right into the lake. She drew her wand and pointed it straight at Fergus. A few other students intervened, no one was hurt and no spells were cast. Alyssa left the scene and Fergus summoned his pet rat, Chip, only to discover that he was turned into a squeaking statue. Fergus believes Alyssa had something to do with it.

O/O | A/A | MM

HockeyGod

Quote from: Cailleach on July 23, 2018, 06:54:09 AM
*waves*
He's my mentor he is *grins and waves*

Ack - there are many better than me ;) Glad you are jumping into things.  ;D

Vael the Destroyer

I'm posting potential interest here.

As long as there is room for a Goth/punk/alternative homosexual male who dresses in a gender non-conforming way.

Mellific

Quote from: Symphonic on July 24, 2018, 09:26:47 AM
I'm posting potential interest here.

As long as there is room for a Goth/punk/alternative homosexual male who dresses in a gender non-conforming way.

We're thrilled to have your interest, and of course there is room! Plenty of it!  ;D

O/O | A/A | MM

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Mellific on July 24, 2018, 09:28:33 AM
We're thrilled to have your interest, and of course there is room! Plenty of it!  ;D

Thank you so much for your welcoming attitude! I'll have to figure some things out but I believe I have a face already thought out and a name and all that jazz. Just need to fill out a character sheet and take the pottermore quiz.

In addition: is there any way I could reserve Ash Stymest as the face claim for my character Mercy Moon?

Untamed Skies

Flower

Vael the Destroyer